SOCCEROO match stats/analysis

SOCCEROO match stats/analysis

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I am at the 26 minute mark, after watching most of the game with another coach this morning in live action replay.

Some players are just not improving in many ways. Davo has been surprisingly shown up by Elrich, who anticipates, reads the play much better, jockeys better, and has vastly superior game sense to Davo.

Davo peaked at the World Cup and seems to be treading water since. His Championship club football is doing nothing for his development as an international player. Conversely, Bailey Wright is showing far nroe composure and ability as a CB from his Championship football than Davo.](*,)

Leckie still struggles to anticipate attacking interplay, makes bad decisions too often, certainly when playing wing later in this game. His technique still fails too often under pressure.

Leckie compensates with a great engine and terrific tracking back when we don't have the ball, but really struggles to combine with the attacking interplay combination with Mooy, Luongo ( far better as a midfielder than wing) and Rogic for a player with so much international experience.

Wright, Elrich and Mooy, as well as Rogic to a lesser extent, exhibit decidedly superior game sense and consistency even as inexperienced international players, to Oar, Leckie and Davo as experienced international players.

Oar , another experienced international player has been poor for most of his time on the pitch apart from two superb crosses and beating two players and shooting on target in one action.

Are Oar, Davo, and Leckie ever going to improve their consistency ? Mooy, Wright, Rogic (still makes a few mistakes) and Elrich, all inexperienced, are more consistent, better combination players and operate more effectively as part of a collective team unit.

Rogic is at times brilliant, but his lack of stamina and athleticism off the ball, really places him as only a great impact player for about 30 minutes per game. He cannot sustain his performance over 90 minutes.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=110333

This is the link for the Jordan/Australia game.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=111530

Here is Krygystan v Socceroos in Canberra in November 2015.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=115557

This is the link for the Jordan game in Sydney.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

For those who have contacted me about match stats for England, I am travelling in Portugal and France until 21st June.

If I find replays on Fox when I get back, I'll do the England and Greek games. The people that know football in Europe were impressed by the Socceroos, even if some know nothing pundits in the Pom media weren't.

Edited by Decentric: 30/5/2016 06:17:43 AM
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric wrote:
For those who have contacted me about match stats for England, I am travelling in Portugal and France until 21st June.

If I find replays on Fox when I get back, I'll do the England and Greek games. The people that know football in Europe were impressed by the Socceroos, even if some know nothing pundits in the Pom media weren't.

Edited by Decentric: 30/5/2016 06:17:43 AM

Listened on the radio for first half, and Chris Waddle was impressed with the competition winning style of play of Aus.
he is also fan of moy despite him being not the quickest.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Tickler
Tickler
Fan
Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)Fan (61 reputation)

[youtube]/watch?v=rW9Z2rJ-mRY[/youtube]
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

For the first time since Jordan In March I'm doing the stats for both games - Iraq and UAE.

Haven't finished the first game against Iraq, but Milligan's passing was simply phenomenal against them at CB.

As long as Australia have the lion's share of possession and Jedi plays as DM, with his outstanding heading skills, Millsy shapes as the first pick CB. None of Sains, Spira, Wilko,  have anything like his distribution qualities and composure on the ball.

Another interesting phenomenon, is that at long last, Leckie may have made some marginal, belated and much needed improvement to his technique. 

Juric 's general forward play has also improved. Someone who has improved from a European sojourn.

Smith has made some awful mistakes. The one thing that he has though is extreme pace. His ability to turn and chase and catch players is outstanding.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Decentric
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Decentric - 6 Sep 2016 8:01 AM
For the first time since Jordan In March I'm doing the stats for both games - Iraq and UAE.

Haven't finished the first game against Iraq, but Milligan's passing was simply phenomenal against them at CB.

As long as Australia have the lion's share of possession and Jedi plays as DM, with his outstanding heading skills, Millsy shapes as the first pick CB. None of Sains, Spira, Wilko,  have anything like his distribution qualities and composure on the ball.

Another interesting phenomenon, is that at long last, Leckie may have made some marginal, belated and much needed improvement to his technique. 

Juric 's general forward play has also improved. Someone who has improved from a European sojourn.

Smith has made some awful mistakes. The one thing that he has though is extreme pace. His ability to turn and chase and catch players is outstanding.

Interesting observations. Thought Leckie was one of our best on the night also. Agree on Milligan, quite like the combination of he and Sainsbury.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I've just finished the Iraq game, but won't post it until I've done the UAE game and will post them simultaneously.

A few brief comments after stats and many hours looking at replays.

Ryan - not much to do.

Degenek - played much better than I originally thought from live viewing. No too bad a performance.

Sainsbury - enjoyed doing his stats, as he has rarely been in the team when I've done them before, like when he played in the  Asian Cup. Very impressive in so many areas.

Milligan - outstanding. Best on ground.

Smith - great potential and has serious pace and athleticism.

Jedi - good, but mishit a lot of passes.

Luongo  - decent game and improved as game went on.

Mooy - well down on his usual form, but improved as the game went on.

Rogic - an absolute shocker by his standards. Still did some useful things though. Iraq tackled him and dispossessed him a lot, unlike Glasgow Rangers who couldn't lay a tackle on him, making them look stupid at times.

Juric -  has improved from playing Europe. Did a good job for the team.

Leckie - at last, his technique has finally improved.  It needed to. Had a good game.

Kruse - worse than he was earlier in the year, but still useful.

Irvine - better than expected, but was outmuscled.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/2510461/AUSTRALIA-v-UAE-statsanalysis

This this is the link to the UAE game in Sydney in March 2017.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search