*Official* Football Manager Thread

*Official* Football Manager Thread

Author
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
the ball went out for a goal kick and when the screen loaded up psp all the bolton players where standing behind the advertising boards behind the keeper. it was my eleven players verse there keeper and i was able to slot one in. i wasnt able to save the replay cause you cant. has this happened to anyone else.

Edited by martyB: 5/3/2009 02:48:10 PM

Edited by imnofreak: 19/3/2011 08:15:57 PM

Edited by Funky Munky: 30/8/2011 12:32:00 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by mk0825
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
This is what you call a "bug" in the game and after a while you'll find it's a frequent even under a certain circumstance.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
the ball went out for a goal kick and when the screen loaded up psp all the bolton players where standing behind the advertising boards behind the keeper. it was my eleven players verse there keeper and i was able to slot one in. i wasnt able to save the replay cause you cant. has this happened to anyone else.

Happened to me too, except it was my keeper up against their 11 and I lost a goal for nothing. I was 3-1 up anyway so I really didn't give a shit.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

PES doesnt have bugs. Clearly superior.[-(
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

dont know about that 442 wont give me a copy
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

That's because you're a tightarse. Go buy a copy.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
dont know about that 442 wont give me a copy

Is there any valid reason why they should??
Quote:
That's because you're a tightarse. Go buy a copy.

Ahahaha.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

martyB wrote:
PES doesnt have bugs. Clearly superior.[-(

Apparently players die in PES.

[youtube]01HW9E5BtuQ[/youtube]
martyB
martyB
Legend

No, that's just Serie A. :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Or is it Sevilla?
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro

martyB wrote:
No, that's just Serie A.

Hmmm... since when was Arsenal in the Seria A?

[youtube]2cveBu6Ll98[/youtube]
martyB
martyB
Legend

Its Gilberto. Not a bug. :P
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

They just 'die'...looks more like what happens when you run the players to exhaustion for more than a game or two consecutively.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

or it my just be a reverse of him getting up i dunno afro
littleronaldo1992
littleronaldo1992
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)

ive had 2 weird moments...

1. I missed a shot on goal and there was a goal kick. for some reason, all my players left the pitch except for langerak (victory goalkeeper) so its 11 onto 1. J. griffiths runs the ball up to a 1-1 with Langerak and Langerak wins. Langerak then goes for a goalie run and scores a goal. it was crazy.

2. Jardel outran the mariners defence. you heard me... Jardel outran another human being!!
Mr.Chicken
Mr.Chicken
Hacker
Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)Hacker (410 reputation)

One time, I had a corner kick. I sent the ball in and one of my strikers got a head to it but completely missed the goal. Yet the game signalled a goal! Very unusual. It did not change the result as I won 3-0 or something but still very unusual...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

the most frustrating is when the keeper, saves a shot but ends up halfway in the goal along with the ball, the ball clearly crossess the line but no goal is awarded.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I've had the 11 vs 1 thing. Thats because the PSP version of Fifa08 is extremely buggy. (and frustrating, more so than any PES game. Thinking about getting PES on PSP when it comes out. At least the players can normally turn without losing the ball, and alot more fluently also. And the NET moves when a ball strikes it in PES. FIFA is getting there, but it has a long way to go imo [/rant[)

And afroman is right with that PES vid. I read about that but haven't been able to do it. Its exhaustion not death.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

at least with fifa drogba is known as drogba not as dropger or some weird shit.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Well then, that has certainly swayed me and now I'm a FIFAfan4life! :?

There is an EDIT function in PES. FIFA doesn't let you change anything.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Drogba is "Drogba" in PES08 :roll:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
There is an EDIT function in PES. FIFA doesn't let you change anything.

Actually, it kinda does.
Quote:
at least with fifa drogba is known as drogba not as dropger or some weird shit.

The only thing with PES is that the club names aren't lisenced. Since player names aren't subject to lisence, they should be correct unless you've got a bootlegged copy.
Quote:
And afroman is right with that PES vid. I read about that but haven't been able to do it. Its exhaustion not death.

ofcourse i'm bloody right. happens in both FIFA and PES:P It takes about five or six games when their 'health' is in the red at the start of the game in FIFA i believe.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

not chelsea drogba ivory coast drogba pes6, id rather play as liverpool than merseyside red, that better?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

that's what the editor is for ;)
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro

afromanGT wrote:

mk0825 finds the editor way too complicated. :p
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

arsenal melbourne fc wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

mk0825 finds the editor way too complicated. :p

time consuming, fifa does it for you.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

hardly get how you can rate authenticity over gameplay...
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

whats so good about pes, players do everything as if they have carrots up their behinds.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
whats so good about pes, players do everything as if they have carrots up their behinds.

tbh i haven't played pes for many years, but i found the gameplay even back then far better. I get quite bored with FIFAs play and repetive goals. just my opinion though, only bought FIFA08 for A-league, nearly bought pes6 for $25 at ebgames but they decided to not actually have the game...
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

After playing FIFA08 for the first time on PS2 tonight (same as PSP actually), and my decision is finally realised. PES6 >>> FIFA08. Sorry, but the response, the animations, the ball control, the passing, the net, the keepers, the goals, the way subs work, the FORMATIONS!!!! are far and beyond better in PES.

The formations are atrocious in FIFA. They have the formation ala 4-4-2, or 4-5-1 and thats it. At least in PES they have that and 12 combinations of that formation. I shouldnt have to create formations in FIFA that I use and swap every game in PES that are default!
(and can alter slightly are largely very easily during the game)

And another reason why PES is better than FIFA:
The fact that FIFAs "new" control scheme is a direct duplicate of PES' one, is testimony. Square button for shoot FTW!!!!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search