New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

Author
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roar in me Blood wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:
Great work sobkowski.

Really nice!

You trying to tell us you're just some guy in front of a computer...?

=d> :d

:lol: with a few skills or two

vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Any news on this potential new logo for Brisbane?
Brisbane Ro
Brisbane Ro
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

vanbasten88 wrote:

All the merchandise is out now...

http://www.roarshop.com.au/
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Brisbane Ro wrote:
vanbasten88 wrote:

The shop is unavailable :-k

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Regarding the "jetpack"/"sash/ribbon" thingy. It is clearly the tail from the lion.
Add a bit of colour to the logo to differentiate between the lion, ribbon & background and I can see this logo being real nice.

The only thing I would like to see changed is the shield that the logo seems to be on. Get r8d of the shield and just keep the logo and it should look fine.

---
Iridium1010 wrote:
Freddie AppsHero wrote:
You guys do know that this is proof of concept, not the final product, right?

We do in the kit thread, I'm not sure about here.

This

---
AndyToddsElbow wrote:
What's wrong with:

?

:? What's right about it?

Edited by BrisbaneBhoy: 20/7/2014 03:07:35 PM

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Brisbane Ro
Brisbane Ro
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Brisbane Ro wrote:
vanbasten88 wrote:

The shop is unavailable :-k

We have a winner...
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

The Roar logo and name is the shittest in the country by a mile.

YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

This bloke did a bit of an update
http://blog.bendemeyere.com/brisbane-roar-logo-2014-update-concept/

Chris Fong replied on twitter and agreed that the logo needed an update as it had too many colours. He also said that he been following the designs that some people on the Roar Forum have been doing.

Great to see people high up in the club listen and interact with the fans. Hopefully the new design looks nice and professional
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:

I know, it's a shame it's had to be engraved on the trophy so many times.
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Looks great; only changes I'd make would be the 'Brisbane' lettering to be a bit larger, & for the badge's brown inner-border to be black or maroon.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Roar #1 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Which trophy? Melbourne could easily say the same.

AndyToddsElbow
AndyToddsElbow
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

BA81 wrote:

Looks great; only changes I'd make would be the 'Brisbane' lettering to be a bit larger, & for the badge's brown inner-border to be black or maroon.

Yes, with the white space around it, the font size on 'Brisbane' looks smaller than it should. Also not sure if the name of the city should be blue instead of orange? Not the first colour that springs to mind.
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Which trophy? Melbourne could easily say the same.

Yes but more times for us \:d/
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

I think the logo change will be gradual. Over time the name 'Brisbane' will become more prominent than 'Roar', we'll drop either the maroon or blue, and by about 2020 the team will be Brisbane FC, the nickname will be 'Roar', we'll have a 3-coloured logo, 20,000 members and 7 premierships - which I will value more highly than our 8 championships. :lol:
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

BA81 wrote:

Looks a lot better for sure =d> .

Rico!
Rico!
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

the football o tho
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

My changes to it:

Edited by BA81: 20/7/2014 05:48:31 PM

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

BA81 wrote:
My changes to it:

Edited by BA81: 20/7/2014 05:48:31 PM

Id take it, good job!

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Maybe this the soccer ball if anything.

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:

I remember a poll was done a only a little while ago and it was voted it was between Victory and Glory as the worst.

You want to talk about shitty names, how about the stupidity of those names, pretending to be successful by putting it in your name and then losing all the time!

Anyways, Glory won it, how's that for a bit of glory.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Good job Mariners.

Stars for everyone.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

BA81 wrote:

I'd change the colours in the badge. Blue and maroon are no longer part of our colours. I'd also smarten up the font and also get rid of the football. It looks childish. Hopefully then it will look good.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

BRFC_92 wrote:
BA81 wrote:

I'd change the colours in the badge. Blue and maroon are no longer part of our colours. I'd also smarten up the font and also get rid of the football. It looks childish. Hopefully then it will look good.

For me id like old colors to stay, history for how short it is. I like the blue, Maroon is shit ill agree to that.

Edited by MrBrisbane: 20/7/2014 09:05:18 PM

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

So is that the actual modified emblem?

I hope not
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Honestly didnt see the stars, but this should be really in the kit thread.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Roar #1 wrote:

I hope not

No mate :)

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

MrBrisbane wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

I hope not

OK good because its still terrible :lol:
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Roar #1 wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:

I hope not

OK good because its still terrible :lol:

I was trying to see the positives in the new design etc :D

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

BA81 wrote:

Would love to see a version that is basically black and orange, loses the blue, minimises maroon, has FC under 'Brisbane', reduces the size the word 'Roar' to fit inside the badge.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

clockwork orange wrote:
BA81 wrote:

Would love to see a version that is basically black and orange, loses the blue, minimises maroon, has FC under 'Brisbane', reduces the size the word 'Roar' to fit inside the badge.

Blue font?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search