Inside Sport

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic392417.aspx

By Funky Munky - 3 May 2009 6:30 PM

Heineken mentioned it in the Jokes thread, and this idea is fairly popular on another forum I'm on. Basically, if something pisses you off, annoys you, or anything like that, post it hear. Rant, Rave, whatever you want. Just be sensible, and don't use this to target other members of the forum.
By Munrubenmuz - 19 Oct 2022 1:30 PM

So....

How's this. I've played and reffed all year. About 2 months ago I hurt my heel. (Like a stone bruise, that sort of pain except worse.) Took me about 3 or 4 weeks to get over it but I was back and playing and reffing. Last Thursday night I hurt it a bit on the same foot playing 35s. Not a lot but a bit. Anyway, reffed 2 games Saturday morning for the under 12s and it was a little sore then went and did the men's 2nd division semi. Blew my foot right up. So had to come off in the 2nd half and stand on the line. So that means I missed Monday night's semi (2 nights ago) for the 35s team I played for, which we won and will now miss the GF on Friday night. To make things worse I was appointed to the men's 2nd division GF to ref it and had to pull out because I'm a fucking cripple. FARKING FUCK. Play and ref all year only to come crashing down at the final hurdle. FFS!

On the plus side I was appointed the AR role in the main CPL final here about a month ago. The bloke who got the centre is about 8 years younger than me and more experienced so whilst disappointed I understand. I had a lot of people come up to me and said I was unlucky not to get the centre which was nice.

On the minus side I was an AR for an elimination semi on Saturday for, get this, an under 12 girls match and I had a parent come up to the game and tell me I need to be more 'impartial'. What the hell? Says I needed to let the centre ref do his job. Thing is the centre ref is in a first year 'green' shirt (signifying he's a 'first year') and my presence on the line is as an AR firstly but as a mentor as well. Twice I had to tell him to blow his whistle. Once I had to advise him when he was going to give an indirect free kick in the box for a handball. Not even my call for the handball which he made himself but he ran over to ask me and I said 'no, if it's handball it has to be a pen'. On one of the other fouls I told him to card the player because, although only 11, she shoved the played right over when they were both chasing the ball.

At least the parent wasn't yelling and shouting. I actually said to him mate I don't have a horse in this race. Then I told him my kid plays for that club. I don't think it made a difference to him. 

Fingers crossed my foot recovers for the Pan Pacifics at the Goldy in November.
By Munrubenmuz - 19 Oct 2022 1:41 PM

Also if I hear one more fuckwit say 'you know what that means mate hurr, hur hurr?'

'ya getting old'

No shit Sherlock, tell me something I don't know.
By tsf - 19 Oct 2022 2:37 PM

fark spewing.

poor cnut
By NicCarBel - 2 Dec 2022 2:41 PM

I've been off here for a couple years, and wow would I have some stories for this..