FFA hiking Kids Fees just after World Cup only Breaks Even

FFA hiking Kids Fees just after World Cup only Breaks Even

Author
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
What the real question is how much the State Federations are charging the various grassroots & elite clubs to even exist.  
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I'd suggest some of you get on your local clubs committee and start to make changes. Most always need more help, I continually get pulled back in because no one at the club puts their hands up (this year I am on the senior committee, coaching seniors, coaching juniors, rewriting the constitution for the seniors and juniors, and pretty much helping out when needed). Ideally I'd only want to do one or two of those things, but no one else puts up their hand.

Also don't expect drastic changes, it can be deflating, I've tried for years to get the juniors to agree to me organising a coffee van for match days ... but they just don't want to know about it (costs nothing to the club and van donates 10% of sales, and the club don't sell coffees themselves atm). You'll find many of these clubs are resistant to change (been the same people on the committees for many years) ... this is because a lot of the time no one else puts their hands up (bit of a Catch 22 that they don't see here, because they are resistant to change the only people that put their hands up are those that are happy with the old guard or not rocking the boat). But I've found slowly slowly you can bring change, and it helps to bring others with you into the fold to slowly phase out the "old guard" (or at least those that are past their prime).
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 4 Jul 2018 11:12 AM
What the real question is how much the State Federations are charging the various grassroots & elite clubs to even exist.  

Ask your club ... if they are an open and transparent club they shouldn't have a problem telling you this.

To an extent the States take a portion of your registration fees. The club will also be charged an administration fee for competing in their comps (this may differ depending on the level you play ... also may be a local association fee instead of State for competitions, whereas State may only take an admin fee). Our juniors who fall under a local association pulled out of their affiliation with the State Fed because for the costs there was no benefit (they were meant to provide training opportunities etc. but because we are not Perth based they largely ignored us, and our local association picked up the slack ... so pay them instead).

Again if you feel the club isn't getting value for money it is worth letting the State Fed know your issues ... surprising how much communication can change matters (think of Shawshank Redemption and his library ... not that far fetched, and a local club has media releases, members, community, sponsors, children etc. who can support their cause).
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I narked up to the hikes (no matter how small or large) because in principle the powers above are not doing their job well !
Just like local Gov/Fed, just pass on the increase's to the sheep !
IF they did do their job well most supporters wouldn't bat an eyelid dipping in their pockets that little bit more for your seeing either good changes implemented/go forward/and or even just to help out a cause.

I'm involved with my local grassroots club.
I've paid fees for yonks without a worry for the passion of playing.
I know our Pres/Treasurer and Committee all of them.
As a player group we support our club at fund raisers and whatever else if reached out.
Our Club put out to all Members any interest in Sponsoring the Club or even your Team some years ago due to difficulties - I have contributed to both for the last 5yrs ongoing.
My sons Rep Club - I also sponser their team And offer more to the club for Fund raising/Club BBQ's/presentations........

I'm not alone thats is for sure and kudos to all those even more devoted followers than me giving their time and very happy doing so for the love of the game in their backyard BUT when I have idiots above who should be doing their best for our Game overall I have a problem regards to raising fees etcetcetc......

Love Football

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Paul01 - 3 Jul 2018 4:03 PM
johnszasz - 3 Jul 2018 3:39 PM

Grassroots clubs are not about making a profit. Biggest costs are insurance (and this should be cheaper considering how much safer our game is generally) and ground hire/maintenance/lighting for the kids. Most clubs put on a end of season function and provide trophies for participation plus a small gift of some kind like a backpack.
For adults, the added provision for red cards and any tribunal costs.

Can't speak for NPL clubs but have heard rumours that a significant portion the junior fees are funnelled up to the senior teams to pay for coaches AND players.

Can confirm that this is true for a lot of clubs, but bashing the FFA is more enjoyable (or instinctive) for some

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Two of the most powerful state federations in Australian soccer are seeking clarification over the controversial decision to increase registration fees at grassroots level to provide extra funding for national representative programs.

Football NSW and Football Federation Victoria have written to Football Federation Australia asking for more information following revelations in The Australian yesterday that the sport’s head body has increased their take of registration fees from $12.60 to $14 for juniors and $25 to $33 for seniors.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/state-federations-fire-up-over-ffa-registration-fee-hike/news-story/54962cc977921146c4435c76b8c904da

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

A Senate enquiry is warranted. $1.40 increase will send people bankrupt.

In a resort somewhere

Freaken
Freaken
Super Fan
Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)

paulc - 4 Jul 2018 1:09 PM

No, its not $1.40.

Its $14 or $33. Money the FFA shouldn't need nor ask for. Its become a bureacracy.

This levy used to be $5 and was implemented back when the head admin was almost bankrupt...for only a short term.

For the FFA, its become a source of revenue. Why are players coughing up for both state and federal "taxes"?

Its gouging straight up or their largesses.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

paulc - 4 Jul 2018 1:09 PM

Its not often i agree with you, but it is the first rise since 2013 and I cant recall people congratulating FFA the other years fees weren't increased, people need to get a grip!

Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

The whole situation has become so sad I'm crying and there seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search