★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

★The Official 'FFA Cup' Thread |Matchday 1 results in OP!★

Author
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roar #1 wrote:
Brisbane Roar is not a Dutch club. Just because Queensland lions signed the original paper work doesn't mean the club is Dutch. The club was built out of nothing just like every other current a league club. What happened in the NSL or pre a league counts for nothing in relation to the current a league clubs.

I have never seen any reference to anything Dutch in relation to the Roar.

Edited by tbitm: 30/5/2014 08:29:45 PM
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Roar fans should be proud of their heritage...
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Burztur wrote:

Exactly. But I guess they prefer to be occa as possible. Maybe Brisbane fuckin m8 Sheila barbie roar fc

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Burztur wrote:

I am proud of Matt McKay, Murdocca, Charlie miller, Reinaldo and co. There is only so much history you can fit into 10 years

Edited by roar #1 : 30/5/2014 08:36:58 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
Burztur wrote:

I am proud of Matt McKay, Murdocca, Charlie miller, Reinaldo and co. There is only so much history you can fit into 10 years

So you're proud of 10 years of history in a 40+ year old club? Lolk

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Burztur wrote:

So you're proud of 10 years of history in a 40+ year old club? Lolk

How can it be 40 years old when the a league is only 10 years old?

Sure Queensland lions may be 40 years old but they are still operating and completely separate to the Roar. The Queensland lions didn't evolve into the Roar. Thus making the Roar 10 years old, just like every other a league club.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
Burztur wrote:

Im not proud of Charlie Miller :lol:

humbert
humbert
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Sad cunt. There wouldn't be professional football in this country were it not for the ethnic clubs. They kept the flame alive in very dark times.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

tbitm wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Brisbane Roar is not a Dutch club. Just because Queensland lions signed the original paper work doesn't mean the club is Dutch. The club was built out of nothing just like every other current a league club. What happened in the NSL or pre a league counts for nothing in relation to the current a league clubs.

:lol: =d>

I get the sense that a lot of new dawners follow the roar
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

tsf wrote:
tbitm wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

:lol: =d>

I get the sense that a lot of new dawners follow the roar

Sorry I'm not old enough to have experienced the glory days of the NSL :lol:

And seeing as you seem to know a lot about the history of the Roar, please inform me about the other 30 years I seem to be missing.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but for those that are interested, today's Federation Cup Final between Adelaide City and West Adelaide will be streamed live here:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10180-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=29917301

I hope Fox will allow this to happen for the games that aren't being broadcast on TV for the round of 32 on (wishful thinking).

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

mcjules wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but for those that are interested, today's Federation Cup Final between Adelaide City and West Adelaide will be streamed live here:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10180-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=29917301

I hope Fox will allow this to happen for the games that aren't being broadcast on TV for the round of 32 on (wishful thinking).

This will be the tester. In all honesty, I don't see why not. Could be a cheap source of revenue.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Fark yeah!

tsf
tsf
Legend

@ Roar 1..the glory days of the NSL?

The cevapi was top notch
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

3pm, so 3:30 Qld time? If my maths are right S.A 30 mins behind.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

I'll give the Adelaide game a go tbh.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MrBrisbane wrote:
3pm, so 3:30 Qld time? If my maths are right S.A 30 mins behind.

Yep at this time of year
3pm EST
1:30pm WST

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

sweet!

VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Please ttell me im not the only one the link isn't working for...?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

4wanderer4 wrote:

It isn't working because we're half an hour behind Adelaide. :lol: Sydney time = 3.30pm @ Adelaide's 3:00pm.

If it's not working by 3:30pm. Riot.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

I see people
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

audio is fucked, think they were talking about food or something :lol:
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
I see people

Are they dead, or alive?

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Heineken wrote:
4wanderer4 wrote:

It isn't working because we're half an hour behind Adelaide. :lol: Sydney time = 3.30pm @ Adelaide's 3:00pm.

If it's not working by 3:30pm. Riot.

Streams working now.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

where r the City supporters, let's see some farken punch up cunts.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

The Cameras on the other side of the ground. Anybody know why?

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Ooo Mori:)
GrandPappyOfFunk
GrandPappyOfFunk
Fan
Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)Fan (94 reputation)

Heineken wrote:
The Cameras on the other side of the ground. Anybody know why?

I can only assume it's so that we can actually see some members of the crowd in the main grandstand..
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

After all that talk, looks like less than 2k...
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Jesus christ zoom out you muppets

ahah and the other camera is tilted

Edited by playmaker11: 31/5/2014 03:35:53 PM

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search