SMFC STUFF = 1 club-1 thread

SMFC STUFF = 1 club-1 thread

Author
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Let's keep it all nice and neat in 1 place

South Melbourne FC is pleased to announce that Monday's edition of The World Game program on SBS will feature a special report on the club.

The special report will focus on the redevelopment of Lakeside Stadium and the associated infrastructure in the Albert Park precinct, the club's expansion into Asia and the RHB Singapore Cup, the benefits of the proposed FFA Cup to the club, the use of multimedia and social networking advances to promote the club, and a report on the current squad and its aims for the upcoming 2011 Victorian Premier League.

The World Game program can be seen on Monday on SBS2 at 9.30pm or alternatively 11.30pm on SBS1 later that evening.

Edited by chris: 19/1/2011 04:23:01 PM
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

can't wait
King Billy
King Billy
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Shouldn't this be in grassroots?
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

hmmm. SMFC is grassroots football
sugoibaka
sugoibaka
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Will be watching, BJS is 5mins from my place and I'm interested to see what they say about it.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Victory>Heart wrote:

King Billy wrote:

Oh the pettiness.
:roll:
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
Victory>Heart wrote:

King Billy wrote:

Oh the pettiness.
:roll:

In the definition of these forums, it does seem to qualify more as grassroots.

In saying though, good for SMFC getting its agenda out on display.

As for social networking, are you and Chris part of that process? All I have ever seen on facebook pages, or on forums, is SMFC people being negative and talking down the sport. Lets hope any real strategy changes that. Theres no value in a negative campaign.
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro

Would be very interesting to watch SM's agenda
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Who?
Cool_Cat2007
Cool_Cat2007
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
grassroots is that way >>>>
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Thanks to all of you who find the need to comment whenever any issue regarding SMFC is posted where ever. Your need to post, while negative or derogatory, means there is relevance. As I said before the desire of franchise customers to play and beat a real club like SMFC is deep and they only way to credibility.

I would be more worried if you no-one found the need to make comment.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Good news it will be interesting to watch...
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro

Thing is Arthur this forum is dedicated to Australia Football while SM is a grassroots club
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Victory>Heart wrote:
Thing is Arthur this forum is dedicated to Australia Football while SM is a grassroots club

National TV broadcaster, Austarlian Football Club, talking about participation in an international tournament and how the former National Champions are faring under the current regime.

Plenty of Australian relevance.

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
Thanks to all of you who find the need to comment whenever any issue regarding SMFC is posted where ever. Your need to post, while negative or derogatory, means there is relevance. As I said before the desire of franchise customers to play and beat a real club like SMFC is deep and they only way to credibility.

Thats where your position differs from many.

Many just reply in spite of you in the end unfortunately, after so many negative things you have posted on here. The only positive posts are for your own club afterall, which usually try and sell how powerful it is, or how the HAL is missing out by not having SMFC involved. One could say derogatory comments are usually lead from your own cause, not from the words of others.

Do not confuse replies for relevance of your own, or your clubs, position in the greater scheme of things. Following that line of thinking will only leave you dissapointed:)

Edited by heart_fan: 17/12/2010 05:25:05 PM
chris
chris
Pro

Will definitely be worthwhile in my view. Great to see a club like south minus any aid make these type of noises on National tv. Club is still very relevant and much much bigger than a VPL club
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro

chris wrote:
Will definitely be worthwhile in my view. Great to see a club like south minus any aid make these type of noises on National tv. Club is still very relevant and much much bigger than a VPL club

Why would you say that? :twisted:

Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Heart_fan wrote:
Arthur wrote:

Many just reply in spite of you in the end unfortunately, after so many negative things you have posted on here. The only positive posts are for your own club afterall, which usually try and sell how powerful it is, or how the HAL is missing out by not having SMFC involved. One could say derogatory comments are usually lead from your own cause, not from the words of others.

Do not confuse replies for relevance of your own, or your clubs, position in the greater scheme of things. Following that line of thinking will only leave you dissapointed:)

Whatever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just keep posting we will end up with 10 pages again.
sugoibaka
sugoibaka
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Heart_fan wrote:
Arthur wrote:

Hrm, I wouldn't interpret Arthur's posts that way at all. Of course he sticks up for his club and it's place in Australian football. But like Benjamin, he is pretty constructive with his criticism of the FFA and HAL.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

And my criticism is also positve. The coaching education changes are the best thing that ever happened to this country.

But if I was a fan of Melbourne Heart I'd be suffering from PMT too.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

And by the way, just for Heartfan I'm aiming for 10 pages on this topic.
sugoibaka
sugoibaka
Semi-Pro

May as well copy and paste 10 pages from the last thread, which was probably only a day or two ago.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

As long as you realise he started it.:lol: I have no problem doing it.
sugoibaka
sugoibaka
Semi-Pro

Arthur wrote:
As long as you realise he started it.:lol: I have no problem doing it.

"he started it.", "no, he started it." etc.
subbuteo
subbuteo
Semi-Pro

ok then whats the glory? they were around when smfc were in the top tier...

as a deep down glory supporter I know which version i would rather!
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Arthur wrote:

You haven't yet learned to accept your rung in the societal ladder, Arthur. Shame.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

skeptic wrote:
Arthur wrote:

You haven't yet learned to accept your rung in the societal ladder, Arthur. Shame.

I'm just a poor peasant boy Skeptic what can I do but resist?
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Another reason why SMFC is NO.1

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/access-all-areas/guilty-pleasures/melbournes-hottest-wags/the-calendar?selectedImage=21

Edited by Arthur: 17/12/2010 07:00:29 PM
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Arthur wrote:

I'm just a poor peasant boy Skeptic what can I do but resist?

As I would do myself and be cause for an increase in resolve.
chris
chris
Pro

Victory>Heart wrote:
chris wrote:

Why would you say that? :twisted:

I think it is very worthwhile to see how a club that is in principle run by members demonstrate growth in all key categories. When the NSL was dispensed with, smfc which had heavily invested into the future had it's revenue streams cut off. No assistance was available to the club nor any exposure. The club was basically sitting In Idle with huge debts and collapse was all but guaranteed.

Via petition and revenue generated by members the club survived. Just. This occured only six years ago. The first 3-4 years was about survival which against all odds we achieved. Then it was about consolidation which we also achieved. Finally the club expanded which is monumental in today's climate.

Today the club finds itself in actually better shape than what it was even in it's glory days. The club Currently has a far better reach than ever before across a much broader Section of our community.

The WG sbs feature will demonstrate how a club like smfc minus financial contribution and extensive marketing and brand assistance from it's governing body, whilst combating mainstream media obscurity and prejudicely defined as "old soccer" by it's bloodline has actually grown and developed. an alternative to the new franchise, tradark compliant form of the game.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search