Nico's & Funky's Music Thread

Nico's & Funky's Music Thread

Author
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I dont use my music to learn the meaning of life btw. I listen to mine before a match to get me pumped and focused. thats probly why i like songs like "niggas".

Check yourself, nigga trap, click clack get back, all by ice cube.

you might like johnny was by bob marley.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

[youtube]OdtrK0Ru1rY[/youtube]

[youtube]1FZssvpLf0I[/youtube] this is biggie feat bob marley, one of my faves.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fuck that... Cause of Death - Immortal Technique shits on all other rap in any sense tbh... Its like PE yet way more to the point and a heavier approach.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

I dont really like latin rappers. I prefer when songs change pace too, immortal teqhnique seems to just be one pace throughout the whole song.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
I dont really like latin rappers. I prefer when songs change pace too, immortal teqhnique seems to just be one pace throughout the whole song.

Thats what i meant about that particular song... Harlem Streets, The Point Of No Return and The Cause Of Death are all good examples of pace change, etc. I don't only like bands for their meaning, hence my liking of bands like Parkway Drive, Caliban and Carpathian... I just find it very important in rap, because its about the vocal abilities, which includes lyrical content and meaning.
Winger
Winger
Super Fan
Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)

Top 3 in no particular order:
1.The Pretender- Foo Fighters

2.Thunderstruck- ACDC

3.Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast- Airbourne
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
No More Sorrow - Linkin Park

Fucking SELLOUTS!! shit album. almost as bad as that shit they did with Jay-Z.

WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you kidding me. Their new album is bloody awesome. They may be more politically inclined, but the songs are tooo good. Their concert was just fantastic and the beginning to No More Sorrow is out of this world. The whole song is about how Bush messed up and what he has done. Its a brilliant album and quite frankly, I have no idea what you call music then.

Their new album is soft. It's a sellout shell of what they used to be. Back when they started out they weren't 'politically driven' like this. And back then there was the first Gulf War and Bosnia to talk about. Their albums now are soft sellouts designed to appeal to the masses and appease the record company executives. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate their latest offering, but in comparison to their old stuff...well, I wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire.
If you want poignant protest bands, you can't go past Rage Against The Machine or System Of A Down.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
No More Sorrow - Linkin Park

Fucking SELLOUTS!! shit album. almost as bad as that shit they did with Jay-Z.

WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you kidding me. Their new album is bloody awesome. They may be more politically inclined, but the songs are tooo good. Their concert was just fantastic and the beginning to No More Sorrow is out of this world. The whole song is about how Bush messed up and what he has done. Its a brilliant album and quite frankly, I have no idea what you call music then.

Their new album is soft. It's a sellout shell of what they used to be. Back when they started out they weren't 'politically driven' like this. And back then there was the first Gulf War and Bosnia to talk about. Their albums now are soft sellouts designed to appeal to the masses and appease the record company executives. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate their latest offering, but in comparison to their old stuff...well, I wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire.
If you want poignant protest bands, you can't go past Rage Against The Machine or System Of A Down.

no doubt there stuff is not usually the same as before. but it still is classic music. i know its more politically driven, but its selling and its making a statement, which really many people in powere refuse to do. plus its definitely better than some other crap like soulja boy or some other rnb nonsense. most of those songs are about sex, drugs, drive bys and drinking. they dont have a moral to them whereas linkin park do. there instrumentals are awesome and the lyrics are heavy and strong allowing for that added impact to hit home.
itsfootballdammit
itsfootballdammit
Rising Star
Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)Rising Star (880 reputation)

Priestess - Lay Down
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
no doubt there stuff is not usually the same as before. but it still is classic music. i know its more politically driven, but its selling and its making a statement, which really many people in powere refuse to do. plus its definitely better than some other crap like soulja boy or some other rnb nonsense. most of those songs are about sex, drugs, drive bys and drinking. they dont have a moral to them whereas linkin park do. there instrumentals are awesome and the lyrics are heavy and strong allowing for that added impact to hit home.

They closest they've had to their old stuff is Given Up which was the only song that I really enjoyed from their new album...Bleed it out wasn't bad either though. It's not 'classic' music...'classic' music is the likes of U2, Meatloaf, ACDC, RHCP. Linkin Park's closest to 'classic' is probably along the lines of Faint or In The End. It's only selling because they've changed their sound to sell albums in the mainstream and in effect have sold out and it counds heavily against them in my opinion, especially after some of the things they said around the time of Meteora.
I completely agree that it's better than your stereotypical superficiality generated by many of the hiphop & rnb artists toda. I hate to point out that their instrumentals take very little tallent though, their guitars are very basic riffs for the most part, when you break the music down it's incredibly simple (on a par with eminem borrowing rhythms from nursery rhymes).
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Brenda's Got a Baby- Tupac Shakur
xAragonite
xAragonite
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Any Hinder song. ;)
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Are they those one hit wonders? sort off gone off the radar if your not interested in them.
littleronaldo1992
littleronaldo1992
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)

I'll be ready - Sunblock. good video clip as well

into the night - santana with that guy from nickelback
xAragonite
xAragonite
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Are they those one hit wonders? sort off gone off the radar if your not interested in them.

Nah, they've got an album full of good songs. They had another song that sorta made waves, but not as big as "Lips of an Angel."
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Any Hinder song.

I told you he was queer...
Quote:

One hit wonder just about covers it...they were better before they were on anybody's radar.
Quote:

Chad Kroeger. And the only good thing about that song is Santana's Guitar...the rest is annoying.
Quote:
Nah, they've got an album full of good songs. They had another song that sorta made waves, but not as big as "Lips of an Angel."

Almost full of songs...i'm so tired of lips of an angel...and they also had another album before they made it 'big' i think you'll find.

Spiel Mit Mir - Rammstein.
Cyanide 2600 - Spineshank.
Happy Little Boozer - Korpiklaani.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

'Put Your Lights On' FTW!
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

oh come on, you can't go wrong with Happy Little Boozer.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

Quote:

Chad Kroeger. And the only good thing about that song is Santana's Guitar...the rest is annoying.

What about the babe in the video?
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Quote:

What about the babe?
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

The only good thing is her. Shit. Is there always someone there to hold your hand when you cross the road?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:

That song has a video now?? I don't know taht she's any better looking that some of the chicks I know...or the chicks form an assortment of other videos.
Quote:
Is there always someone there to hold your hand when you cross the road?

His mummy can't be with him all the time...but then he's not allowed to cross the road.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Creep N Crawl - Eazy-E - Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton
martyB
martyB
Legend

'Cant Breathe' - The Herd (Hermitude Remix)
martyB
martyB
Legend

mk, you into Stone's Throw? Or Aussie Hip Hop?

What do you think of this...
[youtube]Px_feOoqDJs[/youtube]
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Not really, i used to like a bit of the hilltop hoods but it quickly went a bit gay, i mean look at that video, i like more gangsta rap and the stories and history behind it all, rivalries, beefs and stuff.

Please listen to this what do you think;

[youtube]btH4e0-WQAo[/youtube]
martyB
martyB
Legend

Yeah not bad. Not really my cup of tea. The first guy's OK but the second guy tears it up.

Aussie hip hop is more than Hilltop Hoods...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Thats just a diss but those are the sort of beats i like.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Gangsta Beat 4 Tha Street - Eazy-E, B.G. Knocc Out, Dresta & Menajahtwa
Nico
Nico
World Class

Your Shirt Would Look Better With A Columbian Neck-Tie - I Killed The Prom Queen - really wana see their farewell tour, would be sweet.
Save Me - Angelas Dish (from Central Coast, people should get out and see them - really really good stuff)
This Heart Attack - Faker (Grafton Primary remix) - actually pretty surprised at myself for liking this song...
Colours That You Shine - Crossfade
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search