Russia 2018

Russia 2018

Author
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I was thinking of making it a goal to take the trans Siberian express from china to Moscow.
I have never been to Russia do people think it will be similar to Germany 2006 in not being a third world country ready and prepared before time.
Safe with plenty of proper accommodation at a reasonable cost, not interested in a tent city.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Safe?

Russia?

:lol:

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Sochi.
imonfourfourtwo
imonfourfourtwo
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I hope Colombia come good for 2018, feel this team is only going to get better imo.
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

krones3 wrote:
I was thinking of making it a goal to take the trans Siberian express from china to Moscow.
I have never been to Russia do people think it will be similar to Germany 2006 in not being a third world country ready and prepared before time.
Safe with plenty of proper accommodation at a reasonable cost, not interested in a tent city.

I've done the same trip back in 05. Make sure you have your passport papers with you all the time, always declare that you left the country with less money than what you brought in. The boarder crossing, they are looking for people and you find out and be surprised how much "extra storage" your cabin actually has. It is a first world country but its still communist and corrupt. Look at all the control on sochi.

Oh, the trains run on Moscow time and when they say the train leave as 3:12 that means the the last carriage has just last the platform and when they say they will arrive at 4:34 they will arrive exactly then. Even if early they will slow down or even stop just so they stop exactly at the time.

oh and you will learn that all the hot russians are the eastern and Siberian russians as they all descended from the royalty which were Scandinavian. the closer you get to Europe the uglier they get.

Edited by lolitsbigmic: 14/7/2014 11:04:35 AM
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

lolitsbigmic wrote:
krones3 wrote:

I've done the same trip back in 05. Make sure you have your passport papers with you all the time, always declare that you left the country with less money than what you brought in. The boarder crossing, they are looking for people and you find out and be surprised how much "extra storage" your cabin actually has. It is a first world country but its still communist and corrupt. Look at all the control on sochi.

Oh, the trains run on Moscow time and when they say the train leave as 3:12 that means the the last carriage has just last the platform and when they say they will arrive at 4:34 they will arrive exactly then. Even if early they will slow down or even stop just so they stop exactly at the time.

oh and you will learn that all the hot russians are the eastern and Siberian russians as they all descended from the royalty which were Scandinavian. the closer you get to Europe the uglier they get.

Did you get off for a stop over in ie Mongolia and back on.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
bigmic how much roughly did it cost you to do that train trip, out of curiosity? Or krones have you researched how much it would cost you?
krones3
krones3
Pro

Quote:
In a nutshell...

◾Around £470 buys you a one-way train ticket from Moscow to Beijing on train 4 including a bed in a 4-berth sleeper, pre-booked through a reliable agency such as Real Russia. For almost 5,000 miles of travel, a bed for 6 nights and a memorable world-class travel experience, that's a bargain! If you want a bed in a 2-bed sleeper, make that around £695.

◾If you want to stop off at places on the way, that increases the ticket price a bit, but not hugely.

◾Add train tickets from London to Moscow for around £200 and you're all set for an epic journey from the UK to China.

◾Don't forget visas. This could add £100-£200 depending on which visas you need. Russia, China, possibly Mongolia & Belarus.

◾You should budget for at least one night in a hotel in Moscow, £40 upwards depending on how classy a hotel you want.

Assume it is roughly the same price from Beijing to Russia.
cheap flights to Beijing and see the great wall

at least 6 off my bucket list.

Great wall
Russia
trans Siberian express
Mongolia
china
World cup

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Let's see if Putin has waged war on the rest of Europe by then :lol:

-PB

lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

krones3 wrote:
lolitsbigmic wrote:
krones3 wrote:

Did you get off for a stop over in ie Mongolia and back on.

I can't remember the time between trains, think something like 6 days for the trans mongolian and probably ever 3 or say day for the Siberia. I was in Ulaanbaatar during the Naadam festival, kinda like the mongolian olympics. Can't remember the prices sorry. But i would recommend some form of tour. The bejing station is a total mess, the tour group payed people off so the bus could bypass the traffic and get onto the station platform. get there ridiculously early for your train, it can leave at random times and like stops for like 20 minutes for you to get on. Stopped at irkutsk visit lake baikal, also a pretty cool party town as it got a couple of universities. You will have to wait at Ulan-ude if you use the trans mongolian to link up with the siberian. It has got the worst toilet on the planet and you are stuck there for about for 4-5 hours.

its worth doing, you see some different parts of the wall, the gobi desert. mongolia is awesome, people are really nice. its such an odd country, that is the people are nomadic and find it odd living in the same place all the time. Also it will be 25-30 degree in summer. Which is hard to get your head around when your in siberia.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Just buy the tickets direct from the Russian Railways website: ticket.rzd.ru. Much cheaper. I can talk you through that if you want.

I'm in St. Petersburg right now actually, come here once a year, and I catch trains here all the time. I strongly suggest you take a 3rd class platzkart carriage instead of a 2nd class kupe ticketthat you're looking at. Platzkart is open throughout the carriage in groups of six, so it's safer than a 2nd class compartment of four behind a closed door where you don't know who you'll get, and there's always someone who wants to show off their basic English!

I'll actually be catching one tuesday on my way to Moscow, finally time to fly back to Straya just in time for Victory's preseason!

Any more questions, fire away.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

In terms of football culture and infrastructure absolutely Russia can put on a great world cup, but as PB says hopefully Putin hasn't started Modern Warfare 2 by then. Maybe he'll be out of office, who knows.
Axelv
Axelv
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
In terms of football culture and infrastructure absolutely Russia can put on a great world cup, but as PB says hopefully Putin hasn't started Modern Warfare 2 by then. Maybe he'll be out of office, who knows.

:lol:
Griffindinho
Griffindinho
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Brazil hands over WC to Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHGjBdwVbHc
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Not particularly keen on Russia as Putin is so fucking unpredictable with his shit(apart from that I've wanted to go to Moscow and St Petersburg all my life). That all said, I want to go to the world cup I'm sure as shit not going to Qatar though and it's pretty cheap to get there from Europe where i'll be living again by then so i'll be in for that. Probably get Scandinavia and the Baltics in as well on the way.

Viennese Vuck

ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
lol at these people with no idea. it comes with living in hick towns in outback queensland i guess.

Russia will be fine

Edited by ricecrackers: 14/7/2014 09:42:54 PM
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

ricecrackers wrote:
lol at these people with no idea. it comes with living in hick towns in outback queensland i guess.

Russia will be fine

Edited by ricecrackers: 14/7/2014 09:42:54 PM

Obsessed!

EDIT: Ironic that you don't know where the fucking outback is :lol:

-PB

Edited by paulbagzFC: 14/7/2014 09:51:00 PM

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

ricecrackers wrote:

Russia will be fine

Well I lived in Moscow for two years, is that outback Queensland? I'm posting this from St. Petersburg right now.

Vintage.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Free Crimea etc.
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

they're the lucky ones
meanwhile the Kiev puppet regime is carrying out systematic ethnic cleansing in Eastern Ukraine
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

ricecrackers wrote:
they're the lucky ones
meanwhile the Kiev puppet regime is carrying out systematic ethnic cleansing in Eastern Ukraine

Meh let em die. If they don't like it they should move somewhere else.

-PB

ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

typical of average hick morons to support militant islamists launching rockets whilst turning a blind eye to civilised christians being slaughtered by a puppet regime

they're just too dopey to work it out

perhaps they should join the army and experience it first hand
humbert
humbert
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

I welcome the imminent destruction of the Donetsk-Black hundred-Putinist regime. On to Crimea!
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

I remember a time when this forum had mods.
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

no problems in Sochi after all the scare tactics
the only thing you'll need to worry about is islamist terrorists
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Russia will never be westernised

They do however like to exploit lonely and vulnerable people in western countries, with its assortment of "affectonate" girls that are waiting to "hear back from you to marry them"

It would be a hell of a world cup match if Nigeria also qualify and russia and nigeria play a match

The land of the 419 scammers vs the land of the russian brides :lol:
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Doesnt the trans siberian go from Moscow to Vladivostok?

spfc
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

One things certain, if the finals in Moscow history suggests the Germans wont make it:) .
ricecrackers
ricecrackers
Pro

spfc wrote:
One things certain, if the finals in Moscow history suggests the Germans wont make it:) .

nor the French
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search