★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Burztur - 22 Nov 2017 2:15 AM
Not the first time something like this has happened. The FA CUP semi final between Swansea and Chelsea had a similar incident.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/9823144/Swansea-City-ballboy-Charlie-Morgan-boasted-about-time-wasting-before-Capital-One-semi-final-with-Chelsea.html

"Hey, millionaire, its a fucking kid, get over it".

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Eh? What do you mean by that?
Bullion
Bullion
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

bohemia - 21 Nov 2017 10:34 PM
I'd love this thread in an alternative universe where all you heroes are fathers

Not the values I would teach my daughter.

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 2:41 AM
Burztur - 22 Nov 2017 2:15 AM

"Hey, millionaire, its a fucking kid, get over it".

+ "ease up turbo it's the League Cup"
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

RedKat - 22 Nov 2017 12:25 AM
Looks like the usual "HAHAHAHA SYDNEY HAVE SHIT CROWD SO WHO CARES WHEN THEY WIN" or "SYDNEYFFA DEY GET ALL THE CALLS" mob are out in full force tonight so I wont get involved there. 

What I will say is what a farce on the ground some things were. Whats with the fireworks before kickoff? If I wanted that Id go to a Big Bash game. And what was with the signs "Magic of the Cup" on the seats on the far side and what was with that sign about the cup with the black thing about it that they were doing laps with at full time? Theyre trying so hard to pretend the FFA Cup is so meaning and special when its a short knockout cup that isnt too big in the schemes of things. Let it develop itself over the next few years or decades to actually get its own history rather than trying to pretend its big bash.

Perhaps you could explain to everybody why Elsey was ruled to have fouled which lead to the deciding goal.
I have watched the replay -  can see nothing.
SFC get the free kick, steal about 7-8m to get within goal assist range and there is your match.
If this was a once off then fair enough. But how many times do SFC seem to get these calls?
Too often for me.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
7 Years Ago by Iknowbest
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

scott21 - 22 Nov 2017 12:31 AM

Im not sure what the FFA rules are but it will be interesting to see how big a ban he gets. 

I wouldnt be surprised if it is 10 matches tbh. The ballboy should also be banned from that job. 

Ten matches?...lol!

Eden Hazard only got two for pushing a ballboy at a Swansea vs Chelsea match a couple of years ago.

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

But of course there will be no penalties handed to Mat Simon for charging in like a mad bull and inflaming the situation.

Because he is a Sydney player.
YoShuuuu
YoShuuuu
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

localstar - 22 Nov 2017 8:49 AM
But of course there will be no penalties handed to Mat Simon for charging in like a mad bull and inflaming the situation.

Because he is a Sydney player.

hahahahaha you cut?

Sydney FC 

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

localstar - 22 Nov 2017 8:47 AM
scott21 - 22 Nov 2017 12:31 AM

Ten matches?...lol!

Eden Hazard only got two for pushing a ballboy at a Swansea vs Chelsea match a couple of years ago.

It would depend on what function the ball boy is classed as, 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2893651/leyton-orient-liam-kelly-fa-six-match-ban-ball-boy-shove/

I know for example in Sweden a ballboy is classed as a match function and therefor if anything happens to them a player or team (because of fans) get hit hard.

If you class it as an assult, assulting the ballboy is closer to assulting the ref than the opponent or even a fan. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Hopefully Ange quitting takes a bit of spotlight from this and it's handled sensibly.

2 games is enough and I would even be surprised if a red was issued if it weren't for Simon.
Marrone would have held his hands up, helped the kid up, kid would have dropped the ball like a smart arse and everyone would have moved on.
If the kid WAS shook up it would be because he was trampled by Simon and the melee that followed not coz marrone knocked him in his bum.

It annoyed me that we were listening to Peacock's emotional eye witness testimony of how ugly it was while watching replays showing it was pretty minor stuff and Marrone was already going to help him up realising he had made a mistake by trying to reach around him so aggressively.
Peacock painting Simon as some sort of knight protecting the child was ridiculous too. SImon has wanted a reason to start a push and shove every game for 12 years.

The fact the kid was celebrated is the worst lesson you could teach him if we are talking about "being fathers" etc that being a cheating smart arse pays off. 

Marrone shouldn't have done it full stop. He should get a punishment. He is the adult and the stress of the game doesn't excuse it but some of the hysterical responses I have read regarding "violence against children is never ok" are plain ridiculous. Simon must still be laughing. Anyone that thinks he isn't is naive.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Ballboy should've done his job and give the player the ball. It's all good but his haircut and smug face looked great on telly, FMD I hate Sydney people 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 9:50 AM
The fact the kid was celebrated is the worst lesson you could teach him if we are talking about "being fathers" etc that being a cheating smart arse pays off. 

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Munrubenmuz - 22 Nov 2017 9:59 AM

I have no doubt we'll get a sob story from the parents at some point saying their son's a good kid and come up with some excuse like he was intimidated.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Biggest dive I've seen in years. Sydney would have probably won nonetheless but Adelaide still right to feel screwed over. Simon is a muppet. End of story.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Kamaryn
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

You guys are unbelievable.

Normal person: "That kid just got tackled by a grown man. That's terrible, I hope the kid is ok"
442 Forumer: "Yeah BUT, the kid didn't throw him the ball"
Normal person: "Are you f*cking kidding me? He's a child, the other is an adult and a professional athlete. How is that justifiable?
442 Forumer: "The f*cking FFA always give Sydney all the calls and it's bullsh*t"
Normal: "OIC, you are all retarded, I will leave you alone to eat your own faeces."
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

vanlassen - 22 Nov 2017 1:03 PM

Normal person: "That kid just got tackled by a grown man. That's terrible, I hope the kid is ok"
Normal person: "Are you f*cking kidding me? He's a child, the other is an adult and a professional athlete. How is that justifiable?
442 Forumer: "The f*cking FFA always give Sydney all the calls and it's bullsh*t"
Normal: "OIC, you are all retarded, I will leave you alone to eat your own faeces."

Normal observer. A guy tries to grab the ball and bumps into the kid's back as he turns around. Kids falls down in the collision (half milked, half impact of collision). That's it. There was no tackle, full stop.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Pretty much. 

The only reason that people are defending Marrone is because it was a Sydney FC fan. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

[quote]

Normal person: "That kid just got knocked down by a grown man. That's terrible, I hope the kid is ok"
Fox sports commentary: "The kid is fine"
Normal person: "Marrone shouldn't have done it but the kid's parents should have a word with him about sportsmanship"
Marrone gets a red card for his action and will receive further punishment from the MRP
Fox sports commentary: "Marrone has apologised to the kid"
Sydney FC celebrate the kid's behaviour by giving him a medal and letting him lift the trophy
Normal person: "Are you f*cking kidding me? How can they possibly endorse that behaviour"
Sydney FC fan: "I'm going to strawman the vast majority of the opinions on this forum by saying that everyone is blaming the kid and not Marrone"
Normal person: "OIC, you are all ******, I will leave you alone to eat your own faeces."

Edited
7 Years Ago by mcjules
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 2:06 PM

Pretty much. 

The only reason that people are defending Marrone is because it was a Sydney FC fan. 

You mean, the "only" people defending the ball boy are Sydney fans. Many of whom were caught up in the drama in the stadium of the melee.

It works both ways. 

Many Adelaide fans have said we won't disagree if Marrone gets 2 games off but have pointed out celebrating cheating and bad sportsmanship is pretty piss poor. He has been set the worst example possible and unfortunately it didn't even come from Marrone. It's a little sad Sydney fans can't see that cause they are caught up in saying everyone hates them

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 2:12 PM
[quote]
Normal person: "That kid just got knocked down by a grown man. That's terrible, I hope the kid is ok"
Fox sports commentary: "The kid is fine"
Normal person: "Marrone shouldn't have done it but the kid's parents should have a word with him about sportsmanship"
Marrone gets a red card for his action and will receive further punishment from the MRP
Fox sports commentary: "Marrone has apologised to the kid"
Sydney FC celebrate the kid's behaviour by giving him a medal and letting him lift the trophy
Normal person: "Are you f*cking kidding me? How can they possibly endorse that behaviour"
Sydney FC fan: "I'm going to strawman the vast majority of the opinions on this forum by saying that everyone is blaming the kid and not Marrone"
Normal person: "OIC, you are all ******, I will leave you alone to eat your own faeces."

I am honestly surprised and would have expected better from you.
Maronne shouldn't have done that but.....there is no but. You don't tackle a child to get a ball or for any reason.
The kid acted like a sh*t. So what? You don't hit him.

And how can you possibly have a go at Zullo for giving him his medal? It's Zullo's medal and god forbid that one of SFC players tries to cheer up a kid who just got belted by an oppositions player. Maronne should thank his lucky stars that the kid wasn't hurt otherwise he would be f*cked, career ended because of a child being a child.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 2:31 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 2:06 PM

You mean, the "only" people defending the ball boy are Sydney fans. Many of whom were caught up in the drama in the stadium of the melee.

It works both ways. 

Many Adelaide fans have said we won't disagree if Marrone gets 2 games off but have pointed out celebrating cheating and bad sportsmanship is pretty piss poor. He has been set the worst example possible and unfortunately it didn't even come from Marrone. It's a little sad Sydney fans can't see that cause they are caught up in saying everyone hates them

I100% this. Piss poor all round, Same applies with the FFA.

The admins of the Cup's FB and Twitter were both actively supporting Shitney, This even moreso highlights that. Fuck Sydney and the FFA.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

vanlassen - 22 Nov 2017 2:57 PM
mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 2:12 PM

I am honestly surprised and would have expected better from you.
Maronne shouldn't have done that but.....there is no but. You don't tackle a child to get a ball or for any reason.
The kid acted like a sh*t. So what? You don't hit him.

And how can you possibly have a go at Zullo for giving him his medal? It's Zullo's medal and god forbid that one of SFC players tries to cheer up a kid who just got belted by an oppositions player. Maronne should thank his lucky stars that the kid wasn't hurt otherwise he would be f*cked, career ended because of a child being a child.

I want Marrone to have a multi-match suspension over it. Where have I said he doesn't? Most people agree here.

I can easily have a go at Zullo and others (Gallop included) for it, the kids behaviour didn't deserve such an endorsement. Pretty simple, Marrone and Kurz had already apologised to him and his father.

I think we're all relieved that the kid wasn't hurt, no one more so than Mick.

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 3:04 PM

I want Marrone to have a multi-match suspension over it. Where have I said he doesn't? Most people agree here.

I can easily have a go at Zullo and others (Gallop included) for it, the kids behaviour didn't deserve such an endorsement. Pretty simple, Marrone and Kurz had already apologised to him and his father.

Ok

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I'm not 'relieved' at all.  A good solid boot up the arse might make him, and the ilk like him, be a little bit more circumspect the next time an opportunity comes up like this again.

As for this....Maronne shouldn't have done that but.....there is no but. You don't tackle a child to get a ball or for any reason.

No wonder there's so many little disrespectful flogs about.

Member since 2008.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Munrubenmuz - 22 Nov 2017 3:41 PM

I'm not 'relieved' at all.  A good solid boot up the arse might make him, and the ilk like him, be a little bit more circumspect the next time an opportunity comes up like this again.

As for this....Maronne shouldn't have done that but.....there is no but. You don't tackle a child to get a ball or for any reason.

No wonder there's so many little disrespectful flogs about.

You're not relieved that the kid didn't suffer a concussion, broken bones or some other injury?

Muz
Muz
Legend

mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 3:44 PM

You're not relieved that the kid didn't suffer a concussion, broken bones or some other injury?

Nope.  

Play with fire, expect to get burnt.

Member since 2008.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Jesus Christ, gimme a fucken break.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

433 - 22 Nov 2017 3:56 PM

Jesus Christ, gimme a fucken break.

I don't think what Marrone did would actually cause any of those injuries, just the idea that people wanted the ball boy to be injured because of his cheating is highly exaggerated (a couple of keyboard warriors aside). 

chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Iknowbest - 22 Nov 2017 8:43 AM
RedKat - 22 Nov 2017 12:25 AM

Perhaps you could explain to everybody why Elsey was ruled to have fouled which lead to the deciding goal.
I have watched the replay -  can see nothing.
SFC get the free kick, steal about 7-8m to get within goal assist range and there is your match.
If this was a once off then fair enough. But how many times do SFC seem to get these calls?
Too often for me.

The foul occurred way before the ball was contested. Maybe the footage doesn't show it but even before the ball was played to Simon, Elsey had his arms wrapped around Simon trying to prevent Simon from getting the better position which Simon managed to do anyway after breaking Elsey's grip. Elsey inhibiting Simon allowed two other Adelaide players to contest for the ball so the ref blew his whistle as Sydney lost any advantage. It was one of the clearer fouls in the game, and calls like it should be made more often.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Hopefully Ange quitting takes a bit of spotlight from this and it's handled sensibly.

2 games is enough and I would even be surprised if a red was issued if it weren't for Simon.
Marrone would have held his hands up, helped the kid up, kid would have dropped the ball like a smart arse and everyone would have moved on.
If the kid WAS shook up it would be because he was trampled by Simon and the melee that followed not coz marrone knocked him in his bum.

It annoyed me that we were listening to Peacock's emotional eye witness testimony of how ugly it was while watching replays showing it was pretty minor stuff and Marrone was already going to help him up realising he had made a mistake by trying to reach around him so aggressively.
Peacock painting Simon as some sort of knight protecting the child was ridiculous too. SImon has wanted a reason to start a push and shove every game for 12 years.

Marrone shouldn't have done it full stop. He should get a punishment. He is the adult and the stress of the game doesn't excuse it but some of the hysterical responses I have read regarding "violence against children is never ok" are plain ridiculous. Simon must still be laughing. Anyone that thinks he isn't is naive.

fair post
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search