♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion...

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
lukerobinho wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
ryan2008 wrote:
Also looking forward to the u17 WC. 4 months will feel like a long wait.

One step at a time. Havent even qualified for asia yet. :lol:

Huh ? Australia qualified for the chile under 17 cup last year

We have to go through a preliminary round then then the main asian tournament in India.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Griffindinho wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Itd be embarrassing watching a bunch of 14/15 year olds who could run rings around us.

I look more forward to the Youth U-17 WC than i do for the Women World Cup.

Same! 🙏
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

U16's Joeys squad has been selected and I would like to congratulate all the boys that got in from around the country. But a big well done to the 4 Vic boys. Nathan, Dylan, Mersim and Andrew. Great effort and look forward to watching the boys in sept. Good luck at the AFF cup in Cambodia also.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

JDB03 wrote:
U16's Joeys squad has been selected and I would like to congratulate all the boys that got in from around the country. But a big well done to the 4 Vic boys. Nathan, Dylan, Mersim and Andrew. Great effort and look forward to watching the boys in sept. Good luck at the AFF cup in Cambodia also.

Do you have a list mate?

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Holy crap! On 27 july the u16 lads will be competing in the AFF Cup so I will try and keep this forum updated with that. It just never stops.

Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar and hosts Cambodia are in our group. This will lead into a play off. Then the boys head to the AFC championships and hopefully that can lead to us qualifying for the U-17 World Cup which we will be competing in this year as a result from our last graduates.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

That world cup is in October. So from here out its non stop.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Updated

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Holy crap! On 27 july the u16 lads will be competing in the AFF Cup so I will try and keep this forum updated with that. It just never stops.

Singapore, Philippines, Myanmar and hosts Cambodia are in our group. This will lead into a play off. Then the boys head to the AFC championships and hopefully that can lead to us qualifying for the U-17 World Cup which we will be competing in this year as a result from our last graduates.

When people ask why we bother playing in Asia, this is the reason you give them - this amount of tournament football for the young boys is nothing short of excellent.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Thanks for the updates TSF.

Will be really interesting to see how this (OMG - 'I feel old'), Year 2000/01-born generation will go - given the promise shown with the previous/current Joeys generation of 1998/9s featuring Jake Brimmer and co, under Tony Vidmar. Hopefully these 00-geners can continue to reflect that progress and too will Vidmar in his role - would be a change from the mediocre outcomes we've seen via the Young Socceroos and even Olyroos regimes, including the current ones. :/

In a number of ways though, given the 'current Joeys' and older gens - 2016 Olyroos and 2017 Young Socceroos gens around the corner - I almost feel it's too soon to be looking/caring about this gen of boys and in a way that's healthy. I'd rather leave the microscope off them, while we watch the progress of the older gens and see them through. I know this is the reality, such is the rate, frequency, of turn-over with these biennial generations, that they seem to come through soo quick before the others are even developed. It's a good thing though, especially for widening that pool and keeping the regeneration coming - either way, no pause for progress - unless our Nation's birth-rate suddenly stagnates. :o :p

BTW Not critiquing your thread TSF, just musing outloud and I wonder if some of you feel similarly - does it just seem strange, doesn't it?

Just read not long ago, once one of the great hopes, Neil Kilkenny, is a positively 'senior' 29 years of age! :o A relative veteran these days! Gobsmacked - it almost seems like yesterday he was 19/20 and training and debuting under Guus Hiddink's Socceroos (These lads were only toddlers back then)! And the likes of Terry Antonis and Musti Amini are just OLD compared to these boys - 7/8 years older - Kilkenny is 15/16 years their senior! :shock:

walnuts wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

When people ask why we bother playing in Asia, this is the reason you give them - this amount of tournament football for the young boys is nothing short of excellent.

x2 =d>

Edited by GloryPerth: 8/7/2015 02:03:47 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

GloryPerth wrote:
Thanks for the updates TSF.

Will be really interesting to see how this (OMG - 'I feel old'), Year 2000/01-born generation will go - given the promise shown with the previous/current Joeys generation of 1998/9s featuring Jake Brimmer and co, under Tony Vidmar. Hopefully these 00-geners can continue to reflect that progress and too will Vidmar in his role - would be a change from the mediocre outcomes we've seen via the Young Socceroos and even Olyroos regimes, including the current ones. :/

In a number of ways though, given the 'current Joeys' and older gens - 2016 Olyroos and 2017 Young Socceroos gens around the corner - I almost feel it's too soon to be looking/caring about this gen of boys and in a way that's healthy. I'd rather leave the microscope off them, while we watch the progress of the older gens and see them through. I know this is the reality, such is the rate, frequency, of turn-over with these biennial generations, that they seem to come through soo quick before the others are even developed. It's a good thing though, especially for widening that pool and keeping the regeneration coming - either way, no pause for progress - unless our Nation's birth-rate suddenly stagnates. :o :p

BTW Not critiquing your thread TSF, just musing outloud and I wonder if some of you feel similarly - does it just seem strange, doesn't it?

Just read not long ago, once one of the great hopes, Neil Kilkenny, is a positively 'senior' 29 years of age! :o A relative veteran these days! Gobsmacked - it almost seems like yesterday he was 19/20 and training and debuting under Guus Hiddink's Socceroos (These lads were only toddlers back then)! And the likes of Terry Antonis and Musti Amini are just OLD compared to these boys - 7/8 years older - Kilkenny is 15/16 years their senior! :shock:

walnuts wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

x2 =d>

Edited by GloryPerth: 8/7/2015 02:03:47 PM

Yes and no. It's a bit hit and miss but there are some kids that stand out instantly. De Silva Antoni, Bulut, Scorey Goalmeiro. Also this is off season and I am genuinely bored out of my mind.

Ive been following these tournaments since 09. Id say its 50/50 and gets better from u19 onwards. The rest are about AL grade.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
JDB03 wrote:

Do you have a list mate?

Yeah does anyone know the full squad? Nothing has been mentioned by the FFA.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Barca4Life wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
JDB03 wrote:

Do you have a list mate?

Yeah does anyone know the full squad? Nothing has been mentioned by the FFA.

Deadset i have used every resource known to man to find the listbut nothing. Waiting for JDB03 to jump back on and expand.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

I have the list but will wait for the FFA to formally list it themselves. Sorry but not really my place to be posting it.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
I have the list but will wait for the FFA to formally list it themselves. Sorry but not really my place to be posting it.

Fair enough. Do you know when that announcement will be made?

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Not sure but you would think soon. The boys leave for Cambodia on the 24th of this month. BTW I see that you posted the links to the qualifiers and when I checked it did say they would be played at AAMI park, but its seems to have been deleted?
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro

Anyone know who I can contact in the FFA with regards to helping out the guys when they are in melbourne
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
apillay12 wrote:
Anyone know who I can contact in the FFA with regards to helping out the guys when they are in melbourne

Like volounteer roles? I'd start with reception@footballaustralia.com.au and go from there.

Let us now how it goes!
clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Keep an eye on the only queenslander Rahmat Akbari he is a 9 and something special.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
Not sure but you would think soon. The boys leave for Cambodia on the 24th of this month. BTW I see that you posted the links to the qualifiers and when I checked it did say they would be played at AAMI park, but its seems to have been deleted?

They were uncomfirmed. Interestingly though it still has australia as group hosts. :-k

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

clivesundies wrote:

Keep an eye on the only queenslander Rahmat Akbari he is a 9 and something special.

Who does he play for? Any clips?

clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:

I believe he came from Loganholme then Strikers for a couple of years and this season Roar u18npl. He is the top scorer in the Qld u18 npl although only turning 15 this year. Have a look on the qld npl videos for clips.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Shieeeeeet

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

There are a few to watch out for from what ive seen and been told. The 2000 born group seems to be quite strong across AUS. Will see more when I fly to Cambodia.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

JDB03 wrote:
There are a few to watch out for from what ive seen and been told. The 2000 born group seems to be quite strong across AUS. Will see more when I fly to Cambodia.

Keep us in the loop mate. Keep them in good spirits too.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

clivesundies wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
clivesundies wrote:

I believe he came from Loganholme then Strikers for a couple of years and this season Roar u18npl. He is the top scorer in the Qld u18 npl although only turning 15 this year. Have a look on the qld npl videos for clips.

Has he gone through the Skillaroos/SAP Program too? Alot of these players would have gone through SAP training for a least 2 or 3 years now.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Rahmat looks like an ok player.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Schedule:

Under 16/17

2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup *Schedule 6 August 2015

Under 19/20

Under 23

Edited by TheSelectFew: 11/7/2015 01:52:42 AM

GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
Yes and no. It's a bit hit and miss but there are some kids that stand out instantly. De Silva Antoni, Bulut, Scorey Goalmeiro. Also this is off season and I am genuinely bored out of my mind.

Ive been following these tournaments since 09. Id say its 50/50 and gets better from u19 onwards. The rest are about AL grade.

Indeed, keep up the good work TSF! But also kind of point was, even with yourself - following since 2009 - As we get older and these kids get younger, so young at some stage that we were even 'old' when they were just born. To think - these lads were just 4 or 5 years old when John Aloisi's penalty sent us to the World Cup?! :o
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

GloryPerth wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Indeed, keep up the good work TSF! But also kind of point was, even with yourself - following since 2009 - As we get older and these kids get younger, so young at some stage that we were even 'old' when they were just born. To think - these lads were just 4 or 5 years old when John Aloisi's penalty sent us to the World Cup?! :o

You're making me depressed mate. As each day passes I move closer and closer to that horrible position of the father that stands on the sideline and lives his football dreams vicariously though his son.

And I don't even have a fucking son :lol:

Edited by Draupnir: 11/7/2015 03:34:00 AM
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

Will do TFS. Will give you a full run down when I get back. :d
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search