Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I stopped playing FIFA11 for that? I thrashed Utrecht 6-0 in Legendary mode, I mean c'mon!

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Carra at LB tonight apparently, with Soto and Skrtel in the middle.

Cole-Poulsen-Gerrard-Meireles

Kuyt

Torres

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Well, I've officially given up on anything good happening this season.
Dugongs
Dugongs
Rising Star
Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)

Holloway made a great point post match claiming that the burden of expectation is probably affecting the side. Hodgson's body language on the bench looks very nervous; he dosen't look comfortable at all. It's seriously becoming painful to watch these matches. If our poor form continues I wouldn't be too surprised to see Torres and Reina leave in the January transfer window.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Dugongs wrote:
=I wouldn't be too surprised to see Torres and Reina leave in the January transfer window.

Reina's always welcome at the Emirates:lol:
Dugongs
Dugongs
Rising Star
Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)Rising Star (826 reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Dugongs wrote:
=I wouldn't be too surprised to see Torres and Reina leave in the January transfer window.

[-( Stay away you vultures!
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Dugongs wrote:

well, he's already shown his credentials to be a good player for arsenal this season :-"

Edited by gooner4life_8: 4/10/2010 07:40:20 PM
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Reina is one I'm not worried about.

I'm worried about Dagger, Johnson and Torres the most.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rafael-benitez-liverpool-is-my-home-and-i-will-come-back-14965846.html

Brilliant article.
Mulhollanddrive
Mulhollanddrive
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Owners will cash in anyone that wants to leave. They've made a profit in the last 3 transfer windows, and they need money now more than ever.
Dugongs
Dugongs
Rising Star

From Yahoo Sports:
Quote:
Roy's nightmare not over yet
Published by Early Doors Mon Oct 04 08:49AM

Early Doors, like almost everyone else, likes Roy Hodgson. How could you not?

His calm, avuncular demeanour is a soothing presence in a Premier League managers' union populated by tantrum-throwing, gum-chewing Scots, paranoid Gallic conspiracy theorists and crafty schemers with delusions of grandeur.

So hopes were high that Uncle Woy would bring a degree of order and sanity with him from west London to Anfield when he made the move north this summer.

However, with Liverpool's 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Blackpool - whose earlier trips to Arsenal and Chelsea saw them ship 10 goals without reply - even Hodgson's sturdy psychological defences, built up over 35 years of management amassing a CV broader than Stephen Fry's, have taken a hefty knock.

After his gamble in playing Fernando Torres backfired after just 10 minutes, the rest of his 'players' contriving to put in an insipid 'performance' and his home fans so utterly resigned to their club's demise that many applauded their tangerine vanquishers off the pitch, Hodgson looked and sounded like a broken man.

"Their great result is our nightmare result," he said. "It is a very bad day and there is nothing I can say.

"At the moment things look bleak and really bad and it is difficult for me to put a bright face upon it. There are 31 games left but when you are in the relegation zone you are in a relegation battle."

Indeed they are in the relegation zone, going into the international break in the bottom three for the first time in 46 years. The last time they won just one of their opening seven league matches, in 1953, they went down.

It was all very well falling back on the fact that at least they got meetings with Arsenal and Manchester United out of the way early, but that means little if you lose to Blackpool and Northampton in your own back yard.

And, with an international break fraught with injury peril for his players to negotiate before they travel to Goodison Park - two days after the debt payment deadline that could well see the club taken over by RBS, no less - Roy may not be waking up from his nightmare for a while yet.

Hodgson's success at Fulham which landed him the Liverpool job was built upon drilling a strong, committed nucleus of players into a system that made them hard to beat, but that takes time to set in. Just look at how the Cottagers clicked into gear at the end of Hodgson's first season there, when they avoided relegation on the final day.

This season has long since been written off as a restructuring exercise, theoretically giving Hodgson the time and space he needs to build a new era at the club freed from the restraints of over-ambition that will remain unfulfilled under the ownership of Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

ED fears, however, that he won't be given that time. Whoever eventually takes over at the club may want to bring in their own man, and the less they know about the game, the more precarious Hodgson's position. They way things are going at the moment, RBS may even exchange him for shamed former chief executive Fred 'the Shred' Goodwin.

Liverpool fans should keep their fingers crossed that Liverpool's eventual new owners will rightly see Hodgson as a key component in the club's revival, rather than a reason for its demise.

He makes a good point, I believe like many others that Roy Hodgson was brought in to simply steady the reigns at Anfield, bring some composure to the club. Clearly this hasn't worked, but I think it's too early to be dismissing Roy just yet.

Edited by Dugongs: 5/10/2010 04:27:38 PM
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

GET ON IT HODGSON!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=830147&sec=transfers&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=3436
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Taht's been mentioned for ages, david. Atletico are setting the price too high for a player so late in his career. It's not worth the money.

Looks like Liverpool don't need to off-load their players any more.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

http://twitter.com/danroan?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mpulsefootball

probably the quickest way to keep up to date with the court case today... late morning around 11 oclock it should start in about 2 hours then
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend

'

i'm sure you'd be creaming your pants at the sight of that strike force david...

forlan and torres :p am i right in saying it only lacks suarez? :p
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Gooner4life_8 wrote:
'

i'm sure you'd be creaming your pants at the sight of that strike force david...

forlan and torres :p am i right in saying it only lacks suarez? :p

My two idols playing in the same team, it would be amazing.

But nah we don't need Suarez. We already have a good enough goalkeeper in Pepe. :P
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Forlan would be good, but a striker of his quality shouldn't be in a relegation battle :p
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Guardian have a good live update of the case too.

Let justice prevail.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=205060&page=28

Good place to follow, lots of LFC fans congregating, wont miss any info.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

DanRoan: Case begins in packed Court 16- Philip Snowdon QC for RBS -H&G in "breach of contract" guilty of "breath-taking arrogance"
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

thanks for the guardian tip imno... really good stuff
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

"RBS appeal to judge to 'restore a clearly constituted and functioning board' today. 'It cannot wait and it would be wrong for Mr Hicks and Gillett to profit from their tactics.'," reports Sachin Nakrani.

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Doctor wrote:

No worries.

I've been trolling the LFC boards and all the related articles all week so if you have any questions about it, I may well have an answer for you.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

10.10am: Boston Red Sox owner John W Henry, who isn't directly involved in this court case, but whose move for the club is dependent upon the result, has also been on Twitter:

"Hello LFC supporters!"

"It would be inappropriate and presumptuous at this time to respond to questions. In the interim, we're all rooting for the same thing."

Although, as Owen Gibson replies:

@John_W_Henry takes to Twitter - "we're all rooting for the same thing", he says. Unless your name is T Hicks that is. #LFC
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

11.38am: Hicks and Gillett representative admits to breach of contract but feels there is no urge for board to be reconstituted before Friday.
RBS dismisses this as 'absurd' given the company needs to repay £200m to the bank by Friday.

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

I've been trolling the LFC boards and all the related articles all week so if you have any questions about it, I may well have an answer for you.

who hasn't :lol:
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

It is absurd. They are admitting they broke the contract but saying to ignore the deadline. Idiotic.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

11.38am: Hicks and Gillett representative admits to breach of contract but feels there is no urge for board to be reconstituted before Friday.

RBS dismisses this as 'absurd' given the company needs to repay £200m to the bank by Friday.

THIS IS JUST ABSURD... DOES HICKS WANT TO SEND THE CLUB INTO ADMINISTRATION
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

i don't get it... like there looking to get a profit from it... but fuck they won't get ANYTHING back if the banks take control
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Doctor wrote:

THIS IS JUST ABSURD... DOES HICKS WANT TO SEND THE CLUB INTO ADMINISTRATION

He is trying to buy enough time for us to go into admin, forcing NESV to walk, and therfore giving Lim the chance to pay off the debt and own us. Lim and him and close.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search