RIP

Author
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 25 Sep 2020 4:03 PM
and RIP Deano Jones......way too young @ 59.
His batting always had you wondering how much this time and some stroke play was copy book, sad passing.

I had family that lived in the same street as him in Romsey. So as a kid when i was there i used to visit his house and get autographs, if his dogs weren't out (they scared me). He would invite us in and would always find something to give me (a ball or photo) i used to write to him and he always wrote back,  he was probably my first idol. Was always really friendly and made you feel like you weren't a nuisance,  even though you clearly were.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Shaken, not stirred.

Vale Sean Connery.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Two legends lost so quickly

https://i.imgur.com/o97tneA.png

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

R.i.p to my grandfather.  Lived to 95 . Can't fathom my life without him but he is finally not in pain . 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 14 Nov 2020 7:20 PM
R.i.p to my grandfather.  Lived to 95 . Can't fathom my life without him but he is finally not in pain . 

Hang in there, buddy. Well done to your grandpa for making it to 95.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Diego Maradona, dead of a heart attack at age 60. Poor bloke obviously had some struggles. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54810392
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Damn re Maradona, not surprising seeing his health deterioting BUT what a LIFE in football.
Huge huge impact good amazing and wrong but despite the wrongs he gave a lot of pleasure and hope to many with farfar less.....
Thanks for the memories, one of t he very best ever during his peak - RIP.

Carlito comiserations RIP Grandpa.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

He'll be getting on the nose beers with George Best in heaven now.

RIP

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

RIP Diego

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Nov 2020 10:37 AM
He'll be getting on the nose beers with George Best in heaven now.

RIP

Two flawed geniuses.  Both lost too early.

RIP Diego
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

aok - 26 Nov 2020 1:17 PM
RIP Diego

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Nov 2020 10:37 AM

Two flawed geniuses.  Both lost too early.

RIP Diego

'Flawed' ?  

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

The amount of hate and bile on social media over the great man in unbelievable.

The English sure know how to hold a grudge.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Also LOL at the AFL morons claiming they have never heard of him.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

localstar - 27 Nov 2020 10:52 AM
Also LOL at the AFL morons claiming they have never heard of him.

thats been the norm forever and a day, don't know how the Melb footbasllsupporters actually support it as well, becuase we grew up here as its said.

sydneyfc1987 - yep thats us humans, never live down your wrongs even though your positives far exceed them.
Were a football family at home and even my wife doesn't respect due to his drug/alcohol intake.
I said hold on, no one is perfect, judge by his achievements on the pitch and also no matter the drugs/booze he helped and inspired people where ever he went.
He lifted a Nation plus more, imagine having that on your back, the hangers on, the parisites, media left right centre, sure he loved feeding it as well but what a life under the microscope.
Imagine how that Mex Club would have felt having him as Coach and the previous Clubs last 10yrs for eg.
He would have inspired so many especially the young ones for the future.
He was his own worst enemy many times over BUT I love what he has achieved in 60 short years !
Watching footage again just blows me how much control he had with the ball at his feet, those crappy pitchs from those days and no Ref protection like today as well.
They tried kicking him off the park countless times but he just dug in as you did then, not like the shrinking voilets of today.

Love Football

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Top post, LFC.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

FA (still weird saying that) put up a 20 minute mini match of the home leg of the 1994 WC playoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcQvWkB21NY&ab_channel=MyFootball
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Strongly recommend the BBC's obituary: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44627510

If you don't read it all, the last paragraph nails it:
A snapshot of his chaotic lifestyle came when he attended Argentina's match against Nigeria at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
He unveiled a banner of himself, danced with a Nigeria fan, prayed to the heavens before the game, wildly celebrated Lionel Messi's opener, fell asleep and gave a double middle finger salute after Argentina's second goal.
Some reports suggested he needed medical treatment afterwards.
Disgraceful, inspired, entertaining, great, over the top. Diego Maradona. A life less ordinary.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

David Prowse, who physically portrayed Darth Vader in the original trilogy, dead at 85.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

RIP Darth V.....

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Paolo ROSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIII  

RIP.

One of my first memories of a world cup was the commentators screaming his name.  

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes agreed !
Rossi was brilliant in the '82 WC.
Many memories for me top player and times.
RIP Pablito :(
https://www.espn.com.au/football/italy-ita/story/4258415/paolo-rossiitalys-1982-world-cup-herodies-at-64

Love Football

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

RIP Tom Lister Jr...
AKA Zeus, and Deebo from Friday.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

petszk - 11 Dec 2020 2:34 PM
RIP Tom Lister Jr...
AKA Zeus, and Deebo from Friday.

Rip to the man the myth the legend that is zeus. 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Vale Gerard Houllier.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/france-houillier-death/former-france-coach-gerard-houllier-dies-at-73-french-media-idUKKBN28O146
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Football World has been taking a battering the last few weeks,  Maradona,  Rossi, Diop, Sabella now Houllier and I'm sure there are others i just can't quite remember right now. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes I hear you......
Very sad times indeed for many in the football world - the recent ones passed away and now GH ! :(
He was a breath of fresh air at LFC and brought in some great players and nurtured up and coming scousers ie Gerrard/Carra.
I recall that game he suffered a heart attack, you wondered wth was going on.
The comments made by the players during his tenure shows how much he played in their lives - YNWA GH RIP.

Love Football

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Vale Larry King, made it to 87 but was very ill in the end and two of his kids died in 2020. Big impact on broadcasting and news media 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep here here RIP LK and Thanks.

Love Football

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

RIP Rush Limbaugh

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

That's Murray Walker now gone.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 14 Mar 2021 1:12 PM
That's Murray Walker now gone.

yer a huge one for us F1 devotees.
Best commentator to date in the game.
Some funny expressions now and then but loved his passion.
RIP MW.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search