Semi Final: Netherlands vs Argentina

Semi Final: Netherlands vs Argentina

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
What a snorefest. First game all tournament where I dozed off and on.

These games need an early goal to get things cracking.

Both teams concentrated on not losing instead of winning.

Hopefully there's an early goal by the Germans to bring Argentina out of their shell.

Yes.

I wanna see these two have some balls and attack FFS. I won't be able to stand another stalemate world cup final.

Of course Germany will attack. The question is whether Argentina will do likewise to allow some space or if they'll sit back and defend.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Hopefully there's an early goal by the Germans to bring Argentina out of their shell.

Yes.

I wanna see these two have some balls and attack FFS. I won't be able to stand another stalemate world cup final.

Of course Germany will attack. The question is whether Argentina will do likewise to allow some space or if they'll sit back and defend.

You could almost guarantee that Argentina will sit back and play on the counter.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

nickk wrote:
The only team to be really effective against this formation of the Dutch was Australia maybe down to the power and pace of Leckie.

Mexico say hi.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Yes.

You could almost guarantee that Argentina will sit back and play on the counter.

They did a decent job of keeping Robben and RVP quiet. Wonder how they'll go against Germany's attack
GGfortythree
GGfortythree
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

holy crap, Messi will play in a World Cup Final.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Yes.

They did a decent job of keeping Robben and RVP quiet. Wonder how they'll go against Germany's attack

To be fair though the Dutch didn't really play with much urgency or take any risks when attacking, they were clearly playing for the draw.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Yes.

To be fair though the Dutch didn't really play with much urgency or take any risks when attacking, they were clearly playing for the draw.

The Dutch were determined to turn it into a snooze-fest. Germany won't be so conservative.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Yes.

Indeed and their decision making reflected lethargy all night.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

WOW
Welcome to the restaurant of Karma
There is no menu you just get served exactly what you deserve.

Karma is gods revenge and sometimes he lets you watch.

adios the Netherlands. =d> =d> =d>

moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Following Foz on twitter is getting me close to not wanting Argentina to win

Edited by moofa: 10/7/2014 06:21:55 PM
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
nickk wrote:
The only team to be really effective against this formation of the Dutch was Australia maybe down to the power and pace of Leckie.

Mexico say hi.

Hola.
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Fredsta wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Yes.

Indeed and their decision making reflected lethargy all night.

-PB

Argentina have been immensely boring since the group stages. 1 goal in normal time and 1 in extra time. So in their games there have been a goal every 165 minutes. The Belgium game also had 3 shots on target total. People seem to think Messi and their exciting attackers means they play good football. There have been a few nice Messi passes and dribbles but those have generally resulted in nothing anyway.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Genuine Snoozfest, but understandable of the high stakes on offer, hope the final is a better spectacle.
Axelv
Axelv
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

krones3 wrote:
WOW
Welcome to the restaurant of Karma
There is no menu you just get served exactly what you deserve.

Karma is gods revenge and sometimes he lets you watch.

adios the Netherlands. =d> =d> =d>

wtf are you talking about? :lol:
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

:lol: So many people going on and on about Vlaar's penalty rolling back in after Romero saves it
Axelv
Axelv
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I really like Argentina.

However the Craig Foster, Messi and Barcelona fan boys make it incredibly difficult to support them.

Hopefully the Germans win as they would be the deserved world champions and put the over rating of Messi on ice.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search