tattoo thread

tattoo thread

Author
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Got one? Want one? Seen a cool one worth sharing?

I just got my coverup sleeve finished yesterday and I'm vain enough to want to show it off.

Shaker
Shaker
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Got a Phoenix on my leg about 2 months ago. First of many i think.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Inb4 Ual

I've considered getting a few before, but I dont have a desperate desire to obtain any. If I were to get them though, I would get Arte Et Labore (Blackburn's motto) on my forearm, and then 1875 with a rose (Blackburn's year of foundation/the flower on the club badge) on my other forearm. Would possibly get the Foo Fighters symbol on the back of my neck (in imitation of their 'There is Nothing Left to Lose' album cover).
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sad really
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Ual is welllllll tatted
Shaker
Shaker
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Ual is welllllll tatted

Its a sweet sleeve too. Love the universe design.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

RedKat wrote:
ew

Thank you for your brilliant input. :roll:
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
RedKat wrote:
ew

Its as valid an opinion of tats as yours is

To be fair, the thread doesn't ask for anyone's opinion on tats :lol:
That said, I'm in a similar boat to you in that I have zero interest in having one myself, however I do appreciate good tattoo artistry.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
This is a great one:

[youtube]oBYVmnMFMtA[/youtube]
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Love that, does it symbolise anything or just thought it looks cool?

I've got 3, need 1 covered up, what did yours cover?

Edited by iridium1010: 18/10/2013 08:43:10 PM
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I don't agree with tatts or think they a good idea, but sometimes you see some that look quite cool and well done. I prefer when people have a proper meaning behind their tatts.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Ive got praying hands and a rosary on my back with r.I.p dad .ill post it when I can find a pic . Thinking of getting a filo and bosnian flags for my daughter
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Planning a second wolf on my left arm, either a mandala or the joker on that arm as well and an eagle design on my back

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

DB-PGFC
DB-PGFC
Amateur
Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
RedKat wrote:
ew

That said, I'm in a similar boat to you in that I have zero interest in having one myself, however I do appreciate good tattoo artistry.

it was always going to happen though so I thought id get in early.

I dont mind the tribal tattoos or the ones that have deeper meaning like something relating to a passed love one or something like that. Its more the 'im just going to get a tattoo because YOLO' type tattoos that ive always found distasteful.

You say you don't like tats that have no meaning and yet the majority of tribals floating around are exactly that lolwut.

I have no tats my self but I hate when people get that holier than thou attitude on the subject. It someone elses body not yours. If they appreciate the art and want to get tatted up so be it.

Goes the other way though when people have no originality at all or will get shitty backyard jobs.
Mozilla
Mozilla
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

DB-PGFC wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
RedKat wrote:
ew

I dont mind the tribal tattoos or the ones that have deeper meaning like something relating to a passed love one or something like that. Its more the 'im just going to get a tattoo because YOLO' type tattoos that ive always found distasteful.

You say you don't like tats that have no meaning and yet the majority of tribals floating around are exactly that lolwut.

I have no tats my self but I hate when people get that holier than thou attitude on the subject. It someone elses body not yours. If they appreciate the art and want to get tatted up so be it.

This
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Iridium1010 wrote:

Symbolises a lot of things that I hold dear, I'll jot them all down one day.

It's covering an old Trogdor tattoo that I got when I was 19 only to make a girl feel better about the tattoo she was getting too.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

Symbolises a lot of things that I hold dear, I'll jot them all down one day.

It's covering an old Trogdor tattoo that I got when I was 19 only to make a girl feel better about the tattoo she was getting too.

Do tell, how much did that cost you? I assume you got it done in AUS?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

DB-PGFC wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
RedKat wrote:
ew

Goes the other way though when people have no originality at all or will get shitty backyard jobs.

There's nothing worse than shitty backyard tattoos.

I think most of the time tribal tattoos look ridiculous because people blend different tribal styles but they're not that bad on the whole. The one I really loathe is the barbed wire tattoo or the southern cross.

I saw a girl the other day with a tramp stamp saying 'Only God may judge me', but here I am thinking she's white trash.
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
I don't agree with tatts or think they a good idea, but sometimes you see some that look quite cool and well done. I prefer when people have a proper meaning behind their tatts.

agree...to many wanna be's and try hards..........

like notors tatt...pretty lame
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

batfink wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

It's a good fucking thing they hurt or every cunt would have one.

Wait a sec...
Pr1mo
Pr1mo
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

No tatts myself.

Best one I have seen in a while was a girl who had "this will go out of fashion" on her shoulder.
batfink
batfink
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
batfink wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

It's a good fucking thing they hurt or every cunt would have one.

Wait a sec...

just another way of trying to fit in.....always been a problem people to scared just to bhe themselves.....if people don't like you for who you are they have the problem not you....as long as you are caring and well balanced that is....;) ;) ;)
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

well nvm that didn't work.

Edited by iridium1010: 21/10/2013 05:07:36 PM
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

batfink wrote:
[quote=zimbos_05]like notors tatt...pretty lame

Lame to you, maybe, but it holds incredible symbolic importance to me.

I'm sorry that your life is so unfulfilling that you find the need to try and bring everyone else to your level of misery ;)
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
batfink wrote:
[quote=zimbos_05]like notors tatt...pretty lame

Lame to you, maybe, but it holds incredible symbolic importance to me.

I'm sorry that your life is so unfulfilling that you find the need to try and bring everyone else to your level of misery ;)

this . a guy like batfink told me my tat was a disgrace . i lost it at him and he's like its a shitty tat without meaning. Then he read it and then backed off .
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

What's with the blocks, notor?
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Iridium,

In terms of meanings - the entire piece was inspired by my daughters names (which was inspired by my love of space etc). Her first name in Gaelic means "Fiery", in French/German it means "light, torch, bright" and in Greek it means "precious; sun ray, shining light". Her middle name is the Thai word for "glimmering".

The section down the bottom is a tribute to Voyager 1, and Carl Sagan's "pale blue dot" speech.

Quote:
From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it’s different. Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home.
That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character building experience.

There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

notorganic wrote:
Iridium,

In terms of meanings - the entire piece was inspired by my daughters names (which was inspired by my love of space etc). Her first name in Gaelic means "Fiery", in French/German it means "light, torch, bright" and in Greek it means "precious; sun ray, shining light". Her middle name is the Thai word for "glimmering".

The section down the bottom is a tribute to Voyager 1, and Carl Sagan's "pale blue dot" speech.

Quote:
From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it’s different. Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home.
That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character building experience.

There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.

That's awesome. How much it cost you? and done in Aus?
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Had it done in Thailand by one of the leading artists over there, 3 sessions of 5 hours each - there are still a few minor unfinished bits that will need to be done next time I go over - because there were only a few days in between each session there are some parts that hadn't healed properly and couldn't be gone over again.

All up, I think it was around $750-$850 accounting for the exchange rate. I researched the prices a bit before I started, it was about the same as what an apprentice in Australia would have charged.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I like tatts that represent something and would only get one once entered into a bond or brotherhood of some form.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search