NPL- Queensland Conference

NPL- Queensland Conference

Author
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I volunteered, El Toro hahaha

Post in this if you want to talk about the new state league or Queensland football in general.

Palmy are up against the Malaysian U23's on Straya day and have heard that fixtures will be out very soon, I'll post my thoughts on the match if I can be arsed to turn up.

Facebook:
Brisbane City
Brisbane Strikers
Central Queensland
FNQ Football (this is a fed page can't find the club's fb page)
Moreton Bay United
Northern Fury (Page)
Northern Fury (Profile, added because it has 1800 friends)
Olympic
Palm Beach
Redlands United (it's an open group)
Sunshine Coast
Western Pride

Fixtures
Edited by KenGooner_GCU: 13/2/2013 05:29:04 PM

Edited by KenGooner_GCU: 19/2/2013 02:26:48 AM

Edited by Joffa: 23/2/2013 10:57:01 AM

Hello

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

All clubs have been told to keep deets close to the chest until official announcements in Feb.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star
Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)

KenGooner_GCU wrote:
I volunteered, El Toro hahaha

Post in this if you want to talk about the new state league or Queensland football in general.

Palmy are up against the Malaysian U23's on Straya day and have heard that fixtures will be out very soon, I'll post my thoughts on the match if I can be arsed to turn up.

Nice! Posted this in the APL one but will post here first in future-

FOR all the hype :lol: :lol: :lol: , the first test of the Western Pride soccer team was only ever going to come when it hit the paddock for its first game.

Having played its first trial match, at Kippen Park against the Lions FC on Saturday night, coach Casey Wehrman is looking confidently to the Australian Premier League's Queensland conference.

Brisbane Premier League's Lions left with a 2-1 victory but Wehrman was pleased his team had the better of the play in the first half.

"It was really good," the former Australia midfielder said. "I think both teams got a little bit tired maybe in the last 20 minutes. But for most of it we were equal with, if not better, than the Lions."

Ipswich's goal, to right winger Will Jordan, was typical of the effort Wehrman was looking for and brought a smile to the coach's face.

With striker Peter Drager making a run in the opposite direction and Schon Hanson bombing on down the right flank, Jordan cut inside and found space as the defenders were dragged out of position, before shooting to score.

"The players worked hard and if they come off each week with the same work rate, I'll be happy," Wehrman said.

"That's what football is all about - what people are doing off the ball as well as on it."

It was the Pride's first competitive hitout but Wehrman found little to fault before they ran out of legs, conceding the second goal in the dying seconds.

"They were very good opposition," he said of the Lions. "We took the lead and played really well in the first half. In the first 15 minutes of the second half, the Lions put more pressure on us and we held them out well. We got tired towards the end (conceding two goals) but we'll get stronger. We set the benchmark we need to stay at in terms of work rate and we will bring up the technical level."

Wehrman can now plan confidently for the start of the APL in March.

"It gives me a good idea of where I am and where the players are with reference to the stronger teams in Brisbane. We got a fair amount of confidence out of it but there's still work to do," he said.

The Pride now prepares for the Silver Boot tournament, from February 1.

El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star
Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)

Indications of a start date- The Pride is preparing for their first game, to be played against Queensland Academy of Sport on Sunday, March 10.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Yeah I wouldn't mind moving to qld, I do like gold coat.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Yeah I wouldn't mind moving to qld, I do like Gold Coast
FT08
FT08
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
All clubs have been told to keep deets close to the chest until official announcements in Feb.

-PB

Which is crazy considering the comp kicks off early March.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
There's a slight chance of me moving to Queensland this winter, so I'm keen to get onboard a team if that eventuates. Is there an Ipswich side?

The Western Pride would be your team.

As for me I don't really have a team. I've never had a connection to the Strikers, City or Olympic.

I guess I'll keep an eye on the Fury, as I'd love to seem them back in the A-league.
Wedau
Wedau
Weekender
Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)

Here is a list of current APL squads which was complied on another website.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/images_of_old2/aplsignings.pdf
FT08
FT08
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

Reply from FQ.

The APL draw is completed and, whilst it has been released to the participating clubs, has not been released to the public as Football Federation Australia are just finalising the logo and marketing collateral material.

The first matches are on the weekend on 8/9/10 March and then for the next 21 weeks except for Easter. Hope this helps at the moment.

Edited by FT08: 27/1/2013 09:35:06 AM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Thanks FT.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Aussie4ever4 wrote:
Thanks FT.

LOL. Love the changes you've made to your sig <3

KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Pre-Season so far:
Palmy 1-5 Malaysia U23
Palmy 1-1 Mudgeeraba

Palm Beach capitalised on a poor Mudgee goal kick. It was a really strange goal. Mudgee actually kept doing the same short goal kick and after 20 minutes Palmy just anticipated it. Mudgee equalised through a penalty in the second half but I didn't see how it came about and funnily enough neither did anyone I know. Mudgee had some chances but all in all Palmy dominated the game and were unlucky not to win. Chris Lucas (former GCU) was really stand-out and should be one to watch.

Hello

El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star

Western Pride were pumped 4-1 by Brisbane Wolves in the Brisbane Roar One Goal Silver Boot comp at Richlands. Wolves were pretty slick. Don't know what positives WP can take from this really??? The fitness/good hitout excuse can only last so long....
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

El Toro wrote:
Western Pride were pumped 4-1 by Brisbane Wolves in the Brisbane Roar One Goal Silver Boot comp at Richlands. Wolves were pretty slick. Don't know what positives WP can take from this really??? The fitness/good hitout excuse can only last so long....

That the APL like its predecessor QSL is a lesser standard than the BPL.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

The APL has brought new blood into the coaching and player ranks. Unfortunately some of the old blood is still trying to cause mayhem and disorder in the background but hopeful that will die off when games start.
Seems to be an Australian trait start afresh with the recalcitrant's left in the system to cause mischief .:oops:
El Toro
El Toro
Rising Star

dirkvanadidas wrote:
El Toro wrote:

That the APL like its predecessor QSL is a lesser standard than the BPL.

Would have thought Strikers/Olympic etc would think otherwise
FT08
FT08
Fan

3-0 win for the Fury in their last trial match against Brothers. Final squad to be announced this week. There are also 3 preseason games coming up (one in Cairns, Burdekin and another in Townsville) before the season kicks off.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

FT08 wrote:
3-0 win for the Fury in their last trial match against Brothers. Final squad to be announced this week. There are also 3 preseason games coming up (one in Cairns, Burdekin and another in Townsville) before the season kicks off.

Any thoughts on the game?
FT08
FT08
Fan

krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:

Wasn't there. Knew nothing about it till this morning. Heard comments that they looked quite sharp. New kit was apparently worn but I still haven't seen a photo of it yet.
krones3
krones3
Pro

FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:

Wasn't there. Knew nothing about it till this morning. Heard comments that they looked quite sharp. New kit was apparently worn but I still haven't seen a photo of it yet.

They played in their training kit, no playing kit shown.
First 30 0-0 brothers played well, Fury's Victorian players linked up well, bit of flair worked well together.
Second 30 Gareth took to the field and the game changed, he appeared to dominate possession in the mid players working off him.
Lots of work to do, too many high balls not enough on the ground not enough movement on and off the ball.
Much better than last years razorbacks (although i think some of last years players still look sharp)still lots of work to do. Brothers look good will be hard to beat this season.
Great crowd just need to get rid of the old NQ committee.
FT08
FT08
Fan

krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:

First 30 0-0 brothers played well, Fury's Victorian players linked up well, bit of flair worked well together.
Second 30 Gareth took to the field and the game changed, he appeared to dominate possession in the mid players working off him.
Lots of work to do, too many high balls not enough on the ground not enough movement on and off the ball.
Much better than last years razorbacks (although i think some of last years players still look sharp)still lots of work to do. Brothers look good will be hard to beat this season.

Edds taking on a player/coach role this season? How many were there? Imagine if this was advertised earlier there would of been many more there. Have to say I don't know the NQ politics but in my opinion there are too many committees for an amateur league. Which members would you like to see gone and why?
krones3
krones3
Pro

FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:

Edds taking on a player/coach role this season? How many were there? Imagine if this was advertised earlier there would of been many more there. Have to say I don't know the NQ politics but in my opinion there are too many committees for an amateur league. Which members would you like to see gone and why?

I think edds s a player coach?
Lots of people turned up with more notice it would of been a sell out.:lol:
All members Incompetence and nepotism but most of all for actively destroying talented players and coaches in NQ and for attempting to prevent players from training on their own and with others and playing to their full potential.Pathetic.For locking players in fields whilst they are training.
Karma is coming their way.

Edited by krones3: 9/2/2013 07:27:42 PM
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Gagey is that you?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

FT08
FT08
Fan

krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:

All members Incompetence and nepotism but most of all for actively destroying talented players and coaches in NQ and for attempting to prevent players from training on their own and with others and playing to their full potential.Pathetic.For locking players in fields whilst they are training.

If this is Gagey, I thought you would of been involved in the committe for the new Fury. I think you would of added a good perspective to the direction to the new club. Did you try and get involved?
krones3
krones3
Pro

FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:

If this is Gagey, I thought you would of been involved in the committe for the new Fury. I think you would of added a good perspective to the direction to the new club. Did you try and get involved?

I'm not talking about the fury committee but the NQ committee. Fxxxing up football for years.
krones3
krones3
Pro

NQ's last season was a fail.
The NQ committee should let the fury people alone to succeed with out interference from a board with a greater self interested than that of the game.

All the best to the new fury fc, their management and players.
FT08
FT08
Fan

krones3 wrote:

The NQ committee should let the fury people alone to succeed with out interference from a board with a greater self interested than that of the game.

Can you provide more information?
krones3
krones3
Pro

FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I could but innocent people would be made to pay for it.
Can you ell me why we need an NQ committee and a Technical director when we have Paul and the fury board?
FT08
FT08
Fan

krones3 wrote:
FT08 wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I could but innocent people would be made to pay for it.
Can you ell me why we need an NQ committee and a Technical director when we have Paul and the fury board?

Like I've said, I think there is too many committees already. So I don't think we do. Can the NQ committee board answer this question?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search