Your opinion on the forum regards moderation

Poll

20.51% - 8 votes Forum needs more moderation
20.51% 8 votes
48.72% - 19 votes Forum needs less moderation
48.72% 19 votes
30.77% - 12 votes Moderation is about right.
30.77% 12 votes
Member Votes: 39, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
In the feedback thread a new mod is throwing his weight around with unsubstantiated statistics.  He is using these statistics to mould the forum in his own image.   

Please answer honestly and lets see once and for all.

Posted in AF for the greatest number of views.  I would ask mods to please respect the views of the forum posters.  This is, after all, not China.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

This poll won't work if people don't vote.  25 views and only one vote.

Your voice matters.  Please vote.

Member since 2008.

Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

Don't even know who the mods are
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The moderation team needs a populist voice representing the voice of the common people who are being terrorized by social elites hell-bent on a globalist agenda. I eagerly await the moderation offer. 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

I think we need slightly more moderation to ban the really obvious troll multis like mouflonrouge for example but other than that, the amount of moderation was as fine as it was.

Also the women bashing stuff that was posted should never have been tolerated but I don't think that kind of stuff is usually tolerated anyway.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

i rekn its just about right, but obviously doesn't have no overarching rules of how to moderate.

I think the mods should get together and agree to one specific set of rules about what is and isn't appropriate and what forms of punishment should be used.

1. swearing, abuse
2. topics/posts, what is and isn't appropriate for the forum/sub-forums

Modes should be there to make the forum fun and come up with ideas to get ppls attention. (this is so easy to do but obviously fallen by the wayside in Aussie culture ) Pass the parcel, muscial chairs u get my gist . comps/games/end of year christmas shit/ birthdays

All this needs to be done by admin not anyone else. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by highkick05
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Where is this thread of a mod throwing his weight around with statistics? Lol. I’ve been absent so no idea who it is.

We’ve had a mod that IMO was immature but generated controversy and interest, another mod that was so biased towards his team that he censured others, and another mod who tried to pursued others a certain club had to be added to the A-League. There were others with peculiarities and self interests I’m sure.

But to pick on someone for generating stats would have to be the biggest joke of them all. They’re all human and generally doing a good job. Leave them alone.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
5 Years Ago by paulc
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
We're all happy to receive feedback but the feedback forum is the appropriate place for it. 

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Muz
Muz
Legend

mcjules - 10 Jun 2019 7:24 PM
We're all happy to receive feedback but the feedback forum is the appropriate place for it. 

No one browses this part of the forum McJules.  Decentric has justified his behaviour based on a thread in AF.

Although technically correct you must know that far more views will be captured in AF then here.  And after all isn't that how you get accurate statisics?  Cast the widest net possible?  

Lets see the stats and the cards can fall where they may.

Member since 2008.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Great work Muz, below is an appropriate reflection of where this forum is heading

1984 by George Orwell

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.”

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

sub007 - 10 Jun 2019 6:57 PM
I think we need slightly more moderation to ban the really obvious troll multis like mouflonrouge for example but other than that, the amount of moderation was as fine as it was.

Also the women bashing stuff that was posted should never have been tolerated but I don't think that kind of stuff is usually tolerated anyway.

This is absolutely ludicrous.

I haven't trolled anyone in my entire existence here and ALWAYS treat people with respect.

What you are asking for is one rule for yourself and another rule for others you don't like.

PATHETIC!

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 10 Jun 2019 10:14 PM

I haven't trolled anyone in my entire existence here and ALWAYS treat people with respect.

What you are asking for is one rule for yourself and another rule for others you don't like.

PATHETIC!

😂😂😂sure you havent.i find it strange the people who like decentric's  modding  are you and Paul c .
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

PATHETIC!

No I'm not.

No one likes an obvious troll multi and most posters on here don't seem to like them either. You have a reputation of being a troll multi and you troll in nearly every thread you post in while offering nothing useful to the forum whatsoever.

I think most people would like to see you banned tbh.
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

PATHETIC!

disagreeing with the correct opinion (as defined by certain mods) is now a crime on this forum. as is being facetious. it like 1984 here now

sub007
sub007
World Class

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Jun 2019 10:19 PM

😂😂😂sure you havent.i find it strange the people who like decentric's  modding  are you and Paul c .

I think he uses it as bait tbh.
AJF
AJF
Pro

sub007 - 10 Jun 2019 10:23 PM

No I'm not.

No one likes an obvious troll multi and most posters on here don't seem to like them either. You have a reputation of being a troll multi and you troll in nearly every thread you post in while offering nothing useful to the forum whatsoever.

Speak for yourself, but I dont want him or anyone else banned. What a boring place this would be if people weren't allowed to express their opinions

AJF
AJF
Pro

@Muz, you may need one of these in case people try to rig the vote

Image result for multi meter

sub007
sub007
World Class

AJF - 10 Jun 2019 10:26 PM

Speak for yourself, but I dont want him or anyone else banned. What a boring place this would be if people weren't allowed to express their opinions

I'm all for people expressing their opinions but I'm not for obvious multi trolls who derail threads and offer nothing to the forum whatsoever.
AJF
AJF
Pro

sub007 - 10 Jun 2019 10:30 PM
AJF - 10 Jun 2019 10:26 PM

I'm all for people expressing their opinions but I'm not for obvious multi trolls who derail threads and offer nothing to the forum whatsoever.

thats your opinion, others may disagree and believe you dont add anything to the forum, who gets to decide who is right?

sub007
sub007
World Class

AJF - 10 Jun 2019 10:34 PM
sub007 - 10 Jun 2019 10:30 PM

thats your opinion, others may disagree and believe you dont add anything to the forum, who gets to decide who is right?

Have a vote. 

If a majority of posters think someone is an obvious multi troll, then the mods should ban said poster.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
AJF
AJF
Pro

sub007 - 10 Jun 2019 10:36 PM

The majority of posters.

so people can post what they like so long as it is in alignment with the thoughts of the majority?

AJF
AJF
Pro

Have a vote. 

If a majority of posters think someone is an obvious multi troll, then the mods should ban said poster.

so now we will have FFT Forum Survivor, where people form alliances and vote posters out, yep that really sounds like the sort of place people would want to engage with.

sub007
sub007
World Class

AJF - 10 Jun 2019 10:42 PM

so now we will have FFT Forum Survivor, where people form alliances and vote posters out, yep that really sounds like the sort of place people would want to engage with.

I don't think it will end up like survivor because a majority of posters have to agree. Their aren't any regular posters, who seem to be universally hated bar one who recently became a mod and even then I doubt a majority would want him banned.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 10 Jun 2019 10:19 PM

I can only go by what I see and what I see is the same culprits and shit stirrers making the same ludicrous accusations against certain individuals.

Decentric hasn't done anything to me and yet I have heard of accusations. I can't say either way other than I will not condemn an individual without solid evidence and so far you guys do not inspire me with confidence.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

No I'm not.

What gives you the right to speak on behalf of most people?

I literally have done nothing at all against any posters here and will continue to treat posters with respect and that includes people I disagree with. I don't insult people or bait them or troll them. I just post my thoughts and not in an offensive manner.

I do not believe most people want me banned, Only you do because you are an immature person. On top of that maybe 1 or 2 other forumers but that is their issue.

What makes you think I need to offer anything to the forum? The only thing I can offer are my own opinions and views. That is what a forum is all about after all. It wouldn't really be a forum if there were not any forumers with different viewpoints and in fact I will put it to you that it is posters like you who are poisoning the forum for trying to get people banned. I have not tried to get anyone banned, but in the end, whatever makes you happy I guess.

In addition, your suggestion in having a popular vote is just purely stupid. People's views should not be subject to a popularity contest.

Edited
5 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

AJF - 10 Jun 2019 10:23 PM

disagreeing with the correct opinion (as defined by certain mods) is now a crime on this forum. as is being facetious. it like 1984 here now

It certainly seems to be the case.

We need to have some clear cut rules on this forum.

sub007
sub007
World Class

mouflonrouge - 10 Jun 2019 11:34 PM

What gives you the right to speak on behalf of most people?

I literally have done nothing at all against any posters here and will continue to treat posters with respect and that includes people I disagree with. I don't insult people or bait them or troll them. I just post my thoughts and not in an offensive manner.

I do not believe most people want me banned, Only you do because you are an immature person. On top of that maybe 1 or 2 other forumers but that is their issue.

What makes you think I need to offer anything to the forum? The only thing I can offer are my own opinions and views. That is what a forum is all about after all. It wouldn't really be a forum if there were not any forumers with different viewpoints and in fact I will put it to you that it is posters like you who are poisoning the forum for trying to get people banned. I have not tried to get anyone banned, but in the end, whatever makes you happy I guess.

In addition, your suggestion in having a popular vote is just purely stupid. People's views should not be subject to a popularity contest.

What gives you the right to speak on behalf of most people”

I’m not speaking on the behalf of most people. It was an assumption based on the fact that I have seen at least half a dozen posters if not more complain about you because you troll, bait, derail threads and it is impossible for anyone to have a proper debate with you because you simply ignore stats or facts which backup opposing views or claim they are somehow invalid or you deflect by making another outlandish claim which has no evidence backing it up whatsoever or just straight up insult them by calling them simple or dumb.

“Only you do because you an an immature person.”

Actually I’m not the only one. Also it’s incredibly ironic that you’re calling me immature considering the fact that you spend all day every day trolling on an Internet forum which is one of the most saddest and immature things anyone can do.

People do offer stuff to the forum in posting opinions, posting in the AA thread, posting info about transfers and much more. With the exception of posting the occasional opinion, you don’t do that most of the time.   You normally, troll, bait and occasionally derail threads and it is impossible to have a honest debate with you which is why I’m fed up with you and as a result, I’m replying to you far less as a result. I’m sure there are others in the same boat.

Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

sub007 - 11 Jun 2019 12:12 AM
mouflonrouge - 10 Jun 2019 11:34 PM

What gives you the right to speak on behalf of most people”

I’m not speaking on the behalf of most people. It was an assumption based on the fact that I have seen at least half a dozen posters if not more complain about you because you troll, bait, derail threads and it is impossible for anyone to have a proper debate with you because you simply ignore stats or facts which backup opposing views or claim they are somehow invalid or you deflect by making another outlandish claim which has no evidence backing it up whatsoever or just straight up insult them by calling them simple or dumb.

“Only you do because you an an immature person.”

Actually I’m not the only one. Also it’s incredibly ironic that you’re calling me immature considering the fact that you spend all day every day trolling on an Internet forum which is one of the most saddest and immature things anyone can do.

People do offer stuff to the forum in posting opinions, posting in the AA thread, posting info about transfers and much more. With the exception of posting the occasional opinion, you don’t do that most of the time.   You normally, troll, bait and occasionally derail threads and it is impossible to have a honest debate with you which is why I’m fed up with you and as a result, I’m replying to you far less as a result. I’m sure there are others in the same boat.

I would like you to list these half dozen posters thanks. 

Also, as is the case time and time again, who is doing the trolling and who is the victim? Once again, in this very thread it is actually YOU who is the troll and not me. I innocently came to this thread to only witness YOU baiting me and calling for me to be banned and you continuously do that unprovoked. I have done nothing to you now or ever. You just don’t like me or my views and continuously find yourself to be ill equiped and want me banned and as a result you have a few mates supporting you and nothing more. 

Min addition, I always use facts and back up my argument. You don’t! And half a dozen posters do not equal most people. I do not spend most of the day on this forum and there are many days I don’t come to this forum. I only come to this forum when I have time and want to read about Aussie Football. My life is not controlled by the forum. This is just a news outlet for me about Football and an avenue to discuss and learn. I lost in the Aussie Football section and offer what I can on matters that interest me. 

Min addition, there are more members that want you banned than me and if you don’t believe that is the case, you should put it to the test. People can see a troublemaker and that would be YOU! 
Edited
5 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
Muz
Muz
Legend

paulc - 10 Jun 2019 7:10 PM
Where is this thread of a mod throwing his weight around with statistics? Lol. I’ve been absent so no idea who it is.

We’ve had a mod that IMO was immature but generated controversy and interest, another mod that was so biased towards his team that he censured others, and another mod who tried to pursued others a certain club had to be added to the A-League. There were others with peculiarities and self interests I’m sure.

But to pick on someone for generating stats would have to be the biggest joke of them all. They’re all human and generally doing a good job. Leave them alone.

It's not stats regarding games.  It's made up statistics justifying a crackdown on all sorts of things including, and i shit you not, posts that are deemed 'facetious'.

I encourage you to read the feedback forum for a full rundown on what is happening behind and in front of the scenes.  

Including well respected posters leaving the forum due to over officious moderation.

But hey I could be wrong.  Vote and let's see

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend

Entering dangerous territory banning posters you don't like.  Best to ignore fuckheads. 

I know I do and yet some have the temerity to still send PMs to me.

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search