Nico's & Funky's Music Thread

Nico's & Funky's Music Thread

Author
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
My stuff isnt really mainstream, it was mainstream mid 90's but now people say, biggie who? and whats a tupac?
itsfootballdammit
itsfootballdammit
Rising Star
Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mk0825 wrote:
My stuff isnt really mainstream, it was mainstream mid 90's but now people say, biggie who? and whats a tupac?

Biggie and Tupac face off in "Robot Chicken" Funniest show on adult swim...... and completely off topic:roll:
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

martyB wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your the type of kid who sneaks into the bathroom while his sister showers so he can see tits...
That was too poignant of a concept for you to drum up. Methinks its a comment from experience rather than imagination.

Your single...I aint... food for thought there Marty.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

You sneak in while your GF/BF is in the shower so you can see her tits/d*ck?

Are you "talented" guest?

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
No More Sorrow - Linkin Park

Fucking SELLOUTS!! shit album. almost as bad as that shit they did with Jay-Z.

WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you kidding me. Their new album is bloody awesome. They may be more politically inclined, but the songs are tooo good. Their concert was just fantastic and the beginning to No More Sorrow is out of this world. The whole song is about how Bush messed up and what he has done. Its a brilliant album and quite frankly, I have no idea what you call music then.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Guest wrote:
martyB wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your the type of kid who sneaks into the bathroom while his sister showers so he can see tits...
That was too poignant of a concept for you to drum up. Methinks its a comment from experience rather than imagination.

And I still get more action than you :lol:
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

martyB wrote:
Guest wrote:
martyB wrote:
Guest wrote:

And I still get more action than you :lol:

:lol: You wish you did... :p... bloody cocky uni kids :p
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

you kidding me. Their new album is bloody awesome. They may be more politically inclined, but the songs are tooo good. Their concert was just fantastic and the beginning to No More Sorrow is out of this world. The whole song is about how Bush messed up and what he has done. Its a brilliant album and quite frankly, I have no idea what you call music then.

No, in fact you are wrong. Park suck balls, have since Meteroa which was okay, but nothing on Hybrid Theory. O and i think maybe you need to look up the definition of "sellouts"...

Im really liking What If by Cog, top song.

mitch_pompey
mitch_pompey
Hacker
Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)

mk0825 wrote:

haha nearly everyone knows who biggie and tupac are
it is still mainstream, as people like you are just getting into it now
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Im not getting into it now you idiot. It was mainstream in the 90's but not anymore. Mainstream is people like 50 cent and soulja boy who are shit.
mitch_pompey
mitch_pompey
Hacker
Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)

all im saying is will people look back in 10 years time and have the same view on 50 cent as we do on tupac and biggie now. i know hes not in the same league as them, but yeah
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Nico wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

No, in fact you are wrong. Park suck balls, have since Meteroa which was okay, but nothing on Hybrid Theory. O and i think maybe you need to look up the definition of "sellouts"...

Im really liking What If by Cog, top song.

well beg to differ. Linkin park are awesome and have produced some of the best albums. especialy when you see what making the charts, these guys are too friking good.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

IMO linkin park is whiny-gay. Thats just my opinion, if you enjoy it good on ya, each to their own.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

In what sense? Their instrumentally average, lyrically poor, target mainstream crap for young teens to buy their records. If you like their music thats fine, im basically saying their sellouts...

I disagree that 50 will be viewed as Tupac in 10 years. Do we see the rap bands of the 90's (including Pac and BIG) as the Africa Bambatas and Public Enemys of the 80's? Its like saying Van Halen was what is looked at as the earlier Metallica because thats where rock was at each point. All are in actual fact very very different.
Nico
Nico
World Class

mk0825 wrote:
IMO linkin park is whiny-gay. Thats just my opinion, if you enjoy it good on ya, each to their own.

and imo you listen to your fair share of shit too...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Like what, in my top rated its pretty much biggie, tupac, ice cube, dr dre, snoop dogg, led zeppelin, rhcp,
Nico
Nico
World Class

If thats true i suggest you listen to more music a little more... your missing out on lots if you like those. Snoop is a sellout and like Linkin Park has been producing shit for ages now. Dre produces a lot of 50s stuff, so he is all for him. All the stuff you mention hasn't had anything good for a long time (imo)... besides zepplin they are all 90's bands...
mitch_pompey
mitch_pompey
Hacker

dre was supposed to release an album last year. and the year before.
will it drop this year ? probably not
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

I dont listen to any modern day music really, dre i listen to chronic 2001 which was released in 98 so...
Same with snoop dogg, i only listen to older stuff, not new stuff like sensual seduction. i preview the new sh*t on you tube before i dl it but none of it really takes my fancy. I did listen to newer artists, like akon, young buck, foo fighters, etc. but now i guess im back to my 90's gangsta sh*t. I just like the older beats better than todays pre-teen toned down hip/hop.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

50 wishes he will be said in the same sentence as Pac and Biggie. Start rapping about something different other than rims, guns and hoes and maybe you may get some respect.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

...or he could die. Anyone for death?
Nico
Nico
World Class

mk0825 wrote:
...or he could die. Anyone for death?

Many men?
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

The song, thats one of the few i will listen to along with "Poppin them Thangs."
Nico
Nico
World Class

Im interested in what you think of Eminem mk?
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

I think eminem is skilled but most of the time he doesnt know how to use it. I hate most songs but i will listen to Mockingbird, When Im Gone and No Apologies. There's also a few cameos in some songs that he doesnt wreck.

Others I like; Nate Dogg, Xzibit, Obie Trice.
Nico
Nico
World Class

All ok. Really like Papparazi by Xzibit... Im finding a pattern of a lot of bands where i seem to like their first few albums then think they are shit - none better in the case of Eminem. Marshall Mathers LP is total brilliance imo, Show had a few okay songs, and then Encore came out with complete bullshit to sell some records...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Listen to these nico, youtube them then rate them; niggas - biggie, hypnotize - biggie, troublesome '96 - tupac

ill get them up for you
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

[youtube]8l9AREFjBrY[/youtube] niggas
[youtube]7UFb0ywqlDs[/youtube] hypnotize
[youtube]RdX79pwyBII[/youtube] troublesome 96
Nico
Nico
World Class

Dude who hasnt heard hypnotize? thats like telling a metal head to listen to Fade to Black - Metallica...

Hypnotize is a great rap song, one of my favourite rap songs considering its lack of meaning, etc. I have troublesome '96 on about 3-4 albums of Tupac that i have bought over the years (which really pisses me off bout the money making greed of the people who are in control of music) and its pretty solid. Just listened to Niggas and while its good, it lacks a lot, though a very typical rap song of the 90's.

Listen to Dance with the Devil - Immortal Technique... its truly more hardcore than any other rap song I've ever heard. At least the meaning and lyrical value you get. Its slightly different from his other stuff so dont be too turned off from him if you dislike that particular song.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Brendas got a baby- tupac, you want a meaningful song...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search