World Cup Ticketing

World Cup Ticketing

Author
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Anyone applying for the first round? 

Wouldn't mind a small 442 meetup/hangout in Russia. Will be my 3rd trip there. 

Probably keep this thread for ticketing discussion. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by JonoMV
Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/index.html

I am a low probability of making the trip at this stage.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Glh37
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

I had assumed that tickets would go on sale after the draw in December but thanks to you for posting this I got my application in for phase 1. Which I assume has a very good chance of being successful.

Importantly if you buy a team ticket and that team does not qualify you get a refund (minus $10). I was also worried about putting in guest information for someone who might not come, when the policy for changing the guest has not been finalised. However going by the policy for the Confederations Cup at the same venues it will not be a drama.

This increases my already high desperation for the Socceroos to qualify...

Edited
7 Years Ago by Bitedge
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

i was just looking at the ticketing and i came across this...

https://www.fan-id.ru/

If you are successful in obtaining match tickets in Russia, you can apply for a fan ID card. This means you don’t need to apply for a visa, you can use it to get into stadiums and live sites as well as free public transport between host cities and free public transport in host cities on match days. this is absolutely sensational.

Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 5 Oct 2017 2:33 PM
i was just looking at the ticketing and i came across this...

https://www.fan-id.ru/

If you are successful in obtaining match tickets in Russia, you can apply for a fan ID card. This means you don’t need to apply for a visa, you can use it to get into stadiums and live sites as well as free public transport between host cities and free public transport in host cities on match days. this is absolutely sensational.

I did not realise it removes the need for a visa, that is nice.

It's not that you can apply for a fan ID. You must get a fan ID to get into any stadium. 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

my credit card was debited $720 by FIFA. looks like I was successful for both games i applied for (2 games in Moscow on June 19 and 20). Still awaiting confirmation though. 
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 27 Oct 2017 10:40 AM
my credit card was debited $720 by FIFA. looks like I was successful for both games i applied for (2 games in Moscow on June 19 and 20). Still awaiting confirmation though. 

Yep, same here but games in St pete. Will wait for actual draw to grab other tix
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

JonoMV - 7 Nov 2017 7:57 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 27 Oct 2017 10:40 AM

Yep, same here but games in St pete. Will wait for actual draw to grab other tix

me too. seems unlikely it will be difficult getting tix for other games
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Bitedge - 7 Oct 2017 12:56 AM
Feed_The_Brox - 5 Oct 2017 2:33 PM

I did not realise it removes the need for a visa, that is nice.

It's not that you can apply for a fan ID. You must get a fan ID to get into any stadium. 

Yep, the system worked reasonably well in the Confeds Cup.
Catfield
Catfield
Weekender
Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)

Has anyone been successful with Australian TSTs? Our application is still "pending" and I'm getting increasingly nervous.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

Catfield - 12 Nov 2017 7:08 PM
Has anyone been successful with Australian TSTs? Our application is still "pending" and I'm getting increasingly nervous.

i didn't apply for TST, but wouldn't you have to wait to know until after we qualify?

has your credit card been debited? mine was debited about 10 days before I received official confirmation from FIFA. 
Catfield
Catfield
Weekender
Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 13 Nov 2017 9:04 AM
Catfield - 12 Nov 2017 7:08 PM

i didn't apply for TST, but wouldn't you have to wait to know until after we qualify?

has your credit card been debited? mine was debited about 10 days before I received official confirmation from FIFA. 

No debit as yet. As for the qualification, it was my understanding reading the rules and regs that the allocations happen before qualification and if your side does not make it, you get a refund minus a $US10 processing fee.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

Catfield - 13 Nov 2017 9:21 AM
Feed_The_Brox - 13 Nov 2017 9:04 AM

No debit as yet. As for the qualification, it was my understanding reading the rules and regs that the allocations happen before qualification and if your side does not make it, you get a refund minus a $US10 processing fee.

OK. you would probably be more knowledgeable on the topic compared to me, so I believe you. But don't stress, it was only the first phase of ticketing and there will be ample opportunity to get the tickets you want. the demand for tickets are way down compared to Brazil. Even less so knowing some of the big teams (like Italy and the Netherlands) failed to qualify.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Feed_The_Brox
Podiacide
Podiacide
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 14 Nov 2017 9:22 AM
Catfield - 13 Nov 2017 9:21 AM

OK. you would probably be more knowledgeable on the topic compared to me, so I believe you. But don't stress, it was only the first phase of ticketing and there will be ample opportunity to get the tickets you want. the demand for tickets are way down compared to Brazil. Even less so knowing some of the big teams (like Italy and the Netherlands) failed to qualify.

I just got a knockback for the first round of tickets. And we got the email today which is a day after the 2nd round closed so we have to wait until post Draw now.

Pretty devastated, hopefully we get tickets somehow in the future draws.

Honestly been planning this trip for 5 years, me and my best mate have our 40th's next year, we've already hired a van for the roadtrip and his wife let him have 3 weeks off (and I have a thing for Russian women). So I'm going regardless.

Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan

Podiacide - 29 Nov 2017 3:11 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 14 Nov 2017 9:22 AM

and I have a thing for Russian women

The WC would be the worst time to go in that regard. There will be an influx of hundreds of thousands more men than women, a lot like you.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search