FORUM RULES & REGULATIONS

FORUM RULES & REGULATIONS

Author
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
These forums are provided for the enjoyment of football fans and to encourage discussion to help develop and promote the sport in Australia. All comers, who contribute with constructive comments, are welcome. Team and club allegiances are similarly welcome, but unnecessary flaming to incite arguments are not! Football is something to enjoy and when played beautifully… behold.

Discrimination
No form of discrimination is allowed on these forums. That means Racism, Sexism, Bigotry, et al.

Threats
Any kind of threatening of another user, be it with physical violence, or any other kind of threat, is explicitly forbidden.

Swearing
Swearing, although not completely banned, is frowned upon. Use it sparingly, and remember that this is a family forum, open to people of all ages. There is to be no swearing within a thread's title.

Inappropriate Material
There is to be no posting of material inappropriate to users under the age of 18. Depictions of violence, gore, sex, nudity etc. will be edited or deleted, and further sanctions may be imposed on the poster

Streams
No posting of links to live online streams of matches or other presentations that do not pertain to and abide by the relevant Australian broadcaster's copyrights. This includes providing instructions, names of websites, and/or initiating other users to contact you via the Private Messaging service.

False Information

No posting inaccurate or false posts about, forum users, people, clubs, teams and/or supporters. Credit your source if posting or commenting on news.

Insults/Personal Attacks.
No personal attacks on fellow forum users and/or moderators. Criticise the idea, not the person.

Duplicate Accounts
Do not create multiple accounts to impersonate or insult other forum users, or any real person. Obtaining and using another persons account details is also unacceptable.

Spam
Posts with the sole intention of advertising a product/website/service will be deleted and Accounts created solely for spamming will also be deleted. Quote Pyramids and Stretching of the Page is considered Spam, and will be edited accordingly.

Language
While we recognise the cultural diversity of football fans in Australia, all posting on this platform is to be made in English, so as to be inclusive of as many readers as possible.

Forum Atmosphere
These forums are an enjoyable place, for any footballing fan to meet and discuss whatever they desire. When posting, keep in mind not only your own experience on the forums, but that of everyone else as well. People found to be continually harming the forum atmosphere, or ruining other people's experience on the forums, will be dealt with as need be.

Punishments/Bans
Any users found to be in breach of these rules will be punished accordingly. Repeat offenders will result in larger and larger punishments, until permanent action is deemed necessary.

Liability
You acknowledge that all posts made express your views and opinions and not the moderators or owners of this site and hence will not be held liable.

Nextmedia
Nextmedia reserves the right to reproduce any comments or posts submitted here in other print and electronic media.

Moderators
Posts and/or Forumers not following the above rules, will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderating team. If you see a post that you find inappropriate or against the rules, contact the Moderators immediately. Decisions made by the moderating team are final, and ignoring their decision will result in further punishment.

The Moderating Team

Benjamin
StiflersMom
Joffa
imnofreak
paladisious
Bowden
mcjules
pv4

Edited
6 Years Ago by The Web Guy
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

@KiwiChick, You got in before I could lock the ET Announcement, so I deleted your post, just so you know why it disappeared :p
Edited
6 Years Ago by The Web Guy
George_Worst
George_Worst
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Joined the forum earlier this year. The atmosphere on here is almost always friendly and welcoming compared to other forums I post on. The posters/mods do a great job of keeping the boards clear of crap and it is without a doubt the best place to read and chat about aus football. Keep up the brilliant job guys!
RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

How about mandatory citing of where source material comes from? Just out of courtesy, if not to credit the original author/writer/blogger/tweeter.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Funky wrote:
No posting inaccurate or false posts about, forum users, people, clubs, teams and/or supporters.

I assume this covers libellous accusations and/or allegations of criminal activity :lol:
RU wrote:
How about mandatory citing of where source material comes from? Just out of courtesy, if not to credit the original author/writer/blogger/tweeter.

This is probably covered by "Credit your source if posting or commenting on news."

RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Ah cheers, I must have skimmed over that part. :D
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

The atmosphere needs more flares yo.
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

George_Worst wrote:
Joined the forum earlier this year. The atmosphere on here is almost always friendly and welcoming compared to other forums I post on. The posters/mods do a great job of keeping the boards clear of crap and it is without a doubt the best place to read and chat about aus football. Keep up the brilliant job guys!

You obviously don't support CCM. I've been called an AIDS carrier at least 20 times in the last 12 months because I live on the central coast but apparently that's acceptable.
George_Worst
George_Worst
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

neverwozza wrote:
George_Worst wrote:

You obviously don't support CCM. I've been called an AIDS carrier at least 20 times in the last 12 months because I live on the central coast but apparently that's acceptable.

No I don't. That's pretty poor form, did you report it to the mods?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

neverwozza wrote:
George_Worst wrote:

To be fair, that's probably a ridiculous generalisation about the ridiculous generalisations used to describe you. :lol:
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Quote:
Duplicate Accounts
Do not create multiple accounts to impersonate or insult other forum users, or any real person.

There goes about 50 of the TWGF user accounts. :D
Adman
Adman
Fan
Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)

Thanks Mods. I post very rarely as I don't want to get into a slagging match with some 15 year old. I think this will encourage many more people to post about the football and less rants, though rants can be fun to read and cathartic for the poster. :lol:
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
neverwozza wrote:
George_Worst wrote:

To be fair, that's probably a ridiculous generalisation about the ridiculous generalisations used to describe you. :lol:

Generally speaking I think you may be generally correct. (I'm pissed and my side just pumped 7 past our arch rivals) hahahhahahahha
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Bump for 2013.
GGfortythree
GGfortythree
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

neverwozza wrote:

:lol:
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Is the constant and deliberate use of logical fallacies such as ad hominem attacks and strawmen arguments constitute ruining the atmosphere?
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
notorganic wrote:
Is the constant and deliberate use of logical fallacies such as ad hominem attacks and strawmen arguments constitute ruining the atmosphere?

Every case would obviously be judged on its merits, if you have concerns then I suggest you direct those concerns specifically to a mod or post those concerns so they can be reviewed.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
Quote:
Duplicate Accounts
Do not create multiple accounts to impersonate or insult other forum users, or any real person. Obtaining and using another persons account details is also unacceptable.

:-"
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

"2012"
Not_Juz
Not_Juz
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
:lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Come off it, Funky. This is bullshit.

Edited by afromanGT: 29/3/2013 06:52:41 PM
Not_Juz
Not_Juz
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Fuck off Funky. This is bullshit.

If it was someone else you would be laughing about it.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Not_Juz wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Fuck off Funky. This is bullshit.

If it was someone else you would be laughing about it.

In the past when people have had multis created (like Joffa and Heineken) parodying the user, they've been banned straight up.

But when it happens to afro a mod actually condones it. No, that's not cool.
KiwiChick1
KiwiChick1
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

It's not like it's particularly funny or clever either.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
"2012"

=d>
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

KiwiChick1 wrote:

I think it's both in equal measures, myself.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

notorganic wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:

What a surprise you're impressed by yourself :roll:
Not_Juz
Not_Juz
Under 7s

afromanGT wrote:
notorganic wrote:
KiwiChick1 wrote:

What a surprise you're impressed by yourself :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its even funnier when you don't: know who it is :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Who it is is immaterial.
voice of reason
voice of reason
Under 7s
Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)Under 7s (13 reputation)

Hi Mods,

I joined the forum recently and submitted my forum name as 'voice of reason' however it has been pointed to me that there is a forum user with the name 'Voice ofReason'....too similar I would think. How can I change my user name.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search