Transfers

Transfers

Author
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mk0825 wrote:
Yeah. I jumped teh gun a bit with muntari. Not done but should be done soon. Quite disappointed to see him leave but Inter is a better club than Pompey. (No shit!)

Liverpool have signed another young spanish player. Emmanuel Mendy. An 18yo Right back who will play for the reserves this season. Free transfer.

Muntari is set to have moved yesterday, according to BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7523278.stm

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Also forgot, Blackburn should be signing Carlos Villanueva, Chile's player of the year, but not Segundo, who was trialling with them.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7514549.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7514549.stm
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
He mustnt have signed a new deal. Whether he wasnt needed/wanted or he wanted to leave i dont know.

Obviously. But I'm apprehensive if Rafa is signing players not deemed to be good enough for Murcia, who lets face it, suck.
Quote:
Muntari is set to have moved yesterday, according to BBC

Skysports said it wasn't a done deal just yet. And skysports are the most reliable I've found.

Blackburn signed Paul Robinson. I'm not sure if I'm suprised by that or not. With the arrival of Gomes his time was probably limited, but I thought they'd keep him on as a decent backup.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

That was a bad move even though Friedel wanted out he was still bloody good and he always seemed to hit very good form against United
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Goal.com has it official Muntari to Inter. Another reason why Serie A is the going to be great this season. Quaresma not far off too. I understand about the stadia and violence in Italy, but many coaches are now adamant to improving the situation. As for 237 people turning up for a match. That is complete and utter bullshit. Juve filled their stadium on most occasions last season, as they were playing at the NEW Turin Olympic stadium which holds around 25,000. They were playing there because they have moved out of the Delle Alpi while work is underway on the NEW, STATE OF THE ART, EXPENSIVE, 40,000 CAPACITY Juventus Arena. They would've got 23,000 RonnieWhelan, not bloody 237. On another Serie A stadia update, Palermo president Mauro Zamparini has declared plans are at an advanced stage to build a stadium with about 40,000 capacity. San Siro is set to receive a refurbishment to last the current deal Inter and Milan hav there. A state of the art stadium is also being planned in Catania.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Yeah but Mate Victory have a higher average attendance than the best club in Italy thats not on and i am a fan of both.
Muntari hmm i dont think he will be that good for Inter i know when Juve were rumored to get him he would have been good with us but i dont know about Inter
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
Yeah but Mate Victory have a higher average attendance than the best club in Italy thats not on and i am a fan of both.
Muntari hmm i dont think he will be that good for Inter i know when Juve were rumored to get him he would have been good with us but i dont know about Inter

As I said Jventus are playing at a 25,000 capapcity stadium, while Victory is playing at a 50,000 capacity stadium, plus how do u know Juve's average attendance?
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Group: Banned Members
Pascal Chimbonda and Teemu Tainio to Sunderland.
HailtheCelts
HailtheCelts
Rising Star
Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)

Ex AEK Athens and Roma defender Dellas to a Cyprian club. That guy could have gone to a mid-table cub in either England, Spain or Italy but noooooo, he chooses Cyprus.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Cyprus would be sweet as to live at if you had the money tbh.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

HailtheCelts wrote:
Ex AEK Athens and Roma defender Dellas to a Cyprian club. That guy could have gone to a mid-table cub in either England, Spain or Italy but noooooo, he chooses Cyprus.

He's 32 FFS. Most players at that age are looking to finish off their careers rather than trying to crack into the big leagues.

Quote:
Cyprus would be sweet as to live at if you had the money tbh.

Even sweeter if you're getting paid to live there and all you have to do in return is play football :cool:
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Yeah, come to think of it, why don't all older players go there? :p
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro

According to UEFA.com, transfermarketweb.com and Goal.com Muntari and Inter are officially an item, and Muntari is going to be unveiled to the media tommorrow.
Boulahrouz to Stuttgart and Fernando Meira from Stuttgart to Galatasaray. Peter Odemwingie looking close PSG and Everton's Joao Moutinho bid rejected.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
Goal.com has it official Muntari to Inter. Another reason why Serie A is the going to be great this season.

I think that just about says it all if you're banking on Muntari to make the serie A great this season. Especially since when he was last there, the serie A was in termoil and it was far from either's finest hour.
Quote:
On another Serie A stadia update, Palermo president Mauro Zamparini has declared plans are at an advanced stage to build a stadium with about 40,000 capacity. San Siro is set to receive a refurbishment to last the current deal Inter and Milan hav there. A state of the art stadium is also being planned in Catania.

Fascinating. But even mid-table teams in England boast ~40k+ seat stadiums. And Serie A's top teams can barely lure that kind of a crowd on a good day...
Quote:
Turin Olympic stadium which holds around 25,000.

27,500 actually. And most of their attendances were around the 20k mark, so I'd say things were pretty embarassing for them all up.
Quote:
According to UEFA.com, transfermarketweb.com and Goal.com Muntari and Inter are officially an item, and Muntari is going to be unveiled to the media tommorrow.

uefa.com I'll believe, as long as it's their own reporting and not goal.com's...I haven't seen anything about it yet.
Moutinho will still be gone by the end of the transfer window.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

um pretty sure ive already reported the Boulahrouz deal
mitch_pompey
mitch_pompey
Hacker
Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)Hacker (310 reputation)

although its a shame to see muntari go after only one season
12.7million pounds is too good an offer to turn down.
considering i cant remember a great performance since his demoliton of villa.
Nico
Nico
World Class

Sahar will be good if he gets a go for Pompey imo.
kimTHEcorpse
kimTHEcorpse
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

just wondering....i'm still a bit noob....
is there a transfer window in the a-league? i haven't heard anyone mention this before?

thanks in advance.
martyB
martyB
Legend

I think there is one in November.
RonnieWhelan
RonnieWhelan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)

PazzaInter wrote:
Goal.com has it official Muntari to Inter. Another reason why Serie A is the going to be great this season. Quaresma not far off too. I understand about the stadia and violence in Italy, but many coaches are now adamant to improving the situation. As for 237 people turning up for a match. That is complete and utter bullshit. Juve filled their stadium on most occasions last season, as they were playing at the NEW Turin Olympic stadium which holds around 25,000. They were playing there because they have moved out of the Delle Alpi while work is underway on the NEW, STATE OF THE ART, EXPENSIVE, 40,000 CAPACITY Juventus Arena. They would've got 23,000 RonnieWhelan, not bloody 237. On another Serie A stadia update, Palermo president Mauro Zamparini has declared plans are at an advanced stage to build a stadium with about 40,000 capacity. San Siro is set to receive a refurbishment to last the current deal Inter and Milan hav there. A state of the art stadium is also being planned in Catania.

For your Reference:
237 Fans
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/mar/12/theknowledge

Wow, Juve filled a 25,000 seater stadium. Liverpool could fill that 4 times over.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Group: Banned Members
Im pretty sure most EPL clubs have a waiting list too.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
12.7million pounds is too good an offer to turn down.

Well...atleast they made back the money after being sodomised for all we could get for crouch.
Quote:
is there a transfer window in the a-league? i haven't heard anyone mention this before?

Transfer window for the A-League (officially) is from 1st June-31st July and 1st-30th November.
Quote:
Wow, Juve filled a 25,000 seater stadium. Liverpool could fill that 4 times over.

I hear four tiems over,...do I hear five times? I think we could get the biggest crowds in the world if we had the stadium for it.
FINALLY Robbie is a done deal. I did say we'd sign him, even if I was 10 days out on the actual date...
AJ look sset to join Fulham too. Fuck they're spending up this year. Apparently they're spending 12mil pound on him!
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro

Ok people prepare to be amazed. Please take a few minutes to read this article.

Click here

When these projects are finished, Serie A will be BY FAR the best league in the world.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The reason the crowds are shit is because the stadiums are trashed, and the stadiums are trashed by the fans. Building new stadiums won't improve anything, it'll jsut give them somethign new to trash.
And good stadiums doth not make a league.
That list is just an underquoted fans wishlist. Where the hell are Sampdoria going to get 160mil pound from??
Liverpool's new stadium is costing in excess of 400mil and just to add 10k to Anfield they were quoted 200mil!

And just because the stadiums are better doesn't erase the corruption in the league, nro does it erase the deep-seeded fan violence that is scaring the players away from the Serie A.
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro

afromanGT wrote:
The reason the crowds are shit is because the stadiums are trashed, and the stadiums are trashed by the fans. Building new stadiums won't improve anything, it'll jsut give them somethign new to trash.
That list is just an underquoted fans wishlist. Where the hell are Sampdoria going to get 160mil pound from??
Liverpool's new stadium is costing in excess of 400mil and just to add 10k to Anfield they were quoted 200mil!

And just because the stadiums are better doesn't erase the corruption in the league, nro does it erase the deep-seeded fan violence that is scaring the players away from the Serie A.

The reason the crowds are shit is because the stadiums are as well. People won't go to games at shit stadiums. There is definately enough support to have better attendances than any other league. The factors that are stopping the FIGC in getting guys to games is because the stadiums are shit, unsafe and terrible for viewing. Once these stadiums are built (looking at about 2012 at the latest) there is no reason why it cant be leaps and bounds ahead of the EPL. I have every confidence in it to be, should these structures be completed.
Crowd violence would plummet, and viewing would be better.
Your point for Samp not affording a stadium, there is no reason why they can't. They are a big club, and im sure they'd have rich owners capable of donating for one, with sponsors and governmen grants, why not afromanGT, why not? The Allianz Arena was almost fully funded by the ponsor, Allianz insurance.
And when was a player ever scared to go to Italy? Plz tell me of one.
nr690
nr690
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

PazzaInter wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

The reason the crowds are shit is because the stadiums are as well. People won't go to games at shit stadiums. There is definately enough support to have better attendances than any other league. The factors that are stopping the FIGC in getting guys to games is because the stadiums are shit, unsafe and terrible for viewing. Once these stadiums are built (looking at about 2012 at the latest) there is no reason why it cant be leaps and bounds ahead of the EPL. I have every confidence in it to be, should these structures be completed.
Your point for Samp not affording a stadium, there is no reason why they can't. They are a big club, and im sure they'd have rich owners capable of donating for one, with sponsors and governmen grants, why not afromanGT, why not? The Allianz Arena was almost fully funded by the ponsor, Allianz insurance.

hmmm that would be one Marco Breciano although he isnt coming to italy rather running away from it
RonnieWhelan
RonnieWhelan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)Hardcore Fan (236 reputation)

PazzaInter wrote:

The riots in Catania last season were in the streets, the violence isn't strictly confined to the stadium. In fact most happens in the surrounding areas & side streets. How exactly is a row of seats gonna stop the Ultra mentality. These groups have such a large influence on some clubs that to isolate them or outlaw them would be almost suicide for many smaller clubs in Italy.

Even with these proposed stadia the league won't be as you say "leaps and bounds ahead of the EPL". The Premier League stadiums are all well advanced and many of them are modern structures. The Premier League stadiums are built and enhanced to deal with growing demand whereas the majority of Serie A is just looking to make safe arenas, and in the case of Juve they are downgrading from over 60,000 to a smaller 40,000 arena because they can't fill the Della Alpi and costs of running the stadium weekly at an average of almost a third of capacity is crippling.

Arsenal signed a major deal with Emiartes to partially fund their new stadium at Ashburton and fill it regularly although recently Wenger announced in an interview that the debt to finance such a venture is still holding the club back in terms of money for transfers and wages. Can a club like Sampdoria realistically take on a project the equivalent of the Emirates and still be financially sound enough to attract big name players? Italian TV revenues still aren't a patch on the Premiership funds.

Will your new stadia reduce the levels of corruption ranging from Match Fixing, dodge finances and doping?
HailtheCelts
HailtheCelts
Rising Star
Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)

PazzaInter wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Completely different subject but is the Allianz Arena the best looking stadium around?
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro

RonnieWhelan wrote:
PazzaInter wrote:

The riots in Catania last season were in the streets, the violence isn't strictly confined to the stadium. In fact most happens in the surrounding areas & side streets. How exactly is a row of seats gonna stop the Ultra mentality. These groups have such a large influence on some clubs that to isolate them or outlaw them would be almost suicide for many smaller clubs in Italy.

Even with these proposed stadia the league won't be as you say "leaps and bounds ahead of the EPL". The Premier League stadiums are all well advanced and many of them are modern structures. The Premier League stadiums are built and enhanced to deal with growing demand whereas the majority of Serie A is just looking to make safe arenas, and in the case of Juve they are downgrading from over 60,000 to a smaller 40,000 arena because they can't fill the Della Alpi and costs of running the stadium weekly at an average of almost a third of capacity is crippling.

Arsenal signed a major deal with Emiartes to partially fund their new stadium at Ashburton and fill it regularly although recently Wenger announced in an interview that the debt to finance such a venture is still holding the club back in terms of money for transfers and wages. Can a club like Sampdoria realistically take on a project the equivalent of the Emirates and still be financially sound enough to attract big name players? Italian TV revenues still aren't a patch on the Premiership funds.

Will your new stadia reduce the levels of corruption ranging from Match Fixing, dodge finances and doping?

I think it will go a long way to fixing that. This stadia would give the league a better image, so maybe the FIGC will really want to crack down on the corruption. Also recently the FIGC have been beginning to realise that the league has shocking corruption. Most of the coaches are very determined to change the state of the game.
The difference between Samp and Arsenal getting a stadium is that the Emirates Stadium cost 430 million pounds, so thats like 500 million euros, and the new Samp stadium is valued at 126 million euros.
And what is wrong with these stadiums being designed to be safe? And as for your point of Juve not affording the stadium rent an whatever is complete bullshit and untrue as Juventus don't even own the stadium, the local council does. The reason why the stadiums are shit is because the local council owns them and couldn't give a shit about them. This is why the clubs want to build a new stadium.
PazzaInter
PazzaInter
Semi-Pro

i just thought i'd show u guys this pic of the Estadio Artemio Franchi. You have to look through about 3 fences to see the ball. All the clubs need to do is where the ultras sit, elevate it like it is in Germany.

Artemio Franchi shocking view
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search