Inside Sport

Cooking and dining out

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2641355.aspx

By Decentric - 10 Apr 2018 8:38 AM

I'm going to try this thread in Extra Time, as I've tried to engage friends in this discussion in public on the internet but few have taken it up apart from when we see each other face to face. I'd probably have somewhere between 30-60 friends who are excellent cooks.

I've been a keen cook since 18 years old and have found two wonderful recent acquisitions to our culinary repertoire. My better half is a keen cook too, as well as my adult kids. Most who like cooking, love eating!

The first fabulous acquisition is a Weber BBQ. 

Recently we bought a Weber 3200. It was the same price as a Beefmaster we'd previously bought, and other brands all of similar price - about $700.

The assembly of the Weber  was simply awful, with very poor instructions including installing four critical bolts  back to front.

Conversely, the cooking instructions for the Weber are fabulous from an Aussie on Youtube videos. I'm not sure if he is a chef, but I'm cooking the best BBQ food I've eaten for these following foods.

*Beef steaks.

*Pork steaks.

*Lamb cutlets.

*Lamb chops.
*Chicken  breast kebabs.

*Marinated  butterfly lamb.

* Corn on the cob.

* Zucchini. 

Things cooked things slowly like sausages, patties and rissoles are no better on the Weber.

The cooking performance of the Weber is superb for the aforementioned items. Previously I'd five different instructions from five different chefs on how to cook steak, which has previously resulted in intermittent success with all of the  other BBQs I've used.

I always failed cooking chicken breast kebabs and had to use chicken thighs instead.

We haven't done it yet, but roasts are supposedly excellent on the Weber too.  

The Weber also stands up well in Choice tests. Moreover, they perform very well relative to other BBQs when  it is windy.

They are so good, don't even consider other BBQs, although some friends have a Ziegeler and Brown which looks like similar technology. They are gourmet cooks, but to date what they've cooked for us on their Z &B is nothing like the Weber.

The cleaning instructions are also excellent and it is easy to keep a Weber clean. 

I won't even order most of the successful things cooked when we dine out, because they are often expensive and even the best are no better than the home cooked Weber.

By Decentric - 12 Apr 2018 3:59 PM

LFC. - 12 Apr 2018 12:28 PM
Can't disagree on the weber.
Its compact simple design makes it very easy to pack in the back of my 4x4 with gas bottle or not hire one where away and cook in the outdoors instead of the dirty communal bbq's and where we stay at caravan parks etc......
Heck even pack the mini nespresso !

The wife does many stir fries similar to what you've quoted.

We have a portable electric BBQ, but I can't face using it if we go away because of the vastly superior Weber cooking performance.