Communication - important coaching attribute

Communication - important coaching attribute

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
At our FFA C Licence it has been pushed hard that the major attribute a coach must have is effective communication skills.

ATM FFA considers this is the most single, important determining factor in being a successful coach.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Decentric wrote:
At our FFA C Licence it has been pushed hard that the major attribute a coach must have is effective communication skills.

ATM FFA considers this is the most single, important determining factor in being a successful coach.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

You're in trouble. :lol:
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

How's this for communication... If you have nothing constructive to say, kindly f*ck off.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Thanks for the heads up, princess. :lol:
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Do you have anything to add Judy?

Why so bitter?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Decentric wrote:

When I did the C Licence, they told me I instructed the players wrongly by making them look into the sun. They told another bloke he should take his sunglasses off to make eye contact. They told another bloke to take his hat off. I was waffling on too much as well. They really push this communication these days. They reckon a coach must get into the player's head and make him understand the message a coach tries to give. FFA have got a checklist to see that a coach is doing it right. There is so much that most of us were doing wrong.
tjwhalan
tjwhalan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Brew wrote:
Decentric wrote:

When I did the C Licence, they told me I instructed the players wrongly by making them look into the sun. They told another bloke he should take his sunglasses off to make eye contact. They told another bloke to take his hat off. I was waffling on too much as well. They really push this communication these days. They reckon a coach must get into the player's head and make him understand the message a coach tries to give. FFA have got a checklist to see that a coach is doing it right. There is so much that most of us were doing wrong.

Lol I remember getting in trouble for making players face the sun in the Junior License. Obviously communication is important and after a training session when I go through the afternoon in my head I usually find I rambled too much or some other communication fault. I would agree that the FFA do their best to improve this trait with aspiring coaches.
lollywood
lollywood
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/decentric-jogo-bonito-and-anarchy-forum-t39144.html

\:d/
BillBilston
BillBilston
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

This thread is about coaching comunication.........since you talk crap and try and stuff threads up judy...........piss off wanker.

Edited by BillBilston: 11/1/2013 10:24:45 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

BillBilston wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

This thread is about coaching comunication.........since you talk crap and try and stuff threads up judy...........piss off wanker.

True, this thread is about coaching and effective communication. Which you have managed to contribute SFA.

A coach needs to be believable......even 8 year olds can spot a fraud.

I wonder which section of the KNVB quick start manual where this can be found.

]

Edited by judy free: 13/1/2013 09:46:10 AM
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
BillBilston wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

True, this thread is about coaching and effective communication. Which you have managed to contribute SFA.

A coach needs to be believable......even 8 year olds can spot a fraud.

I wonder which section of the KNVB quick start manual where this can be found.
]
Edited by judy free: 13/1/2013 09:46:10 AM

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

The defining of communication as being paramount in a coach's ability to be successful, is a different direction by FFA. In the past, the former big name pro player was seen as the best option to be a successful coach.

Now that communication is given prime weighting, there is a shift to coaches with modest playing backgrounds and sound communication skills having the ideal skill set to coach.

CCM's Phil Moss labels himself as an example of this, but he didn't suggest he had good communication skills. Having said this, I think he is a very intelligent and articulate man, with excellent listening skills.

Moss considers playing at Northern Spirit in the NSL is a modest playing career.

Some ambitious coaches, devoid of a pro football career, feel they have been marginalised by FFA in the past, because they are not in an Old Boys network.

Edited by Decentric: 14/1/2013 10:11:26 AM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
The defining of communication as being paramount in a coach's ability to be successful, is a different direction by FFA.

Absolute and total bollox, decentric.

Has always (and should always) been presented as numero uno key requisite during Aussie courses dating back 20+ years.

Your ability to present something as 'groundbreaking new directon' at times leaves me breathless.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

If wannabe coaches are being overlooked or 'marginalised' it's probably due to their own poor communication skills and lack of desire. Good communication skills gets you on the inside of the network. Master coach (arf) and FFA master coaching educator (arf) Kelly Cross has zero pro football playing experience. Got to his position by using Arfur Daley as a role model.

Communicaton skills are essential in whatever life pursuits. A liking for six syllable words, pretentious and long winded written language (in lieu of simple language)does one no favours. Creation of multiple forum accounts to lend support and agree with own comments does one no favours etc.

Wannabe coaches need to be believable.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
The defining of communication as being paramount in a coach's ability to be successful, is a different direction by FFA.

Has always (and should always) been presented as numero uno key requisite during Aussie courses dating back 20+ years.

Your ability to present something as 'groundbreaking new directon' at times leaves me breathless.

I'm not sure you can pontificate unless you have done a number of coaching courses over the years.

Other than failing a recent FFA Youth Licence and failing the FFA Refresher Course about the National Curriculum, you've only attained Level 2 (equates to current FFA Youth Licence) in the 1990s.

You need a lot more experience of football coaching courses to pontificate, Judy. ](*,)

The former great player does not necessarily have the requisite communication skills to coach effectively.

Edited by Decentric: 14/1/2013 11:10:04 AM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:
If wannabe coaches are being overlooked or 'marginalised' it's probably due to their own poor communication skills and lack of desire. Good communication skills gets you on the inside of the network. Master coach (arf) and FFA master coaching educator (arf) Kelly Cross has zero pro football playing experience. Got to his position by using Arfur Daley as a role model.

Communicaton skills are essential in whatever life pursuits.

Kelly Cross is one of the exceptions, not the norm, of past national coaching regimes.

Supposedly, he is also a trained teacher. He has effectively written the modules for that national curriculum , but been advised by a panel as to what the content is.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

I'm not sure you can pontificate unless you have done a number of coaching courses over the years.

Coaching courses did not begin post '05.

Decentric wrote:
Other than failing a recent FFA Youth Licence and failing the FFA Refresher Course

You don't even know my name, altho you've spent six+ years trying.

Decentric wrote:
[You need a lot more experience of football coaching courses to pontificate, Judy.

I live in the real world, with real world experience. These FFA people plundering your pocket live in my backyard. You're a soft target for these blokes, decentric.

PS and love your two new multi's which have recently surfaced in this section - credit to your imagination and newly acquired proxy server skills, cobber. :lol:

Edited by judy free: 14/1/2013 01:04:19 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:
[
I live in the real world, with real world experience. These FFA people plundering your pocket live in my backyard. You're a soft target for these blokes, decentric.

Which world is that?

Recently, Norm Boardman, Rob Sherman and Phil Moss, have all told audiences of coaches that if one doesn't update one's coaching knowledge, the world passes you by. Or if a coach thinks they know it all, in effect one becomes unemployable without updating one's knowledge.

So in terms of soft targets, you are one. You can't answer any contemporaneous coaching questions relating to methodology. The world has passed you by. All you can do is, in your words, "Snipe from the sidelines."

Nothing wrong with lack of knowledge. The difference in your case is you snipe from the sidelines at coaches pursuing modern coaching methodology.

In terms of FFA plundering anyone, they use an eclectic mix of European and South American practices in the FFA NC.

What do you propose as an alternative?

Football curricula from the national football federations of Turkmenistan, Grenada, The Falklands Islands and Rarotonga?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:

PS and love your two new multi's which have recently surfaced in this section - credit to your imagination and newly acquired proxy server skills, cobber. :lol:

Edited by judy free: 14/1/2013 01:04:19 PM

Because you have a number of blokes masquerading as me, taking the piss out of you and your mates, doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with you, is me.

You and your mates, the consummate trollers, are being beaten at your own game by some blokes who think you are soft targets.:lol:

A word of advice - ask these blokes some football questions. Ones I usually respond to. You'll have your answer whether they are me or not.](*,)
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

In terms of communication, Phil Moss also stressed how in his playing days he was publicly rebuked by coaches in front of the team for mistakes. He said that Arnie, learning from Hiddink, never publicly chastised players at CCM.

Any concerns by Arnie were addressed individually, one to one.

Moss remembered from his playing days being castigated. He has never forgotten the ignominy of it.

Edited by Decentric: 14/1/2013 03:04:50 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
Because you have a number of blokes masquerading as me, taking the piss out of you and your mates, doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with you, is me.

http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/decentric-jogo-bonito-and-anarchy-forum-t39144.html

Checkmate. :
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Checkmate. :

A lot of others seemed to have enjoyed winding you and your acolytes up after seeing the success of this.:lol:

Anarchy is also the troll epicentre of football in Australia.:lol:

Edited by Decentric: 14/1/2013 03:23:00 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Checkmate. :

A lot of others seemed to have enjoyed winding you and your acolytes up after seeing the success of this.:lol:

Anarchy is also the troll epicentrel of football in Australia.:lol:

Winding up is one thing.m. However, descriptive references to sex with animals is another thing altogether. And to do so, repeatedly, on a number of separate sockah forums paints an ugly picture.

Would you like me to post a few more links to your seedy work here?

Edited by judy free: 14/1/2013 03:21:01 PM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Checkmate. :

Winding up is one thing.m. However, descriptive references to sex with animals is another thing altogether. And to do so, repeatedly, on a number of separate sockah forums paints an ugly picture.

I'm shocked that the good folk on Anarchy allude to these profane topics?

I thought Anarchy was where refined gentlemen politely discussed the finer points of football.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Checkmate. :

You and your mates paul bags and holman should be the last to talk after the sbs forum.
You are all going to get caught, did you watch 60mins?

Edited by krones3: 14/1/2013 06:29:16 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
Decentric wrote:

Checkmate. :

I'm shocked that the good folk on Anarchy allude to these profane topics?

I thought Anarchy was where refined gentlemen politely discussed the finer points of football.

No just on FA, old mate.

You've got ugly history posting about sexual acts with buffalo's on at least two other forums as well.

Your dark side has become significantly darker as of late.

Which leads us back to the thread topic - communication issues.

Edited by judy free: 14/1/2013 07:01:39 PM
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:

Kelly Cross is one of the exceptions, not the norm, of past national coaching regimes.

Supposedly, he is also a trained teacher. He has effectively written the modules for that national curriculum , but been advised by a panel as to what the content is.

NC you can tell its written by those world renowned Australian committees.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

dirkvanadidas wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Judy Free wrote:

NC you can tell its written by those world renowned Australian committees.

Meaning what?
BillBilston
BillBilston
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Edited by BillBilston: 14/1/2013 08:37:20 PM
BillBilston
BillBilston
Super Fan

Decentric wrote:

Need to improve this ...cos' I mumble....and waffle.

Got a loud voice tho'.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search