Exodus of 442/Inside Sport members to other forums

Exodus of 442/Inside Sport members to other forums

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
A few of us who post in  one section of the forum outside football, have moved to another forum - en masse. I've posted here  for 13  years.

Many of these guys have had no contact with 442 football, and think of the forum as Inside Sport, not 442. They weren't happy with the behaviour of one person in a section. He didn't worry me, except he was ridiculously rude to some  good and civil posters, who I've since met off forum.

With no mod interested in the particular sport ( Joffa said he was going to join us , but hasn't been seen since),  posters who have come from elsewhere have found our forum very lax in terms of moderation, but have really enjoyed the freedom.

Now I've moved with them after they invited me to join them in another forum to discuss the same sport, and another forum as well to discuss it, I really like the way in this forum, that people can start threads without really strict  guidelines.

In two new forums, mods are always pedantically  stopping threads and suggesting the topic should be discussed in another main thread. Not so on 442/Inside Sport. Not being so prescriptive is a good quality.

In the new forums mods also chastise people if they post three comments in a row - even if they've cut and pasted others' comments and responded specifically to them. Again this is  good  that 442 mods don't do this.

On the other hand, I think that trolling  on 442 has reached new lows  - particularly when I compare to to the tow new forums I participate in.

In one 442 thread  one long term poster complained to mods that two posters were simply trolling and mocking the thread topic and Australian football in general. I agree with him. Two mods responded  it was best to ignore the trolls. I disagree.

There are so many cynics who post on here at this point in time, who mock Australian football, in these other new forums I now participate in, similar posts would've been deleted by mods. This used to happen on 442 in the past.

The mods in these new forums do a lot more active deletion of  trolling posts, personal attacks or posts that are off topic.

It seems to me, that the only 442 mods who are still active are  Stifler's Mom, Paladisious and Bowden.

Benjamin, PV4, Joffa and McJules have virtually disappeared from 442 and seem virtually inactive these days - even though all have probably done a good job when they were active. If they have left and lost interest in 442/Inside Sport, shouldn't they be replaced?

Also Kevin Airs used to do a bit of moderating. Where is he?

It seems to me, Admin need to appoint about 4 -5 new mods, who are actually keen to clean out the cynical trolls who have an agenda to mock and destroy Australian football - and - soon this forum. I've seen another forum destroyed when a critical mass of cynics have been able to post gratuitously. 

How about appointing  some keen new mods, who are still active on 442, as the others seem to be virtually inactive or disinterested in doing what mods used to do in erasing inappropriate comments and moderating the forum.

Appoint the likes of Bundoorah Brah, Gyfox, Grazorblade, Quickflick (is he still active?) or even newer poster Melb City Guy, who posts positive and constructive thread topics - if these guys are interested in the mod job. They can assist,  or even take over from the older mods, who seem jaded.

I'm trying  to persuade  others to come back eventually  as this is easily the best forum set up for this particular  sport. They won't come back until the obnoxious poster disappears  or/and a mod becomes  active in the section. I also don't want to see a scenario where a mod has to visit a section he isn't interested in though.

We need  some more, active new mods to preserve the forum and to stop exoduses.

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Benjamin is still active on the forum, posts a bit

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

good overall post D.
I agree 442 needs some new mods, its getting thin.
Also the pestering multis need to be deleted.

Love Football

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Definitely agree Decentric, I like to discuss Australian football but come on here less often and am normally reluctant to post because of vitriolic attacks if you don't conform to an accepted viewpoint i.e. promotion relegation or that Wellington Phoenix should exist. There is an extreme amount of trolling that goes on and it drives away good faith posters and makes the discussion far worse. Too many posters attack the man and not the argument.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Are you MelbCityGuy also Decentric?  
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Farking hell.  Don't like it? Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

The forum is 100 times better than it used to be with the shitposting of crap memes, quote pyramids and the multitude of multis only a few years ago.  All of that has pretty much stopped.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
thewitness
thewitness
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Goodbye Forum. I don’t have the time anymore to wade through the pages of human vomit to find the constructive and engaging posts anymore. The number of posters with the intelligence and social skills of a squashed snail now so far out weigh the people who have even the remotest clue of what they are on about, it’s just not worth it. There are much more useful ways and places for me to discuss football’s pleasures and woes, this place is now so clogged with rubbish. It’s a shame as this place over the years had been a good source of information, but it is now so time consuming to filter the good through the detritus.
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

thewitness - 1 Jun 2019 10:30 AM
Goodbye Forum. I don’t have the time anymore to wade through the pages of human vomit to find the constructive and engaging posts anymore. The number of posters with the intelligence and social skills of a squashed snail now so far out weigh the people who have even the remotest clue of what they are on about, it’s just not worth it. There are much more useful ways and places for me to discuss football’s pleasures and woes, this place is now so clogged with rubbish. It’s a shame as this place over the years had been a good source of information, but it is now so time consuming to filter the good through the detritus.

Thanks for that, "The Witness".

Goodbye,

I never realised this forum was that bad. Thanks for pointing it out. Perhaps you are thinking of another forum?

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Mmmm, I'm sorry to see a couple of good members posting above as such.

Love Football

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

LFC. - 3 Jun 2019 9:47 AM
Mmmm, I'm sorry to see a couple of good members posting above as such.

Why? Who do you think "The Witness" is?

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Kevin Airs has appointed Decentric and I as moderators with a focus on stamping out gender based insults, off topic arguments and personal attacks.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

The constant shitflinging between posters is the only thing keeping the forum alive tbh
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 3 Jun 2019 8:57 PM
Kevin Airs has appointed Decentric and I as moderators with a focus on stamping out gender based insults, off topic arguments and personal attacks.

So the lunatics are running the asylum? Absolutely brilliant
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

433 - 3 Jun 2019 10:42 PM
JoyfulPenguin - 3 Jun 2019 8:57 PM

So the lunatics are running the asylum? Absolutely brilliant

If you disagree with his decision I am sure he would talk to you on Twitter.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Congrats joyful.  I'm sure you're going to do a great job. 

Looking forward to Decentric moderating himself though, gonna be some absolute #scenes

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

jlm8695 - 3 Jun 2019 10:57 PM
Congrats joyful.  I'm sure you're going to do a great job. 

Looking forward to Decentric moderating himself though, gonna be some absolute #scenes

Thanks mate! I'm a lawyer by profession so hopefully that holds me in good stead.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

localstar - 3 Jun 2019 3:12 PM
LFC. - 3 Jun 2019 9:47 AM

Why? Who do you think "The Witness" is?

localstar, I don't know who's who in here at the best of times barring a few exceptions.
I don't bother spending my little time in here trying to work out x poster is actually this poster, check their account or ip..
All this multi crap I wonder what kicks those involved get out of it taking genuine posters for a ride thinking they are smart.
All they are doing is thinning out people who wish to participate as we have seen over the years.
I don't blame the deserters having had enough.

Good on you Joyful, I don't know what to make out re D, the amount of baggage posted up by others about him makes you wonder wtf I just don't know what/who to believe.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 31 May 2019 12:30 PM
Are you MelbCityGuy also Decentric?  

no I'm not decentric 
localstar
localstar
Pro

Strange that a disruptive influence to the forum like decentric has been made a moderator.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

LFC. - 4 Jun 2019 10:52 AM

localstar, I don't know who's who in here at the best of times barring a few exceptions.
I don't bother spending my little time in here trying to work out x poster is actually this poster, check their account or ip..
All this multi crap I wonder what kicks those involved get out of it taking genuine posters for a ride thinking they are smart.
All they are doing is thinning out people who wish to participate as we have seen over the years.
I don't blame the deserters having had enough.

Good on you Joyful, I don't know what to make out re D, the amount of baggage posted up by others about him makes you wonder wtf I just don't know what/who to believe.

There have been a phenomenal number of lies told about  me in recent times , or rumours that repeated often enough have become false axioms.

I will resurrect the cricket section in terms of a moderator.

Plenty of good folk have shot through. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

JoyfulPenguin - 3 Jun 2019 11:13 PM
jlm8695 - 3 Jun 2019 10:57 PM

Thanks mate! I'm a lawyer by profession so hopefully that holds me in good stead.

Congrats, Joyful P in being appointed mod.

I thought you were joking about  us being appointed mods, until I saw my PM!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

LFC. - 27 May 2019 12:59 PM
good overall post D.
I agree 442 needs some new mods, its getting thin.
Also the pestering multis need to be deleted.

I'm not sure who the multis are yet?

I've been falsely accused of being many multis. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

JoyfulPenguin - 28 May 2019 10:45 AM
Definitely agree Decentric, I like to discuss Australian football but come on here less often and am normally reluctant to post because of vitriolic attacks if you don't conform to an accepted viewpoint i.e. promotion relegation or that Wellington Phoenix should exist. There is an extreme amount of trolling that goes on and it drives away good faith posters and makes the discussion far worse. Too many posters attack the man and not the argument.

I'm going to be flat out at the chalkface for the next three days, but  after I intend to delete posts from guys deliberately  derailing threads started by guys with good intentions posting constructive football and cricket content.

I think it is important to welcome new members to 442. We don't know whether they are genuine or not, but I'm going to be positive about new posters. I've been livid about a couple of posters  suggesting I'm multis of about 20 posters who aren't me. 

I've seen The World Game and another forum reach a point of no return, which 442 could be heading for.

Some trolls who never start any threads themselves , but try and intimidate others by derailing constructive threads are in my sights. It seems as though Joyful P feels the same.

We should also see the installation of a  couple more Mods I've recommended in recent times too.

Those few I've muted can start with a clean slate. If they abide by the 442 rules I look forward to some constructive future interaction with them.

Also, I urge 442 members  to try and recruit more football and cricket posters to this forum. Having posted away for a while, on other  cricket forums, and weight training forums, there is a refreshing freedom to start threads here.

I've also been flat out with the federal election campaign and a subsequent intra-union crisis.   

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

LFC. - 4 Jun 2019 10:52 AM

If you have observed posts entered by me, you know I have ownership of them. They are bona fide posts I've made.

If you read what a few allege I've said and done, it is different. It is difficult to verify their veracity on the internet.

Based on advice from another Mod I muted a couple of stalkers on 442 for a few years. What occurred in that time is a few perpetrated rumours, which left unchallenged, and reiterated  became false axioms.

Judge me on posts and threads made by Decentric, and moderating done by me, not what other posters allege.

I'm a Moderator on a huge teaching forum in my home state, where real names are used.  

A few days ago I won an award  for being a member of an altruistic group within the Aus Union Movement.

I  have also passed constant  general police checks for Teacher Registration , and, even more stringent checks ones for Working With Vulnerable Children over the last 30 odd years.

I'm not sure many participants on this forum would exceed the aforementioned character references  for teaching and football  ? It does not matter,  except to clarify some issues with a few punters making some slanderous allegations.   
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

thewitness - 1 Jun 2019 10:30 AM

Hang around, The Witness.

I'm busy over the next few days, teaching.

I won't have a lot of time until the weekend, but I've already deleted a number of posts for:

1. Trolling,  with a cynical intent to derail threads.

2. Slander.

3. Attacking the man, not the ball.

4. Off topic comments.

5. Spam

All these actions are within KA's forum guidelines. I intend to fine tune many of these, extrapolating methodology from my profession  in order to become  very consistent. A few posters here previously complained they had been banned and didn't know why.

I intend to provide feedback in this section if other Mods agree. I also am going to define which behaviours have specific consequences.

If transgressors are warned, and in extreme cases  banned, I want it to be a very consistent process of consequences from the Mod panel.

Pleasingly, I've seen a  number of threads with posters like Gyfox, Kaufusi,  Melb City Guy and Muz, amongst many others, discuss football constructively. 

Essentially, we want as many participants as possible to expand the forum. 

Hopefully, we will change the forum behaviour of some recidivist transgressors hoping they will stay and post more constructively.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Why did you delete my thread?
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

And my comments?

This is the FEEDBACK thread.  

Member since 2008.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Oh yikes, The Witness hasn't posted in a week but is reading the thread at the exact same time Decentric posted. 

I hope he can be convinced to stay!
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Hello WanderersFan. 

I see you haven't been active in over 5 months and have never made a post but are also having a cheeky peruse. 

Welcome to the forum, feel free to PM me if you want someone to show you the ropes! I look forward to you posting shortly. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

jlm8695 - 5 Jun 2019 4:40 PM
Oh yikes, The Witness hasn't posted in a week but is reading the thread at the exact same time Decentric posted. 

I hope he can be convinced to stay!

JLM

I've never had any issue with you.

I practically left this forum after reading incessant lies posted about me. 

With Mods having no recourse to IP adresses, it is impossible to verify who is who.

I will take a harder line on posts constantly slandering who is ostensibly who in Cricket and Football sections. These have derailed constructive  threads, and, some people I know off forum, have left. We've also lost the one of Australia's top football coaches who will not post in the football section, because of frequent attacks that he was my multi. It is our loss. 

There is a light hearted thread in Extra Time,where there is Multi Speculation. Moreover, Multi Speculation should be confined to that specific thread , not constantly being spilled over to the wider forum that are sports orientated, derailing content. 

That is what it is - speculation.

I, and  a multitude of people, some who I've met face to face, are fed up with being accused of being others we are not. We've lost almost an entire Cricket section to other forums. I hope to resurrect it ASAP.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search