The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

Author
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
what do you drink?
what's good?
and what shouldn't i waste my money on?

that's it pretty much... an ad on of the tap discussion of Tooheys New in Victoria and Queensland in the afro thread

Had Boag's from tap on the weekend which was pretty good... normally get Bulmers if they've got it on tap but don't normally go to pubs with Bulmers, Pure Blonde and Extra Dry normally from tap, Carlsberg at the football... Carlsberg, Heineken or Stella for home, but i did have Tooheys New out of a can the other day and was surprisingly passable

Edited by The Doctor: 1/4/2010 12:22:39 AM

Edited by The Doctor: 1/4/2010 12:23:53 AM
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Scotch for me!
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Mate bought me one of these for my 18th, it's been empty for a while, but i keep it in my room for novelty purposes.

I'll only drink Tooheys New, VB, etc at places like the footy, But yer, normally i'll just have Heineken, or European beer.

I don't mind TEDs or Hahn Super Dry.
Anybody tried that Cascade Green Beer - supposedly it's meant to help the enviroment....wtf? Tastes like cats piss IMO.

Edited by Heineken: 22/3/2010 09:49:03 PM

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Can't stand beer, wine, champagne, basically only drink spirits straight, or mixed.

Don't really have a favourite Scotch/Bourbon. Probably Makers Mark if I had to choose one.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
Can't stand beer, wine, champagne, basically only drink spirits straight, or mixed.

Don't really have a favourite Scotch/Bourbon. Probably Makers Mark if I had to choose one.

I'm the same. I'll only drink Beer if there is nothing else and wine if I've got no money. I'd rather drink spirits straight than drink beer.

Really loving Russian Standard at the moment, and Vanilla Vodka with Coke thus creating Vanilla Vodka coke:lol:
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

i reckon that's the best beer you can buy from a bottle shop, not because of the brand but because of the different taste you get out of the keg compared to the bottle, tastes alot more crisper compared if you had it out of a bottle or a can

use to be a big strongbow drinker (yes i got heaps for it) back in my younger days of backyard parties and stealing other people's booze 8-[
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
use to be a big strongbow drinker (yes i got heaps for it) back in my younger days of backyard parties and stealing other people's booze 8-[

so that's where it all went
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Over the weekend - Wild Turkey, Pints of Carlton/Boags and lots of Red bull and Vodka (only thing to keep me awake). Few others thrown in, but that was base.

My drink of choice at the moment is Peroni Leggera. Love most alcohol types though. Yet to get into many red wines though.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Gooner4life_8 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

so that's where it all went

this was at the time where everybody drank double black smirnoff's which we're awesome, so nobody noticed if one or two went missing

has anybody had UDL's before, i just remember the apartment next to us at schoolies 08 that they all just drank that and made this fucking massive wall with it
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Quote:
has anybody had UDL's before, i just remember the apartment next to us at schoolies 08 that they all just drank that and made this fucking massive wall with it

Yeah had them before but not by choice. Depends what flavour you get I guess.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

I'm the same. I'll only drink Beer if there is nothing else and wine if I've got no money. I'd rather drink spirits straight than drink beer.

Really loving Russian Standard at the moment, and Vanilla Vodka with Coke thus creating Vanilla Vodka coke:lol:

Have you tried Grey Goose vodka? Keep seeing it for like 80-100 bux a bottle, trying to figure out why it's so expensive, is it really that good?
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

Have you tried Grey Goose vodka? Keep seeing it for like 80-100 bux a bottle, trying to figure out why it's so expensive, is it really that good?

Might have to try it. Has to be good to be that expensive.

Saving up right now for a 2L bottle of JIm Beam for $80 right now:lol:
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Finlandia is an underrated Vodka IMO. Cheap, but very good. Finnish, do it well.

Haha, nice. Gonna save up one day, and buy one of those 4.5L bottles, of Johnny Red.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Quote:
Saving up right now for a 2L bottle of JIm Beam for $80 right now

Save your money. :P

Jim Beam Black - Worst excuse for a 'higher' quality drink that I've ever seen.

Edited by imnofreak: 22/3/2010 10:23:53 PM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Whats with the ABB.

Anti-Beer brigade.

Can't stand wine unless it's Bubbly. Not a big fan on straight sprits, don't mind the odd Jim Bean & Coke.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Glenn - A-league Mad
Glenn - A-league Mad
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

DAB Dortmunder Action Braurie.

The local beer from city of Dortmunder Germany.

Im always trying different German beers, never found a bad one. MUST be imported though, not brewed under licence by fosters.

TBH any beer that follows a purity law is usually good. Becuase they have no added shit you raley get a bad hangover :P
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
Quote:
Saving up right now for a 2L bottle of JIm Beam for $80 right now

Save your money. :P

Jim Beam Black - Worst excuse for a 'higher' quality drink that I've ever seen.

Edited by imnofreak: 22/3/2010 10:23:53 PM

:lol:

I figure $80 for 2L of drinkable bourbon. It may not set the world on fire but it's alcohol that isn't putrid:lol:

And I agree Funly the Finnish do Vodka very well, but because it's cheaper and they aren't Russian it isn't seen as good. It's like some people think Russian Vodka is the be all and end all.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

(Proper) Russian vodka is the be all and end all. But there's some other countries who don't do it too badly either.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
(Proper) Russian vodka is the be all and end all. But there's some other countries who don't do it too badly either.

But how often do you actually see people buy proper Russian vodka on a regular basis. It's always Fucking Smirnoff:lol:
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

biggest waste of alchol... Johnnie Walker Black Label on NYE when i was too pissed to taste anything when i had it, and for some reason there was Johnnie Walker Blue Label which i thought i wasn't worthy of (was house sitting at a mate's relo's with him and we could have anything we wanted to)
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

But how often do you actually see people buy proper Russian vodka on a regular basis. It's always Fucking Smirnoff:lol:

There are not enough words to describe how bad Smirnoff is:p The joys of having a Russian Uncle though, you get to taste good vodka, and get told an interesting tip on how to store it (Get a 2L coke bottle, cut off the top, just above the label, fill it with water, and put the Vodka bottle in that, and then in the freezer).
Bonkers
Bonkers
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Beer tastes like shit.

Rum or bourbon for me.

Big weekend this coming one. Someone tell me how many standard drinks there are in a 750ml bottle of jim beam deluxe.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Shouldnt it be 22?
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Depends how cheap I am being but generally on a night out I will go through most of the following:

TEDS
New
Carlton

Bundy Draught
Bundy Red
Scoth and soda
Jim Beam and Coke
Jack Daniels and coke
Woodstocks
SoCo lemon lime
MoVo/Vodka Redbull
Jagerbombs
Scotch and lemonade with lime
Amaretto and coke
Sambucca and coke
A random drink with some Absynth

Not a massive beer fan but will down them with my mates.

Edited by guest: 23/3/2010 08:46:05 AM
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

its all about soft drinks.......

creame soda, fanta pineapple, fanta grape, coke etc..:d
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:

Fire Engines (red lemonade not creaming soda) takes the cake.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:

Kirks Creaming Soda.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

zimbos_05 wrote:

eeeyyyyyy your the driverrr *messes your hair and spills my drink*
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

hahaha to all...

and no, not CREAMING SODA....creme soda...

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search