Teen arrested following stabbing - Redfern

Teen arrested following stabbing - Redfern

Author
deluka
Amateur
Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)Amateur (673 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Eldar wrote:
Who ever advises the MVFC travelling group needs to have a quite word to them that walking around Redfern chanting "fuck off Sydney" isn't the smartest move.

Any local will tell you if you go looking for trouble in Redfern, you will find it.

I was in Adelaide last year when they lost 4-2 and whilst marching back to the city they were throwing rocks at cars if they had people chanting go Adelaide and such...not exactly the wisest thing to do in hostile territory. About four or five of them started chasing down a car closer to Hindley street and forced the car to run a red out of fear.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
They were Sydney fans, there is no denying it. They were waiting out the front of our most publicised Sydney pub for fucks sake. Sydney fans may not all be as low as this bloke, but you certainly aren't far off trying to make excuses and deny it being a Sydney related incident. Have some fucking accountability.

Edited by 11.mvfc.11: 10/11/2013 01:36:08 PM

Take it easy. Its not denial. You can't call something fact unless you have proof. Any news/police report hasn't said what mack said. I haven't seen any footage. Its possible and perhaps likely we WILL find out. Until then stop talking as though its fact.

I've seen plenty of random fights after football games that haven't been supporters/casuals/whatever or are from other clubs not involved (including clubs from other countries).

Until we know what we are talking about, you are just assuming, and that helps no one.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
You fucking idiot :lol:

Best account I've read so far.
Exile
Exile
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)

Don't worry guys, any arrested Sydney FC fans will be judged by a jury of their peers.

COYS
COYS
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
still waiting for this amazing video tsf supposedly has :lol:
Exile
Exile
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)Hardcore Fan (276 reputation)

Bally #1 wrote:
I WAS THERE

I was waiting at the set of lights to cross the road at South Dowling St with two mates and one of their partners while walking back from the game when there was some shouting from either side of the road between two groups.

One group on the east side of South Dowling was a bunch of guys no older than 18, they were not wearing any type of supporter gear, with numbers around 20-30.

The other group was made up of males of the age around 30-40, wearing Melbourne Victory supporter gear. Around 15 and 2 of them were wearing the hi vis yellow away kit of previous seasons, and were antagonising the young guys.

Allegedly these Melbourne Victory supporters were chased across the opposing park by this group of young guys, as told to me by one of the Victory supporters.

There was a small scuffle (not involving the 2 trouble makers) in the middle of the intersection of Cleveland and South Dowling, bouncers from the nearby Bat and Ball were telling the Victory supporters to get off the street and take refuge in the pub. To no avail, they continued to retaliate.

The younger group were obviously just looking for trouble also, I don't believe they had anything to do with football.

A brawl broke out, involving up to 30 people, serious stuff, right in the middle of the very busy intersection, there would have been around 200 witnesses.

The reason why I don't believe the younger group were followers of any club were because strangely they started fighting amongst themselves also. Just young kids in a frenzy starting to punch anyone near them. Total chaos.

I believe these kids were just part of some gang on the walk to cause trouble.

This had nothing to do with football.

Why do I say this?

Because I was standing amongst the Victory supporters simply because of timing, and I was wearing proudly my SFC kit, and not once did I even get a sideways glance from any of them. I was never under threat.

Just as I saw it through my own eyes.

Edited by Bally #1: 10/11/2013 01:35:11 PM

Well that sounds exactly like groups of young SFC "casuals" that have been reported on before. The chances of it not being them, instead being a random gang of 20-30 young dickheads getting into an altercation with MVFC fans outside their pub seems quite unlikely.

Edited by Exile: 10/11/2013 01:52:07 PM
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Exile wrote:
Bally #1 wrote:
I WAS THERE

I was waiting at the set of lights to cross the road at South Dowling St with two mates and one of their partners while walking back from the game when there was some shouting from either side of the road between two groups.

One group on the east side of South Dowling was a bunch of guys no older than 18, they were not wearing any type of supporter gear, with numbers around 20-30.

The other group was made up of males of the age around 30-40, wearing Melbourne Victory supporter gear. Around 15 and 2 of them were wearing the hi vis yellow away kit of previous seasons, and were antagonising the young guys.

Allegedly these Melbourne Victory supporters were chased across the opposing park by this group of young guys, as told to me by one of the Victory supporters.

There was a small scuffle (not involving the 2 trouble makers) in the middle of the intersection of Cleveland and South Dowling, bouncers from the nearby Bat and Ball were telling the Victory supporters to get off the street and take refuge in the pub. To no avail, they continued to retaliate.

The younger group were obviously just looking for trouble also, I don't believe they had anything to do with football.

A brawl broke out, involving up to 30 people, serious stuff, right in the middle of the very busy intersection, there would have been around 200 witnesses.

The reason why I don't believe the younger group were followers of any club were because strangely they started fighting amongst themselves also. Just young kids in a frenzy starting to punch anyone near them. Total chaos.

I believe these kids were just part of some gang on the walk to cause trouble.

This had nothing to do with football.

Why do I say this?

Because I was standing amongst the Victory supporters simply because of timing, and I was wearing proudly my SFC kit, and not once did I even get a sideways glance from any of them. I was never under threat.

Just as I saw it through my own eyes.

Edited by Bally #1: 10/11/2013 01:35:11 PM

Well that sounds exactly like groups of young SFC "casuals" that have been reported on before. The chances of it not being them, instead being a random gang of 20-30 young dickheads getting into an altercation with MVFC fans outside their pub seems quite unlikely.

Edited by Exile: 10/11/2013 01:52:07 PM

plus sydney fc fans tend to fight among each other if they get bored, especially in the cove

Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

So none of them were wearing supporter gear but were part of a hardcore ultra SFC group of casuals that have gone unnoticed by police or SFC.

"2 of them were wearing the hi vis yellow away kit of previous seasons, and were antagonising the young guys."

Beaten by Eldar

Bally #1
Bally #1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Eldar wrote:
So none of them were wearing supporter gear but were part of a hardcore ultra SFC group of casuals that have gone unnoticed by police or SFC.

"2 of them were wearing the hi vis yellow away kit of previous seasons, and were antagonising the young guys."

Non of the group of young guys were wearing supporter gear.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

A16Man wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
A16Man wrote:
macktheknife wrote:
To the person saying I made the thread without knowing the facts... the facts were right. SFC fans, casuals, extremely likely to be a sub-group of the cove, attacked and stabbed MV fans.

Not really. Your original post and thread title went on about how the Cove attacked and stabbed a Victory fans without supplying any evidence to back it up. Rather than reporting an incident you used it as an opportunity to bash Sydney FC fans without a sound knowledge about what happened.

When you were called up on it, you edited the first post. If you did nothing wrong, why change what you wrote?

When mack created the thread, he had sound evidence... You didn't, but apparently that's his fault ???

He supplied no evidence. Rather he posted a claim attacking the name of the Cove and all SFC supporters without backing it up.

I was on here when it happened. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I didn't see your name online.

You are 100% right. He originally called the thread "good job cove" and supplied no evidence whatsoever.

You're wasting your time arguing with these people though. To take a deplorable incident such as this and use it to further their anti-sydney agenda shows just how low the likes of macktheknife really are. No coincidence that its the same group of posters that comment on every Sydney-related thread. Atypical keyboard warriors.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
A16Man wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
A16Man wrote:
macktheknife wrote:
To the person saying I made the thread without knowing the facts... the facts were right. SFC fans, casuals, extremely likely to be a sub-group of the cove, attacked and stabbed MV fans.

Not really. Your original post and thread title went on about how the Cove attacked and stabbed a Victory fans without supplying any evidence to back it up. Rather than reporting an incident you used it as an opportunity to bash Sydney FC fans without a sound knowledge about what happened.

When you were called up on it, you edited the first post. If you did nothing wrong, why change what you wrote?

When mack created the thread, he had sound evidence... You didn't, but apparently that's his fault ???

He supplied no evidence. Rather he posted a claim attacking the name of the Cove and all SFC supporters without backing it up.

I was on here when it happened. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I didn't see your name online.

You are 100% right. He originally called the thread "good job cove" and supplied no evidence whatsoever.

You're wasting your time arguing with these people though. To take a deplorable incident such as this and use it to further their anti-sydney agenda shows just how low the likes of macktheknife really are. No coincidence that its the same group of posters that comment on every Sydney-related thread. Atypical keyboard warriors.

And neither mack or sobkowski have replied to my post.

I know there's no point in arguing with them, but I just feel that idiotic and wrong comments like the original post should not go without scrutiny and have their comments be the ones that people see.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Don't lock/delete, funky! I see you lurking.

Just reading mate, just reading. ;)

Edited by Funky Munky: 10/11/2013 02:13:46 PM
A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
11.mvfc.11 wrote:

Why shouldn't you?

It's mac , his wanderer friends an victory fans saying they have the facts but they're just taking the few facts we know and drawing out long elaborate conclusions to shame the cove and sydney fc

Add in the fact that the person of interest is a minor and you e got many many reasons to lock it until the full story is out

He does have a point.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
All hail Redkat, the saviour of these forums.

If this was the other way around you would be leading the parade of pitchforks and don't pretend that you wouldn't.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
11.mvfc.11 wrote:

Why shouldn't you?

It's mac , his wanderer friends an victory fans saying they have the facts but they're just taking the few facts we know and drawing out long elaborate conclusions to shame the cove and sydney fc

Add in the fact that the person of interest is a minor and you e got many many reasons to lock it until the full story is out

It's an important topic, that I think warrants discussion. The finger pointing has mostly calmed down, and most of the discussion seems fine to me.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Swarth wrote:
plus sydney fc fans tend to fight among each other if they get bored, especially in the cove

[spoiler]Or their own players...[/spoiler] ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by paladisious: 10/11/2013 02:38:27 PM
thupercoach
thupercoach
World Class
World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)

A few years ago a mate, his pregnant missus and a few friends were walking along Cleveland St next to the Bat & Ball and got set upon by a bunch of thugs. He ended up with a broken wrist and a couple of black eyes. Lucky she was OK.

Bad stuff happens around that place at night. No idea why people would go there in the first place.

The attacker/s may or may not have been SFC fan/s, sounds like it's way too early to tell. Either way, seeing the likes of mack delight in his faux outrage at Sydney fans shows him up for the pond scum that he is.

Noone's happy about this incident and noone wants to see anyone stabbed. We don't know if the attacker was provoked by the victim or the stabbing happened in retaliation (which is obviously no excuse either way) and generally speaking the details are still quite sketchy. In any event, noone needs to be carrying a knife.

Until we know more I suggest everyone takes a deep breath and stops casting aspersions on people.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Not trying to make this a club vs club or fans v fans thing, but you Sydney White Eagles fans are legitimately hilarious. Last season if a small minority of WSW fans did something you'd be the first to jump on and go on and on about how it's an RBB problem and blaming the RBB, but as soon as it looks like it's one of your own fans you're all suddenly about not judging the many by the actions of a few :lol:

This is accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

thupercoach
thupercoach
World Class
World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
jlm8695 wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Not trying to make this a club vs club or fans v fans thing, but you Sydney White Eagles fans are legitimately hilarious. Last season if a small minority of WSW fans did something you'd be the first to jump on and go on and on about how it's an RBB problem and blaming the RBB, but as soon as it looks like it's one of your own fans you're all suddenly about not judging the many by the actions of a few :lol:

This is accurate.

So we're not Hakoah but White Eagles now? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nico had a blinder btw.
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Swarth wrote:

[spoiler]Or their own players...[/spoiler] ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by paladisious: 10/11/2013 02:38:27 PM

lol very true

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

thupercoach wrote:
A few years ago a mate, his pregnant missus and a few friends were walking along Cleveland St next to the Bat & Ball and got set upon by a bunch of thugs. He ended up with a broken wrist and a couple of black eyes. Lucky she was OK.

Bad stuff happens around that place at night. No idea why people would go there in the first place.

The attacker/s may or may not have been SFC fan/s, sounds like it's way too early to tell. Either way, seeing the likes of mack delight in his faux outrage at Sydney fans shows him up for the pond scum that he is.

Noone's happy about this incident and noone wants to see anyone stabbed. We don't know if the attacker was provoked by the victim or the stabbing happened in retaliation (which is obviously no excuse either way) and generally speaking the details are still quite sketchy. In any event, noone needs to be carrying a knife.

Until we know more I suggest everyone takes a deep breath and stops casting aspersions on people.

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

Some of the comments in regards to the incident have been disgusting and outrageous, and quite frankly banworthy.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Pana FC
Pana FC
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

Long time follower of 442 but first post today.

I was in a car maybe 30m back from the incident and got a fairly good look at what happened through the traffic. This is just what I saw on the night:

As we were turning out of the school car park onto Cleveland St a group of Victory fans walked around the car on their way to the bat and ball. A couple of them were giving a fair bit of lip to the people in cars. They made their way up to the park corner opposite the bat and ball, where the brawl seemed to start. Next thing we knew a fight was spilling out onto the intersection between the cars.

The fight lasted a good five minutes, and considering their massive presence at the game, the police response was especially slow. It seemed like a group of maybe 10-12 Sydney 'casuals' (alleged), against a smaller group of victory supporters, before a few more victory supporters came out from the pub to join the fight. It was pretty messy, people were fighting on the ground between the cars. Just chaos.

Just as the cops were about to show up, the group of (alleged) Sydney fans legged it up South Dowling St. Traffic was then able to move, and as we passed the pub we saw a victory casual shouting "my mates been stabbed" at the police as another guy held his t-shirt to a wound on the side of his torso.

Some other observations:
The actions of (alleged) Sydney fans definitely suggested it was pre-meditated. They were very young, all looked 16/17/18. Victory fans were older.

The group of around 12 is a lot smaller than what was suggested by other posters earlier in the thread. The wild speculation from people that weren't there is just embarrassing. You can't just make up 50 people and label them the cove.

Edited by Pana FC: 10/11/2013 04:36:15 PM
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:
All hail Redkat, the saviour of these forums.

If this was the other way around you would be leading the parade of pitchforks and don't pretend that you wouldn't.

So much this, get off your fucking high horse.

I can't believe some Sydney fans are pushing such a pathetic victim complex and believe that MV fans are using this as a club vs club agenda, we are all football fans and this affects all of us no matter what club we support. Mack was wrong jumping the gun and trying to tar all of you with the same brush, as much as the likes of RedKat and co love a good generalization and rant when the shoe is on the other foot no one genuinely believes this to be a reflection of Sydney supporters. This is an abhorrent incident that affects all football fans, some Sydney fans need to stop being so fucking selfish and accept this rather than playing the victim and trying to somehow justify it with deflected tales of bull shit.

Edited by fredsta: 10/11/2013 03:58:15 PM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Pana FC wrote:

I was in a car maybe 30m back from the incident and got a fairly good look at what happened through the traffic. This is just what I saw on the night:

As we were turning out of the school car park onto Cleveland St a group of Victory fans walked around the car on their way to the bat and ball. A couple of them were giving a fair bit of lip to the people in cars. They made their way up to the park corner opposite the bat and ball, where the brawl seemed to start. Next thing we knew a fight was spilling out onto the intersection between the cars.

The fight lasted a good five minutes, and considering their massive presence at the game, the police response was especially slow. It seemed like a group of maybe 10-12 Sydney 'casuals' (alleged), against a smaller group of victory supporters, before a few more victory supporters came out from the pub to join the fight. It was pretty messy, people were fighting on the ground between the cars. Just chaos.

Just as the cops were about to show up, the group of (alleged) Sydney fans legged it up South Dowling St. Traffic was then able to move, and as we passed the pub we saw a victory casual shouting "my mates been stabbed" at the police as another guy held his t-shirt to a wound on the side of his torso.

Some other observations:
The actions of the Sydney fans definitely suggested it was pre-meditated. The Sydney fans were very young, all looked 16/17/18. Victory fans were older.

The group of around 12 Sydney fans is a lot smaller than what was suggested by other posters earlier in the thread. The wild speculation from people that weren't there is just embarrassing. You can't just make up 50 people and label them the cove.

Thank you for your post.
Langan
Langan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Pana FC wrote:

Some other observations:
The actions of the Sydney fans definitely suggested it was pre-meditated. The Sydney fans were very young, all looked 16/17/18. Victory fans were older.

The group of around 12 Sydney fans is a lot smaller than what was suggested by other posters earlier in the thread. The wild speculation from people that weren't there is just embarrassing. You can't just make up 50 people and label them the cove.

Thanks for your post. Maybe you should talk to the police or media as a witness. You seemed to have laid out things fairly well here.
Pana FC
Pana FC
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
Pana FC wrote:

Some other observations:
The actions of the (alleged) Sydney fans definitely suggested it was pre-meditated. They were very young, all looked 16/17/18. Victory fans were older.

The group of around 12 is a lot smaller than what was suggested by other posters earlier in the thread. The wild speculation from people that weren't there is just embarrassing. You can't just make up 50 people and label them the cove.

Thank you for your post.

No worries. I just got fed up with all the innuendo flying around.

Teenagers make bad decisions. It seemed like they were looking for a fight with victory's fans. One of them probably just had a knife with him to feel safe, and when the situation went to shit (the brawl dragged on for minutes), may have just lost control. You wouldn't know. Panic and adrenaline is a mind-numbing mix.

All football fans would condemn this sort of behaviour, including 99% casuals. Like them or loathe them, they have a code too.

I just hope the victory fan is alright.

Edited by Pana FC: 10/11/2013 04:33:22 PM
tsf
tsf
Legend

Little piss weak dogs get their flag stolen so the next week have to be tough guys and stab someone. Jail awaits.
Mr
Mr
World Class
World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)

Pana FC wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:
Pana FC wrote:

Some other observations:

Thank you for your post.

No worries. I just got fed up with all the innuendo flying around.

Teenagers like those Sydney fans make bad decisions. It seemed like they were looking for a fight with victory's casuals. One of them probably just had a knife with him to feel safe, and when the situation went to shit (the brawl dragged on for minutes), may have just lost control. You wouldn't know. Panic and adrenaline is a mind-numbing mix.

All football fans would condemn this sort of behaviour, including 99% casuals. Like them or loathe them, they have a code too.

I just hope the victory fan is alright.

It's a bit concerning that you are prepared to label those kids Sydney fans. Casual or otherwise. From 30m you make that assessment? The police will make that assessment if they charge someone.

Brisbane Ro
Brisbane Ro
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

thupercoach wrote:

No. I'm angry now and wanna rush to judgement! Facts and a level head are for the Courts in due course.

Edited by Brisbane Ro: 10/11/2013 04:25:43 PM
A16Man
A16Man
World Class

sobkowski wrote:
A16Man wrote:
Quote:
*snip* *snip*
And neither mack or sobkowski have replied to my post.

I know there's no point in arguing with them, but I just feel that idiotic and wrong comments like the original post should not go without scrutiny and have their comments be the ones that people see.
Because people love to read specific examples to justify arguments on the internet... Here goes something...

1. EG creating a thread about the actions of the rbb at this years blacktown pre-season friendly. Calling all rbb hooligans and animals.What he should've done was not comment at all, right ? And wait for full details which were that rbb were trying to force open some gates which were locking them into a section of the stadium which was too small and too dangerous to accommodate them, because security weren't listening to them.

2. The derby incident - yes, there were hundreds of wsw fans there and only one ES fan, but people seem to forget that only one guy dressed in wanderers gear actually did anything negative out of the hundreds of others around.

3. Anything COYS says in regards to wanderers.

But there's only one brush to paint us with, right ?

I'm sure you could say that the bitter is strong in me lol, but only in regards to a minor part of what people post on these forums, which is basically unfair.

If those adp lovers can call this a freak incident that could happen anywhere and that it was only 1%, then they have no right to throw stones at us.

I don't care about those incidents or the past. I called mack out on something he wrote, which many others have since said was in poor form by him as well, and you jumped to his defence to which I countered.

I haven't made any derogatory comments about other clubs/fans in this thread nor would I if a similar incident had occurred involving other fans.

This shouldn't be the opportunity to say how one club is worse than another or one fan group is worse than another as neither Sydney FC as a club or The Cove as a supporter group seem to be involved. Grow up. :roll:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search