Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
afromanGT wrote:
[spoiler]I'd give a limb for Paul Dempsey to just start talking about masturbation in a pre-match analysis[/spoiler]

[spoiler] now that would definitely get a run on Santo, Sam and Ed... you could see him then turn to Kalac and Zelic and see Zelic start talking crap like "that's how we've always done it, we should play like that all the time" and then Kalac saying "i blame Pim for this"[/spoiler]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
[spoiler]I'd give a limb for Paul Dempsey to just start talking about masturbation in a pre-match analysis[/spoiler]

[spoiler] now that would definitely get a run on Santo, Sam and Ed... you could see him then turn to Kalac and Zelic and see Zelic start talking crap like "that's how we've always done it, we should play like that all the time" and then Kalac saying "i blame Pim for this"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I lol'd. Though I'm fairly sure it's Paul Dempsey's seamen holding Kalac's hair in place anyway. Zelic would get really animated in his conversation as well. Waving his arms abour as he does...[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

[spoiler] important question... should i take the 1 hour train trip into the city at 3AM to go watch the final at a pub, or should i catch the train 10mins to watch it at the local sports club or just stay home and have rice bubbles and drink Heineken ? [/spoiler]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

[spoiler]Ricebubbles and Heineken[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[spoiler]i think so... but im going to regret it hugely if the dutch win because then it'd have a shitload of fun... if spain win then it'l be okay because then i can go straight back to bed instead of being on the train for an hour with the shits[/spoiler]
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

[size=8]C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!![/size]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
[size=8]C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!![/size]

[size=8]P-P-P-P-P-PARTY POOPER!!![/size]
The Doctor wrote:
[spoiler]i think so... but im going to regret it hugely if the dutch win because then it'd have a shitload of fun... if spain win then it'l be okay because then i can go straight back to bed instead of being on the train for an hour with the shits[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Octopus picked spain. I'd be staying at home.[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

NO FUCK THE OCTOPUS! FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME MUTHAFUCKKA OCTOPUS!!!!!!!... iv had a sudden turn of adrenalin and im going to go into the city now for it

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Some armchair critic you are :P
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I wanna go to the city.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Some armchair critic you are :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i fucking hate that octopus... ever since he said Germany would beat England, just ARGH!... and if i don't go out for a World Cup Final where the Dutch are playing what sort of person am i... a person with no fun
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

What's wrong with predicting what we all knew was going to happen anyway?
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
What's wrong with predicting what we all knew was going to happen anyway?

BECAUSE IT DOSEN'T FIT MY WORLD VIEW ;) :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I'd have thought that as an english football fan you'd be used to that kind of disappointment by now.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

[youtube]3IC_HwpQ7oY[/youtube]

The 2nd, extended trailer.

It looks fucking awesome!!!

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Red Dawn Down Under.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

They definitely haven't skimped on the budget for TWTWBG. I was watching an interview with Marsden a while back and he was adamant about "The invaders" not having a national identity and seemed quite upset that there was one for the film.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
They definitely haven't skimped on the budget for TWTWBG. I was watching an interview with Marsden a while back and he was adamant about "The invaders" not having a national identity and seemed quite upset that there was one for the film.

Bit hard not too though. I mean sure, in the book thats fine, you just describe them very sparsely, 'foreigners', speaking some random language. But in the movies, they're going to have to be a nationality, and they're going to have to be speaking a certain language. Even if you don't name it, people will pick it anyway.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Well...you could make up a language, but I dunno how that would go down.

I'm watching Snatch tonight. Love that movie. Love Vinnie Jones in it.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Watching L4yer Cake, that scene where Morty beats up on the bum...it's pretty brutal. Though not particularly graphic.

"Dragan, I have an idea. How about you come around for breakfast? I'll squeeze some oranges and we'll talk about this like adults"
"That sounds very hospitable of you."
"Do you know where I live?"
"No"
"Fuck off then"

Edited by afromanGT: 19/7/2010 03:31:41 AM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

I'm watching Snatch tonight. Love that movie. Love Vinnie Jones in it.

One of my favorite movies :) Love the scene where they try to rob the bookies :lol:. Get's me crying with laughter every time!!!.

=d>

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I'm so bloody excited about Inception. Can't wait to see it.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

+1, looks great. No idea what it's about though :lol:
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

BTW, I thought this seemed a mighty interesting idea. Not sure whether it will be any good or not, but still worth a look perhaps.

[youtube]-0ienjBKrUA[/youtube]

For those giving me blank looks, alt-rock group Angels and Airwaves have had a huge role in creating this movie. Thier lead singer is Tom DeLonge, of Blink 182 fame.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Lesbian Vampire Killers is one of the funniest movies I've seen. Fletch is my new hero

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

[youtube][/youtube]

:lol:
charonis
charonis
Amateur
Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
Lesbian Vampire Killers is one of the funniest movies I've seen. Fletch is my new hero

I watched that the other week and was expecting it to be absolutely horrible, but I have to say it was a freaking classic and MUCH better than I expected it to be.

Can't wait to see the sequel with the gay werewolves, haha.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

:lol: That looks good
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend

marconi101 wrote:

aren't there several movies with that name or similar :lol:

Edited by gooner4life_8: 21/7/2010 06:15:53 PM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

marconi101 wrote:

That was one of the movies that was in the 'so bad it's good' category. It's lols, but it's shite.
Quote:
aren't there several movies with that name or similar

There's a similar one called Doghouse where a bunch of guys who are fighting with their partners or recently single from them go to a secluded british town, Zombie related mayhem ensues. Again, so bad it's good.

Spent yesterday watching Ocean's Thirteen, The Simpson's movie, Rocknrolla, Inglorious Basterds and a couple of other awesome movies that I've since forgotten.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search