What position does everyone play? And what's your best playing memory/achievement?

What position does everyone play? And what's your best playing...

Author
Tom Rogics Foot
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
When I was a kid I always wanted to be the next warnie (minus the beer gut) so I'd practice spin bowling for hours, in a school match I got 8/27 once, as I grew older and taller (I'm 6'7) I couldn't spin bowl aswell, my goalkeeper skills in football translated across and I played as a wicket keeper, with the bat I'm pretty useless, about a year or two ago I was playing Sunday league in Holland and my average was about 22-25.

However, I did get 91* and 57* in one match, in the next match I got 8 and a duck! Haha

I'd love to hear everyone's stories, did you ever win the match for your local team etc??
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
In grade 6 I had a batting average of 0 for the whole season batting at number eleven.

I was a pace bowler who didn't get many overs in high school teams, with a batting average that didn't improve much from grade 6! 
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Tom Rogics Foot
Tom Rogics Foot
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

Decentric - 2 Sep 2017 12:56 PM
In grade 6 I had a batting average of 0 for the whole season batting at number eleven.

I was bowler who don't get many overs at high school, with a batting average that didn't improve much! 

Fast bowler or spinner? I remember in my first game batting I was so worried about getting stumped for some reason. That I'd swing early and slam my bat down safely. 

Needless to say, I got bowled out
Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I took up cricket when I was ten but it took me about two years to figure out how to play properly. I was always tall for my age (today I'm 6'5) but I just didn't have the strength to bowl fast.

Luckily when I was about 11 my team's coach (who came from India) was a leg spin bowler. He taught me how to bowl leg spin and I tried that for a few years. When I was about 12 I switched over to offspin and immediately it felt natural so I kept doing it.

I played right through school, played mainly in B teams, captained a bit and ended up in the 2nd grade squad for a few games. When I played in lower grade teams I used to open the batting, but was more of someone who tried to occupy the crease. I stopped playing through uni when I had other stuff on but took it up again when I finished. I've played for the last eight years.

Favourite moment was probably winning a premiership with my team 2 years ago and winning the team bowling award. I also scored 87 once opening the batting after my school left me out of the 2nd XI squad - they put me back in quick smart!
Edited
7 Years Ago by Lastbroadcast
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Wasn't much good at anything. I'm mainly a park/backyard cricketer as I wasn't good enough for a competitive team.
Tom Rogics Foot
Tom Rogics Foot
Amateur

Keyboard Warrior - 7 Sep 2017 7:37 AM
Wasn't much good at anything. I'm mainly a park/backyard cricketer as I wasn't good enough for a competitive team.

Backyard cricket is the only time I ever scored a century as a kid, however it would be a 20/20 players nightmare with the 6 and out rule
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search