my whinge about tonights semi final not on FTA.

my whinge about tonights semi final not on FTA.

Author
Griffindinho
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
milan_7 wrote:
Griffindinho definitely works for Bein Sports.

WaMackie
WaMackie
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Meh
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Griffindinho wrote:
Oman wrote:
I wonder if they'll even show the final (if Australia aren't involved)?

ABC1 looks shit anyway

Might have been a probe for FTA viewer statistics so they can show their warez to the big PayTV Co's

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
highkick05 wrote:
inala brah wrote:
yeah. i live in australia. so internet is shit. streams are therefore shit.

Edited by inala brah: 26/1/2015 08:01:07 PM

:lol:

get NBN by end of March. should make things interesting

tier 1 is fast as shit but tier 5 OMG

EDIT: wonder what the 'actual' speed will be

Edited by highkick05: 26/1/2015 08:52:46 PM

I get about 96/39 on an average day.

-PB

That is fucking insane. Can't wait

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

highkick05 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
highkick05 wrote:
inala brah wrote:
yeah. i live in australia. so internet is shit. streams are therefore shit.

Edited by inala brah: 26/1/2015 08:01:07 PM

:lol:

get NBN by end of March. should make things interesting

tier 1 is fast as shit but tier 5 OMG

EDIT: wonder what the 'actual' speed will be

Edited by highkick05: 26/1/2015 08:52:46 PM

I get about 96/39 on an average day.

-PB

That is fucking insane. Can't wait

Pretty average tbh. It's pathetic that people are still waiting for this and it's actually considered exciting.
nickk
nickk
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Vicas wrote:
Ironic that at the same time the ABC wastes budget cash on the Asian Cup (when SBS should be doing it), Mark Scott axes the Women's League for next season. WTF!!!!

I read somewhere that ABC bid $1.5M more than SBS for the Asian Cup rights. Why the hell did they do that? SBS is the FTA public broadcasting football station, everyone knows they have the people, knowledge, passion & infrastructure to do it justice. The ABC has zero interest in football, it is full of fumble ball AFL types. AFL/Racing commentator Gerard Whateley gets the commentary gig I read!!!!!! Glad I have Foxsports and don't have to suffer the ABC.

Edited by Vicas: 26/1/2015 11:34:01 PM

ABC bid 1 million and the FFA had to put in 0.5, SBS bid 0.5.
ABC will be laughing all the way to the bank because Australia have made the final.
if you look at the big bash they pay 20 million for about 30 matches and they don't rate that well.
These are simulcast with Foxtel but even so the final will be a ratings bonanza.
SBS has become an inbred joke, PFA Fozzie and friends and aren't doing a professional job anymore.
ABC are not much better , a commercial channel on the other hand if they get a sport they promote the hell out of it.
For some reason the commercial channels treated this like it was radioactive suggesting AFL and maybe others were behind the scenes trying to make them avoid it.
imonfourfourtwo
imonfourfourtwo
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

nickk wrote:
Vicas wrote:
Ironic that at the same time the ABC wastes budget cash on the Asian Cup (when SBS should be doing it), Mark Scott axes the Women's League for next season. WTF!!!!

I read somewhere that ABC bid $1.5M more than SBS for the Asian Cup rights. Why the hell did they do that? SBS is the FTA public broadcasting football station, everyone knows they have the people, knowledge, passion & infrastructure to do it justice. The ABC has zero interest in football, it is full of fumble ball AFL types. AFL/Racing commentator Gerard Whateley gets the commentary gig I read!!!!!! Glad I have Foxsports and don't have to suffer the ABC.

ABC will be laughing all the way to the bank because Australia have made the final.
if you look at the big bash they pay 20 million for about 30 matches and they don't rate that well.
These are simulcast with Foxtel but even so the final will be a ratings bonanza.
SBS has become an inbred joke, PFA Fozzie and friends and aren't doing a professional job anymore.
ABC are not much better , a commercial channel on the other hand if they get a sport they promote the hell out of it.
For some reason the commercial channels treated this like it was radioactive suggesting AFL and maybe others were behind the scenes trying to make them avoid it.

What money does the ABC make from this?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

imonfourfourtwo wrote:
nickk wrote:
Vicas wrote:

Now now, ABC is a commercial TV station!

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
imonfourfourtwo wrote:
nickk wrote:
Vicas wrote:

Now now, ABC is a commercial TV station!

-PB

Stay tuned for more at 6am
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

What a fucking mess by the ABC :lol:

Just gut the rest out of them Tones.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Absent_doz_2259 wrote:

Back on topic, I'm 99% convinced ABC originally said 'all quarters (not just the Oz games) live on ABC1' then it changed... sometime after this i was 99.99% positive they said 'both semis live on ABC1'

What happened?

change that to 100% because that is exactly what they said and they had that schedule posted on the ABC page on day one when i put a link onto a forum.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search