God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I mean I get what you're saying but it's hard to sell someone like Alexis to a club overseas when no club overseas is coming in for him.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Captain Haddock - 15 Jan 2018 6:28 PM
BUT- when Arsenal lose, it makes me smile because I know there's new entertainment on Arsenal Fan TV to catch up on during my post-morning coffee shit. I reckon Robbie smiles on the inside too after performances like this mornings' as he thinks of the great content he's going to get as a result. 

The funniest part of Arsenal Fan TV for me is I genuinely know very few Arsenal fans that actually watch it. It's entertaining for almost everyone else though :lol: but I've watched maybe 5 episodes total, and it's too hard to watch it any more :lol: but I agree it perfectly epitomises what this club has become :lol:
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

jlm8695 - 15 Jan 2018 6:20 PM
pv4 - 15 Jan 2018 3:21 PM

Mikki is one of the best wide playmakers in the world imo, something we've lacked in the past few years. He'll take the creative responsibility off Ozil (if we can keep him) and allow us to play some actual good football. 

He's the type of player we've lacked since Nasri left. No coinciidence our best Wengerball football came with a world class playmaker (Fab) supported by players such as Hleb or Nasri. 

I just want us to play good football again.

Isn't most fans issue with the current system & coach that we are persisting with that system too much? 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

pv4 - 16 Jan 2018 10:24 AM
Captain Haddock - 15 Jan 2018 6:28 PM

The funniest part of Arsenal Fan TV for me is I genuinely know very few Arsenal fans that actually watch it. It's entertaining for almost everyone else though :lol: but I've watched maybe 5 episodes total, and it's too hard to watch it any more :lol: but I agree it perfectly epitomises what this club has become :lol:

It is great comedy. Even Noel (I think) Gallagher from Oasis watches it for its comedy value. 

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 16 Jan 2018 10:15 AM
I mean I get what you're saying but it's hard to sell someone like Alexis to a club overseas when no club overseas is coming in for him.

I can't make anymore excuses for this club because that's all it is, just another excuse. 
Alexis should never have been coming off contract to begin with, and I highly doubt there isn't any club overseas that wouldn't want him. The key difference is no overseas club is prepared to pay what Man United will, which again comes down to business.
When you look at the list of players we have sold to our rivals, and then look at who we've signed from them, it leaves you shocked to think we're one of the richest clubs in Europe. 
Even a club like Huddersfield shows more ambition then we do these days. 
Like I said I'm just over them and can't work out how any Arsenal fan ever gets excited about anything regarding Arsenal anymore these days. 
It's a joke of a club that has absolutely zero respect for it's fans. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

I will never understand the argument that he never should have been coming off contract to begin with. What exactly do people want the club to do, tie him up and force him to sign a new deal? I mean be angry about the club not buying the right players around him, but not sure that would have made a difference and been enough to get him to stay. You could also say maybe he should have been sold earlier, but if he was then people would complain about that, it's a lose lose situation for the club really.

There's a lot to criticise the club about obviously, but not sure exactly what people expect them to do here, if he wants to run his deal down there's not much the club can do about it.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 16 Jan 2018 7:56 PM
I will never understand the argument that he never should have been coming off contract to begin with. What exactly do people want the club to do, tie him up and force him to sign a new deal? I mean be angry about the club not buying the right players around him, but not sure that would have made a difference and been enough to get him to stay. You could also say maybe he should have been sold earlier, but if he was then people would complain about that, it's a lose lose situation for the club really.

There's a lot to criticise the club about obviously, but not sure exactly what people expect them to do here, if he wants to run his deal down there's not much the club can do about it.

Money talks. If you offer him the money he would have signed a contract I'm sure of it. Fuck walcott off who's on high wages for no good reason and give Sanchez a huge pay rise. We were better off keeping Gnabry on the bench instead of the useless Walcott.
There are ways of keeping your star players happy and by the looks of things we didn't do enough. 
At the end of the day of his attitude was a disgrace and it was obvious he'll leave then yes sell him early to a club overseas for a cut price deal. Not to a direct rival. 
Then again it probably doesn't matter these days, our rivals have gone from Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, and Man City to Crystal Palace, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, and Swansea.
We might as well sell to the bigger clubs with Kronke in charge. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

He was offered a huge pay rise, just a fraction less of what United are supposedly offering him so the offer was there and has been there for ages. Thankfully though it does look like you'll get your wish with Walcott.

And yes I agree, our rivals are now teams battling relegation which is exactly the position we are in.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

sydneycroatia58 - 16 Jan 2018 8:41 PM
He was offered a huge pay rise, just a fraction less of what United are supposedly offering him so the offer was there and has been there for ages. Thankfully though it does look like you'll get your wish with Walcott.

And yes I agree, our rivals are now teams battling relegation which is exactly the position we are in.

A fraction less being the key word here. We shouldn't be valuing him less then what Man United are. By the way I'm talking about all the stars we've sold over the years to rivals. There's no excuse for it I'm sorry. 
And yes thank fuck Walcott will finally be sold. I actually would have got rid of him long ago and kept Gnabry over him. 
If true that we'll get Mkhitaryan as a swap it could make things better, even though I don't think he's the answer but I highly doubt he'd want to come anyways. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Wenger says Alexis to United is likely. Also says Mkhitaryan's wages aren't a problem so that's why a swap deal is likely.

Said Malcolm is unlikely in January but doesn't deny Aubameyang and says he would fit in at Arsenal.

Best news of the presser though was that Ozil isn't going anywhere in January, not a shock but a positive at least.
Edited
6 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Yeah, so looks like Aubameyang is actually happening and we're making #ArsenalFrenchAgain

Really think if we get it over the line with Mikki then we're in a good position to not only make top 4 but also keep Ozil. 

Laca-Aubameyang
Ozil-Mikki
Xhaka-Ramsey
Seo-Koscielny-Mustafi-Bellerin
Helmet fuck

That's a nice team. 

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

If we can get Mikki and Auba over the line attention shifts to keeping Ozil long term and getting a CB, DM and GK. KNowing us we'll probably get none of them though.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Nice confidence boosting win. Good to see Monreal get the rewards his play has always deserved.

So that's Mikki all but done. Sad to see Alexis go but it is what it is. Dortmund have confirmed we have asked to start negotiations over Aubameyang so if we can get that done it really hasn't been a bad winter window.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Soon

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6EhOjUOrdCTRLlYI/giphy.gif

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Sanchez has criticised a few team mates. Interesting, dressing room split?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

BETHFC - 23 Jan 2018 9:30 AM

It was no secret that Sanchez wasn't popular in the dressing room.

People like to use it as a stick to beat us with 'HE'S A WINNER, JUST PASSION UNLIKE THOSE BOTTLERS", but he's actions over the years (Storming out of stadiums) makes me think there's some petulance to it all as well. 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

They most likely deserved to be criticised. He's a player that loves to win and only celebrates a win. Proof of this was the game we were 3-0 down to Bournemuth and came back to level the scores at 3-3. Half the team ran over to the sideline to celebrate a fucking draw, while he was running to the half way line screaming at his team mates won had the shit mentality of thinking the jobs done at 3-3 away to Bouremouth out of all clubs. 
I will admit I'm not a fan of a player who'll constantly whinge about a bad pass and pretty much break his team mates confidence, however I do prefer his attitude in being happy only after a win and basically depressed after a loss, something I can say many current players don't feel as you see them walking off the field smiling and joking after a loss or especially a draw. 
I don't respect any player that leaves a club for a direct rival but just because he did I won't talk shit and say I hated his attitude, because in all honesty I loved it and preferred it compared with some of the other show ponies.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

https://i.gyazo.com/252129e384d96dde3920447e92df219b.png
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

robstazzz - 24 Jan 2018 10:56 AM

They most likely deserved to be criticised. He's a player that loves to win and only celebrates a win. Proof of this was the game we were 3-0 down to Bournemuth and came back to level the scores at 3-3. Half the team ran over to the sideline to celebrate a fucking draw, while he was running to the half way line screaming at his team mates won had the shit mentality of thinking the jobs done at 3-3 away to Bouremouth out of all clubs. 
I will admit I'm not a fan of a player who'll constantly whinge about a bad pass and pretty much break his team mates confidence, however I do prefer his attitude in being happy only after a win and basically depressed after a loss, something I can say many current players don't feel as you see them walking off the field smiling and joking after a loss or especially a draw. 
I don't respect any player that leaves a club for a direct rival but just because he did I won't talk shit and say I hated his attitude, because in all honesty I loved it and preferred it compared with some of the other show ponies.

Well said, I'm with you be it whatever club you support and players.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Ozil re-signs. 

The best signing for us since.... Wel Ozil.

Going to finish as a club legend.
pv4
pv4
Legend

jlm8695 - 1 Feb 2018 8:28 AM
Ozil re-signs. 

The best signing for us since.... Wel Ozil.

Going to finish as a club legend.

His re-signing surely means Wenger is staying.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

If only we could play Everton every week.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

For all the hype we didn't see much from your front 3. 

If it wasn't for Cech it could have been 4-0. 

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

BETHFC - 12 Feb 2018 2:17 PM
For all the hype we didn't see much from your front 3. 

If it wasn't for Cech it could have been 4-0. 

Pretty much an identical fixture to the one earlier this year. 

You're a much better coached team at the moment.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

TBH a well played 1st half.
Crap defending early 2nd Kane was on his own all the good work went to dust then.
Yer Chec had a blinder but for his ball skills testing the boundaries lol.......
Really disappointed Ozil/Mkhitaryan were MIA.
Sorry Iwobi is ordinary.
Spurs were allowed too much ball.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

jlm8695 - 12 Feb 2018 4:21 PM
BETHFC - 12 Feb 2018 2:17 PM

Pretty much an identical fixture to the one earlier this year. 

You're a much better coached team at the moment.

Watched a replay and there wasn't much service.

Elneny was ok but Jack is useless and Xhaka is a waste of 35mil. I don't know why either of them are near your first team. 

Ozil is now your highest paid player and once again he disappeared in a big game. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No matter of Jack at least he kept trying I'll give him that.
Lacazette's attempted volley/technique was woeful and his 2nd chance very late in the game admittedly acute angle should have could have.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

A day later and it's weird, I don't feel upset or even angry about the loss. I wouldn't go as far to say that I don't care, but it's hard to get upset about something that was inevitable. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I'm surprised you made it to the final tbh, an achievement in itself considering how the squad has performed this season.
No matter the Arsene this arsene that the players alone are letting themselves and supporters down not putting in imo.

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

It's a shame that the only time we see good football now is when it's played against us.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search