NPL - New South Wales Conference

NPL - New South Wales Conference

Author
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Big Wally - 11 Mar 2018 10:49 AM
Flea and Tsekenis. What were u expecting?

Probably was hoping for a bit to much. Can see a few teams maybe struggling with the jungle that is Marconi's pitch. Anyone that plays even a moderately high line will have trouble.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 5 Mar 2018 4:18 PM
LFC. - 5 Mar 2018 2:33 PM

As long as I've known Rage, the FB page has been unused. I'm surprised with your results vs SD Raiders but they might have moved everyone around in order not to show you anything. There was a similar discussion before our fixtures vs Gladesville. ;)

We played Hurstville Zagreb. 18's 1-1, 20's 1-0 win and 1st grade were leading 1-0 at half time. I'm not sure what the final result was. 

Mate, don't take it out on us coming weekend :)
Having played a trial against Lions a few weeks ago they were better than expected.
For us Camden all 3 grades play some good ball.
Our 18's should have buried them by HT, missed enough chances to go in 3up min.
Allowed them to play 2nd.
Our 20's played the worst I'd seen to date but at least bagged the points.
1st's were up 3 by HT, complacency typically followed by a red so hung on last 25 under the pump but deserved win.
See you next week. 

Love Football

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Marconi, one chance one goal... and a couple of half chances... 

We should of got something out of the game, hit the post and came close of several occasions. I guess playing on synthetic pitches week in week out can have its disadvantages too lol.... However a proper local derby game, played with a lot of passion and aggression, with 9 yellow cards... i enjoy having marconi back in the top league.

bring on blacktown at home this weekend 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Sounds like the good ol days - reckon its great Marconi are back.

Good point re synthetic - being used to it then going to play on grass.
Huge diff the roll of the ball/bounce.
Even the contact when kicking the ball can get you caught out at times on syn.
You really have to re a just.
We train on grass and have moved to a new home ground for this season on with syn pitchs.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

great start for us with a well deserved 1-0 win over sutho. should of been more.

very entertaining derby to kick off our season.

funny how grant lee pre game and post game was going on about our physical play etc. IMO silly comments and unjustified. Jacob tratt was lucky to not be given a straight red for flying in with elbows off the last corner. kamikaze style and he ended up hurting himself.  that said hope hes ok.
we now head to the gong to take on the wolves. I heard their two jap boys played very well against blacktown. add in a few other boys like Montgomery, McDonald and theyre a solid team. wont be easy.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Kolner
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 9:31 AM
theFOOTBALLlover - 5 Mar 2018 4:18 PM

Mate, don't take it out on us coming weekend :)
Having played a trial against Lions a few weeks ago they were better than expected.
For us Camden all 3 grades play some good ball.
Our 18's should have buried them by HT, missed enough chances to go in 3up min.
Allowed them to play 2nd.
Our 20's played the worst I'd seen to date but at least bagged the points.
1st's were up 3 by HT, complacency typically followed by a red so hung on last 25 under the pump but deserved win.
See you next week. 

Yeh it wasn't a good week results wise but the club is headed in the right direction after almost getting relegated last season. Good things take time. I'll see you in less then a week. Welcome to Granville. 
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Disappointing not to start the season with a win. We were awful in the opening 15 minutes - copped a soft goal from a corner when the keeper probably should've claimed it and then managed to clear one off the line not long after. Marconi's grass was not mowed and it took us a while to get a bit of rhythm going. Wouldnt be surprised at all if those were the instructions from Tsekinis to the groundsman. 

Marconi pressed high from the kick off and put us under a bit of pressure. With the ball not moving across the pitch they managed to force a few errors. But once we got used to the pitch and they tired it was all us. Vekic pulled off a few fantastic saves, Nikas hit the post and Payne put one just wide from the edge of the box. 

Was good to see a bit of fire out there... a few hard challenges, a couple of scuffles, a few yellows. 

Looking forward to seeing how we look at home this week
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 12 Mar 2018 10:43 AM
LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 9:31 AM

Yeh it wasn't a good week results wise but the club is headed in the right direction after almost getting relegated last season. Good things take time. I'll see you in less then a week. Welcome to Granville. 

Agree, I'm sure the club will get up, there is always the fire in there just needs the managing.
Yer Saturday not that far away !

Good reports from the SU marconi game.
Regards their long grass, this is just the case for us next week at Garside, good ol Rage like having it long for as long as I can go back.
Slows that ball down heaps till you adjust.

Love Football

No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 10:33 AM
Sounds like the good ol days - reckon its great Marconi are back.

Good point re synthetic - being used to it then going to play on grass.
Huge diff the roll of the ball/bounce.
Even the contact when kicking the ball can get you caught out at times on syn.
You really have to re a just.
We train on grass and have moved to a new home ground for this season on with syn pitchs.

No more Magdala lmfao? where you playing this year? ELS Hall?  The souvla better be coming with

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 2:05 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 12 Mar 2018 10:43 AM

Agree, I'm sure the club will get up, there is always the fire in there just needs the managing.
Yer Saturday not that far away !

Good reports from the SU marconi game.
Regards their long grass, this is just the case for us next week at Garside, good ol Rage like having it long for as long as I can go back.
Slows that ball down heaps till you adjust.

Yeh when I first started coaching in 2010, Granville used to be very competitive but have dropped off a lot since moving down to State League 1/NPL 3. I'm not sure what the youth teams are like anymore since the split in youth leagues but in seniors, we are moving in the right direction. 
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 12 Mar 2018 4:40 PM
LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 2:05 PM

Yeh when I first started coaching in 2010, Granville used to be very competitive but have dropped off a lot since moving down to State League 1/NPL 3. I'm not sure what the youth teams are like anymore since the split in youth leagues but in seniors, we are moving in the right direction. 

Rage SAP was disgusting a few years ago we had to mercy rule them.. coaches not having any Rage gear on..

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No Totti No Party - 12 Mar 2018 2:25 PM
LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 10:33 AM

No more Magdala lmfao? where you playing this year? ELS Hall?  The souvla better be coming with

Yes pretty much, tbh sad But its progress as they say and were stepping up :)
ELS is great have to say, and at the northern end the canteen when we play is catered by us so souvla is ON but were hardly at this facility rest of the season.
We have 1 Snr game at Magdala this season last check.
SAP will have Magdala for themselves weekends and the souvla will still be ON there.
Christie will be our new home some info below :

The $3.5M Christie Park Fields 1 & 2 Synthetic Turf Field upgrade includes:

• New synthetic turf surface uses a 100% ‘cool’ cork infill system with shock and heat absorbing resistant properties for player comfort
  • New 1.1 metre high chain mesh perimeter fencing to both fields with improved field access points
  • 4.3 metre wide path alongside Field No.1 for emergency vehicles
  • Seating for 250 spectators.

Christie Park is the home base of the Gladesville Hornsby Football Association who has contributed $250,000 for the upgrade.  Also contributing to the project is the North Western Sydney Women’s Association ($50,000) and the Gladesville Ryde Magic (up to $50,000).  The field is expected to act as a home ground for Ryde-based teams competing in the Football NSW National Premiere League Competitions (NPL).  These teams include Northern Spirit FC, Gladesville Ryde Magic FC, NWS Koalas FC and Gladesville Ravens FC.

Regards souvla at Christie its a bummer, being this faciltiy is typically shared and that Council is the main benefactor the canteen is leased out to some other ordinary garb we expect - we shall wait and see.
If things get desperate its a 10min drive to Magdala take orders and bring back a bundle to consume no doubt about it !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No Totti No Party - 12 Mar 2018 5:14 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 12 Mar 2018 4:40 PM

Rage SAP was disgusting a few years ago we had to mercy rule them.. coaches not having any Rage gear on..

Having a nephew at Rage in SAP first time this season bro inlaw mentioned its been a shambles up until 2wks ago things started to fall into place and this was way behind other clubs organised kids with kits etc a month ago and had more trial games.

As tFl quotes, hopefully the club is on the up and I expect so.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

deleted double post.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 12 Mar 2018 10:14 PM
No Totti No Party - 12 Mar 2018 5:14 PM

Having a nephew at Rage in SAP first time this season bro inlaw mentioned its been a shambles up until 2wks ago things started to fall into place and this was way behind other clubs organised kids with kits etc a month ago and had more trial games.

As tFl quotes, hopefully the club is on the up and I expect so.

Ah yes. I've heard a lot of stories about the kit issues from previous years and even this year. 
Colorado
Colorado
Weekender
Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)Weekender (25 reputation)

Surprised Vranic didn't feature at all for Sharks , I'd expected him to start any idea where he is?
Edited
6 Years Ago by Colorado
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 12 Mar 2018 10:03 AM
Marconi, one chance one goal... and a couple of half chances... 

We should of got something out of the game, hit the post and came close of several occasions. I guess playing on synthetic pitches week in week out can have its disadvantages too lol.... However a proper local derby game, played with a lot of passion and aggression, with 9 yellow cards... i enjoy having marconi back in the top league.

bring on blacktown at home this weekend 

From memory in the nsl Sydney United crowds were usually bigger then Marconi. Is this still the case these days?

No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur

robstazzz - 14 Mar 2018 10:59 PM

From memory in the nsl Sydney United crowds were usually bigger then Marconi. Is this still the case these days?

Go check the photos from when Marconi won NPL2 last year (the league not the GF) & you tell me lmfao

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Colorado - 14 Mar 2018 7:50 PM
Surprised Vranic didn't feature at all for Sharks , I'd expected him to start any idea where he is?

was suspended for round 1. 
he was carrying a suspension from last season

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

robstazzz - 14 Mar 2018 10:59 PM

Still the case very much so. 
However i am not a fan of the games being moved to Saturday night, where i believe attendances will drop even more. Sunday's suited the fans much better.

No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur

Lloydy Owusu back at Rydalmere

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

No Totti No Party - 15 Mar 2018 11:32 PM
Lloydy Owusu back at Rydalmere

Wasn't he helping out at Stanmore?
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur

theFOOTBALLlover - 16 Mar 2018 8:28 AM
No Totti No Party - 15 Mar 2018 11:32 PM

Wasn't he helping out at Stanmore?

Yeah he was head of the 20's, asst of firsts

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Just chasing the buck.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

No Totti No Party - 16 Mar 2018 9:07 AM
theFOOTBALLlover - 16 Mar 2018 8:28 AM

Yeah he was head of the 20's, asst of firsts

What's his new role at Rydalmere?
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 16 Mar 2018 9:30 AM
Just chasing the buck.

As always.
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur

theFOOTBALLlover - 16 Mar 2018 3:50 PM
No Totti No Party - 16 Mar 2018 9:07 AM

What's his new role at Rydalmere?

They said he'll be apart of the senior coaching team

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

A bit warm around the local grounds eh fellas.
At least we had it slightly better on Saturday but I still felt for our 18's koff @ 3pm.
At Garside it was warm enough !
Our boys are still getting to know each other but they sure created many chances and just couldn't convert early 1st half especially being the Rage GK was playing a motm performance already imo.
Kept them in the game big time but by HT we finally converted going in 3up.
2nd we pretty much kept the shape and built up some more great attacking down both flanks and finishing up 6-1.
Stayed watching most of the 1st half of 20's, what a hectic first 20mins, omg what vision a 1st goal from halfway by 20's captain Izaack.
He saw the Rage keeper near on edge of his box and it wasn't a floater but a strong strike over the keeper hitting middle of the back net.
Goal of the year already imo.
2nd week on a row all 3 grades wins.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 18 Mar 2018 8:44 PM
A bit warm around the local grounds eh fellas.
At least we had it slightly better on Saturday but I still felt for our 18's koff @ 3pm.
At Garside it was warm enough !
Our boys are still getting to know each other but they sure created many chances and just couldn't convert early 1st half especially being the Rage GK was playing a motm performance already imo.
Kept them in the game big time but by HT we finally converted going in 3up.
2nd we pretty much kept the shape and built up some more great attacking down both flanks and finishing up 6-1.
Stayed watching most of the 1st half of 20's, what a hectic first 20mins, omg what vision a 1st goal from halfway by 20's captain Izaack.
He saw the Rage keeper near on edge of his box and it wasn't a floater but a strong strike over the keeper hitting middle of the back net.
Goal of the year already imo.
2nd week on a row all 3 grades wins.

You missed a great 20's second half. We started defensively poorly in the first half but it could have easily finished 4-all at the end of the game. Credit to Gladesville in the senior set up, they seem to have turned a corner this year. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and you saying that I was just talking about your result this morning at a school game that another manager was there filling me in, kind of expected the score wasn't as it seemed.
I really didn't want to go but the kid was killing me to get a hallal snack pack, you know hsp as they call it across the railway line damn it.
Look, as you know its early days but all 3 squads worked hard the off season but as you know anything can happen, injuries etc might stretch the boundaries as usual but we shall see.
Dunbar will be the next solid test and good luck tFl, I could see from the 18's game was a good improvement discipline wise.
Your game was a fast tempo first up. 

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search