Nico's & Funky's Music Thread

Nico's & Funky's Music Thread

Author
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Bit gay innit?
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
xAragonite wrote:
Three Doors Down - Here Without You... In my eyes, one of the best songs ever made. It always catches me...

nah. it aint a gay song mk. this is a classic. been on my ipod since it came out in 03. its a classic song.

Just For You - Lionel Richie (think i already put that up:-k)

Leave the Memories Alone- Fuel
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Came out in '03?? Shit, so ive been wondering whose song it was for the last 5 years?? :lol:
xAragonite
xAragonite
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Bit gay innit?

Your a bit gay, in'nit. :x

zimbos_05 wrote:
nah. it aint a gay song mk. this is a classic. been on my ipod since it came out in 03. its a classic song.

Yep yep, quality song.

martyB wrote:
Came out in '03?? Shit, so ive been wondering whose song it was for the last 5 years?? :lol:

:lol:
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Anyone else like rap?
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Anyone else like rap?

I don't mind stuff like J5. Don't listen to rap that much now because it has pretty much turned to shit.

Edited by arsenal melbourne fc: 8/4/2008 10:55:04 PM
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Stuff like Talib Kweli still has its moments, but yeah most stuff now is just bullshit.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Talib Kweli's Quality is just that.

I used to listen to the Soundbombing albums religiously in year 7 and 8, then I lost the CDs and havent listened since.

[youtube]apY2I7Lr94g[/youtube]

Edited by martyB: 8/4/2008 11:18:35 PM
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

I dont listen to new rap, my top 3 pac big and eazy-e are all long dead.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Anyone else like rap?

no, because most of the time its all about sex, drugs and drive bys. Does not actually have meaning or really sort of teachings in it.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
mk0825 wrote:
Anyone else like rap?

no, because most of the time its all about sex, drugs and drive bys. Does not actually have meaning or really sort of teachings in it.

and stuff like Hinder does? look outside of the mainstream bullshit and theres plenty of it. Im sick of this idea that rap is about being gangsta. Do not judge raps "meaning" by the 12 year old market, or you must do so for all types of music. There is more to rap than 50 cent.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

50 has his moments. What you should be saying, don't judge rap on Soulja Boy...

zimbo_05, find some Tupac stuff. Not all of it is gangsta based. And then theres those like Public Enemy who have always been political. Hell, even Eminem in his first few albums was rapping about society and its hypocritical nature (esp in Marshall Mathers LP) that parents like to blame music for their kids' actions instead of themselves as bad parents.

And you can't say that every other music is all deep and meaningful all the time. There are "pop" elements in all kinds of music genres.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Quote:
50 has his moments.
Like this. :lol:

Quote:
minem in his first few albums was rapping about society and its hypocritical nature (esp in Marshall Mathers LP) that parents like to blame music for their kids' actions instead of themselves as bad parents.
If the first part's true, who's the hypocrite?? Merrylands incident on Monday says otherwise [-( "Damn kids and their hippin' and their hoppin', and their bippin' and their boppin'" - Bill Cosby :P

I know there are other things like movies and tv to blame, but the rap industry has come to glorify its culture. Yes, once upon a day what you saw in the clips was a true reflection of their lives (and still is to an extent). Now all you see in clips is glorification of sex, drugs, oppression and violence.

k
k
Amateur
Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)

i listen to some rap

edan
mr lif
j5
dilated peoples
gangstarr
de la soul
eric b & rakim
atcq
beastie boys
mos def
talib kweli
wutang clan
alkoholiks
eminem (only really his first couple of albums and his freestyles though)

and the old school west coast gangsta shit like dre, snoop, etc
k
k
Amateur
Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)

martyB wrote:
Now all you see in clips is glorification of sex, drugs, oppression and violence.

where as rock music is only about the sex and drugs :p
martyB
martyB
Legend

And self oppression :lol:

I didn't intend to single out a particular genre. All mainstream sellouts do it. That's why I don't take much notice of new songs, especially on the radio. I used to watch Channel V after school about 8-10 years ago, but havent watched it since, unless there was a live performance on.

I listen mostly to Aussie Hip Hop, which is mostly free of the sex and violence.... and bling.
Nico
Nico
World Class

k - that list would be good if it had PE.
Nico
Nico
World Class

Deeper Water - Paul Kelly. One of my favourite songs, Kelly is one of the best song writers of his generation. So disappointed i missed him at BDO.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Heres a song with a meaning zimbo, please listen to it, its tupac - brendas got a baby
[youtube]Wl54ABY8VgY&[/youtube]

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Erebus wrote:

zimbo_05, find some Tupac stuff. Not all of it is gangsta based. And then theres those like Public Enemy who have always been political. Hell, even Eminem in his first few albums was rapping about society and its hypocritical nature (esp in Marshall Mathers LP) that parents like to blame music for their kids' actions instead of themselves as bad parents.

Tupac and Eminem were back at a time when i didnt really have a problem with rap. Its only now in the last 3 or so years where ive developed my dislike for it. The fact that Soulja Boy and 50 cent can make the top of the charts and stay there for weeks and months is beyond me. I just fear as i know what society i grew up in and i feel that western society can be a bit slack. If the word hoe (think that is how its spelt) was mentioned in zimbabwe, you would be severly punished, now its thrown around like an everyday word.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
Tupac and Eminem were back at a time when i didnt really have a problem with rap. Its only now in the last 3 or so years where ive developed my dislike for it. The fact that Soulja Boy and 50 cent can make the top of the charts and stay there for weeks and months is beyond me. I just fear as i know what society i grew up in and i feel that western society can be a bit slack. If the word hoe (think that is how its spelt) was mentioned in zimbabwe, you would be severly punished, now its thrown around like an everyday word.

I couldn't agree more mate. Eminem wore out his welcome when I worked out taht his songs were to the beat of nursery rhymes though.
Quote:
And then theres those like Public Enemy who have always been political.

Rage Against The Machine to political rap so much better. Their selftitled album is widely accepted as the best album of all time in terms of depth of fidelity and sound reproduction, and ti's just such a great album anyway.
And Ghosts I-IV by NIN is jsut fucking awesome, i recommend everybody goes out and buys or downlaods it, there's something for everyone on there and it's genius.
zoebonnie
zoebonnie
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)

At the moment songs by "The Hitmen" and "Roaring Jack".
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

New cog album. Incredibly good band, and even more incredible album.

Edited by Funky Munky: 10/4/2008 09:23:51 PM
Nico
Nico
World Class

Funky Munky wrote:

definetely brilliant piece of work. I hope to see them over the weekend, i havent for a few years so it would be good.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Nico wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

definetely brilliant piece of work. I hope to see them over the weekend, i havent for a few years so it would be good.

Seen them twice, but this tour will be the first time i'll have seen them headlining, previous times were at BDO and Come Together. Cannot wait to see how the new songs go down live.
Nico
Nico
World Class

Im totally jealous of your May 7th Funky, i really wanted to go to it. More so for Atreyu then the other acts though.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Haha, i'm going for the exact opposite tbh, although i don't mind Atreyu.
Nico
Nico
World Class

Always where i need to be - The Kooks is a really cool track.
Maddie
Maddie
Weekender
Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)

the new year - the getaway plan
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:

Agree completely too. The Movies Over is a great track.

Cloud Connected - In Flames.
Happiness In Slavery - Nine Inch Nails.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search