SMFC STUFF = 1 club-1 thread

SMFC STUFF = 1 club-1 thread

Author
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Arthur wrote:
And by the way, just for Heartfan I'm aiming for 10 pages on this topic.

You'll never get there, Arthur - I'm not joining in so the won't get the traditional Benjamin vs ton.of.bricks/kapow! arguments to stretch the pages out!!
GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Arthur wrote:
Thanks to all of you who find the need to comment whenever any issue regarding SMFC is posted where ever. Your need to post, while negative or derogatory, means there is relevance. As I said before the desire of franchise customers to play and beat a real club like SMFC is deep and they only way to credibility.

I would be more worried if you no-one found the need to make comment.

No, the only real clubs are South Melbourne United And Melbourne Haokah, bring those clubs back!!!!

FUCK the Hellenic and Yarra Park parasites
FUCK OFF SOUTH MELBOURNE
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Who are South Melbourne??
chris
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

EDIT:There is no place for that type of abuse on this forum DO NOT DO IT AGAIN.

Edited by joffa: 18/12/2010 10:48:52 PM
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

GDeathe wrote:
Arthur wrote:
Thanks to all of you who find the need to comment whenever any issue regarding SMFC is posted where ever. Your need to post, while negative or derogatory, means there is relevance. As I said before the desire of franchise customers to play and beat a real club like SMFC is deep and they only way to credibility.

I would be more worried if you no-one found the need to make comment.

No, the only real clubs are South Melbourne United And Melbourne Haokah, bring those clubs back!!!!

FUCK the Hellenic and Yarra Park parasites
FUCK OFF SOUTH MELBOURNE

Actually I had a friend whose father was on the SM Utd Committee we played indoor together, while I have a neighbour who played for SM United in the late 1940's in the reserves.

The Hakoah supporters moved to the outer suburbs of Caufield with North Caufield.:lol:
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
Arthur wrote:
And by the way, just for Heartfan I'm aiming for 10 pages on this topic.

You'll never get there, Arthur - I'm not joining in so the won't get the traditional Benjamin vs ton.of.bricks/kapow! arguments to stretch the pages out!!

At the moment my wife is out and I can quickly put this on, as she has restricted my access, so it probably won't make 10 mpages.#-o
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

chris wrote:
South Melbourne FC is pleased to announce that Monday's edition of The World Game program on SBS will feature a special report on the club.

The special report will focus on the redevelopment of Lakeside Stadium and the associated infrastructure in the Albert Park precinct, the club's expansion into Asia and the RHB Singapore Cup, the benefits of the proposed FFA Cup to the club, the use of multimedia and social networking advances to promote the club, and a report on the current squad and its aims for the upcoming 2011 Victorian Premier League.

The World Game program can be seen on Monday on SBS2 at 9.30pm or alternatively 11.30pm on SBS1 later that evening.

Well I just finished watching the program and there was no mention of SMFC other than a small piece about the Anastasiadis brothers. What happened?:-k :-k :-k :-k :-k
chris
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

don't know - do you?
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Unfortunately no.
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Was abit strange that it did not appear on the show. I was waiting to see it come on, but not to be. It almost looked like they would lead into the story after the segment about the Anastasiadis brothers, but then moved on to other topics.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

It was an item that doesn't tie into any specific concern at the moment (the weather in England, the state of the A-League, Luke Wilkshire's opinion on the 50 man Asian Cup squad, etc.) and thus, I assume, will be saved for a "slow news week".

Still, nice to see Boutsi's goal again. Wasn't a foul. Nooooo.
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro

Benjamin wrote:
It was an item that doesn't tie into any specific concern at the moment(the weather in England, the state of the A-League, Luke Wilkshire's opinion on the 50 man Asian Cup squad, etc.) and thus, I assume, will be saved for a "slow news week".

Is that the official line or just your opinion Ben? :d :d :d
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro

Cant say this surprises me
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

chris wrote:

can only say that it is a shame they are putting a race track around it.
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

The revolution started yet?
ultragirl
ultragirl
Amateur
Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)

what happened to the feature ??
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

spathi wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
It was an item that doesn't tie into any specific concern at the moment(the weather in England, the state of the A-League, Luke Wilkshire's opinion on the 50 man Asian Cup squad, etc.) and thus, I assume, will be saved for a "slow news week".

Is that the official line or just your opinion Ben? :d :d :d

My opinion based on an understanding of how the media works. You have a quiet time, staff on the payroll, you film a feature that can be used at any time over the next month or so - then when nothing much is happening you don't have to resort to presenters streeeeeeeettttcccchiiinggg the intro to the next feature. Common practise in media around the world.
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro

Any news then on when they will possibly show it?
chris
chris
Pro

Apparently on tonight
eskimo
eskimo
Amateur
Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)

chris wrote:
South Melbourne FC is pleased to announce that Monday's edition of The World Game program on SBS will feature a special report on the club.

The special report will focus on the redevelopment of Lakeside Stadium and the associated infrastructure in the Albert Park precinct, the club's expansion into Asia and the RHB Singapore Cup, the benefits of the proposed FFA Cup to the club, the use of multimedia and social networking advances to promote the club, and a report on the current squad and its aims for the upcoming 2011 Victorian Premier League.

The World Game program can be seen on Monday on SBS2 at 9.30pm or alternatively 11.30pm on SBS1 later that evening.

Yep, it was on last night. It wasn't a special report on the club at all, but a good little article on the prospects of an FFA National Cup and what that would mean to a club like SMFC. Interview with Eddie Krncevic along with some info on the Lakeside development - showed South to be quite a professional and ambitious outfit (which most of us know already).

mltezr
mltezr
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
pimpsta wrote:

That 'revolution' was sydney olympic, not south melbourne.
- - - -

So that's where Eddie Krncevic has been all these years.

How come nobody has respect for south melbourne???

Edited by sobkowski: 11/1/2011 10:36:40 AM

i think those that know football do respect south melbourne and other older clubs
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

mltezr wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
pimpsta wrote:

- - - -

i think those that know football do respect south melbourne and other older clubs

Most of the disrespect, on here anyway, is because of the posters like Paoktzi and Solympic who are incapable of decent discussion, and instead rag on the A-League and all the A-League supporters.
da640
da640
Amateur
Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)Amateur (696 reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
mltezr wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
pimpsta wrote:

- - - -

Most of the disrespect, on here anyway, is because of the posters like Paoktzi and Solympic who are incapable of decent discussion, and instead rag on the A-League and all the A-League supporters.

This.
Most people respect south melbourne but there are a handful of sydney olympic/south melb supporters here that give their club a terrible name as they act like they are hardcore PAOK supporters.

Most of the discussion of Sydney olympic/south melbourne is just everybody baiting the other side. It has nothing to do with a persons attitude to their club.
ultragirl
ultragirl
Amateur
Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)Amateur (621 reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
mltezr wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
pimpsta wrote:

- - - -

So if you are not for the rants and raves and ideas and thoughts of the olympic boys because it is not for a product it makes it ok to be for the rants and raves and ideas of these people against the real clubs, from an admin that is poor and sad and to me proves why football is not getting anywere
ultragirl
ultragirl
Amateur

da640 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
mltezr wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
pimpsta wrote:

- - - -

This.
Most people respect south melbourne but there are a handful of sydney olympic/south melb supporters here that give their club a terrible name as they act like they are hardcore PAOK supporters.

Most of the discussion of Sydney olympic/south melbourne is just everybody baiting the other side. It has nothing to do with a persons attitude to their club.

What is this clown talking about???

eskimo
eskimo
Amateur

ultragirl wrote:
...What is this clown talking about???

What, you can't comprehend? Oh sorry I forgot - you're a bit slow aren't you?
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

ultragirl wrote:
da640 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
mltezr wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
pimpsta wrote:

- - - -

This.

What is this clown talking about???

And here we have example number 1.
ultragirl
ultragirl
Amateur

From the Olympic forum -
http://www.olympicultras.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFuBXe89Ph8&feature=player_embedded

anothermp
anothermp
Super Fan
Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)Super Fan (125 reputation)

reading comments from so many anti-football people including moderators on a wide-reaching forum like FFT is depressing.

im in the fight for all of you as well even if you may not realise it.

unfortunately though i am seeing ideas and concepts for the future of the sport that are against the common good of the game that are being praised as the way forward and 'new football'

this is unacceptable
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search