You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Heineken mentioned it in the Jokes thread, and this idea is fairly popular on another forum I'm on. Basically, if something pisses you off, annoys you, or anything like that, post it hear. Rant, Rave, whatever you want. Just be sensible, and don't use this to target other members of the forum.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The blind ignorance of people regarding climate change and environmental reclamation and invigoration.

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Pretty sure Nico (?) made this exact thread, with this exact title, a while ago.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

:P. I shoulda made it. Ahh well.

I'm gonna do this on my first Vlog when i buy my Webcam, but anyway

Has anyone been to a Greater Union cinema recently??? Have you noticed now they assign you seats...it's stupid it's a move theatre ffs. I can understand booking seats on an airline but honeslly for a movie theatre its so incredibaly stupid, it's not like you need an isle seat. I went to the movies today with a few mates and saw Defiance - great movie btw, should go see it - and we sat down with about 5 mins before the ads came on, were sitting there chatting away, and this geriatric couple comes up to us, and asks us to move, and understandingly we asked "why", and the responce we recieved was "Because this is our seat,we booked payed for these seats", not wanting to cause a huge shitstorm, we shugged picked up our stuff and moved into the row in front. Halfway though the ads another couple walk into the theatre, walk up to us, and ask us to move. This time my mate Bennett says why, and we get the same answer that it's "Their seat, they booked it at the desk, and they payed for it", my mates and i, are getting a little ticked at this, and i said, "erm, the theatres 3/4 empty, we were here first, why dont you sit over there". Well i dunno if it was what i said, but the women went off at me, anyway, aft5er being called a rude bastard, i retreated 3 rows down the front, my mates in tow. Anyway 15 minutes into the movie, some eldaly man walks into the movies, and walks up to us, and says to Michelle that she is sitting in his seat, HE WALKED IN 15 MINUTES LATE!!! Michelle basically tells the old man where to shove his seat, and tells him that he was 15 minutes late and tells him to sit in the isle in front.

Now i can understand my friends defensivness, for starters he had walked in late, but who here reckons the assigned seating is a whole load of BS.

1) The whole This is MY seat is completly Bullshit!!!! its not their frigging seat, it belongs to the movie company1
2) the original first in, best dressed idea worked perfectly, i mean its not like i can say "Yes, i'd like to sit in a seat and make sure no tall bastard sits in front of me, and make sure no really fat people sit next to me.
3) The fuss people make when your sitting in their seats is unbelieveable. OMG, ffs it not like we just robbed them of their dignity, their eyes light up when they see the seat that they "Booked" is taken.

I dunno but the whole concept is complete bogus, and it pisses me off, and im gonna keep ranting on about it untill they go back to the first in best dressed policy.

GRRRRRRRRR
That is what Grind my gears!!!

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Pretty sure Nico (?) made this exact thread, with this exact title, a while ago.
Was I. 8-[
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

It's doing so well too:p
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Was like 18 months ago.

Try 13 months ago. http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2688

Edited by martyB: 3/5/2009 07:33:07 PM
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
martyB wrote:
Was like 18 months ago.

Try 13 months ago. http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2688

Edited by martyB: 3/5/2009 07:33:07 PM

I was going to say it had to be about 10months at least, as it wasnt in my time.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Geez Ive got a good memory. I actually remember what I did those storms that cut half melbourne power out and what I did those days. Must have been first term holidays last year. Farkin hell.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

just keep this one for the time being. otherone prob hasn't been used in half a year

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Lindsay Lohan. What do you want from me Lindsay?

Edited by marconi101: 3/5/2009 07:47:44 PM

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend

I think the last movies I watched were the 3 LOTR movies, the first Star Wars movie, and from there Godzilla and one of the shit Star Trek movies (insurrection I think).

Full of annoying kids and try hards who think they are tough because they go in packs of 20 and be fucking morons throughout the whole movie.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Watching a movie during the day FTW!

I've watched Rambo, Watchmen and The Dark Knight during a Saturday day at Blacktown (28metre screen FTW) with no problems. No dickheads, no teenagers. Handful of people watching movie
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

My dumbass sister. All my favourite tv shows and music she sees me watching/listening to she basically steals, tells all her gay little friends and parades around like shes so awesome and she discovered the show/music. She spoils them for me. Selfish i know.

The gay stereotype that keeps getting thrown around. Fuck. Stupid people have no bloody idea. Apparently only 15% of homosexuals in America fall into the stereotype anyway. Men are gay because they like men! Men who are manly not men who act like fucking chicks and are drag queens! If i liked chicks then i'd be fucking straight!

I'm going to fill this thread...
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

Oh and to add the fact that you used capital letters on all your words in the title Funky...8-[
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

There is no religious people on here right? I usually vent my anger in that topic's direction.

socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

Go right ahead Marconi!
martyB
martyB
Legend

Quote:
If i liked chicks then i'd be fucking straight!
Unless word got out that you lack male genitalia? You'd be gay again. :P
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

PpL Hu TlK Lyk DiS lMaO

Edited by avy1990: 3/5/2009 08:40:45 PM
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

martyB wrote:
Quote:
If i liked chicks then i'd be fucking straight!
Unless word got out that you lack male genitalia? You'd be gay again. :P

Lol your gonna have to explain that to me...Lol im in a blank atm.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Stupid people. ^

:P
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

avy1990 wrote:
PpL Hu TlK Lyk DiS lMaO

Edited by avy1990: 3/5/2009 08:40:45 PM

Not just people who tok lyk dis, but people who you expect better from.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend

I remember something else.

Since when have fucking schoolkids been allowed to get on public buses? I always had to get a school only bus.

My bus route to work, is Parramatta to Pennant Hills (there is also one from Smithfield to Parra, but this is the main issue).

In the evening, after work, I finish at 5:15, wait 10 to 15 minutes, then get the bus. It gets to Parramatta in 25 to 30 minutes depending on traffic/lights/stopping. In the morning however, I have to get the bus at 7:40, and it often takes over an hour and I get to my work stop (the 3rd last).

I picks up dozens of kids from about 5 different schools. Once all the high school kids get off (Kings then Tara School, then Carlington, then another school I can't remember), it takes a huge diversion to pick up, on average, 6 primary school children.

It would take their parents (out of the 6 kids, 5 of them are "seen off" by their parents) maybe 10 minutes to drive them to the school. Instead, our bus takes 30 minutes to divert into the middle of fucking nowhere to pick them up (and it's not like they can't afford it, every house there is a giant 2 or 3 story mansion with 2 or 3 high end cars parked in their triple garages).

Once it gets back onto the normal road, it then takes another diversion, instead of dropping them off at the Bus stop on the actual route, it turns into the school to drop them off our the front. Fucking hell, these kids can't walk for 2 minutes?

The end of school diversion are ridiculous as well. I went home early by 2 hours one day, and because the bus took 3 diversion (1 to the primary school, 1 to drop them off on the route it picks them up from, and a 3rd to drive into the Tara school area which took 30 minutes as it's a massive chokepoint filled with cars), I only got home 30 minutes earlier than I normally would.

I don't see how the 2 Private Schools (Kings and Tara), the 3 Public High Schools, 1 Private Primary and the 1 Public Primary can't afford to hire a single bus (as each school gets on at approximately the same point the other schools get off) and make a proper school bus, and leave my bus alone.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Quote:
I don't see how the 2 Private Schools (Kings and Tara)... can't afford to hire a single bus
Because that would mean that they'd have to ask THE GOVERNMENT for more FUNDING. ](*,)
morgan234
morgan234
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:

I picks up dozens of kids from about 5 different schools. Once all the high school kids get off (Kings then Tara School, then Carlington, then another school I can't remember), it takes a huge diversion to pick up, on average, 6 primary school children.

Red and Black tie with Grey shirt?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

i get shit all the time for catching public busses, mostly from the geriatrics who hate kids, and Ipods, the 21st centuary etc, and Business people who have had a shitty day.

Its not my fault they dont make a school bus from North Sydney to Annandale.
Harden the fuck up, buy and ipod or read a book to pass the time.
Or just have a whinge to Nathan Reese, he'd be more then happy to spend some time with youy

socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

macktheknife wrote:
Since when have fucking schoolkids been allowed to get on public buses? I always had to get a school only bus.

Lol im at a public school and we catch public buses (Well i don't catch the bus anymore but thats beside the point). We actually got out times changed to finish school on fridays becuase this mass of people that caught this bus at 2:40 terrorised it and the teachers couldn't control them cause thats when the staff meeting is. Now we finish at 3:15 and the times are scrwed up throughout the day.
EDIT: YKWRGMG? People on the bus that play music off their phones!!!! All the FOBS!!! (It's not racist blah blah). Arghh. Fkn rap music and think they're awesome.

Edited by socceroos_fan: 3/5/2009 09:00:36 PM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

and mack....thats Western Sydney for you.

mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Fuck yes. People who play music out loud in a public place.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
Fuck yes. People who play music out loud in a public place.

Like kids that walk around blaring shit from their phone without headphones? I hate that.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search