Academies that tour Asia

Academies that tour Asia

Author
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Aussiesrus wrote:
2007 - Blacktown City, 1st grade, Golden boot 24 goals, Rising star award.

Orly?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Arosina wrote:

Plus how many on 442 would actually understand what I say? Somewhat futile methinks.

I've thought of others to add the illustrious list above.

There are five former state league players who post regularly on here.

One who you know but probably haven't realised he played at senior state league level.

Another who you know and probably don't realise he played at senior state league level.

Another who has played at state league level and represented the state senior level.

All these aforementioned guys haven't played in the more elite VPL or NSWPL. The following have though.

One guy who has played at senior level in the NSWPL and is pretty forthright on 442.

Another who has played at senior level in the VPL and is moderately active on 442.

All these guys have posted intermittently on here.](*,)

I think they would understand your posts.:)
Arosina
Arosina
Super Fan
Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric wrote:
Arosina wrote:
Plus how many on 442 would actually understand what I say? Somewhat futile methinks.

Very poor judgement, Arosina, and very patronising. Not like the prudent poster I knew in the past.:-k

As it was intended to be. No sense of humour?

skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Quote:
And that doesn't include the biggest name of all - the frequent poster who is a national geriatric champion as a 50 year old playing against 75 year old social footballers, and, who has been offered a paid position coaching at a number of A League clubs. Instead he has turned his back on coaching chooses to spend his time trolling interent football forums and trying to stifle football discussion!!!!

Does this poster have coaching experience and if so, how much and at what level?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
skeptic wrote:
Quote:
And that doesn't include the biggest name of all - the frequent poster who is a national geriatric champion as a 50 year old playing against 75 year old social footballers, and, who has been offered a paid position coaching at a number of A League clubs. Instead he has turned his back on coaching chooses to spend his time trolling interent football forums and trying to stifle football discussion!!!!

Does this poster have coaching experience and if so, how much and at what level?

I'm not sure if you are being facetious, Skeptic, but grand master of Australian geriatric football can explain himself in his inimitable style. Hopefully, before his inexorable gravitation to his 442 red and subsequent enforced retirement from this forum.

The details have already been disclosed on this thread. My sources tell me he failed the FFA refresher course for formerly accredited coaches. Yet a number of A League clubs are apparently seeking his coaching services in a paid capacity.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure other A League youth coaches like John Aloisi, Steve Corica and Tony Vidmar would also throw it all away for a chance to post gobbledygook in an unpaid capacity across the Australian football internet for 100 hours a week too.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Decentric: 2/12/2011 05:49:45 PM
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I'm being serious, actually and i'm not interested in mature men trading childish insults in the school playground while they giggle at each other. Trying to get an answer out of you buggers is akin to pulling teeth.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

skeptic wrote:
I'm being serious, actually and i'm not interested in mature men trading childish insults in the school playground while they giggle at each other. Trying to get an answer out of you buggers is akin to pulling teeth.

Why don't you ask the person in question. See if you get anything that can be bonofide proof.

Where Judy Free loses respect is he flames and trashes without obtaining the full facts and in most cases ignores the facts in pursuit of trashing and flaming.

I must admit though he cracked me up entirely with his flaming of JP.

True champions don't live off their names or past history. It's what they do after that which defines them as true champions. In my eyes anyway.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

bat fink wrote:
given that he was mentioned by basha without any knowledge of the article going to press

Going to press?

It's just a dodgy website making dodgy claims, which (thankfully for your kid) no one reads.

Pick up the phone, call Basha and get it removed, FFS.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
Hopefully, before his inexorable gravitation to his 442 red and subsequent enforced retirement from this forum.

That day is prolly drawing closer, Jonny boy.

Another 10 or 15 whinging PM's to the mods from your goodself should get this over the line.

But job done, you've been outed (again).

Edited by judy free: 2/12/2011 09:24:48 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

Judy,

Haven't you got better things to do like go down the beach and kick over some kids sand castle or better still go and wreck the bingo game at your nursing home.

Decentric is not looking for credibility on this forum. He is looking for fresh ideas and to bounce a few of his own off the 4-4-2 knowledgable.

Cut the guy some slack.

As for me bring it dude. I love a good challenge. So when you "think" your good enough perhaps i'll take you seriously.

But let's face it, thinking isn't one of your strong points.

Edited by Aussiesrus: 2/12/2011 09:49:01 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:
As for me bring it dude. I love a good challenge. So when you "think" your good enough perhaps i'll take you seriously.

Cheers pleb.

If only I gave a fuck.

skeptic
skeptic
Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:
skeptic wrote:

Why don't you ask the person in question. See if you get anything that can be bonofide proof.

Where Judy Free loses respect is he flames and trashes without obtaining the full facts and in most cases ignores the facts in pursuit of trashing and flaming.

I must admit though he cracked me up entirely with his flaming of JP.

True champions don't live off their names or past history. It's what they do after that which defines them as true champions. In my eyes anyway.

What's claimed on here can be substantiated off here by anyone willing to do the work and know where to do it. And please don't get me involved in the poking out of tongues and hair pulling. I outgrew that many years ago.

And again, trying to get an answer out of you buggers is akin to pulling teeth and that alone, through my sceptical nature, never fails to prompt me to keep asking.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Judy Free wrote:

Cheers pleb.

If only I gave a fuck.

Red pills not working for you?

Skeptic,

What questions?
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Judy Free wrote:
bat fink wrote:
given that he was mentioned by basha without any knowledge of the article going to press

Going to press?

It's just a dodgy website making dodgy claims, which (thankfully for your kid) no one reads.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/98594,sleagues-a-match-for-aleague.aspx

was referring to this article
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

batfink wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
bat fink wrote:

Going to press?

Does Basha still manage him Batfink?
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Batfink,

The article was created back in Mar 13 2009 00:59

4-4-2 is who you need to contact if you want it removed.

The article is also particular to A-League in 2009 and prior to what he compared in S-League 2009 and prior.

This article makes sense back then as HAL sides don't have a great track record in ACL. Next ACL though will be a different ball game as Brisbane Roar playing some brilliant football and the Central Coast Mariners also playing some good football will change that.

Tony's reference is with respect to the technical side rather than the physical side of football. Also if you look at the bigger picture we rate and rank behind Japan and while the aussies are bigger and stronger the Japanese were technically superior to win the Asian Cup.

So while Tony's statement appeared rather bold back in 2009 it still holds true until now in 2011-2012. The only way to prove things have changed is for an Aussie side to win the ACL. I reckon Brisbane Roar will go very close if not win it. I personally think Ange is one of the best produced local coaches in the country and has Brisbane playing the best style of football in the country without doubt.

Edited by Aussiesrus: 3/12/2011 12:37:56 PM
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

neverwozza wrote:
batfink wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
bat fink wrote:

Going to press?

He never was his manager, he just liked Bryan as a player and spent many many hours getting him fit for singapore at NO COST at all, he just did it because he beleived in Bryan, then he took him over to singapore and had him signed up at Balestier Khalsa, once again at NO COST.

could do with a decent agent but to be honest haven't found one.
batfink
batfink
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:
Batfink,

The article was created back in Mar 13 2009 00:59

4-4-2 is who you need to contact if you want it removed.

The article is also particular to A-League in 2009 and prior to what he compared in S-League 2009 and prior.

This article makes sense back then as HAL sides don't have a great track record in ACL. Next ACL though will be a different ball game as Brisbane Roar playing some brilliant football and the Central Coast Mariners also playing some good football will change that.

Tony's reference is with respect to the technical side rather than the physical side of football. Also if you look at the bigger picture we rate and rank behind Japan and while the aussies are bigger and stronger the Japanese were technically superior to win the Asian Cup.

So while Tony's statement appeared rather bold back in 2009 it still holds true until now in 2011-2012. The only way to prove things have changed is for an Aussie side to win the ACL. I reckon Brisbane Roar will go very close if not win it. I personally think Ange is one of the best produced local coaches in the country and has Brisbane playing the best style of football in the country without doubt.

Edited by Aussiesrus: 3/12/2011 12:37:56 PM

i am fully aware of that, i don't have an issue with Aiden or basha, i tend to agree with the article to some extent, the issue i have is with the keyboard warriors, who soil players so they can act like hero's and have no thought's of what they are doing to the player, adding comments and innuendo about the player at hand, with little or NO facts about the matter to back them up,while they hide behind the keyboard safe in the knowledge that they can remain anonomous......pathetic really, i wonder how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot??????
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Batfink,

Tony does that for talented players who he believes are exceptionally talented, work hard and have a bright future. For Tony it's never about making money but by the same token he does this for a living. So like everyone else he has to pay his bills and eat. That's why the Academy fees are very affordable for most people. Tony does provide free services for his students that are exceptional.

ASA this year has been given approval by Man City to send 2 gifted players annually for trials but as you can imagine they must be exceptional. Tony now has player agent services available through his contacts in the UK. As we know Tony can get players into Asia and UK if they are good enough.

As for the gutless keyboard warriors that hide behind keyboards and just throw shit that will mostly be the case on public forums. Except one forum I know of ;)

Edited by Aussiesrus: 4/12/2011 02:57:41 PM
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:
ASA this year has been given approval by Man City to send 2 gifted players annually for trials.....

Oh really?

Ever heard of Trevor Todd?

He's now keeping a close eye on certain deceptive practices.

Tread carefully.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Judy Free wrote:
Oh really?

Ever heard of Trevor Todd?

He's now keeping a close eye on certain deceptive practices.

Tread carefully.

Which has nothing to do with ASA :roll:

Edited by Aussiesrus: 4/12/2011 04:28:55 PM
Arosina
Arosina
Super Fan
Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)Super Fan (114 reputation)

Obviously Im one of the targets of this "keyboard warrior" shit so let me respond to that with a categorical "fuck off and die".

That is all.

batfink
batfink
Legend

meh....
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

batfink wrote:
neverwozza wrote:
batfink wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
bat fink wrote:

Going to press?

He never was his manager, he just liked Bryan as a player and spent many many hours getting him fit for singapore at NO COST at all, he just did it because he beleived in Bryan, then he took him over to singapore and had him signed up at Balestier Khalsa, once again at NO COST.

The only reason I ask is that I met a bloke the other day and his son was always just on the cusp of getting a gig in the a-league and didn't for one reason or another. He said the only thing he would have done differently is get his son a good manager at about the 15/16 age as he was just relying on his and his mates own knowledge and in hindsight they knew sweet fuck all.
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

Australian players, playing in Australia, don't need managers/agents.
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro

Judy Free wrote:

Yep but there seems to be a few younger players that can't get a gig here and are looking overseas.
batfink
batfink
Legend

Judy Free wrote:

i don't know about a manager, perhaps an agent would be able to get you connected with the right people....

but to be perfectly honest how you find a decent agent is beyond me, it's sort of like russian roulette, and by the time you find out they are shite or dodgey the opportunities have evaporated......

the other thing is that in football it seems quite acceptable to tell a player that we will be in touch and then never call,to me it would be far more professional to just say "look your not the type of player we are looking for at the moment" so the player can get on with the task of trialing and finding a berth.

batfink
batfink
Legend

neverwozza wrote:
batfink wrote:
neverwozza wrote:
batfink wrote:
Judy Free wrote:
bat fink wrote:

Going to press?

The only reason I ask is that I met a bloke the other day and his son was always just on the cusp of getting a gig in the a-league and didn't for one reason or another. He said the only thing he would have done differently is get his son a good manager at about the 15/16 age as he was just relying on his and his mates own knowledge and in hindsight they knew sweet fuck all.

yes , well this sounds very familiar, we had the same drama, and lot's of times there are political reasons why you don't get signed.....

Political intervention has stiffled us on 2 occasions now, and each time the coach has come back and apologised about mucking us around, very weird bunch of people football administrators/managers.........
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro

batfink wrote:
but to be perfectly honest how you find a decent agent is beyond me

Yep, fair call.

Recommendations from other players is best way forward.

Scroll thru our Licenced Agents list and I can tell you it's mostly just a collection of fanboys who passed the (piss easy) exam back 02/03 when FIFA and SA were giving away the title to swell the ranks. Prior to 02/03 there were only four, now there's about 40. Most of 'em aren't active and wouldn't know shit from clay.
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

[quote=batfinkthe other thing is that in football it seems quite acceptable to tell a player that we will be in touch and then never call, [/quote]

thats not that bad, had a player on 6 week trial, bust wrist after 2 weeks and got binned .

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search