Melbourne City Supporters Thread

Melbourne City Supporters Thread

Author
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Official Supporters Thread to the Melbourne Heart.

Chairman: Peter Sidwell

As much as Peter Sidwell needs to shave his mo. It is great to have someone like Peter Sidwell lead the Melbourne Hearts. Peter Sidwell had backed other sports in previous times but its great to have Peter Sidwell join the Melbourne Heart panel, Marko Bresicano and Vince Grella have given him applaude for Syndicate. Melbourne Victory & the Central Coast Mariners are the only clubs making profit. Hopefully he can make this club a profitable club for all investors in the club.

Coach: John van 't Schip

Before signing John, Melbourne Heart tried to sign Henk van Stee who currently coaches De Graafschap in the Dutch League, he rejected the move because of family reasons.

John was an International player for the Dutch, as you all should know by now, Dutch coaches are very successful all around the world. John was a successful player for the Netherlands making 41 apperances, and also playing over 250 games for Ajax and over 100 games for Genoa.

John was assistant coach of the Netherlands, and coached FC Twente where current Socceroos David Carney and Nikita Rukavytsya currently play. His team finished 12th in a 18 team league during the 2001-02 season, after quiting, the club finished in the same spot as they did last season 12th. FC Twente weren't a big club back then, it was until Steve McClaren took over the club became a title contender.

John coached Ajax when Marco van Basten resigned from the job.

Assistant Coaches: Jesper Olsen & Ante Milicic

Jesper Olsen:

A Former Manchester United player, who played 139 games for the Red Devils, Current French Champions, Bordeaux, and most successful club in the Netherlands, Ajax. He also played for the Danish national team.

Jesper Olsen had lived in Australia before signing on as assistant coach to the Melbourne Heart. Both John van 't Schip and Jesper Olsen have played in a world cup, and both have been Semi-Finalists, allthough John won the European Championships too.

Ante Milicic:

Ante Milicic has also had experience as a Coach, he was a player coach for Sydney United in the 2009 NSW Premier League season, he also was called up to be a assistant coach for the U-20 Young Socceroos at the U-20 World Cup in Egypt, and he was also the first player to score a Hatrick in the A-League.

Ante Milicic played for both Newcastle Jets, and Queensland Roar. All 3 Coaches have played in the Dutch League, Ante Milicic playing with NAC Brada. Ante played with the Socceroos on 6 occassions scoring 5 goals.

Football Operations Manager: John Didulica

John Didulica is the brother of Croatian International Joey Didulica, who were both born in Australia.

John speaks to Melbournes sports radio station. 1116 SEN. He has said to want to sign the following players:

* Michael Petkovic - Sivasspor are currently in the relegation spots in the Turkish Super League.
* Mark Viduka - Mark Viduka is a free agent, he is only 34 years old, he is regardard as one of the best footballers of Australian History.
* Josip Skoko - Josip Skoko is playing in the Croatian First Division and said he would consider joining Melbourne Heart.
* Simon Colosimo - Simon is Melbourne born, it accually wouldnt be a suprise if he joins Melbourne Heart.
* Ljubo Milicevic - Also Melbourne Born, played for the Melbourne Victory, if aall doesnt go well at Newcastle Jets, you should know by now that he will leave if not happy.

It is still not known if Melbourne Heart will have a youth team in the first season.

Edited by MelbourneHeart: 9/1/2010 03:01:58 PM

Edited by Joffa: 9/6/2014 12:56:57 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by MelbourneHeart
.:bp:.
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

MelbourneHeart wrote:
The Official Supporters Thread to the Melbourne Heart.

As we know, South Melbourne FC, made a bid as Southern Cross FC to enter the A-League. Also the Melbourne City bid failed. Which left it between the two, which Melbourne Heart eventually won. The reason why Southern Cross FC failed is because the FFA did not want a club Culturally backed.

Chairman: Peter Sidwell

As much as Peter Sidwell needs to shave his mo. It is great to have someone like Peter Sidwell lead the Melbourne Hearts. Peter Sidwell had backed other sports in previous times but its great to have Peter Sidwell join the Melbourne Heart panel, Marko Bresicano and Vince Grella have given him applaude for Syndicate. Melbourne Victory & the Central Coast Mariners are the only clubs making profit. Hopefully he can make this club a profitable club for all investors in the club.

Coach: John van 't Schip

Before signing John, Melbourne Heart tried to sign Henk van Stee who currently coaches De Graafschap in the Dutch League, he rejected the move because of family reasons.

John was an International player for the Dutch, as you all should know by now, Dutch coaches are very successful all around the world. John was a successful player for the Netherlands making 41 apperances, and also playing over 250 games for Ajax and over 100 games for Genoa.

John was assistant coach of the Netherlands, and coached FC Twente where current Socceroos David Carney and Nikita Rukavytsya currently play. His team finished 12th in a 18 team league during the 2001-02 season, after quiting, the club finished in the same spot as they did last season 12th. FC Twente weren't a big club back then, it was until Steve McClaren took over the club became a title contender.

John coached Ajax when Marco van Basten resigned from the job.

Assistant Coaches: Jesper Olsen & Ante Milicic

Jesper Olsen: A Former Manchester United player, who played 139 games for the Red Devils, Current French Champions, Bordeaux, and most successful club in the Netherlands, Ajax. He also played for the Danish national team.

Jesper Olsen had lived in Australia before signing on as assistant coach to the Melbourne Heart. Both John van 't Schip and Jesper Olsen have played in a world cup, and both have been Semi-Finalists, allthough John won the European Championships too.

Ante Milicic: Ante Milicic has also had experience as a Coach, he was a player coach for Sydney United in the 2009 NSW Premier League season, he also was called up to be a assistant coach for the U-20 Young Socceroos at the U-20 World Cup in Egypt, and he was also the first player to score a Hatrick in the A-League.

Ante Milicic played for both Newcastle Jets, and Queensland Roar. All 3 Coaches have played in the Dutch League, Ante Milicic playing with NAC Brada. Ante played with the Socceroos on 6 occassions scoring 5 goals.

Football Operations Manager: John Didulica

John Didulica is the brother of Croatian International Joey Didulica, who were both born in Australia.

John speaks to Melbournes sports radio station. 1116 SEN. He has said to want to sign the following players:

* Michael Petkovic - Sivasspor are currently in the relegation spots in the Turkish Super League.
* Mark Viduka - Mark Viduka is a free agent, he is only 34 years old, he is regardard as one of the best footballers of Australian History.
* Josip Skoko - Josip Skoko is playing in the Croatian First Division and said he would consider joining Melbourne Heart.
* Simon Colosimo - Simon is Melbourne born, it accually wouldnt be a suprise if he joins Melbourne Heart.
* Ljubo Milicevic - Also Melbourne Born, played for the Melbourne Victory, if aall doesnt go well at Newcastle Jets, you should know by now that he will leave if not happy.

It is still not known if Melbourne Heart will have a youth team in the first season.

your current squad looks awesome.... *cough*...
RedEyeRob
RedEyeRob
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

MelbourneHeart wrote:

As we know, South Melbourne FC, made a bid as Southern Cross FC to enter the A-League. Also the Melbourne City bid failed. Which left it between the two, which Melbourne Heart eventually won. The reason why Southern Cross FC failed is because the FFA did not want a club Culturally backed.

For an "official" thread on all things Melbourne Heart, you seem to make "unofficial" statements.

PS: i think you mean to say "ethnically" backed. If Heart has no "culture" of it's own, then it's doomed from the get go.

But anyway, good luck to you and your team. Hope the team is called "Heart", otherwise there'll be a 3rd thread next week.

MelbourneHeart
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)

What do you expect BP, a Bloody Manchester City squad?

Anyway, tell me how many gold coast players made the A-League/European Squad. Zero.

Dean Heffernan and Matt Thompson made the squad, while Kristian Sarkies and Jason Hoffman have both played at youth levels for the national team. Kamar Ibrahim is one of the most promising players, he plays for Australia U-17 if you can find the topic, it will show you him on youtube how good he is.
notveryclever
notveryclever
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Remove the whole first paragraph. I'm going to be visiting this page often, so I don't want anything to trigger flame wars. You took on a heavy role here, get it right.

IMO, too early to make this thread since names are not yet confirmed (true, almost there, but not officially yet). Best of luck though. Remove the first paragraph.
ClintSakura
ClintSakura
Amateur
Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)

MelbourneHeart wrote:
Anyway, tell me how many gold coast players made the A-League/European Squad. Zero.

I think you'll find that Jason Culina did, but pulled out through injury.
bigV
bigV
Super Fan
Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)

As a Victory supporter, personally cant wait for Heart to enter the league.
There's nothing like local derbies, and as you all there hasnt been one in the top flight since Knights vs South (which is still an awesome derby if you ever visit state league games).
Would love to fast forward and see what the derby will mean in 10 years or so, IMO 2 teams in a city can only be a good thing for passion and feeling like a part of your club. Cant wait!

Good signings as well, wish we could have a couple of them at Vic
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

ClintSakura wrote:
MelbourneHeart wrote:

I think you'll find that Jason Culina did, but pulled out through injury.

I think you'll also find that I hate GCU and that I'm actually a Victory supporter.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
notveryclever wrote:
Remove the whole first paragraph. I'm going to be visiting this page often, so I don't want anything to trigger flame wars. You took on a heavy role here, get it right.

IMO, too early to make this thread since names are not yet confirmed (true, almost there, but not officially yet). Best of luck though. Remove the first paragraph.

=d> =d> =d>

RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

How many of these threads do you guys need?

But I guess at least you tried to start one with correct spelling and grammar.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

RedsUnited wrote:
How many of these threads do you guys need?

But I guess at least you tried to start one with correct spelling and grammar.

Ah, but this one has pictures!!
RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Yes, I was going to mention that too. :p
MelbourneHeart
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan

I got this big button called 'EDIT' so i will change the title if i have to if Melbourne does pick another name.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I love Heart!

Edited by davidtorres: 23/10/2011 09:51:41 PM
bindiboy
bindiboy
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)Hardcore Fan (232 reputation)

MelbourneHeart wrote:
I got this big button called 'EDIT' so i will change the title if i have to if Melbourne does pick another name.

KAMAR IBRAHIM - From Australian Institue of Sport (AIS, NYL) when did he sign for melbourne hearts wnated adelaaide to sign him good future ahead

mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Ibrahim signed last week IIRC, there is a thread about it here somewhere if you search.
RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class

davidtorres wrote:
Shittest team in the country. And that's saying something with the likes of Adelaide United and Sydney FC.

Thanks for holding us in such high regard davidtorres, I know you secretly love us deep down inside. :p
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Heart will be future champions!

Edited by davidtorres: 23/10/2011 09:51:54 PM
RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class

davidtorres wrote:
RedsUnited wrote:
davidtorres wrote:
Shittest team in the country. And that's saying something with the likes of Adelaide United and Sydney FC.

Thanks for holding us in such high regard davidtorres, I know you secretly love us deep down inside. :p

I still hate United ALOT, but I hate Melbourne Heart more.
Plus, the AU VS MV rivarly is very boring now. 8 in a row?? Too easy! :p

I was asking for that one... :(
notveryclever
notveryclever
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

davidtorres you just hate the Heart because they're going steal all the Victory supporters. And then some. PEWPEW - these derbies are going to be insane :D
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

Can't wait for us to beat MV in the first derby!

Edited by davidtorres: 23/10/2011 09:52:35 PM
HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

Everything off the pitch has been done well so far.

The signings of the coaching staff have been a class above anything else I have seen in the league so far.

The players first appointed were good players with experience in the league. They should establish a core and leadership that will ensure a goods start for this club. I don't think anyone is expecting miracles straight away, but you can't help thinking this club will be competitive.

I just simply like what this club is doing, therefor I will commit to becoming a member and supporter of this club.

I am an avid football follower, passionately in love with Newcastle United in England, but never fully got myself into the Victory. Don't get me wrong, I was a supporter, went to a few games every year (even the Grand Final in the second season) and always watched them on TV whenever I could and hoped they would win, but just was never 100% into them. I am a Melbournian first and foremost and patriotic about that so of course I was left no choice in the decision but to follow them.

Then this syndicate came along and I was excited about another team in Melbourne to establish a rivalry and for the growth of the game in Australia. I was going to wait to see what they were about and how they were going to operate before either committing to them or strengthening my relationship with the Melbourne Victory as there was going to be another rival in town. Well a few months ago and after the appointment of John Van't Schip I met Scott Munn through fortunate circumstances. Soon after that I decided. So to did four of my mates. We intend to purchase reserve season tickets in the new stadium as members of the Heart or whatever they will be called. (We all know it will be Heart)

I have no significant reason for crossing the great divide by switching from the Melbourne Victory to the Melbourne Heart, I just feel connected with this new club. Already. More so then I ever did with the Victory. I check this and other websites for new news on this club everyday, I have ideas in my head in who I would approach, I watch other A-League games often just to know a little glimpse of information on anyone we decide to pick up from rival clubs. I have fallen in love and consider this my club already.

Can't wait for the announcement on colours, name, kit and logo. Then more signings. This is really exciting.

Go the Heart! :d
MelbH
MelbH
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

Echo the sentiments of many here... Never felt passionate about MVictory and I'm liking the way Heart are going about things.
notveryclever
notveryclever
Semi-Pro

That wall of text above reflects some of my sentiments, even if it looks like someone's using multiple accounts.

Edited by notveryclever: 9/1/2010 05:24:34 PM
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

agenda much?
notveryclever
notveryclever
Semi-Pro

I don't see another point to such a thread. Isn't it there to promote an agenda?
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

I was referring to the person who has posted three first post comments about the Heart but nothing else under different user names...
HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

Joffa wrote:
agenda much?

I seriously do not know what agenda I was pushing, I have read this forum for a long, long time and decided to post my thoughts on this thread about the Melbourne Heart.

I am here under the name HeartAttack, I have no other accounts I am sure an administrator can point this out.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend

HeartAttack wrote:
Joffa wrote:
agenda much?

I seriously do not know what agenda I was pushing, I have read this forum for a long, long time and decided to post my thoughts on this thread about the Melbourne Heart.

I am here under the name HeartAttack, I have no other accounts I am sure an administrator can point this out.

Hey I don't mind at all...I hope there is another 12-16k of you who will buy memberships and go to matches each week.
MelbH
MelbH
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

Yeah I'm not a multiple. Been lurking for a while and signed up today.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search