Season 2015/16: A-League Clubs Membership thread

Season 2015/16: A-League Clubs Membership thread

Author
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
FullBack4 wrote:
Clubs seem to be launching the memberships earlier this year. City sent me an invite to join two weeks ago with some decent packages in there

That's a good start. Some proper marketing could really help the A-League next season.
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

FullBack4 wrote:
Clubs seem to be launching the memberships earlier this year. City sent me an invite to join two weeks ago with some decent packages in there

When you say decent packages, what's different to this year? Genuinely interested to know.

Hoping that all clubs next year push the membership side of things as they will realise it's a lot easier to market to people that are subscribed and following you via membership etc. Their online presence is already starting to grow substantially.

But City have the easy financial means to actually get out there and buy their presence on billboards etc, like they did with New York. Not sure why they haven't done that yet. They have plenty of empty seats to fill and their football is great to watch.
Pyramid Timmy
Pyramid Timmy
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Option C is the winner

Membership numbers will decline from last Season

108k as opposed to 114k 2014/15
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Back to top wrote:
Option C is the winner

Membership numbers will decline from last Season

108k as opposed to 114k 2014/15

I can put my hand up and say that I chose the wrong option. I thought they would either increase or remain stable. But then again the voting for this poll was out months before the season even started.

Next year we have to improve. I'm making an early prediction that we'll hit 120k based on no other info other than the fact that unless we have another horrid launch to the season, we should pick up some ground. The FFA will be making sure they don't repeat the same mistakes (hopefully) and with a new A-league CEO, he'll be fired up to get the league off on a bang.

I think the FFA's 125k target they set this year (which was never going to happen) is certainly reachable next season if certain things fall into place.

THe hardest thing to decipher is whether memberships are actually fair dinkum ticketed memberships or not. I know most clubs do it right, but you take a look at the way the afl and it's an absolute joke.

Swans came out today saying they have 50k members, but that would imply every seat at the scg is already taken, yet there is room for stadium members and one off game tickets available all the time. THis says that their "membership" is really an affiliation with the club.

What clubs should really be doing is releasing the financial figures earned via memberships. That would tell you whether those figures are for season/multi game ticket holders or not. 1 member paying a minimum of $150 is not the same as a token "member" paying $20 to receive special offers and club news.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

At United through the season they at various times offer "3 game memberships".

I know a lot of people with "7 game memberships" too

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Necro'd by popular demand. Reckon you can edit the title Joffa?
And Everyone Blamed Clive
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:

Poll's old as well. Maybe start afresh.

Edited by View from the fence: 20/6/2016 03:46:21 PM

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Draupnir wrote:

Necro'd... Good choice of verb. I like it.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search