Introducing the first ever FourFourTwo Forum meet!

Introducing the first ever FourFourTwo Forum meet!

Author
The Web Guy
Inside Sport Staff
Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)

Group: Administrators
From our humble beginnings of launching the forums back in April 2007, we have slowly grown and nurtured into what we have today; a great community full of passionate individuals with a love for football in this country and abroad.

To celebrate this fact, I am pleased to announce the first ever FourFourTwo Forum meet!

What does this mean?
In short, for the first time ever, we will organise a public meeting of forum members where we can all meet and mingle outside of the forums. In addition, some FourFourTwo staff will also make an appearance for you to meet and chat with.

Where? When?
This is where you all come in. Discuss and try to organise a good time/place for the majority of you to meet up (I know there's exams, etc, that are coming up now). One thing that has already been decided, however, is that this first meet will be occuring in Sydney. This doesn't mean that the other states aren't invited of course, you're still free to attend if you can make the trip.

Interested?
Sound awesome? Can't wait? Want to confirm that you're coming right now regardless of date?! Then tell us! The success of this relies on all of YOU. The more people that attend, the greater the party and the greater the fun!

ATTENDEES
The Web Guy (< Late Feb)
aftomanGT (< Feb 10, no Australia Day Weekend)
martyB (possibly < Xmas)

Edited by The Web Guy: 20/11/2008 11:12:37 AM

Edited by The Web Guy: 21/11/2008 08:59:04 AM
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A Socceroo game?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

I suggest some time in January. Because it's too late for me to get any time off work this year and I won't have school then and I'd love to meet some of you out there.
Those of us who know eachother outside of the forums (Guest, marty, imnofreak of the regulards) have talked about this before and think it's a good idea.
Or is that not soon enough for you all?
Quote:
A Socceroo game?

Is there a socceroo game in sydney in january?
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Erebus wrote:
A Socceroo game?
Has the Asian Qualifying draw been released, because isn't the next Sydney WCQ in April or something?
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I don't think the Asian Cup qualifiers have been released. But I think they are indeed in Jan/Feb.

I suggest Socceroo games because it gives more incentive for people to come, rather than an A-League fixture. Plus we won't be at each other's throats before and after the game :lol:

ps I will only come if that G:Lover person shows up. I heard she is a trouble maker and a terrible photographer :twisted:
Paul Hansford
Paul Hansford
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

can I come?
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Sefton Playhouse...

...no? 8-[
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

:lol:

What is it with Sefton? My friends are "suggesting" that place for a few bucks nights we have coming up :lol:
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Erebus wrote:
:lol:

What is it with Sefton? My friends are "suggesting" that place for a few bucks nights we have coming up :lol:

Erebus erebus erebus...dont tell me that you, a westie, has not been to the famous sefton Playhouse. :lol:

Best tittie bar in Sydney...and unlike all the others in Sydney(and i do mean ALL Sydney) its free entry. You'd think its a shady shithole but its not bad standard.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Our next WCQ home game after the Qatar match is on April the 1st.
Although I assume there could be friendlys/Asian Cup games preceeding that.
Anyhow, Im all for it

Erebus
Erebus
Legend

Whats the rules for this thing anyway?

Is it strictly 18+?

Rules out half the members already :twisted:
The Web Guy
The Web Guy
Inside Sport Staff
Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)Inside Sport Staff (550 reputation)

Well that's upto you guys really.

We were thinking before a Socceroos match somewhere, beer for 18+, smoothies for < 18.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
I suggest Socceroo games because it gives more incentive for people to come, rather than an A-League fixture. Plus we won't be at each other's throats before and after the game

:lol: That's what you think ;)
Quote:
ps I will only come if that G:Lover person shows up. I heard she is a trouble maker and a terrible photographer :twisted:

No erebus, she wont' take pictures of your wang.
Quote:
can I come?

*sigh* Oh-Kayy":P
Quote:
Best tittie bar in Sydney...and unlike all the others in Sydney(and i do mean ALL Sydney) its free entry. You'd think its a shady shithole but its not bad standard.

All the kids will feel left out:lol:
Quote:
Our next WCQ home game after the Qatar match is on April the 1st.
Although I assume there could be friendlys/Asian Cup games preceeding that.
Anyhow, Im all for it

There's got to be something before that.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Whats the rules for this thing anyway?

Is it strictly 18+?

That would leave...Me, Guest, Marty, glenn and Erebus out of the regulars. Hardly seems worth it. We'd have to make it underage too.
Quote:
We were thinking before a Socceroos match somewhere, beer for 18+, smoothies for < 18.

And then after a socceroo match somewhere. Beer for 18+, bed for <18 :P
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro

afromanGT wrote:
That would leave...Me, Guest, Marty, glenn and Erebus out of the regulars. Hardly seems worth it. We'd have to make it underage too.

Im +18 too(yeah i know it sound lame but f@ck you) and isnt mk?
The Web Guy
The Web Guy
Inside Sport Staff

I thought mk was around 12?
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

I am 18 too. I think there's quite a few of us over 18, but really we'd want everyone possible to be able to go wouldn't we?
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro

Nico wrote:
I am 18 too. I think there's quite a few of us over 18, but really we'd want everyone possible to be able to go wouldn't we?

BLYTH!!!](*,)
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Im +18 too(yeah i know it sound lame but f@ck you) and isnt mk?

No, mk isn't. He's about ~14.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
And then after a socceroo match somewhere. Beer for 18+, bed for <18 :P

I :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:

Yeah, that would be the idea.
Quote:
BLYTH!!!](*,)

Nah, I dont' want to have it at the Zoo, and do you really want to spend your afternoon before the game passing bananas through the bars in his cage??
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Im underage and from Melbourne so yeah. Rules me out. If I was of age and from sydney i still wouldnt have gone anyway. To much water under the bridge. :P I asked for this yesterday, will it be in the magazine? Why are the big boys coming? Can someone kiss PH's scone for me ALA Sarkies/John Howard?
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Blyth is from Newcastle. I have a sneaky suspicion hes in aus though atm.
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro

mk0825 wrote:
Blyth is from Newcastle. I have a sneaky suspicion hes in aus though atm.

He's apparently originally from Newcastle but lives on the GC(you obviously wernt around for the shit fight today in Extra Time)
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Im underage and from Melbourne so yeah. Rules me out.

Mummy and daddy won't let you fly alone?? Or you don't want to have to sit up the back of the plane with all the other kids and colour in place-mats?:lol:
Quote:
He's apparently originally from Newcastle but lives on the GC(you obviously wernt around for the shit fight today in Extra Time)

That was fucking hillarious wasn't it?
"The port of Blyth dates from the 12th century, but the development of the modern town only began in the first quarter of the 18th century."...and it hasn't changed since...
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

afro, because your leading the post count, you have to make at least a ten minute speech.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

Just read a random page from the Lounge thread. Or recite one of Blythes posts :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
afro, because your leading the post count, you have to make at least a ten minute speech.

I dunno that you want to listen to me for that long. But shouldnt' it be Erebus coz he's been on here the longest and he's seen everybody come and go?
Quote:
ust read a random page from the Lounge thread.

:lol:that would be interesting.

HailtheCelts
HailtheCelts
Rising Star
Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

I dunno that you want to listen to me for that long. But shouldnt' it be Erebus coz he's been on here the longest and he's seen everybody come and go?
Quote:
ust read a random page from the Lounge thread.

:lol:that would be interesting.

Have you ever tried to read through that thing.. I got tot the first post.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Have you ever tried to read through that thing.. I got tot the first post.

I don't need to. I've posted on just about every page so I know how bad it is :lol: There's some stuff in there that's interesting and some total bollocks. Last night there were 3 pages about the economic downturn...it's the most intellectual conversation ever to take place in the Lounge.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search