God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sydneycroatia58 - 26 May 2018 9:51 AM

Would be very happy with this. A gigantic upgrade on our current backup RB options.

Haven't really watched him but at 34 does he have any pace left in him to compete in the premier league?
I know he'd only be cover for Bellerin though. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Lichsteiner and Leno done, RB and GK covered. Now Sokratis to announce and Torreira to get done.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
It wasn't meant to end this way with Jack. 

What could have been. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Amazing the change we've gone through in 12 months. Craziest thing is though apart from a couple players there we're actually better off without most of that XI I think.

All change on the backroom staff front too. Neil Banfield, Tony Colbert, Boro Primorac, Gerry Peyton, Colin Lewin and Jens Lehmann all leaving. Steve Bould will stay on as assistant but will be joined by Juan Carlos Carcedo, Emery's longtime assistant coach. Javi Garcia will come in as GK coach. Pablo Villanueva joins as first team coach and was with Emery at both Sevilla and PSG. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 20 Jun 2018 8:27 PM

Amazing the change we've gone through in 12 months. Craziest thing is though apart from a couple players there we're actually better off without most of that XI I think.

All change on the backroom staff front too. Neil Banfield, Tony Colbert, Boro Primorac, Gerry Peyton, Colin Lewin and Jens Lehmann all leaving. Steve Bould will stay on as assistant but will be joined by Juan Carlos Carcedo, Emery's longtime assistant coach. Javi Garcia will come in as GK coach. Pablo Villanueva joins as first team coach and was with Emery at both Sevilla and PSG. 
 bouldy can finally work on defensive drills without wenger refusing to let him do them for game day
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Sokratis officially done. Now to finish off Torreira when Uruguay are done with the WC and see what else we we can do what what is left of the window.

Also Mesut finally gets the #10
Edited
6 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Lucas Torreira and Matteo Guendouzi having medicals at Colney today.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Leno, Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Torreira and Guendouzi all done and signed before the end of the WC. That's the kind of summer I like to see.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 11 Jul 2018 7:03 AM
Leno, Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Torreira and Guendouzi all done and signed before the end of the WC. That's the kind of summer I like to see.

Agree. Looks like having the new setup has gotten us to see how messed up things were under wenger for so long. Still think  we'll target another young gun though
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Very happy with Torriera. The fun part now is guessing what starting line up Emery will go with. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

So matteo has been alright. And the hyphen has been showing glimpses.  Also unai suggesting  he might add one or two more players before the window shuts in england is a good thing
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
robstazzz - 11 Jul 2018 10:29 AM
Very happy with Torriera. The fun part now is guessing what starting line up Emery will go with. 

I think it will be 

Leno
Bellerin-Sokratis-Mustafi-Kola
Torreira-Xhaka
Ozil-Ramsey-Auba
Laca

Shame for Miki, because I think he's an absolute baller. Maybe Ramsey will be paired with Torreria, but I doubt it. 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
The decline has been sharp.

Who do we think will become manager now?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

at least you got the Gooner thread awake after the mass departures like what has been occuring at the emirates of late.
I knew Emery wasn't a right fit dealing with your style of play but worse the recruitment was typically ordinary.
Not all the blame can lay on him but here's good luck they make a right decision.
Latest I've seen
Mauricio Pochettino is among Arsenal’s preferred candidates, and the likes of Mikel Arteta and Max Allegri have also featured on their extensive list.

Watched this mornings game, woeful 1st half and Hammers had you covered, lucky they woke up in the 2nd.
Too many errors, can't hold onto the ball.
That Xhaka is shocking, even though some of that line up in jlm's post have moved on so should a few more.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 10 Dec 2019 4:48 PM
at least you got the Gooner thread awake after the mass departures like what has been occuring at the emirates of late.
I knew Emery wasn't a right fit dealing with your style of play but worse the recruitment was typically ordinary.
Not all the blame can lay on him but here's good luck they make a right decision.
Latest I've seen
Mauricio Pochettino is among Arsenal’s preferred candidates, and the likes of Mikel Arteta and Max Allegri have also featured on their extensive list.

Watched this mornings game, woeful 1st half and Hammers had you covered, lucky they woke up in the 2nd.
That Xhaka is shocking, even though some of that line up in jlm's post have moved on so should a few more.

Hey xhaka is our version of lucas. He is also playing a role that needs a mobile player next  to him. 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Latest I've seen

My understanding re Poch is if we sign him, he gets significantly less money from his Sp*rs payout (I read 13m+). I'm not sure if this was an Arsenal clause, or a managing in England clause. Either way, it sounds like we would have to invest a significant amount of money to get him interested.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ah, so strike out Poch in that case, unless your board decides to compensate the spurs payout loss, we know that ain't gonna happen.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Dec 2019 6:38 PM

Hey xhaka is our version of lucas. He is also playing a role that needs a mobile player next  to him. 

I can get your train of thought but Lucas was farfar more effective than Xhaka period.

Love Football

pv4
pv4
Legend

Ancelotti sacked by Napoli despite CL qualification. He is another rumoured name. I am under the impression PSG want to bring him back also. It sounds like he had quite a poisonous squad at Napoli and couldn't contain it. Sadly I wonder if he could contain the perceived issues within the Arsenal squad though. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 11 Dec 2019 11:15 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Dec 2019 6:38 PM

I can get your train of thought but Lucas was farfar more effective than Xhaka period.

He was but remember lucas wasnt  popular for a long time with some of your fellow scousers. I still Remember reading some of the pool pages and the amount of hate he copped was immense 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

pv4 - 11 Dec 2019 11:59 AM
Ancelotti sacked by Napoli despite CL qualification. He is another rumoured name. I am under the impression PSG want to bring him back also. It sounds like he had quite a poisonous squad at Napoli and couldn't contain it. Sadly I wonder if he could contain the perceived issues within the Arsenal squad though. 

Part of the fall

A 2-1 defeat away to Roma led president Aurelio De Laurentiis to order the players into a week-long retreat. However, after Ancelotti publicly said he was against the ideas, the players refused.

That decision saw the entire first team fined 25% of their monthly salary but results did not pick up.

As for your mob with him, I think his type of cred is whats needed but your hamstrung some due to past and present player contracts that are not good business incl the stoopiness of losing Ramsey on a free transfer.
Your board is the problem if I recall right.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 11 Dec 2019 12:59 PM
LFC. - 11 Dec 2019 11:15 AM

He was but remember lucas wasnt  popular for a long time with some of your fellow scousers. I still Remember reading some of the pool pages and the amount of hate he copped was immense 

agreed early days, he had to win them over - it was an unusual signing at the time.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 11 Dec 2019 4:14 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 11 Dec 2019 12:59 PM

agreed early days, he had to win them over - it was an unusual signing at the time.

I think people thoughr being  brasillian  lucas had  to be flashy but i digress. Hopefully yesterday's game was the turning point in pepe's arsenal  career.   
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search