Inside Sport

Fantasy EPL 2017/18 - **** SECOND AUCTION ****

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2547683.aspx

By milan_7 - 10 Jul 2017 1:11 PM

AND IT'S LIVE!

After a pretty successful season last time out, Fantasy EPL is back for another instalment. Now I will likely need some help with running the auction (there were four of us doing the auction last year) so if anyone can pitch in (whether that be guys that were admins last year or not) just chuck me a PM. 

For people that haven't played this before, check out last years thread here

There are two auctions, the first of which will start in about 2 weeks once the participants are finalised. This auction will finish a few days before the season starts and you will be able to pick four players, using a budget of 20 million. However the less you spend in that first auction the more you will have for the second, which will be after the transfer window shuts.

In terms of rules, the fixtures will be announced once we have all the participants. It is a head-to-head format and every time one of your players scores (or if you choose to pick a goalkeeper every clean sheet) you will be granted a point, also you have the opportunity to pick a captain who will be granted points for every assist.

There is one NEW rule this year, the players who finished in the top 4 (Jewy, BETHFC, Icy, JLM) will be allowed to use a double captain two times this season, once before January and once after. During these rounds their chosen captain's points will count as double. After much deliberation I have decided there will be no monetary rewards or punishments for last season's top 4 and bottom 3. However during the Fantasy World Cup at the end of the year the top 4 will count as seeds.

There are twenty spots available. I think it could be tough to fill that many this year with forum activity going downwards but we will do our best.

If you would like to participate post below!
By inala brah - 25 May 2018 5:12 PM

i did the maths. turns out i won. you all owe me a case of beer.