Young Victorian Signs for Blackburn Rovers

Young Victorian Signs for Blackburn Rovers

Author
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
http://www.goalweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1052:maclaren-raves-about-rovers&catid=42:football-focus&Itemid=66

Maclaren raves about Rovers
Written by Craig MacKenzie /
IS JAMIE Maclaren the next big thing in Australian football? He’s 16, he’s scored a hat-trick against Manchester United and in July he starts a two-year contract with Blackburn Rovers.

The Sunbury teenager has taken to the professional stage with aplomb and a few short weeks after playing for Blackburn’s under-16s he was promoted to become the youngest member of the club’s youth team. He’s already caught the eye of the Rovers’ coaching staff and has trained with the reserves and the seniors.
He’s also attracted the attention of both Scotland and England. He qualifies for Scotland through his father and for Malta through his mother. The Scottish FA has been in contact with Rovers while England’s under-17s head coach, John Peacock, ended his interest abruptly when told that Maclaren had a Scottish background.
So are we about to see yet another tug of war between countries vying for a prodigious Aussie-born talent?
“I’m obviously Australian and would love to play for Australia but since I’ve been at Blackburn no-one from Australia has contacted me,” said Maclaren, speaking exclusively to Goal! Weekly.
But there’s not even a hint of disappointment in his voice.
“Right now I’m concentrating on developing my club career. I’ve spoken to Blackburn about the situation and I’m quite happy to concentrate on scoring goals there.”
Another club happy to see him scoring regularly is Victorian Premier League powerhouse Green Gully where he made his mark as a junior. Gully’s treasurer already has banked close to $10,000 in compensation since Maclaren’s move to Rovers.
The youngster’s trial last September with the Lancashire-based English Premier League outfit was arranged by former Dandenong Thunder coach Toby Paterson. Initially Maclaren was due to trial with Aston Villa then Birmingham City then Celtic but Paterson later told the family that Blackburn was really keen so he went there and has never looked back.
We can only imagine what scouts from those other three clubs were thinking after Maclaren’s first outing for Blackburn’s under-16s against Man U. He played on the wing in the first half, as central striker in the second half and trudged off the ground with a hat-trick to his name.
He then banged in a double against Derby County. Blackburn didn’t muck about, telling him then and there that they wanted him to sign.
His international clearance came through in January and after being elevated to the youths as part of Blackburn’s elite academy squad he scored on debut in a 1–1 draw with Stoke.
But there’s nothing new about this goalscoring phenomenon. He’s been hitting the back of the net on a regular basis for the past few seasons, edging ever closer to his dream of cementing his status as a first-class professional player, a dream that took root around 12 years ago down the back of a two-and-a-half-acre property just past Melbourne Airport.
“I got dad to put up a set of goals and I practised every single day. I started playing with Sunbury United’s under-8s when I was about four years old. I might have been five, but when I was 10 I switched to Green Gully’s under-12s.”
The Gully junior sides that Maclaren represented from under-13s to under-15s were likened to a tsunami sweeping through Victorian junior ranks. His dad was the coach and the all-conquering Gully kids saw Maclaren playing as a holding midfielder then finally switching to the wings.
“For three years we were the best team in Victoria. We didn’t lose for about 50 games. We just kept winning. The team didn’t change much but we just kept moving on and winning everything.
“Dad was a big part of that. I guess you could say that he was the most successful junior coach in Victoria during that time.”
And throughout that time Jamie Maclaren played in a higher age bracket. Is that part of the reason he slotted in so smoothly among the older teens in Blackburn’s academy squad?
“Yes, that’s part of it. I think you learn quicker. You’re playing with better players and you have to adjust. If you can’t adjust then you’re not going to get there. You’re not going to make it.”
There are other reasons that Maclaren was able to make that adjustment. His father Don is one. A former pro himself (ex-Hearts and Dunfermline Athletic) who came to Australia in the late 1970s to play with Canberra City in the national league, he has played a pivotal role as coach and mentor to his son.
The rapport between the pair is obvious. The banter’s good and there’s no way that Jamie Maclaren will, as they say, get too far ahead of himself with dad around.
“He’s the better player of the two,” says Don Maclaren bluntly, pointing to Jamie’s twin brother Donald, who plays with VPL club Richmond.
“Technically, that is. But there’s more than that that makes a player.”
Indeed. A few seasons back then VIS head coach Ian Greener and now head coach of Victoria’s National Training Centre saw a talent that could not escape his clutches.
“I guess you could say that I got into the system at under-12 level when I first played for Victoria,” said Jamie Maclaren.
That was in the Victorian junior side that won the national under-12 title in Canberra under coach Darryl Spiteri.
The one major setback Maclaren suffered came during the 2008 national titles at Coff’s Harbour when the then under-15 star was injured. But that didn’t stop Greener’s pursuit of one of Victoria’s finest talents.
“I ended up on crutches with a cyst on my knee. Ian Greener rang dad and said that he knew I was injured but that once I got fit he wanted to offer me a full (VIS) scholarship.
“The two years I had with the VIS were great. I really, really enjoyed them. Ian Greener and Harry Bingham were quality. They were very, very good.
“It was great to hear someone else’s opinion of me because up until then I’d always had dad as my coach at club level.”
The VIS program gave the youngster a taste of what professional football was about. He found himself involved in recovery sessions, taking ice baths, swimming pool sessions, doing weights and other gym work, even judo as part of a cross-training regime that had been carefully mapped out.
He also switched from playing out wide to a central striker’s role and a slight grin emerges when he recounts the circumstances of that move.
“I was a winger at the VIS at first but one time our centre forward got injured so Ian asked me if I minded playing centre forward. I told him I’d play anywhere just to get on the pitch. I went okay that game. I scored a hat-trick and Ian came up to me after the match and said he might just keep me up front.”
Right now Blackburn’s pretty happy with Greener’s decision.
And if the Maclaren family had any doubts about their son acclimatising to life in Lancashire, fellow Rovers pro and Socceroo star Vinnie Grella is one reason no doubts remain.
“Me and Vinnie have become good buddies,” said Maclaren.
“I’ve had lunch with him and we’ve had a few chats. He’s also come through the VIS program and he knows Ian Greener so there’s a connection there.”
But the biggest factors in the ease in which he has slipped into a striker’s role at Rovers are his unbending confidence in his own ability and what he describes as the supportive atmosphere at the club’s Brockhall training complex.
When asked to describe his strengths as a footballer he responds in a forthright fashion: “Scoring goals. That’s my main job now and that’s what I work on. My pace is an asset. A lot of the other guys in the academy are 18 or 19 years old but over the first five yards I can leave them.
“It’s a really friendly environment there. The club’s really good and they look after you really well.
“Brockhall’s absolute quality. There’s the senior training complex up the road then there’s the academy area with a village in between. If you get called up to the seniors to help out you’re just a couple of minutes’ walk away. It’s brilliant.”
And what of his weaknesses as a player? Has Blackburn identified any?
“I guess you could say the physical side of things. The other players are bigger and stronger but I do a lot of work in the gym and I’m getting stronger.”
He’s got his favourites among Blackburn’s senior squad, players he really looks up to. Apart from his mate Vinnie, he singles out Norwegian international Morton Gamst Pedersen and another Socceroo, Brett Emerton.
“I’ve always liked Pedersen. Always. Even when I wasn’t at Blackburn. It’s his technique. When he takes a corner it’s unbelievable. But for sheer professionalism you can’t go past Brett Emerton. Not just because he’s Australian but because of the way he goes about things.”
And Maclaren knows that he’s going to have to apply himself ever bit as diligently when he returns to Blackburn in a few weeks’ time. He knows that there’s a lot of work ahead but there’s a calm resolve about this young man. You just know that he knows he’s good even though there’s not the slightest hint of arrogance about him.
He even showed his shy side when GW’s Anita Milas turned up to the scene of our interview to conduct a photo shoot. Maclaren chose to hold it at the back of Richmond’s clubrooms out of sight of the spectators watching a junior game.
But it remains to be seen whether he can escape the spotlight for much longer.
For the moment he prefers to let his goals do the talking and right now they are making a compelling argument to say that this teenager could be on the brink of something special.

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Fantastic news for all concerned. Hope he breaks through.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
Fantastic news for all concerned. Hope he breaks through.

So do I, especially as I advocate that our best 16 to 18yo should actually be encouraged to go overseas to reputable Clubs and their acadameis.
jg
jg
Super Fan
Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)

Surely a message of congratulations from the FFa and a note to say we will monitor your career etc. It seems to me all these boys need to know is that . Good luck
mvictory
mvictory
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

Why is this in grass routs. I think Blackburn rovers is a tad above that.

Good on the Kid. Scoring a hattrick in his 1st game against Man U and training with the reserves and seniors, GET ONTO HIM QUICK AUS!!!

Green Gully have obviously been doing pretty well for themselves with Markelis at Valencia and this guy at Blackburn. Both strikers too, just what Aus needs.
roy law
roy law
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

"no-one from Australia has contacted me,” said Maclaren" I suggest Mssrs Emerton and Grella should be in this boys ear! and the likes of Cahill, or Mooy and Bouzanis...There's quite A collection of young Aussies in the lancashire area, its about time the senior players got together to encourgage these kids and sell the Socceroo message

mvictory
mvictory
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

roy law wrote:
"no-one from Australia has contacted me,” said Maclaren" I suggest Mssrs Emerton and Grella should be in this boys ear! and the likes of Cahill, or Mooy and Bouzanis...There's quite A collection of young Aussies in the lancashire area, its about time the senior players got together to encourgage these kids and sell the Socceroo message

Good point. Half 2 of our senior players are at his club, you would expect that they would say something, he might have meant the FFA or a coach hasn't contacted him. On the other hand he must know that if he impresses and keeps puting in good performances and makes the first team in the next few years he will get a call up, especialy considering our shortage of strikers.

Whoever has been saying that the current players are the "golden generation" and we are doomed after the world cup I suggest you look at our 15 to 21 year olds. there is more potencial in that group than I have seen in many years coming out of Australia, I am hearing about a new kid I have never heard of weekly. just wait until the next world cup befor you throw around any judgement because if a quarter of these kids reach there potential we will have a great team.
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

This is just fantastic for the lad. Great to hear that he is doing so well also. But I have a few questions to ask.
1. Why wasn't this lad identified by AIS scouts while he was in Australia ( although he is probably better off being developed at Blackburn ) and brought into the Joey's set up? Are we not developing the best players at the AIS?
2. I thought that a player must be 18 before they could go to an overseas club. FFA have denied clearance to other players because of this law. I just dont understand how it all works, one rule for some and another for the rest. But more can be understood about football shoes on Big W catalogue.
I wish the lad the best of luck for his future and hope that whoever is in charge of identifying players for the future Socceroos goes out and picks this lad to play for us. Good luck will be looking forward to seeing you play fist team football.

Edited
8 Months Ago by paladisious
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

spathi wrote:

This is just fantastic for the lad. Great to hear that he is doing so well also. But I have a few questions to ask.
1. Why wasn't this lad identified by AIS scouts while he was in Australia ( although he is probably better off being developed at Blackburn ) and brought into the Joey's set up? Are we not developing the best players at the AIS?

He was, he played out of the AIS as for playing with the Joeys there can only be about 20 players. So there are others around that were assesed as ahead of him. There is also a perception that there is a NSW bias to player selection.

Quote:
2. I thought that a player must be 18 before they could go to an overseas club. FFA have denied clearance to other players because of this law. I just dont understand how it all works, one rule for some and another for the rest.

So did I it says he had an International Clearance so I wonder if the FFA stance has changed.

torana_a9x
torana_a9x
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

I think that the authority to give International clearance was transferred straight to FIFA over the FFA after the controversy caused by Reece Caira and co.

Good to see another young aussie at a big club overseas at any rate, just noticed we have a few strikers at Premier league youth teams now, Fletcher at sunderland, Tombides at West Ham and this bloke at Blackburn, add some midfield prospects in Mooy, Inmann and Markelis as well as tsovolos at Portsmouth, and Rhys William's brothers at Burnley and we have some great potential, here is hoping they can fulfill it.

jg
jg
Super Fan
Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)Super Fan (132 reputation)

Pretty sure they can go under 18 if parents go with ...in any case its up to FFA to monitor all Aussie kids overseas and let them know they are on our radar...FFS its not that hard with internet.
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
spathi wrote:

He was, he played out of the AIS as for playing with the Joeys there can only be about 20 players. So there are others around that were assesed as ahead of him. There is also a perception that there is a NSW bias to player selection.

Quote:
2. I thought that a player must be 18 before they could go to an overseas club. FFA have denied clearance to other players because of this law. I just dont understand how it all works, one rule for some and another for the rest.

So did I it says he had an International Clearance so I wonder if the FFA stance has changed.

Why is there NSW bias? This wrong wrong wrong by all standards. Only the best players should be picked no matter where they come from. If the bias is true then that just stinks. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

I only refer to NSW bias in team selections due to this

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=29957

Quote:
http://www.footballfedvic.com.au/pageitem.aspx?id=27923&id2=1&eID=7250&entityID=7250

National U13 team selected.

Six from the NSW Metro 2 squad which finished top in Pool B (the weaker group? or Division 2), 5 from NSW Metro 1 Squad (which lost to Victoria but won the Competition because of TPP bonus points),3 from NNSW that finished fourth, 3 from QLD that finished third, 3 from WA that finished 5th, and 2 from Victoria that finished undefeated.

Must be the Dutch system

spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro

Well this bias seems to prevail into the Joey's squad as well mate. I believe most if not all of them are from NSW.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Rostyn (Now A-League) and Brent Griffiths (Now Glory NYL) were with Blackburn Rovers too, around that age range.

Let's hope that, like them, he may considering returning to give the A-League a shot, if things don't work out AS EXPECTED over there.

spathi wrote:
Well this bias seems to prevail into the Joey's squad as well mate. I believe most if not all of them are from NSW.

It MAY not be that bad Spathi - I recall one Joeys squad from the recent couple years having something like FOUR West Aussies in it's squad, though two of them WERE with the AIS at that time.

But yeah there were a distinct lack of Queenslanders in that squad I recall (One?) and South Aussies (two?) and even Victorians (like three - four most?), there were like two from ACT, they have a great football program there, and the rest NSW (like ten, dozen?). That was just one crop though, but I wouldn't be surprised generally, if you tend to see a bit of 'underrepresentation' from QLD etc...

BTW There are 'State Youth Championships,' and I wouldn't be surprised that if say, NSW under 16s won that, that some more of their players may featured in the next joeys, than 'say perhaps' the South Aussie team who finished last in that tournament.

Hopefully in this 'new era,' at the elite youth level, these things may be determined a little less on results like that and more on player performance, quality etc... Because these things aren't always produced through the proportional participation figures - The smaller regions, now and again, CAN produce more players of 'genuine quality.'

And considering that, it's a shame that we have exported 'soo many' young West Aussies through that Joondalup Academy (Which has some sort of partnership with some EPL club - used to be West Ham, then Southampton or Charlton I think). Sure Lazaridis and Rhys Williams benefited from going through there, but MANY have just ended up back in the WA state league in their late teens or early 20s, and have been there ever since. None of them have even broken through into Glory's squad, I don't think.

But it IS hard to comprehensively spot, identify, then foster, all these players around the country, it would take alot of investment I guess? Then again may not so and the FFA do seem to be making strides to do so, especially with their educating elite youth coaches for around the country, that's a start.

Edited by GloryPerth: 17/6/2010 07:25:11 PM
spathi
spathi
Semi-Pro

Here's hoping GloryPerth.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

If he is a defender he can replace cragie moore at the Wc if he is allowed? on the grounds the Moore is shit house!

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Davstar wrote:
If he is a defender he can replace cragie moore at the Wc if he is allowed? on the grounds the Moore is shit house!

Gees Davstar - You see Rostyn Griffiths replacing Moore? That's moore realistic! :lol:
bypopulardemand
bypopulardemand
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

good luck to the boy... hope he comes on strong and in time for the next world cup
Head Scout
Head Scout
Under 7s
Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)

Talking out of school here!!! But... I know the kid and know the family, Here's some history Top goalscorer for Vic State at Coffs Habour 2 years on the trot (even in 2008 he missed 3 games due to injury) The boys a goal machine!!! BUT not even selected for AIS? (Boy he's glad now)

At 15 years old scored 18 goals for the VIS in VPL U21's, The leagues Top Goalscorer, The Weinstein Medal Winner (Best U16 Victoria Player) VIS Player of the Year (Scott McDonald Award) Awarded VIS Goal of the Season, STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE AIS!

Basically had enough and family moved to the UK, FFA (Like the pricks they are) tried to work on ways to block the transfer (refer Reece Caira and Alfie Little scenarios) however, International clearence eventually approved Via The Players Status Department FIFA!!!

In The UK the boy just keeps scoring goals, and gets snapped up by Blackburn, given he has a british passport both Scotland & England under-17 Coaches have watched and asked if he's avaliable?? ENGLAND CAN FORGET IT, But Scotland looking good.

The FFA are fucking idiots! They sit behind this FIFA rule which was brought in to protect the exploitation of African kids and try and stop elite ozzie talent going to FAR better, Far more professional Academys overseas. This FIFA rule has no bearing / impact on U18 year old players who transfer in The UEFA Confederation (Europe) But... Han Berger & John Boltbee (Head of Talent identification, wouldnt know a Messi/Maradona if they fell over one)

One day these imbiciles / FFA will be challenged in a court of law in relation to a breach of a basic human right, i.e that is the right to work and there contual denial of International Clearence Certificates (For U18 Football players) goes against Labor Laws Worldwide!! I believe they have already been threatened once with this and the adverse publicity that would go with it and they backed down (Bailey Wright - VIS, Now Preston North End, UK)

FFA and the Dutch Mafia need to release as many players as possible overseas, This will surely help the future performances of Australian teams be it U17, U20 Or Socceroos.

But as it is I pity the next Talented U18 Football player that is wanted by an overseas Professional Club, Because the FFA will do all it can to stop that kid for fullfilling his Footballing dreams!! In conclusion Ben Buckley and Frank Lowey (God bless his cheque book) Need to have a serious look in the mirror and change there Stance for the good of the Game.

Yours in sport, Head Scout.
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Head Scout wrote:
Talking out of school here!!! But... I know the kid and know the family, Here's some history Top goalscorer for Vic State at Coffs Habour 2 years on the trot (even in 2008 he missed 3 games due to injury) The boys a goal machine!!! BUT not even selected for AIS? (Boy he's glad now)

At 15 years old scored 18 goals for the VIS in VPL U21's, The leagues Top Goalscorer, The Weinstein Medal Winner (Best U16 Victoria Player) VIS Player of the Year (Scott McDonald Award) Awarded VIS Goal of the Season, STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE AIS!

Basically had enough and family moved to the UK, FFA (Like the pricks they are) tried to work on ways to block the transfer (refer Reece Caira and Alfie Little scenarios) however, International clearence eventually approved Via The Players Status Department FIFA!!!

In The UK the boy just keeps scoring goals, and gets snapped up by Blackburn, given he has a british passport both Scotland & England under-17 Coaches have watched and asked if he's avaliable?? ENGLAND CAN FORGET IT, But Scotland looking good.

The FFA are fucking idiots! They sit behind this FIFA rule which was brought in to protect the exploitation of African kids and try and stop elite ozzie talent going to FAR better, Far more professional Academys overseas. This FIFA rule has no bearing / impact on U18 year old players who transfer in The UEFA Confederation (Europe) But... Han Berger & John Boltbee (Head of Talent identification, wouldnt know a Messi/Maradona if they fell over one)

One day these imbiciles / FFA will be challenged in a court of law in relation to a breach of a basic human right, i.e that is the right to work and there contual denial of International Clearence Certificates (For U18 Football players) goes against Labor Laws Worldwide!! I believe they have already been threatened once with this and the adverse publicity that would go with it and they backed down (Bailey Wright - VIS, Now Preston North End, UK)

FFA and the Dutch Mafia need to release as many players as possible overseas, This will surely help the future performances of Australian teams be it U17, U20 Or Socceroos.

But as it is I pity the next Talented U18 Football player that is wanted by an overseas Professional Club, Because the FFA will do all it can to stop that kid for fullfilling his Footballing dreams!! In conclusion Ben Buckley and Frank Lowey (God bless his cheque book) Need to have a serious look in the mirror and change there Stance for the good of the Game.

Dont agree with the FFA's stance on this, but please, if you have any influence whatsoever with this kid or his family, please get him on board with the Australian national team set up when they come knocking. They will come eventually. If he really wants to acheive playing at the world cup, etc, he will not realise this dream with Scotland. Please dont let him totally dismiss playing for Australia due to a short sighted policy.

Oh, and FFA, WAKE THE FUCK UP TO YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to lose kids like this, Ciara, Little etc, if we do not HELP in their development by allowing them to get the best football education possible.
mvictory
mvictory
Amateur

Head Scout wrote:

With all sympathy to the boy and his family and I do realise that in this situation this problem is caused by the FFA but FIFA need to change the rules as to which country someone can play for. For a player to play for a national team they should have had to be born and/or raised and developed in a country for the right to play for the national team.
On the other hand good work Scotland for at least thowing interest in the future of your national team with this kid and Innman.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Hope he scores m,any goals for us.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search