God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 9:18 AM
Sack wenger eh.

Oh i want  him gone . But  we as fans need to be realistic who the hell we get to replace him  and is willing to work under our inept board . Wenger is their  scape goat . He has been taking the heat for them  for way to long. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Cech wanted his 200th clean sheet so bad he even saved a penalty to get it, and from Deeney to top it all off.

Goal and assist for both Auba and Mkhi. Not a bad day at the office. Now to finish off Milan and have a nice couple weeks off.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 12 Mar 2018 1:58 PM
Cech wanted his 200th clean sheet so bad he even saved a penalty to get it, and from Deeney to top it all off.

Goal and assist for both Auba and Mkhi. Not a bad day at the office. Now to finish off Milan and have a nice couple weeks off.

Cojones eh? 😂
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Danny's constant falling over had to be good for something eventually.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Expected more from Milan tbh, as comfortable as you can hope for in the end. As long as we avoid Atleti in the quarters I am happy.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So Moscow it is. Hate any time we travel to Eastern Europe. First leg will be in between home games against Stoke and Southampton and the away leg before Newcastle away so not a bad time of the season to have Europa League games. All games we should be winning even with some rotation.
Edited
6 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Wilshere has put in 5/10 performances for the last 3 months. Got to the stage where although sad I hope he doesn't sign the contract, for his good and ours. 

That 90k+ bonuses should be used to tie down Ramsey to the longest contract possible.
Edited
6 Years Ago by jlm8695
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Well I keep reading as we do and seeing the new OX now having settled in is an attacking mid that was all locked up.
I admitted saying I wondered why buying him but Klopp had mentioned he had his eye on him sometime ago and look how he's performed the last month or so.
This was quoted in an article read the last week :
One of the biggest indictments of Wenger's management is the progress now being made by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at Liverpool.The 24-year-old epitomised the malaise at Arsenal priorto his £35 million move to Anfield last August, with the midfielder's career having stalled under Wenger's management. Yet after little over six months under Jurgen Klopp, Oxlade-Chamberlain has become a key figure at Liverpool,scoring goals in Champions League quarterfinals and enjoying stand-out performances at the same time.Many of Oxlade-Chamberlain's former teammates at Arsenal also need a new challenge or a different kind of motivation -- Aaron Ramsey, Hector Bellerin, Mesut Ozil and Jack Wilshere to name just four but - they could enjoy the bounce that Oxlade-Chamberlain has had by staying at Arsenal under a new manager.

So, with a heavy heart I agree its long overdue Wenger got to go but I hope he stays to fulfill his last year for we other clubs don't need a re surging Arsenal as a competitor but I'm sure your hoping so so much.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Ox always had spells of a decent couple of months, but he needs to do it for longer than that. I mean his performance against Milan in the CL a few years ago was even better than his game against City last week. 

So I really don't think he's really had a 'bounce', and his season stats compared to last year back that up, they're pretty much exactly the same. 

His big test will be next year when Naby comes in and he has competition for his spot (I don't see him starting).
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Good points jlm, I suppose the bounce meant how hes performed to date since the change for he was not much whenever he came on prior but a glimpse here or there but more so you could tell he wasn't happy jan.
Yes we shall see next season, hey Naby might take ages to settle in who knows but I'm excited we already have this to look forward to and as said much needed competition there.
Still, a change will liven up all your players who do stay on.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Wenger to step down at the end of the season. No matter  what we think of him.  He deserves our respect and our thanks for what he has done for us. Now to win the europa league to send him off 
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 20 Apr 2018 7:50 PM
Wenger to step down at the end of the season. No matter  what we think of him.  He deserves our respect and our thanks for what he has done for us. Now to win the europa league to send him off 

As a Liverpool supporter, welcome to the Manager circus. You'll now go through half a dozen before you know it.

Wenger = top 3 greatest managers in my lifetime.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

u4486662 - 20 Apr 2018 10:44 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 20 Apr 2018 7:50 PM

As a Liverpool supporter, welcome to the Manager circus. You'll now go through half a dozen before you know it.

Wenger = top 3 greatest managers in my lifetime.

Nah i dont think we'll do that. We wouldve had plans in place. We slowly did recruit people to take over his roles he did . Wouldnt be mad if we went for a short  term succesor and have either veira /henry/arteta learn  under them 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Mark my word. We'll end up signing in a shot or at best average manager. 
The best managers in the world most likely wouldn't be interested working for a dick head owner like Stan Kronke.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Yeah I'm sure no quality manager would want to manage a club like Arsenal with absolutely nothing going for it.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 23 Apr 2018 4:18 PM

Yeah I'm sure no quality manager would want to manage a club like Arsenal with absolutely nothing going for it.

Yeh well at least you're positive. Only time will tell. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Kroenke would have to be one of the best owners to work for in how hands off he is in terms of not really interfering with what the manager does. He's even shown he's willing to let the club loosen the purse strings a bit recently too.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

sydneycroatia58 - 23 Apr 2018 8:51 PM
Kroenke would have to be one of the best owners to work for in how hands off he is in terms of not really interfering with what the manager does. He's even shown he's willing to let the club loosen the purse strings a bit recently too.

I hope to be proven wrong but we'll see. I'm confident we'll end up with a flop, yet hopeful we won't. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

40 percent of Arsenal is owned by a Russian mate of Roman Abramovich.  Maybe we'll see how much these owners really give a fuck because to me it's always seemed that they don't & have no ambition.  
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

For a minute there it looked like we might do something different and not fuck it all up, but of course this defence falls apart at the first time of asking and hands the tie to Atletico. Would have been nice to send Arsene off with a European trophy but guess we'll have to settle for 6th. Typical really.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 27 Apr 2018 6:56 AM
For a minute there it looked like we might do something different and not fuck it all up, but of course this defence falls apart at the first time of asking and hands the tie to Atletico. Would have been nice to send Arsene off with a European trophy but guess we'll have to settle for 6th. Typical really.

Shocking defense by Koscielny.  
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

It was shocking by Koscielny, but it just as shocking if not more so from Monreal. No idea what the fuck he was doing.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Even when they had 11 we created 2 of the best opportunities of the match. For once I have complete faith that we'll get a result in Madrid, especially if we can bring Mikki in for Wilsh at some point. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

It does feel weird saying that if Mikki is available he should come in for Wilshere and not Welbeck, who has gone from meme to actual footballer recently and it confuses me.

I will admit I am feeling a lot less negative about the 2nd leg than I was at FT. Just so annoying because we only have ourselves to blame for not taking a lead to Madrid. How you concede from this position is just ridiculous.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Don't think anyone who played today should start or even play a minute against United in a game that has literally nothing riding on it. Use it as a chance to give some young guys a chance and Aubameyang a chance to continue his good form.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Always thought we might go left field with Arsene's appointment and jesus would Buvac be left field.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sydneycroatia58 - 1 May 2018 9:23 PM
Always thought we might go left field with Arsene's appointment and jesus would Buvac be left field.

Any truth  to this rumour or is the Bosnian paper just throwing  it out there 

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So that means we need a whole new CB pairing next season because Mistafi is trash and Kos just cannot be relied upon anymore, not to mention if he's ruptured his achilles he'll be missing a lot of next season anyway.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Not sure I understand the point of Bellerin anymore tbh.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I am completely ok with a new manager coming in and completely clearing out the squad. There's like 6 players I 100% would hate to see the go, the rest I honestly could not care less.

In the end it's Arsene's fault that he's leaving on the back of definitely his worst and most disappointing season at Arsenal. Change has been needed for years and it's not like there wasn't chances to go out on a high the last few years. We are now a Europa League side, that's what we've become. Who knows whether a new manager can come in and change that. That new manager will probably end up being someone like a Buvac or an Arteta/Vieira because what top manager in their right mind would want to manage us in our current state.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search