The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
There used to be a television thread and one of the reasons I campaigned for an index thread is because I couldn't find it and neither could anybody else I suppose.

Anyway - here are some shows that I'm really diggin atm. I dont have fox so I'm not sure if it's already aired to paytv...

The Inbetweeners - fucking hilarious British 'american pie' style comedy and advertised on FFT. Already in season 3 in Britain and showing it on channel 11 here. I think I might bypass TV and DL the series.

American Pickers - I find addictive, those guys love their motorcycles and bikes and make some serious dough.

New season of House just shows that his character is still as frustrating as ever.

Edited by leftrightout: 23/5/2014 04:05:27 PM
sanga1
sanga1
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Joffa recently started a "What are you watching on TV?" thread, more or less making this one redundant.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=64036

Edited by sanga1: 28/10/2011 10:29:21 AM
MaxiiGCU
MaxiiGCU
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

The Inbetweeners has finished in Britain I believe, movie comes out here sometime next month. Cannot wait, truly one of my favourite shows of the last few years, depicts English student life so well.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

sanga1 wrote:
Joffa recently started a "What are you watching on TV?" thread, more or less making this one redundant.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=64036

Edited by sanga1: 28/10/2011 10:29:21 AM

I did see that after I posted this. But he was asking forumers what they were watching at that particular time. He wasn't starting a new TV thread.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Updated the index. Just let me know in the future if we want any other thread listed.

I've only seen the first two episodes of season 8 of House. Don't know what to make of it. I knew ages ago that this is the last season, and that Cuddy and someone else weren't in this season. But unless House gets his team back, seems like it will be the worst season yet - and it has been going downhill for a while.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

martyB wrote:
Updated the index. Just let me know in the future if we want any other thread listed.

I've only seen the first two episodes of season 8 of House. Don't know what to make of it. I knew ages ago that this is the last season, and that Cuddy and someone else weren't in this season. But unless House gets his team back, seems like it will be the worst season yet - and it has been going downhill for a while.

Agree, he cant even go to prison and not face the same agonising predictable plot line.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

MaxiiGCU wrote:
The Inbetweeners has finished in Britain I believe, movie comes out here sometime next month. Cannot wait, truly one of my favourite shows of the last few years, depicts English student life so well.

Yeah I cant believe we are just seeing it now. It's been hiding under a rock!
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

After 3 years, I finally got around to watching the final season of Prison Break, but not before watching the first 3 seasons. :P Season 1 is by far the best, and 3 the worst. The latter put me off watching the fourth, it was pretty lame, but was pleasantly surprised at the final season. Show needed way more Paul Kellerman. Now just glad I'll never have to put up with Wentworth Miller again.

Burn Notice finally resumes its current season next week. Fuck I hate the US scheduling of this show; show a couple episodes, break a couple weeks, show a few more, break for 6 weeks, show some more, break another 2 months etc. ](*,)
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

martyB wrote:
After 3 years, I finally got around to watching the final season of Prison Break, but not before watching the first 3 seasons. :P Season 1 is by far the best, and 3 the worst. The latter put me off watching the fourth, it was pretty lame, but was pleasantly surprised at the final season. Show needed way more Paul Kellerman. Now just glad I'll never have to put up with Wentworth Miller again.

Burn Notice finally resumes its current season next week. Fuck I hate the US scheduling of this show; show a couple episodes, break a couple weeks, show a few more, break for 6 weeks, show some more, break another 2 months etc. ](*,)

They are trying to combat illegal downloading by fastracking new US Shows but it has backfired on a couple of FTA station with shows like the new 'Charlies Angels' dying in the arse. I think the future of tv has a lot to do with the internet.

I start watching shows like Prison Break but the amount of times as you say they have 2 to 4 week breaks, it gives me the screaming shits and then I lose track and eventually forget about it. I don't feel sorry for the stations when people opt to DL their favourite series.

Channel 7 dont deserve 'How I met your mother' because they treat it like a regular sitcom with out a continuing story line and they just randomly play episodes FTA is fucked atm!
f1worldchamp
f1worldchamp
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Sons of Anarchy FTW
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

There's a thread already dedicated to TV

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=991662

been around for a while, not difficult to find.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Heineken wrote:
There's a thread already dedicated to TV

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=991662

been around for a while, not difficult to find.

Yes but this is the 'New' TV thread. The old one must have gotten stale and moldy. Where were you when the 'Index' thread was created? Nobody else was bothered to find it hence the new one linked in the 'Index' thread.

Jez talk about getting precious! :-({|=
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

f1worldchamp wrote:
Sons of Anarchy FTW

This so much. So fucking good at the moment.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

leftrightout wrote:
MaxiiGCU wrote:

Yeah I cant believe we are just seeing it now. It's been hiding under a rock!

Season three finished last year in England and finished screening here in early feb I think, GO usually pick up re runs every now and then though. Quality show
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Any Mad Men fans here? I noticed marconi changed his avatar to Don Draper :lol:
martyB
martyB
Legend

Anybody watch Gruen Planet from its website? It keeps freezing regardless the browser I use. Nothing wrong with Flash, Youtube works fine.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
f1worldchamp wrote:
Sons of Anarchy FTW

This so much. So fucking good at the moment.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but it became a tired formula pretty quickly. Haven't seen any of season 4 yet though.
Quote:
Anybody watch Gruen Planet from its website? It keeps freezing regardless the browser I use. Nothing wrong with Flash, Youtube works fine.

The Gruen page has always been buggy.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Never had a problem with it until now.
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

leftrightout wrote:
Any Mad Men fans here? I noticed marconi changed his avatar to Don Draper :lol:

A long wait between seasons 4 and 5. I wondered why I hadn't watched it recently.

I'm into Bored to Death, It's Always sunny in Philadephia and An American Horror Story at the moment.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

martyB wrote:
Never had a problem with it until now.

Which browser do you use?
martyB
martyB
Legend

Chrome
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Odd. Shouldn't have any problems then. Any time I've had a problem has been on firefox.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Just watched the final episode of Burn Notice season 5. Ending sucked balls; hairy, Irish, spud-like balls.
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Spin City is good. Oldie but a Goodie. Michael J Fox is outstanding
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Watch Pretty Little Liars. Do it!
Mozilla
Mozilla
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:
One of my chick friends made me watch the first episode of that one time...I've always kinda wanted to see what the outcome was :lol:
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Mozilla wrote:
avy1990 wrote:
One of my chick friends made me watch the first episode of that one time...I've always kinda wanted to see what the outcome was :lol:

Hahah that's what happened to me.. And I kinda started watching it and it's actually a decent show. Having stunning main characters doesn't hurt either. :lol:
Kruse_Terrace
Kruse_Terrace
Amateur
Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)Amateur (660 reputation)

Breaking Bad. That is all.
samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

My Family :lol: classic
samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

American dad
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search