God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Gooner4life_8 wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Gooner4life_8 wrote:
...so arsenal are still playing despite the international break, romania on the weekend then luxembourg midweek...

:p

A bit random this is

not really, france could almost fill their entire starting XI with our players :p

Not really:lol: Lets see we've got a whole back four in Sagna, Clichy, Squillaci and Koscielny with traore as back up and then Nasri and Diaby in the the midfield and that's it:lol: We've just got so many French defenders it seems like we have so many French players:lol:
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

----------gilles sunu-----------
traore-coquelin--diaby-???-nasri
clichy-koscielny-squillaci-sagna
-------------almunia------------

if we can get almunia a french passport somehow!? :lol:

we can almost do it 8-[ :lol:
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Oh yeah forgot about Coquelin but that's not a surprise considering he's not at the club this season:lol: And Sunu isn't even in the first team is he, that can't count then:lol:

You know you're stretching it when you've got Traore in the midfield:lol:
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dont know if this has been posted before but its an interesting question -

Sebastien Squillaci became the latest man to captain Arsenal when he led the Gunners out for their London derby at Chelsea on Sunday.

But did the French defender break a Club record in the process?

Squillaci, a summer signing from Sevilla, captained Arsenal in only his sixth appearance for the first team.

We're trawling the record books to find a player who achieved that honour in fewer games for the Club - with the exception of Arsenal's first ever captain.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Yeah posted it on the page before. Was reading somewhere on Twitter that there was a guy who did it after 4 games.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

BOBBY!!!

[youtube]Va0FapiaqPc[/youtube]
mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

It's hard to think of an attacking quartet that could match Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg for movement off the ball that just carved open defences at will.

I'm glad I got to see all of those years of great football when those guys were at the club.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

How that team didn't dominate in Europe is just unbelievable.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Quote:
[size=6]International Watch: Wins for Arshavin, Rosicky and Wilshere[/size]

Eleven members of the Arsenal first team have been called up by their countries for the upcoming international fixtures and Arsenal.com will bring you a digest of all the games featuring the Gunners.

Tomas Rosicky
Czech Republic 1-0 Scotland, October 8
Liechtenstein v Czech Republic, October 12

Tomas Rosicky played the full 90 minutes as Czech Republic beat Scotland 1-0 on Friday night. Roman Hubnik scored the only goal of the game after 69 minutes to give Rosicky’s side the win. They now travel to face Liechtenstein in Vaduz on Tuesday.
Player Profile - Andrey ArshavinRussia

Andrey Arshavin
Ireland 2-3 Russia, October 8
Macedonia v Russia, Octber 12

Andrey Arshavin played the full 90 minutes and helped Russia to a 3-2 win over Ireland in Dublin on Friday. Arshavin’s side were two goals to the good at the break thanks to strikes from Alexander Kerzhakov and Alan Dzagoev and went further ahead when Roman Shirokov scored five minutes into the second half. Robbie Keane and Shane Long pulled two goals back to make it a nervy end to the night – but Russia held on for a good away win. They welcome Macedonia to Skopje on Tuesday.

Jack Wilshere
England Under-21s 2-1 Romania Under-21s, October 8
England v Montenegro, October 12

Jack Wilshere played 90 minutes before being substituted in stoppage time as England Under-21s beat Romania 2-1 on Friday night. In front of a packed house at Carrow Road, Wilshere set up the winner seven minutes from time when he flicked the ball to Chris Smalling to find the roof of the net from a yard. "We did well and it’s important we got the win. It’s going to be tough over there [in Romania] so it’s good to get a good win tonight," Wilshere told Arsenal.com. "I’m joining up with the senior team now so I wish all the boys here the best and hope they do the job." The 18-year-old now joins up with the Fabio Capello's squad for a game against Montenegro.
Player Profile - Henri LansburyEngland

Henri Lansbury
England Under-21s 2-1 Romania Under-21s, October 8
Romania Under-21s v England Under-21s, October 12

Henri Lansbury was an unused substitute as England Under-21s beat Romania 2-1. "I was disappointed not to get on but the boys put in a good performance," said Lansbury after the game at Carrow Road. "Hopefully I can get on on Tuesday, that's my aim to get on the pitch and make up for today. Jack [Wilshere] did well, he got on the ball and starting making things happen like he does in training." He will now travel Botosani for the return leg on Tuesday night.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/34863/international-watch-

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

"Arshavin, stop hiding behind the ball!"

pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Three second-half goals saw Arsenal Under-18s complete a comfortable win at Chelsea on Saturday.

After a scoreless opening period, the visitors took control after the restart. First Kyle Ebecilio drove home from close range then, soon afterwards, Alton Bunjaku scored a simple second following a mistake from the Chelsea keeper.

The home side chased some consolation but never found it. They were caught on the break in the final seconds when substitute Josh Rees scored.

This pleasing result continues the revival for Steve Bould’s boys. They are starting to resemble the title-winners of last season.

Arsenal

Damian Martinez

Ben Glasgow

James Campbell

Jamie Edge

Martin Angha (c)

Elton Monteiro

Jeffery Monakana

Kyle Ebecilio

Philip Roberts

Alban Bunjaku

Nigel Neita
* Substitutes

Jordan Wynter

Josh Rees

Callum Webb

Samir Bihmoutine

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Another injury.

Surprise surprise.

Bacary Sagna is apparently out for something like 3 weeks with a thigh problem. Luckily we have Eboue as back up which means he will be filling in at RB for the next few games and thankfully he will be playing in the only position he should play for us.
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
"Arshavin, stop hiding behind the ball!"

looks more like arshavin is hiding behind cesc, giving it to him up the arse...
#4_Fabregas
#4_Fabregas
Amateur
Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)Amateur (600 reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Another injury.

Surprise surprise.

Bacary Sagna is apparently out for something like 3 weeks with a thigh problem. Luckily we have Eboue as back up which means he will be filling in at RB for the next few games and thankfully he will be playing in the only position he should play for us.

Just read those exact words in Arseblog. Had some serious deja vu happening there!

Edited by #4_fabregas: 11/10/2010 08:54:55 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

#4_Fabregas wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Another injury.

Surprise surprise.

Just read those exact words in Arseblog. Had some serious deja vu happening there!

Edited by #4_fabregas: 11/10/2010 08:54:55 PM

Yeah should have paid credit to him:lol: Have to agree, even though I understand why Wenger plays him in midfield i don't necassarily agree with him:lol:
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class

Jack Wilshere believes Arsenal are still firmly in the hunt for the Premier League title.

The Gunners are seven points behind League leaders Chelsea after losing 2-0 at Stamford Bridge before the international break. But Wilshere insists that the champions will slip up during the long season ahead – and he is confident Arsenal can take advantage when they do.

“It’s still early days, we’re definitely still in it,” Wilshere told Arsenal.com.

“I know we are seven points behind, but I think Chelsea will definitely drop points and we’ve just got to capitalise when they do.

“Hopefully there aren’t too many injuries [ahead for us] but if there are we’ve got a big squad and we can cope.”

Arsène Wenger’s side enjoyed long periods of possession throughout the match and Wilshere disagrees with suggestions that Arsenal only have one way to play against physical sides like Chelsea.

“I don’t think that’s true [that Arsenal can’t beat Chelsea]. You saw we dominated the game for long periods but we just didn’t take our chances. A couple of games before that we scored six, so it was just one of those days. “In football it’s what you do on the ball, but also make sure that when you haven’t got the ball that you defend well. Obviously Chelsea have got some good players and they showed that on the day.”
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I don't doubt that we are still in it, remember last season we were more then 7 points behind twice and clawed our way back. If we can play like we did against Chelsea week in week out I have no doubt we'll be right in the mix.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Quote:
[size=6]Miquel - I am growing into a leader[/size]

By Giuseppe Muro

While Cesc Fabregas is recovering from a hamstring injury, another Spanish captain within the Club is continuing to establish himself - not only as a high-quality defender but also as a leader.

Ignasi Miquel has come a long way since moving from Spain when he was just 16 years old. As a sign of how highly regarded he is within the Club, this season he has been appointed skipper of Neil Banfield’s Reserves.

England now feels like home to Miquel and he admits he is growing in stature day by day.

“I remember when I came here I couldn’t talk and I was lost. But now I’m trying to talk and tell people what to do. I’m trying to help them when they are playing,” he told Arsenal.com.

“I’ve adapted now to [life in] England. It was quite hard but now I feel comfortable and I feel like it’s my home now. I’m happy to be here and now I just want to keep working hard and maybe one day get the chance to show that I am good enough to play for the Arsenal first team.”

Miquel, who turned 18 at the end of September, likens himself to a compatriot who was on top of the world during the summer.

“I play like Gerard Pique from Barcelona,” he said. “The same happened to him, when he was young he came here. We are both quite tall and we both like playing the ball out from the back.

“I like to play the ball and go in strong for challenges. I just want to win. I think I’m a winner, I always give 100 per cent for every game.”

The honour of being given the armband isn’t one that rests lightly with Miquel and he knows the responsibilities that come with the job.

“I’m so happy that Neil gave me the chance to have the armband and I’m not going to disappoint him. I’m going to keep working and show that I can [make it].

“I know that I have to work 100 per cent every day and give everything when I play. I just want to get into the first team. I’ve had the chance to train with the first team to show the boss I can be there and if he gives the me the chance I’m going to show what I can do.”
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/miquel-i-am-growing-into-a-leader

Was impressed by this guy in pre-season. Looks to be a good prospect.
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend

Quote:
By Chris Harris

Aaron Ramsey has a smile on his face again, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Wales midfielder suffered a double fracture to his right leg at Stoke in February and has spent the past eight months on a gruelling rehabilitation programme. But finally there is light at the end of the tunnel - Ramsey is outdoors working with a ball and was recently earmarked for a late November return by his manager.

Wenger has supported the 19-year-old throughout his recovery and admits that Ramsey has had to overcome mental as well as physical obstacles. But the Frenchman is delighted to report that the highly-rated midfielder has a spring in his step once more.

"He is back running and he is back kicking the ball," Wenger told Arsenal.com.

"You would be amazed if you saw him in training, he has suddenly in the last month made a huge step forward. If I consider now when I look at him, you see his smile again.

"He has changed since six months ago because he has the feeling that the worst is behind him and everyday he is getting closer to what he wants to be, and that means being a football player."

Having dealt with the shock of such a traumatic injury and handled the physical strains and stresses of recovering his fitness, Ramsey now faces a different frustration – he must be patient as his manager eases him back into the first-team picture. Wenger insists that is perfectly natural.

"He comes from so far that certainly he had deeper doubts in his mind," he said. "Now he knows that again he will be a football player he wants to hurry up and make it happen as quickly as possible.

"But just for him to have the ball again and to be outside training is a fantastic sensation."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-ramsey-has-a-smile-back-on-his-face-

good news :)
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Gooner4life_8 wrote:
Quote:
By Chris Harris

Aaron Ramsey has a smile on his face again, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Wales midfielder suffered a double fracture to his right leg at Stoke in February and has spent the past eight months on a gruelling rehabilitation programme. But finally there is light at the end of the tunnel - Ramsey is outdoors working with a ball and was recently earmarked for a late November return by his manager.

Wenger has supported the 19-year-old throughout his recovery and admits that Ramsey has had to overcome mental as well as physical obstacles. But the Frenchman is delighted to report that the highly-rated midfielder has a spring in his step once more.

"He is back running and he is back kicking the ball," Wenger told Arsenal.com.

"You would be amazed if you saw him in training, he has suddenly in the last month made a huge step forward. If I consider now when I look at him, you see his smile again.

"He has changed since six months ago because he has the feeling that the worst is behind him and everyday he is getting closer to what he wants to be, and that means being a football player."

Having dealt with the shock of such a traumatic injury and handled the physical strains and stresses of recovering his fitness, Ramsey now faces a different frustration – he must be patient as his manager eases him back into the first-team picture. Wenger insists that is perfectly natural.

"He comes from so far that certainly he had deeper doubts in his mind," he said. "Now he knows that again he will be a football player he wants to hurry up and make it happen as quickly as possible.

"But just for him to have the ball again and to be outside training is a fantastic sensation."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-ramsey-has-a-smile-back-on-his-face-

good news :)

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Great to see Aaron back. Hopefully he gets back on track and to where he was before the injury. I dream of the day we have Wilshere and Ramsey in the midfield at their peak.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Quote:
[size=6]Arsenal Ladies Champions League: Arsenal 9-0 ZFK Masinac[/size]

By Giuseppe Muro

Arsenal Ladies are through to the last 16 of the Women's Champions League after completing a 12-1 aggregate victory over ZFK Masinac with a comprehensive 9-0 victory at Boreham Wood on Thursday afternoon.

An enthusiastic crowd of just over 300 was treated to a goal fest as a brace from Kim Little and goals from Rachel Yankey, Ellen White, Gemma Davison, Jordan Nobbs, Jayne Ludlow and an own goal gave the Gunners a comfortable win.

In all honesty it was too easy for Laura Harvey’s side as they showed their superior technical quality and physical strength to dominate the Serbian champions.

Harvey gave home debuts to summer signings Steph Houghton and Ellen White as Arsenal set up with White as a lone striker though Yankey and Davison were willing supporters from both flanks.

The Serbian side started nervously and the floodgates opened after 18 minutes when Yankey opened the scoring. The England international had already been denied twice in the opening quarter of an hour before she eventually got her reward. White beat Hristina Sampanidis on the right and when her low cross was missed by goalkeeper Allysa Clark, Yankey had the simplest of tap-ins to put the Gunners in front.

The lead was doubled after 22 minutes as Little and White combined brilliantly. White picked up the ball inside the area and played a neat one-two with Little before placing her shot into the far corner. The floodgates began to open.

Four minutes later Arsenal, or should I say Little, scored a third. The Scot received the ball in the middle of the Masinac half and with very little on decided she would go it alone. She dribbled her way past three defenders before calmly slotting a left-footed shot under Clark to increase the lead further.

Three minutes before half time Little got her second and Arsenal’s fourth. Davison got the byline before pulling the ball back to on the waiting Little 12 yards out. She had time to steady herself before drilling a shot into the net. If they weren’t already in control then the Gunners certainly were now.

Harvey’s side were dominating possession and controlling the pace of the game while the Serbian side offered next to nothing as an attacking threat with Marija Radoyicic a lonely figure in the Arsenal half.

The rain started pouring down as the second period got underway though it would take more than that to stop the Gunners' onslaught.

After 52 minutes Davison made it five with a spectacular curling effort. Little worked a short corner well and Davison's finish would rival her team-mate's individual goal from the first half. Davison let the ball run through her legs to beat a defender before finding the top corner with a wonderful 20-yard strike.

Three minutes it was six. Yankey crossed from the left and after some suspect attempted clearances, half-time substitute Nobbs was on hand to fire home.

Nobbs somehow managed to head over from a yard before the already tired Serbians were reduced to ten players when Ivana Kostic was shown a second yellow card with 19 minutes still to play.

With 11 minutes left Little had the chance to grab her hat-trick when she went one on one with Clark inside the area. Unselfishly she opted to square the ball for Davison and when Masinac defender Hristina Sampanidis slid in to cut the ball out she diverted it into the net to make it seven.

Substitute Danielle Carter made it eight when she finished well from Davison’s cross with five minutes remaining.

Ludlow added a ninth in injury time and, thankfully for the Serbians, Russian referee Marina Mamayeva called time on the game

Spanish side Rayo Vallecano await Harvey’s side in the next round in what promises to be a much tougher test for the Gunners.
http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/172203/ladies/arsenal-ladies-v-zfk-masinac?tab=report

These girls are just unbelievable. About 5 heads and shoulders above any other English ladies team:lol:

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 15/10/2010 02:35:21 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Quote:
[size=6]Bendtner and Gibbs back for Birmingham[/size]

The real Nicklas Bendtner is back, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Danish striker is not only fit for the first time this season and set to be named in the squad for Birmingham on Saturday but his manager believes he is back to his best shape since last November.

Kieran Gibbs is also fit after a calf injury while Theo Walcott (ankle) could be involved if he comes through Friday’s training session.

Cesc Fabregas (hamstring) and Manuel Almunia (elbow) are nearing returns while Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles) and Bacary Sagna (thigh) are estimated as “ten days” away.

Robin van Persie (ankle) and Aaron Ramsey (leg) will not figure until next month. However, overall, Wenger’s mood was upbeat when he updated Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon.

“We have some good news because for a while we've had only bad news,” he said. “Nicklas Bendtner is back in the squad and Kieran Gibbs is back too.

“Let’s not forget that since last November Nicklas has produced here and there but never had a consistent presence because of his injuries.

“Apart from the fact he went to the World Cup we have not seen the real Nicklas Bendtner for a long, long time. He is the closest he has been to his best for a while. He was really, really handicapped by groin problems but they have gone now.

“Theo might be involved on Saturday as well. He has normal training tomorrow. I might put him in the squad. I will see how he is but he looks very, very sharp. The only uncertainty is his ankle but he might be involved.

“Cesc is very, very short and unlikely to be involved [on Saturday]. He has a little chance for Tuesday.

“Sagna is ten days, Vermaelen is ten days, Almunia is a question of days but Van Persie looks to be a bit longer.”
http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/172203/ladies/arsenal-ladies-v-zfk-masinac?tab=report

Good to see Bendtner back, will be on the bench, might see some game time if we are really pushing for a goal. I'd start Gibbs, but don't think that will happen. Good too see Walcott might be in the squad as well, a much needed spark if we need him.

Also great to see that Vermaelen and Van Persie aren't to far away. Cesc should be set for Man City, I wouldn't risk him mid week.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Also some interesting news. Several sources in Belgium are reporting that we have a agreed a deal with Anderlecht to sign wonderkid Romelu Lukaku. I know it's a stretch but is excellent if it's true. Won't believe it until I see it on the Arsenal site though.

Also Artur Boruc has come out and said if he doesn't play at Firoentina, he will leave in January or next summer. IMO Wenger should get right on this.

Quote:
[size=6]Artur Boruc: I Will Leave Fiorentina If I Don't Play
[/size]
Fiorentina goalkeeper Artur Boruc has once again expressed his discontent at being relegated to the substitutes' bench.

The 30-year-old joined the club from Scottish outfit Celtic this past summer, but has been playing second fiddle to established shot stopper Sebastien Frey under Viola coach Sinisa Mihajlovic.

"I'm not used to staying on the bench. So I feel bad," he reportedly explained to a Polish newspaper, according to tuttomercatoweb.

"I hope to find space as soon as possible. If I don't play I will walk away, I don't know if in January or June."
http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201010/91858.php

Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Also some interesting news. Several sources in Belgium are reporting that we have a agreed a deal with Anderlecht to sign wonderkid Romelu Lukaku. I know it's a stretch but is excellent if it's true. Won't believe it until I see it on the Arsenal site though.

Quote:
Agent - Gunners keen on Lukaku
Romelu Lukaku's agent has confirmed Arsenal's interest in him, but has denied that Arsene Wenger had lodged a bid for the Belgian starlet.

The Anderlecht striker is one of the most sought after young players in world football and has been constantly linked with a host of clubs.

Chelsea are widely reported to be leading the chase for the 17-year-old, who is already a full international.

But now Arsenal boss Wenger is said to be very keen on Lukaku and his brother Jordan, who plays in the Anderlecht youth set-up.

One of Lukaku's representatives, Christophe Henrotay, has confirmed the interest from Arsenal.

"An offer from Arsenal? I have read this news but there is no sign of any formal offers," he told Calciomercato.

"The interest of the English club is real and we have good relations with them, but there is nothing concrete."

Lukaku and his father, Roger, a former professional, have stated that he would not be moving until next summer at the earliest, when he will have finished his studies.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6428037,00.html

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I do like that there does seem to be at least some interest. We do have history in Belgium, one of our club connections is with Beveren and it's where we got Eboue from.
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Lukaku would be an awesome signing.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

It seems Koscielny is also out this week with a back injury. So that means we'll see Djourou and Squillaci at the back with probably Nordveit coming onto the bench.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Also Artur Boruc has come out and said if he doesn't play at Firoentina, he will leave in January or next summer. IMO Wenger should get right on this.

Quote:
[size=6]Artur Boruc: I Will Leave Fiorentina If I Don't Play
[/size]
Fiorentina goalkeeper Artur Boruc has once again expressed his discontent at being relegated to the substitutes' bench.

The 30-year-old joined the club from Scottish outfit Celtic this past summer, but has been playing second fiddle to established shot stopper Sebastien Frey under Viola coach Sinisa Mihajlovic.

"I'm not used to staying on the bench. So I feel bad," he reportedly explained to a Polish newspaper, according to tuttomercatoweb.

"I hope to find space as soon as possible. If I don't play I will walk away, I don't know if in January or June."
http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201010/91858.php

Would be so happy for Artur if this what happened. It's what he deserves. He'd be great for you guys, and you'd be great for him.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I still don't understand why he went to Fiorentina. With Frey there he knew he was't always going to be first choice.

It would be brilliant to get him in January, not just for us but he would be guarenteed #1 straight away basically.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search