*Official* Celtic Thread: Darkest before the Dawn.

*Official* Celtic Thread: Darkest before the Dawn.

Author
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 7 Oct 2020 4:45 PM
modern football has changed the feelings of the past.
Traditions are fading and money is all that matetrs, yes its damn important but the culture is changing barring for ol skool supporters.....
Them can't stay down forever and like I'm rejoicing the fall of my ol nemisis at OT winning doesn't last forever as you know.
10yrs of winning would be a massive feat and it just may go down to the wire this time for a change and I think Hoops will be in the drivers seat come 2nd round on but we shall see.

Hey count yourself lucky you only have Edouard to worry about out, I'm in much more hurt atm lol :(

Re Tradition. Money.  Etc....
Yeah, times are changing, and changing fast 😟🥺
I will keep the good fight going as long as I can 😉
That being said, I do appreciate the importance of money, especially coming from a League that doesn't have any. I will also admit, that at times I have looked over the border with envy (as Celtic will never reach our true/full potential).... At the same time, I have seen what has happened south of the border where inflation has skyrocketed through the roof, and thanks to that inflation we have seen everything turned to utter chaos. Where there is crazy and stupid numbers being thrown around for players (both transfers and wages).  Where attending matches is now more akin to a tourist attraction, as the locals are now being priced out of attending matches to see their local heros.

Surely things cannae continue as they have been??
What will post Covid football look like??

I know Scotland is different to pretty much all the other major leagues in Europe... Where clubs make about 43% of ALL their revenue from gate receipts. Compared that to the European average of about 15%, then it's crazy - It is also scary, especially when one considers clubs have no idea of when they will see crowds through the turnstiles again... And when they are allowed to return, will the damage already be done??

-----

Re Edouard... Yeah, true. Compared to what you guys have at the minute, things can most definitely be worse 😦🙁

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 7 Oct 2020 6:27 PM
LFC. - 7 Oct 2020 4:45 PM

Re Tradition. Money.  Etc....
Yeah, times are changing, and changing fast 😟🥺
I will keep the good fight going as long as I can 😉
That being said, I do appreciate the importance of money, especially coming from a League that doesn't have any. I will also admit, that at times I have looked over the border with envy (as Celtic will never reach our true/full potential).... At the same time, I have seen what has happened south of the border where inflation has skyrocketed through the roof, and thanks to that inflation we have seen everything turned to utter chaos. Where there is crazy and stupid numbers being thrown around for players (both transfers and wages).  Where attending matches is now more akin to a tourist attraction, as the locals are now being priced out of attending matches to see their local heros.

Surely things cannae continue as they have been??
What will post Covid football look like??

I know Scotland is different to pretty much all the other major leagues in Europe... Where clubs make about 43% of ALL their revenue from gate receipts. Compared that to the European average of about 15%, then it's crazy - It is also scary, especially when one considers clubs have no idea of when they will see crowds through the turnstiles again... And when they are allowed to return, will the damage already be done??

-----

Re Edouard... Yeah, true. Compared to what you guys have at the minute, things can most definitely be worse 😦🙁

I'm with you re the good ol fight ! :) can't change the decade I was born lol.....

Its disgusting what game tickets cost nowadays, I feel for the locals agreed, I look through the crowds and think, damn these people have some coin !
The poor local season ticket holders must be spending 3/4 of their wage !!
The times I have travelled abroad and attended games I scoff at the cost/s but look at it like a once in a lifetime.
Clubs have become companies, especially the huge ones, sad but true.
Local up and comers are battling to break through and having to get a gig elsewhere in most case's.

Post covid ? who knows, FIFA is another crook in itself as we all know and the main big clubs have too much clout today so who's gonna give in ? A break away comp with the big boys only as has been mentioned ??? hope bloody not to me.
What Governing bodies need to do post covid is help and support the lower grade Clubs who are broke or folded over Covid for starters.
The colateral damage will be terrible.

Damage has been done, more so for SPL in that case relying on gate takings more than the others.
Not a good scenario :(

LFC will bounce back I have no doubt about that - thats my only positive spin since last weekend.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

LFC. - 8 Oct 2020 10:05 AM
BrisbaneBhoy - 7 Oct 2020 6:27 PM

Its disgusting what game tickets cost nowadays, I feel for the locals agreed, I look through the crowds and think, damn these people have some coin !
The poor local season ticket holders must be spending 3/4 of their wage !!

This is were supporting a team north of the border has it's benefits 😉

The average adult season ticket price for Celtic is about £500-ish, which worked out to be about £23/£24 per game. The prices the teams in England charge, you just cannae compared.  I read something somewhere, were it listed the average prices of English teams. A couple of the English teams (I cannae remember which teams) season ticket prices averaged close to £1500 for a ticket 😳 That's crazy. That's 3 times that of Celtic.

*Do you know what Liverpool charge for their season tickets?? Also what is the average price for a single matchday ticket??

**While talking about season tickets, I have to give a big shout out to all those who renewed/bought a season ticket for this season, knowing that they may not actually be able to attend any matches in person this season.  Celtic sold out all their season tickets (over 50k), along with having a waiting list of 17k+.  Just shows how important this season is to the fans. 

Note -  Season ticket waiting lists are great motivators for those with tickets to renew 😄 

HH  🇳🇬🍀🇮🇪

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Always more affordable in a league with a slightly less profile - don't take this wrong but no doubt about the benfits but its all relative in any case depending on average wage etc But when supporting those Name Clubs would be hard for most average wage earners no matter where.
Those Clubs have become Banks in their own right, talking Barca/RM/Juve/United/even Arsenal at their Emirates is OTT and you know where they have been placing the last number of years incl missing CL.
I know LFC have listenned to our Kop faithful trying to keep game tickets affordable so to speak - especially after the re work increasing capacity by 12k some 4yrs ago which Fenway agreed.
My last checks below
The most expensive season ticket for adults will remain at £869 in the Main Stand with the cheapest at £685 in the Kop. For over-65s they range from £652 to £514 and for young adults (17 to 21) from £434.50 to £342.50. A junior (16 or under) season ticket is set at £165.Mar 29, 2019......
So if in the Kop @685 div x 40+ games if you attended all around A$81.00 a game, that would increase for CL games ofcourse.
IMO @ A$81 a league game compared to a local SFC game being a member as I am in todays money its well worth it from my perspective.

I took the fam x 6 whilst in Madrid to watch RM vs Malaga 3yrs ago not a great opponent but it was the timing and last minute decision day before game......
Was near on full house anyway but we got ticks online knowing we'd be robbed - we got ticks near to halfway line about 10rows back, costed A$2200.00 !
A$366 each FFS ! don't ask, wife is Portugese and ofcourse Ronaldo is King, happy wife happy life they say.
Prior to that game whilst in London No1 son is a Spurs fan arranged ticks online weeks before at WHL vs Chelsea, farfar more respectable around A$80-130 and well worth the night.

Yer kudos to any supporter putting their money behind their Club whilst no attendance is confirmed, passion love it !

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 9 Oct 2020 12:22 PM
Always more affordable in a league with a slightly less profile - don't take this wrong but no doubt about the benfits but its all relative in any case depending on average wage etc 

I don't take that the wrong way, and I agree 100%. I know for a [FACT] if we were dropped in the EPL tomorrow, the price will go up according. Just  the way things go.  As you have rightly said before, clubs these days are more big corporations/businesses, than sport clubs, and are run like so 😟😡

If only they were content with the TV and prize monies 😟

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

And another one catches Covid while away on International duty. 😡😟😔

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep - when you hear of this gets concerning a break out might end up stopping leagues going ahead.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Mate, that would hurt, just how I'm feeling after this weekend.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

I had low/very-low expectations heading into the match after the build-up we had + the way we have been performing all season to date. So the result wasn't a shock. That said, I did expect the players to play with a bit more heart and desire then what they showed in the match.

Hopefully that result gives the players the kick-up the arse that is needed to turn things around before it is to late 😕

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

cheez mate, tuff one again yesterday and at home.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

hey what you guys doing, gonn have to win those 2 games in hand in the league.
Gotta turn the tables vs Prague as well.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 12 Nov 2020 11:56 AM
hey what you guys doing, gonn have to win those 2 games in hand in the league.
Gotta turn the tables vs Prague as well.

I'm not bothered about the Europa League this season, and for once I'm hoping we don't have any European football after Christmas (for this season). The League is what is most important.  With being two games in arrears already,  and another match being added to those two games come December 20th means we will need to find room for an extra 3 league games in an already crowded fixture list. It's hard enough playing catch up as it is 😟

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

The scenes after the League Cup defeat while somewhat understandable, the blame was directed in the wrong direction. Yes, Lennon has to take some of the blame for our current poor form, but (currently) not as much as the players poor form (mostly defensively) on the field, and the boards actions (inactions) off it.

The board have the most to answer. Their cost cutting/doing things on the cheap over the past several seasons, in part due to the lack of competition (and the weakness of the Huns) is now hurting us. For years they have only been doing the bare minimum knowing that we would win the League, instead of laying the foundations down that would set us up for years to come both domestically and in Europe.  We are now seeing/suffering because of the boards pasts seasons of doing the bare minimum and inaction. To make things worse, because of how we finished last season, the board again had this belief that things will come easy again for us -  They haven't learnt!!

While the season isn't over YET, if things don't turn around NOW, it will be over!!! Then all Hell will break out!!!

▪︎For the record - I am PISSED with the current situation we have put ourselves in 🤬🤬🤬
It also doesn't help that the Huns are in unbelievable form right now 😩😡

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

AGAIN!!! Defence lets us down!!! 🤬🤬🤬
The only saving grace was the match was a dead rubber. Things better improve come Sunday, otherwise our season will be over...

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

win those 2 make up games will be a different outlook but you got to win them.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 7 Dec 2020 9:15 AM
win those 2 make up games will be a different outlook but you got to win them.

Oh, I know, but with the way we have been playing I'm not exactly confident at winning the catch-up matches (will be 3 matches behind come Christmas) at the minute 😕

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I'm sure their form will change, every teams does as you know.
Mind you I'm happy for SG at this stage but you know that.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

YASS!!!! GET IN THERE!!!!
WE DONE IT!!!!! - Be it by the dreaded 'penalty shootout', but we did it nevertheless.
HISTORY MADE.... The first ever 'Quadruple Treble'!!!!

Lennon also made some Celtic History by becoming the first ever to win the 'Treble' both as a player and manager of Celtic - Well done Lenny 🙂

With all that said, we still have major issues that needs fixed, and fixed FAST!! Defensively we are still all over the place. 😟😕

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

12th Cup in a row, kudos Hoops.
Pity Rogic's volley drifted wide but at least he was on from 68th min.

yer a challenge in the league even with the 3 games in hand will be an interesting run last third of the season.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

So today's the day we either lose any and all realistic hope we have of winning the League, and along with it achieving the 'Historical/Mythical 10-in-a-Row'.....  Or, today IS THE DAY when the real chase and fight for the League Title and that 'Historical/Mythical 10-in-a-Row' (that we have all been dreaming of) begins.....

I hate the emotions I go through on game day - Both in the lead-up and during the matches 😟🤢🤮

C'MON lads, don't let us and yourselves down 🙏😔
– 'Mon The Hoops 🍀🇮🇪

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
3 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Starting to feel a wee bit better (for the now).... The Guinness is cold and been going down well, along with the tunes playing.... Getting fired up now - Keep this up until kick-off and my nerves may/should have calmed down enough by then 🤞😉😀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy - 1 Jan 2021 3:01 PM
So today's the day we either lose any and all realistic hope we have of winning the League, and along with it achieving the 'Historical/Mythical 10-in-a-Row'.....  Or, today IS THE DAY when the real chase and fight for the League Title and that 'Historical/Mythical 10-in-a-Row' (that we have all been dreaming of) begins.....

I hate the emotions I go through on game day - Both in the lead-up and during the matches 😟🤢🤮

C'MON lads, don't let us and yourselves down 🙏😔
– 'Mon The Hoops 🍀🇮🇪

I just realised I'm a wee bit early (*blushes*) 
Turns out today is the 'FIRST of January' and not the 'Second' 🤔🤨🤣

– Just read the above tomorrow (the 2nd January) instead  😉😜😂

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy - 1 Jan 2021 5:02 PM
Starting to feel a wee bit better (for the now).... The Guinness is cold and been going down well, along with the tunes playing.... Getting fired up now - Keep this up until kick-off and my nerves may/should have calmed down enough by then 🤞😉😀

My nerves will be well and truly calm by kick-off if I keep this up until game time. I started a wee bit early it turns out (a whole day) – Whoops 😁😂🤣

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

SEASONS OVER!!! 😟😡🤬😢

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep pretty much.
I know the feeling but worse for you in the big picture after winning for so long and going for 10.
Nothing lasts forever.
I'm happy for SG mind you.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

I'm looking forward to the final whistle of match that will finally, mathematically and effectively finish the season — whatever way that it may end.....

It has been a season that I would sooner rather forget (to date)... What else could go wrong?? Oh, I know.... Another Celtic player has just came down with Covid!!!!   *shakes head in disbelief*

-----------

▪︎A QUICK SUMMARY OF THE SEASON SO FAR▪︎

▪︎Heading into the season the hope's were high (but still being cautious).
▪︎The start of the season (the early weeks) some concerns (ie CL qualifiers etc), but still in good spirits.
▪︎Next couple of weeks mood started to change. Celtic couldn't seem to catch a break. It was either with a run of bad luck/misfortunate events — ie like several players catching Covid, to others picking up other injuries, but mostly at the disbelief at what I was watching/seeing unfold during the matches....
Where was the team that completely ran away with the league only a few months earlier??
▪︎With each Passing week, things stay the same — regardless what was tried or changed or who was playing. Nothing improved.

**The whole time saying to myself... "There is still plenty of time. Things will surely start to click and come together on the field. The run of bad luck/misfortune events are surely past and done with" (or something along those lines/thoughts)**

SO.......

▪︎Just over a week ago against the other mob things were looking promising. We were dominating the game. Dictating the tempo and pace — yet we couldn't find the breakthrough. Then in a blink of an eye we self implode (again like so many other times throughout this season).  — First we give away a stupid foul that saw a straight 'red' given (a fair call by the ref IMO) — Moments later, the other mob scores via one of our players scoring an own goal!!!!!!
▪︎Now!! Just the in last day or so, another player of ours comes down with Covid!!!

All this by the first week of January... What can one say to all that??.....

-----------

So yes, I am looking forward to when the final whistle is blown in the match that will finally, mathematically and effectively finish this season — whatever that outcome will be (yes, deep down I know how it ends) — but I will still be holding out for a miracle 🙏😟😩 (a fool I know)😩

And start afresh for the Season of 2021/22 😉😕

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
Reverber7
Reverber7
Under 7s
Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)Under 7s (8 reputation)

What an implosion from a board that has got every decision wrong this year, to a group of players who clearly don't want to be there. It could not have happened to a more self entitled group of fans. Fucking hilarious.

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Well, that's Jeremie Frimpong sold then. Always knew this day was coming, I just wasn't expecting it to be so soon.

One cannae really complain too much – Yes it would have been nice to see him stick around for a wee while longer, but he was always going to move on, and Celtic was only a stepping stone to the bigger leagues.

With our season over, and Bayer Leverkusen offering Celtic £11.5mil for a player we paid only £300k just 18 months ago was always going to be to good of an offer for the board to turn down.

Anyways, I wish the kid all the best, and hopes he experiences many more successes in his next chapter(s) of his career 🙂

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

When on top there is only one way that occurs as we all know - you've had a great run in the big picture how it goes.

Frimpong was always going one day - great investment outcome can't complain just depends what they buy in the future.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

LFC. - 29 Jan 2021 9:21 AM
Frimpong was always going one day - great investment outcome can't complain just depends what they buy in the future...

Very true. We have been very hit or miss when it comes to the players we've signed for the past several years - It's been more miss than hit unfortunately 😕

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search