The Next Gen of Next Gems [FFT Article]

The Next Gen of Next Gems [FFT Article]

Author
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
socceroo_06 wrote:
adrtho wrote:
another youth article on 442 , that about a overseas youth , how about more youth article about local kids

Gavin De Niese 18 years old , playing for River plates reserves, but is that really better then being 18 years old and playing for Brisbane Roar in ACL and scoring goals?

i don't know what the standard of River plates reserves team, but i doubt it's as high you all think, and i doubt it better then playing ACL games

Steven Ugarkovic playing in Croatia 2nd league, well below A-league, he been select in Olyroos team , so we will see

Edited by adrtho: 19/3/2015 07:40:00 AM

Don't be stupid. River Plate has been rated as the best youth academy in South America and has produced more players for the Big-5 leagues outside of that framework than any other club in the world.

Out of any of the young Australians in youth academies abroad, Gavin has the best chance to make it in my opinion.

However, please continue with your myopic view on football outside of Australia's borders and number crunching ELO figures.

[size=3]*Disclaimer: Having grown up in Argentina, my views may be slightly biased. [/size];)

I would say River is a top academy but I don't think De Niese is as highly rated there as he is here (pretty normal I think). This article is slightly out of sate as he is now 19. While not old, in his first game for the reserve there were 5-6 players being awarded with I think some kind of graduation to the first team medals I think. These players were mostly 18-19 and one was 20. Gavin is just starting with the reserves and was playing in the 4th (I think) youth side late last year. Since his hattrick for that team he has had a bit of a meteoric rise to make the reserves but I still think he is behind most high potential river players and it will take him being a vital player in a very good season to catch up to other players his age and break into the first team.

EDIT: Sorry for reading the article and using previous knowledge but I did not know he wasn't able to play at any level until he was 18 (I knew he couldn't play for the firsts until he was 18). Still my point still kinda counts that he is playing catch up. I did talk to some river fans about the youth teams and they really felt at 18 a prospective player should be really be in discussion for making a first team debut which I don't think de Niese is close to doing at 19.

Edited by moofa: 20/3/2015 01:45:29 PM
surfgreen
surfgreen
Fan
Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)Fan (87 reputation)

moofa wrote:
socceroo_06 wrote:
adrtho wrote:
another youth article on 442 , that about a overseas youth , how about more youth article about local kids

Gavin De Niese 18 years old , playing for River plates reserves, but is that really better then being 18 years old and playing for Brisbane Roar in ACL and scoring goals?

i don't know what the standard of River plates reserves team, but i doubt it's as high you all think, and i doubt it better then playing ACL games

Steven Ugarkovic playing in Croatia 2nd league, well below A-league, he been select in Olyroos team , so we will see

Edited by adrtho: 19/3/2015 07:40:00 AM

Don't be stupid. River Plate has been rated as the best youth academy in South America and has produced more players for the Big-5 leagues outside of that framework than any other club in the world.

Out of any of the young Australians in youth academies abroad, Gavin has the best chance to make it in my opinion.

However, please continue with your myopic view on football outside of Australia's borders and number crunching ELO figures.

[size=3]*Disclaimer: Having grown up in Argentina, my views may be slightly biased. [/size];)

I would say River is a top academy but I don't think De Niese is as highly rated there as he is here (pretty normal I think). This article is slightly out of sate as he is now 19. While not old, in his first game for the reserve there were 5-6 players being awarded with I think some kind of graduation to the first team medals I think. These players were mostly 18-19 and one was 20. Gavin is just starting with the reserves and was playing in the 4th (I think) youth side late last year. Since his hattrick for that team he has had a bit of a meteoric rise to make the reserves but I still think he is behind most high potential river players and it will take him being a vital player in a very good season to catch up to other players his age and break into the first team.

EDIT: Sorry for reading the article and using previous knowledge but I did not know he wasn't able to play at any level until he was 18 (I knew he couldn't play for the firsts until he was 18). Still my point still kinda counts that he is playing catch up. I did talk to some river fans about the youth teams and they really felt at 18 a prospective player should be really be in discussion for making a first team debut which I don't think de Niese is close to doing at 19.

Edited by moofa: 20/3/2015 01:45:29 PM

I would say De Niese is rated highly in Argentina as the amount of views on this video suggest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0XYUrWQlt8

Just to Clarify the six players received awards for being part of Argentinas U/20s that recently won the South American Championship to Qualify for the 2015 U/20 World Cup in New Zealand. De Niese makes starting 11 in the reserves with these players so he cant be to shabby.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

quickflick - 18 Mar 2015 11:40 PM
This is way too early (and probably inaccurate) but whatever. Imagine going into the 2018 World Cup with:

-------------------------------------------------Demetriou--------------------------------------------------------

Armenakas------------------------------------Luongo-------------------------------------------Ikonomidis

-----------------------------Di Niese-----------------------------------Jedinak----------------------------------

Good----------------------------Spiranovic---------------------------Sainsbury-------------------McGowan

-------------------------------------------------------Ryan------------------------------------------------------------

Off the bench: De Silva, Brillante, Juric, Oar, Rogic, Leckie, Smith, Behich, etc.

Edited by quickflick: 13/09/2015 12:05:04 AM

Terrifying :)

Sorry, Was searching Di Niese and this came up
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Haha. This is the same genius that started a thread about langerak being a better big game keeper.than ryan and went on for months how crap mooy was. 
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Oh dear flicky. Oh dear.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search