Can we just make U44 a mod already please?

Can we just make U44 a mod already please?

Author
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
M80 is fine. I get that it can be frustrating when people constantly wank each other off but I really don't see that happening much, if at all. It's awesome to have people from a forum actually hang out together in real life and have an awesome time. I can't think of many other places where that'd be as successful.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Munrubenmuz wrote:
M80 clowns should hang their heads in shame. And there's mods involved in that rubbish too.

"trouble" threads only started by a few too. Socawho, Scotty21, SalmonFC and a couple of others.

Have a no tolerance policy whereby comments are removed that are off topic or insulting. (Text removed and replaced with "comment removed by moderator, off topic".

Within a week or 2 nobody would bother posting rubbish up because it'd be deleted.

Sorted.

I agree that the posters you named have been guilty of a horrendous use of the 'Post' button over the last few weeks, but hopefully that'll cool down.
What I would ask of you is to stop engaging in Shitfight after Shitfight and quite literally derailing every thread that you post in.
You have value when posting about football, but recently (not always your fault, but often enough) every thread you appear in goes to shit...
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Out of curiosity, exactly how shit of a mod do you all think I'd make?

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

salmonfc wrote:
Out of curiosity, exactly how shit of a mod do you all think I'd make?

LOL mate, no offense but you're not making mod.

And please, stop asking people what they think of you.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Agree with OP. In general a more stricter adherence to the forum rules would help too. ATM only the illegal streams one seems to really be enforced.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
M80 clowns should hang their heads in shame. And there's mods involved in that rubbish too.

"trouble" threads only started by a few too. Socawho, Scotty21, SalmonFC and a couple of others.

Have a no tolerance policy whereby comments are removed that are off topic or insulting. (Text removed and replaced with "comment removed by moderator, off topic".

Within a week or 2 nobody would bother posting rubbish up because it'd be deleted.

Sorted.

I agree that the posters you named have been guilty of a horrendous use of the 'Post' button over the last few weeks, but hopefully that'll cool down.
What I would ask of you is to stop engaging in Shitfight after Shitfight and quite literally derailing every thread that you post in.
You have value when posting about football, but recently (not always your fault, but often enough) every thread you appear in goes to shit...

"Every" thread's an exaggeration but I take your point regards some threads. Nothing in ET, except the multi thread, has me derailing it or contributing overly so that's an outright mistruth. That leaves AF where the only threads I am "derailing", according to you, is anything where Decentric is spouting his KNVB bullshit and that's only 4 or 5 of them.

So I'm not sure where this "every" is coming from but if you think so you're entitled to your opinion. (Even if it's wrong.)

However it is disappointing when someone like socawho posts the foulest abuse you can imagine against me (and again I don't care) and then a mod comes in and says both of you calm down (when it was all one way traffic) then you just say fuck it, why would you even bother being courteous?

There are plenty of posters I hold in high esteem and never insult even if I disagree with them vehemently and that's because their arguments are well thought out and uncontradictory. That'd include you, U4, Redkat, McJules, both Azza's, Scoll, BETHC, quickflick, Heinekin, Draupnir, Scotch & Coke, City slicker, Glenn Aleague Mad, Trident and lately MVArsenal16.8 (and that surprises me) and a few others.

And then of course there's your multitude of retarded reprobates who I won't name and the dozen or so fucked up multis running about the joint fucking up every thread.

Why something can't be done about multis I do not know. To take just one example it is blatantly obvious that RBB_grub is a multi and should have been banned weeks ago. Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not a multi (he is) he has not added one coherent post yet. Every single post is an abortion. If other posters see clowns getting away with that then it's hardly a stretch to think why bother being courteous and respectful.

And do we really need white supremacists like Unshackled here? Practically a Nazi and an obvious multi. Adds nothing.

But anyway, it's not my forum so it's up to you blokes what happens next.

Edited by munrubenmuz: 27/11/2015 08:25:34 AM

Member since 2008.

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Yeah I actually like Munrubenmuz's contributions. I don't really frequent some of the listed threads so I don't see the baiting.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

I agree that there are some troglodytes who constantly spout shit but sometimes it's best not to engage them even if they start trying to bait you specifically. I've noticed recently that some threads are being derailed because arguments that are occuring in one thread are carrying over into another and people are holding grudges. I'm not perfect and I'm guilty of this too but I'm gonna try hard to "play the post" and not the man and give credit where it's due, otherwise riffs form and people get clique and that's unfair.

I'm sure we've all seen a few posts on here recently that start with something like "in b4 so and so comes in and tells us x, y and z". That shit is starting to annoy people I reckon.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Munrubenmuz wrote:
Why something can't be done about multis I do not know.

It's difficult to prove who is a multi. Even with IPs (which only KA can see) it's tough as many people have dynamic IPs, or can easily hide those tracks with a few clicks on a free proxy.

Where one might say the conduct of a suspected multi can be evidence of this, unfortunately this can only ever be subjective, and that's when you get into areas of dispute, etc.

How would people feel if mods shot first and asked questions later and iced suspected multis on first suspicion? What if we got it wrong?
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Munrubenmuz wrote:
roary's mane wrote:
Id be okay with Gazzza - bloke generally has positive stuff to say about every team.

I second jlm's sentiments re: no need to be upset. That shit was awful. Feel like its a lot of 'younger' members really cracking on with terrible jokes/memes.

I also wouldnt be opposed to PB being a mod. Has a good grasp on what is quality banter and what is garlic.

Scotty21 and his MV circle jerkers are responsible for 95% of that "no need to be upset" bullshit.

With regards to U4. If he were my GP I'd rather he use his spare time swotting up on the latest medical literature rather than looking after adolescent retards.

Looking after adolescent retards is part of my job description. I was an active member and regular contributor to the forum when I studied for and passed my final GP exams, so that wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't be a mod unless I was getting paid to do it. And that's not gonna happen.

Honestly, I vote for EG, mcjules and Draupnir. Quick flick is also very well thought out and mature. These guys would make great mods. Better than me.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paladisious wrote:

How would people feel if mods shot first and asked questions later and iced suspected multis on first suspicion? What if we got it wrong?

Which is why I said if they add nothing, like Rbb_grub (and it's literally nothing) then they should be banned. Warn them first if it lets you sleep better at night but out of the 200 posts this grub has posted you could count on 2 fingers anything that was football related.

Add Victoryroarz or roarsvictory or whatever the fuck they're called and the other ones like that.

Member since 2008.

humbert
humbert
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

I formally second the endorsement of u44875692. Most assured figure on this forum.

For my part, I don't mind getting into a bit of a scrap here and there, especially insofar as there are some real cretins on this forum (I say this specifically re one or two posters whose consistent negativityand general posture are toxic). I can see why other people don't really appreciate the tone but I think most would take it in the manner it is intended - i.e. anonymity is conducive to loud voices.

E.G. I have on occasion trod on EG, Draupnir (Draupkick), Heineken, and other posters which is not to say I don't think they aren't nice people. An important distinction.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

It's difficult to prove who is a multi. Even with IPs (which only KA can see) it's tough as many people have dynamic IPs, or can easily hide those tracks with a few clicks on a free proxy.

Where one might say the conduct of a suspected multi can be evidence of this, unfortunately this can only ever be subjective, and that's when you get into areas of dispute, etc.

Given my name contains a bunch of numbers, I can guarantee you that if I joined now I would be howled down immediately as being a multi. That can't be good for new posters. I think there are fewer regular multis than what people think.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

I'm very encouraged that there has been some earnest discussion in this thread about how we can all make this forum a better place.

End of the day you can only count on the mods for so much, responsibility lies with all of us in the community to make this a good place to discuss football and have a good time doing it, before it's too late.
Muz
Muz
Legend

u4486662 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Given my name contains a bunch of numbers, I can guarantee you that if I joined now I would be howled down immediately as being a multi. That can't be good for new posters. I think there are fewer regular multis than what people think.

Even if that were true there are heaps of shitposting clowns that add nothing. Warn them and then ban them if it continues. They'll get the hint soon enough as will their multi mates.

Exceptions being parody multis like nicecrackers or salmonsmum which were well done.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

u4486662 wrote:
I agree that there are some troglodytes who constantly spout shit but sometimes it's best not to engage them even if they start trying to bait you specifically.

Even if you don't engage them they clog up the thread with one line garbage that swamps any coherent replies.

And then, rather then contribute yourself, you leave them to their own devices until it inevitably becomes a pyramid, gif or meme laden farce of a thread.

Fine, you haven't engaged them but guess what, the initial good or thought provoking post has been lost amongst the white noise.

Member since 2008.

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

humbert wrote:
I formally second the endorsement of u44875692. Most assured figure on this forum.

For my part, I don't mind getting into a bit of a scrap here and there, especially insofar as there are some real cretins on this forum (I say this specifically re one or two posters whose consistent negativityand general posture are toxic). I can see why other people don't really appreciate the tone but I think most would take it in the manner it is intended - i.e. anonymity is conducive to loud voices.

E.G. I have on occasion trod on EG, Draupnir (Draupkick), Heineken, and other posters which is not to say I don't think they aren't nice people. An important distinction.

Nah I love our bantz :lol: Would totally buy you a pint if we meet.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Munrubenmuz wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
I agree that there are some troglodytes who constantly spout shit but sometimes it's best not to engage them even if they start trying to bait you specifically.

Even if you don't engage them they clog up the thread with one line garbage that swamps any coherent replies.

And then, rather then contribute yourself, you leave them to their own devices until it inevitably becomes a pyramid, gif or meme laden farce of a thread.

Fine, you haven't engaged them but guess what, the initial good or thought provoking post has been lost amongst the white noise.

Certainly mods should get involved but regular users shouldn't engage. It can be hard to resist the urge though. I'm a bit annoyed at myself for doing so this week.

Muz
Muz
Legend

If mods are unsure about who's a multi and who's not how about a "shitpost poster warning" thread.

Name and shame and if they've been given fair warning and haven't improved their posting then bring down the ban hammer.

That's more than fair.

Add Rbb_grub, Volks, Victoryroarz, Kareem Aboushaka or whatever straight to the top of the list.

Edited by munrubenmuz: 21/11/2015 10:04:38 PM

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

mcjules wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Certainly mods should get involved but regular users shouldn't engage. It can be hard to resist the urge though. I'm a bit annoyed at myself for doing so this week.

But mate what about if there was a good discussion going on? You end up missing out because of the shit behaviour on display and you can't be arsed. Saying to ignore it is easy to do but in the end we're the ones missing out.

Member since 2008.

scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Look I'll put my hand up and say I've been poor over the last few weeks. Especially with the Gorilla meme.

I'll make a conscious effort to up my game.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Munrubenmuz wrote:
mcjules wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

But mate what about if there was a good discussion going on? You end up missing out because of the shit behaviour on display and you can't be arsed. Saying to ignore it is easy to do but in the end we're the ones missing out.

Just ignore the shit posts and keep on topic. Of course this means trusting that moderation will happen.

roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

What if... your son was at home, crying alone on the bedroom floor cause hes hungry, and the only way to feed him is if you mod for the man for a little bit of money?
What would you do?
Muz
Muz
Legend

mcjules wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
mcjules wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

Just ignore the shit posts and keep on topic. Of course this means trusting that moderation will happen.

Which it doesn't and which is why this thread is at 3 pages already.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

scotty21 wrote:
Look I'll put my hand up and say I've been poor over the last few weeks. Especially with the Gorilla meme.

If that's true good on you.

I'll make an effort also.

Member since 2008.

scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Munrubenmuz wrote:
scotty21 wrote:

If that's true good on you.

I'll make an effort also.

Mate I'll call myself if I've been shit.

I respect people like EG as I consder him a friend away from the forums. If he says ive been shit then I need to take a look at myself

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

u4486662 wrote:
I wouldn't be a mod unless I was getting paid to do it. And that's not gonna happen.

This was quite an enlightening passage from you u44, I wish I had the discipline to value my own time the way you do, because I have things I want to do with my life at some point also.

And don't let the being a doctor be a point of difference, your profession has been thoroughly demystified to me; in my job I've seen enough of your lot who haven't bothered to find the time to know left click from right and shoot back with the classist "yeah but I save lives every day" to my polite and friendly attempts at helping them out with their 4:3 white powerpoint slides plastered in hundreds of words of black MS Comic Sans text. :lol:

Doctors. Ugh.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

roary's mane wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Munrubenmuz wrote:

What if... your son was at home, crying alone on the bedroom floor cause hes hungry, and the only way to feed him is if you mod for the man for a little bit of money?
What would you do?

I'd listen to less shit music.
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

Munrubenmuz wrote:
u4486662 wrote:

No doubt, would agree with all of this. Too much shit posting going on. In fact I should clarify, I don't mind the odd shit post that you can ignore, I'm more concerned about the shit threads. These are worse I reckon. They bump off the good threads and when I log onto AF I can't find a good thread to read.

The best threads are the Matchday threads (usually full of good bantz), Aussies abroad, the national team thread and the junior national team's threads.

Everything else is crap. It's either a "trouble" thread, poor crowd number thread, biggest club in country thread, or some bullshit boring off-field anti FFA crap that buggalugs has started. :lol:
u4486662
u4486662
World Class

paladisious wrote:
u4486662 wrote:
I wouldn't be a mod unless I was getting paid to do it. And that's not gonna happen.

This was quite an enlightening passage from you u44, I wish I had the discipline to value my own time the way you do, because I have things I want to do with my life at some point also.

And don't let the being a doctor be a point of difference, your profession has been thoroughly demystified to me; in my job I've seen enough of your lot who haven't bothered to find the time to know left click from right and shoot back with the classist "yeah but I save lives every day" to my polite and friendly attempts at helping them out with their 4:3 white powerpoint slides plastered in hundreds of words of black MS Comic Sans text. :lol:

Doctors. Ugh.

Holy shit that is so true. :lol:

The only reason I say that is because I have seen how hard and thankless your job is and I wouldn't want to do this for free. It's not like it would look good on a CV. :lol:

Pala, you were quite nice to me and sent me a PM on how to access videos of Socceroos games back when I only had a few posts so that stuff is never forgotten.

Whenever a doctor uses the phrase "yeah, but I save lives" just know that they clearly haven't. :lol: they probably work in hospital administration.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search