Basketball Thread

Basketball Thread

Author
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
i think steph curry has the quickest release action for a 3 point shot in the history of the nba.
fucking insane

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:
BETHFC wrote:
I felt so sorry for the shit Porzingas copped when he was drafted by the Knicks. Now he's their best performer. The Knicks don't deserve him after the way he was treated before he even had a chance to prove himself.

Man has been killing so far, fair play to him

The best thing for him is to go to a good team as a middle finger to the unappreciative Knicks fans who booed him and bombarded the twitterspehere after he was their first pick.

He's shown why he was a first pick.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Needed double OT to get past Boston but Warriors now 24-0 and 2nd all time longest winning streak with 28 games.

Also 6-0 on this roadtrip and a win against the Bucks tomorrow will make the Warriors the first team ever to sweep a roadtrip of I think 5 games or longer.
Somebody
Somebody
Amateur
Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)

They still got to win the Championship otherwise these records are useless imo. I see 4 teams who can beat GSW in a 7 game series. They are playing great atm and Curry is easily the MVP.

Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Welcome Home
Sydney Kings

#SoDo SoPa
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Open Air game
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Nice seats, nice photo.
Up the ante
Up the ante
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)

AEK Spartan wrote:
Nice seats, nice photo.

Yeah that looks phenomenal.
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

was drunk the other night and looking at old nba highlights.
This dunk has to be my absolute favourite, so nasty.
If anyone can beat this one post it here.

[youtube]AMSBqO9E5BU[/youtube]
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

actually I think this beats it holy shit lol

[youtube]srl2Bwh6A3I[/youtube]
The Maco
The Maco
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

David Blatt fired from the cavs, ESPN reporting that over the lost month he had lost the locker room

That demolition job by the warriors last week must've been the nail, even with them starting to run away with the East
switters
switters
World Class

The Maco wrote:
David Blatt fired from the cavs, ESPN reporting that over the lost month he had lost the locker room

That demolition job by the warriors last week must've been the nail, even with them starting to run away with the East

when they say locker room, what they really mean is lebron James
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

Also Jerome Randle is a player that's way too good to play in the NBL - constantly getting game MVP

This will be the only season hes here in Australia, he'll settle for a euro league payday

Edited by condemned666: 23/1/2016 11:35:51 AM
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

switters wrote:
The Maco wrote:

when they say locker room, what they really mean is lebron James

yep!
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Spurs handed a lesson by the Warriors :D
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Spurs handed a lesson by the Warriors :D

Was not expecting that
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Australia drawn with USA in Olympic basketball group stage

AAP appearing in the Guardian on 12 March, 2016 wrote:

The Australian men’s basketball team will face defending champions the USA in the group stage of this year’s Olympics, delaying a possible meeting in the knockout rounds.

The world No1 outfit have eliminated the Boomers in the quarter-finals of the past two Games, in London and Beijing, denying them a crack at an elusive Olympic medal.

But being drawn in the same group gives them a chance to progress before potentially facing the Americans again deep in the finals phase.

Australia have been drawn in Group A, alongside the USA, China, Venezuela and two teams to be decided at qualifying tournaments in July.

Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Lithuania headline Group B, which also includes Nigeria and one qualifier.

Andrej Lemanis’ men will open their campaign against two qualifiers on 6 and 8 August, before the USA on 10 August, China on 12 August and Venezuela on 14 August.

The Australian women’s team are scheduled to play Brazil first-up, followed by clashes with two qualifiers, then Japan and another qualifier. The Opals are aiming to win their sixth consecutive Olympic medal but first gold.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/12/australia-drawn-with-usa-in-olympic-basketball-group-stage

Edited by quickflick: 12/3/2016 08:24:16 PM
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Virtually no chance of upsetting a team that has James and Curry.

But I really hope they can medal. Mills as main scorer for us. Simmons off the bench to chip in. Dellavedova has improved a lot and Bogut will be invaluable.

One of the criticisms of Simmons is that he's not good at the line. I don't get this. How can you be average at FTs when you can score from so many other parts of the court?
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I'll be surprised if Simmons actually goes to Rio.

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 12/3/2016 08:44:41 PM
switters
switters
World Class

quickflick wrote:

But I really hope they can medal. Mills as main scorer for us. Simmons off the bench to chip in. Dellavedova has improved a lot and Bogut will be invaluable.

One of the criticisms of Simmons is that he's not good at the line. I don't get this. How can you be average at FTs when you can score from so many other parts of the court?

its not just him. a lot of players in the nba have poor technique when it comes to free throws. one of the big mistakes is a lot players don't bend there knees while in the act of shooting.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class

switters wrote:
quickflick wrote:

its not just him. a lot of players in the nba have poor technique when it comes to free throws. one of the big mistakes is a lot players don't bend there knees while in the act of shooting.

But how do they manage to post seemingly easier shots elsewhere on the court but do so abysmally at the line?
switters
switters
World Class

quickflick wrote:
switters wrote:
quickflick wrote:

But how do they manage to post seemingly easier shots elsewhere on the court but do so abysmally at the line?

Its probably something that isn't a huge priority for most players in the USA. In Europe the players there are great in all fundamentals of the game. Even most of the centers and forwards are very capable 3 point shooters.

I was a very good free throw shooter when I played. Driving to the basket was my biggest strength so I thought Id work hard on my free throws to take advantage of any Illegal contact. Id always watch the rim, bounce the ball a couple of times. Bend the knees, using my knees to do most of the work in terms of power. On the rare occasion I did miss, Id readjust.

Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

Blake Griffin (which team does he play for these days?) gives an appearance on Comedy Central's Broad City :-k
adrtho
adrtho
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

Condemned666 wrote:
Blake Griffin (which team does he play for these days?) gives an appearance on Comedy Central's Broad City :-k

LA clippers

it far faster to google he name then it is to post here asking

Edited by adrtho: 2/4/2016 12:20:50 AM
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

adrtho wrote:
Condemned666 wrote:

LA clippers

it far faster to google he name then it is to post here asking

Edited by adrtho: 2/4/2016 12:20:50 AM

Yeh, but players change teams like everyone changing their clothes. and I dont follow the nba that closely. I do know he started out with the clips, hes known for dunking the ball and thats about it :-k

Anyway the point of the post was that Griffin was on a tv show, sportspeople arent known for acting that much. Lebron James had a role on Trainwreck, although he outstayed his welcome in that film

Edited by condemned666: 2/4/2016 10:24:05 AM
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

Andrew Gaze has been named Sydney Kings coach

The kings have also signed Kevin Lisch
switters
switters
World Class

Condemned666 wrote:

Awesome player and might possibly be a member of the Olympics team. But some decent competition ahead of him.

as for Gaze, I'am not to sure about him as a coach. I think sydney need someone with more experience.
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

switters wrote:
Condemned666 wrote:

Awesome player and might possibly be a member of the Olympics team. But some decent competition ahead of him.

as for Gaze, I'am not to sure about him as a coach. I think sydney need someone with more experience.

Sydney is a bit of a basket case with regards to their basketball...
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Andrew is coaching Tigers in SEABL this season.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So Thon Maker wants to enter the 2016 draft. If he does it would probably give Australia two very high first round draft picks with him and Simmons.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search