Inside Sport

Feedback on Save The Forum thread in AF

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2797506.aspx

By Decentric - 10 Jun 2019 10:04 AM

Thanks for all the contributions guys.

There are a number of axioms held by a majority of members of the forum.

I'll post some of them here. Others will be posted when past Mods have expressed their views  in the democratic process.

* There is a demand for more tactical and technical content on the forum.

Action: With not  all the Mod panel feeding back at his point in time we have a few solutions.

1. Melb City Guy has set up a Tactics thread. Hopefully, the more tactically minded members  like New Signing, Melbourne Terrace, Quickflick, Sports Addict, Bunch Of Hacks, City Sam, et al, will participate in this thread. Thanks to Melb City Guy!

2. I'll recommence  the Stats /Analysis threads for the Socceroo games and post separate  threads in AF. Compared to years ago, they generated less interest in recent times  than the past.

* There has been  considerable discussion about whether politics in football should be included in  threads. There seems to be no conclusive majority either way. Persuasive arguments have been advanced by both camps. Some have been drawn to the forum because of the political discussion in football threads. Others repudiate it.

Action: Because of no clear majority, it is not clear how to resolve this issue ATM?

* Amalgamation of Sections of 442.

Some posters have advocated the fusion of  World Football with Australian football with some persuasive arguments as to why. Ditto amalgamating State Football with Australian football. This could possibly generate more traffic and activity  in the main section, which could conceivably termed General Football Discussion.

Action: Not all Mods have replied yet, but one experienced Mod who sees merit in the idea, said there could be problems implementing it. Moreover, there  could be instances  where we lose all the old threads, like some of the Stickies, if this course of action of amalgamation  is pursued.

* Highkick may have  many excellent IT solutions for the forum, but some of us can't visualise them because we don't have his expertise in IT.

Action: Other than meeting up with Highkick and seeing what he means, it is difficult to visualise his ideas.

* Too many linked articles form the FTBL homepage.

This was advanced by Bundoorah Brah, but I'm not sure how many others feel this way?

In another recent discussion, a few of us commented how much we liked the linked articles from the FTBL Home Page, namely an article about Zac Anderson's  career since he left Oz and played in Asia.

If they are football articles, I'm not sure how they are counterproductive to discussion? It may be a case of less posters starting their own threads.

Action: I don't know. Maybe there needs to be more discussion on this issue?

By aok - 14 Jun 2019 10:13 AM

mcjules - 14 Jun 2019 8:19 AM
aok - 14 Jun 2019 8:01 AM

No we shouldn't. It's enough now, Decentric has stepped down as a Moderator and  has been restored as a regular forum user by KA so he should no longer be a topic of concern. You're allowed to not like each other but derailing threads by having goes at each other is not going to be tolerated.  Keep things on topic and things will be fine.

Thanks guys.

Thanks mcjules