*Official* Celtic Thread: Darkest before the Dawn.

*Official* Celtic Thread: Darkest before the Dawn.

Author
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
🍀🇳🇬🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🇳🇬🍀
CHAMPIONES CHAMPIONES OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!!!

Eight straight League Titles (two to go...)
We are also just the one win away from a historical 'Treble, Treble'.

Hail, Hail 🍀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

What are the odds for Rangers giving Celtic a 'Guard of Honour' next week at Ibrox?? 😄   Anyone???....

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Well done Celtic. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Anywhere top watch the cup final tonight? Normally there was a big line up of English f.a cup, scottish f.a cup and German cup one after the other but obviously they aren't all played the same day this year. Noticed its not on sbs or foxtel this year. 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Very nice by Edouard. We deserved that goal.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

derbies only games worth watching imo in the SPL.
Rangers pressed high searching for that goal so the counters were likely for Celtic closing out the game.
Cut throat ending as usual, got to say the officials suck - some of the tackles were a joke that should have been pulled up from either side.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 2 Sep 2019 11:20 AM
Rangers pressed high searching for that goal so the counters were likely for Celtic closing out the game.
Cut throat ending as usual, got to say the officials suck - some of the tackles were a joke that should have been pulled up from either side.

I agree 100%. Both teams were lucky not to go down a man with a couple of the tackles that the ref turned a blind eye too.

As for the match, and comparing the teams qualities... The gap is still there to be seen by all.  The Huns still have a fair way to go if they want to close that gap, and take the Championship off us.  Otherwise it's business as usual.

HH🇮🇪🍀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yep agree.
SG needs some more funds - otherwise it won't happen.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 10 Sep 2019 12:02 PM
yep agree.
SG needs some more funds - otherwise it won't happen.

The Rangers board have back him moreso then they did his predecessors when it comes to releasing funds for the transfer market. If WHEN Celtic wins the League again this season, it will put us at nine League titles straight.

Both teams have won '9-in-a-row' once each, but neither team has ever done the '10-in-a-row' before. If come next season, and we are going for the '10-in-a-row', I can see the Rangers board busting the bank and doing whatever they can to stop us from achieving the '10-in-a-row'.

So this season might come a bit to early for him and his players to bring success (League title) to Govan, but next season?? Maybe??  A lot will also depend on what the Celtic board does with making funds available.

When it comes to spending money, they (the Celtic board) always seem to have trouble remembering where they left the money. They have no problems making money (ie selling our best players + money from Europe), spending?? That's another story altogether.
IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!!

The money we have, and the debt that we don't have, should have us in a position where we shouldn't be troubled at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the board isn't wasteful and reckless when it comes to the money side of things, yet at the same time our squad needs strengthen, especially if we want to compete in Europe.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
5 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

i hear you.

Love Football

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Well that's the perfect league start ended, but I thought we were unlucky.
Could've easily had 2 penalties there and dominated the match overall.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Nice win. Top of the group. Keep it up. 🤗

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Nice!! With two games remaining in the group stage, we are sitting top of the group, and have already qualified for the round of 32.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

That crazy time of the season (December) is upon us...
9 games in 29 days.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

I'll take an ugly win, over a sexy loss every single time  - Especially if there is a trophy in the line.

10th straight domestic title in the bag.

HH 🍀🇳🇬

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

congrats even though over my scouser mate.
Done it hard - you've won every domestic trophy since 2016 and Brown his 20th major honour I read.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 9 Dec 2019 9:58 AM
congrats even though over my scouser mate.
Done it hard - you've won every domestic trophy since 2016 and Brown his 20th major honour I read.

Cheers pal 🙂
Yeah, unbelievable. Last time we lost a Cup match, was back in 2016 in a Scottish Cup Semi-Final (lost via penalties against the Huns). Since then we have won 31 domestic Cup games straight, picking up 7 Cup Titles along the way.

Our run will end some day. I honestly can't believe it didn't end last night - Crazy!! But as I have said many-a-time 'I'll take an ugly win, over a beautiful loss every time - Especially if there is silverware to be won'.

It's going to be interesting as to how both teams react to last night's results, and whether or not it will affect the teams over the upcoming fixtures.

As for Brown. He has won 21 major honours. 20 at Celtic (18 while captain), and a League Cup title when he was at Hibs.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro

We are lucky to be level at half time, even with a missed penalty.
Lennon needs to change things in the second half if we want to avoid a loss here.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I know its water under the bridge but one for SG finally.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 2 Jan 2020 10:39 AM
I know its water under the bridge but one for SG finally.

Hopefully the wake up call/kick up the arse for the Bhoys needed to step up a gear or two, once the football starts up again after the winter hiatus.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy - 2 Jan 2020 4:20 PM
LFC. - 2 Jan 2020 10:39 AM

Hopefully the wake up call/kick up the arse for the Bhoys needed to step up a gear or two, once the football starts up again after the winter hiatus.

⬆️⬆️⬆️
Which seems to have been the case  🙂👍

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep, pretty much over with 8games to go but........the impossible can happen lol
At least you have competition again, for the rest are years off, 29points, and 3rd to SG is 19points.
He's done ok for a newbi.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 14 Feb 2020 12:28 PM
yep, pretty much over with 8games to go but........the impossible can happen lol
At least you have competition again, for the rest are years off, 29points, and 3rd to SG is 19points.
He's done ok for a newbi.

The league hasn't been decided yet as there is still 12 games to play. That said, at the minute we are looking really good for 9 straight.
---
As for Gerrard "doing ok" - you would hope so with the way their board has backed him (both financially & time) compared to previous managers. If his name wasn't Steven Gerrard, I feel he would have been fired by now.

So has he really been "doing ok"?? He has been the Sevco manager for almost two seasons, and with a team that is HIS team. No silverware won to date. While the board has backed him like they have??

I don't know. I guess that is a question for the Huns to decide.  What will/do they classed as an acceptable season??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Being a strong 2nd now last 2yrs is no reason to tip him off or any coach imo, sure his name probably gives him some rope but I expect the board would think he's a better chance to draw better new players than someone else ? who knows.
Is 2nd good enough, the best of the rest ? ofcourse not and I'm sure they are burning about it what competitive club doesn't.
2nd year is his team more than the first season. Klopp took 3/4yrs :)
Considering where they were in 12/13 and back they are not too far off.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Edouard could easily be a transfer target for some of the English premier League clubs?
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

MarkfromCroydon - 15 Feb 2020 1:01 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Edouard could easily be a transfer target for some of the English premier League clubs?

Absolutely.
Edouard will leave, and leave for good money, and yes, he could easily crack the EPL, and one of the top teams at that.

With that said,  if when we win the 9, and are going for the 10, I really hope the board relaxes the purse strings somewhat, and break the wage structure for just next season to make sure we have Edouard for one more season at least as we go at the 10 - That, and sign Forster on a permanent. 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

won't be surprised if there isn't offers through the summer or already.

Love Football

Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

LFC. - 2 Sep 2019 11:20 AM

Cetic v Aberdeen always a cracking game, so too rangers aberdeen. Thats it for me from that league
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I can't disagree......
The divide is huge this year, if Celtic Rangers weren't there it would be a close comp haha.....

Hey BBhoy, one of my best coachs in my young days in Div1 as it was back then quoted he played for Motherwell.
Not sure at what level of whatever but at training he looked a good player.
Got to lol compared to todays coaching philosophy - he taught us how to go in hard in one on one tackles, and to not back off on through balls into the keeper, his demonstration of this one night I'll never forget - he sure went through our keeper (a mate of mine) and split his ear open whilst going through him alright to score lol...........blood was everywhere.
Then coaching from the sideline screaming out to our useless refs (in his opinion) - in his accent -  Refereeeeeeee %$%&&&#@.
He got sent off the ground a few times.
Funny days but he coached us well.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 15 Feb 2020 9:36 PM
I can't disagree......
The divide is huge this year, if Celtic Rangers weren't there it would be a close comp haha.....

Hey BBhoy, one of my best coachs in my young days in Div1 as it was back then quoted he played for Motherwell.
Not sure at what level of whatever but at training he looked a good player.
Got to lol compared to todays coaching philosophy - he taught us how to go in hard in one on one tackles, and to not back off on through balls into the keeper, his demonstration of this one night I'll never forget - he sure went through our keeper (a mate of mine) and split his ear open whilst going through him alright to score lol...........blood was everywhere.
Then coaching from the sideline screaming out to our useless refs (in his opinion) - in his accent -  Refereeeeeeee %$%&&&#@.
He got sent off the ground a few times.
Funny days but he coached us well.

Hehe.... Yep chalk and cheese.  Today they won't be in a job long with those types of training philosophies and tactics.  That said, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen every now and then to sort out some of the prima donnas that we have in the game. 😁

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search